But will it be the same difficulty and requirements?

Prev1
Revan_Presence
65 posts Member
edited January 2019
Alright, we have this:
Kyno wrote: »
I don't remember seeing anything that said specifically Mission and Zal, just 5 OR toons. It should be possible to use the new OR toons to do the event, tho I suspect you won't be able to get any of the new ones to 7* before the event rolls back around...

As seen above by following that link. He is a heros journey style release. This means you need the exact set of toons required.

Legendary releases are only faction limited, which is what you are thinking of.
And that
Kyno wrote: »
The difficulty of events doesn't change.
...qutoes from moderator.
The main question is: how actually reliable is that? Usually, moderators =/= development team. Can these quotes be considered as something official? Can someone clarify, please?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Official, technically not. But Kyno and other moderators are in communication with the developers so yes, in this case treat it as official.

    The difficulty of events like these has never been changed, regardless of what some people who have poor RNG one time might claim.

    The requirements are also fixed. Legendaries (Thrawn, BB-8, GMY, EP, R2, Threepio, Chewbacca) require ANY five toons from a specific faction. Less wiggle room for some factions by limited choices and some toons being far more effective, but any five can be chosen. This differs from the Journey style events (CLS, JTR, Revan), which require five SPECIFIC characters, which do not change between events. As these are some of the most powerful characters in the game developers wouldn't risk the outcry changing the requirements would cause.

    So yes, Revan will need Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and T3, and around gear VIII will get the job done.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope so.
    There are only two solid reasons that make me really concerned.
    1. According to the original game, at least Karth Onasi and Canderous Ordo were critical for the whole story. Which makes me worried that CG can add one or two stages to the journey, at least.
    2. Thoughs on how official Kyno quotes are.
    Not even going to recommend anything, but I keep gearing OR JKR unlock toon set over IX. Just for the case.
  • UdalCuain
    4662 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    That won't happen. The event is fixed and won't be changing.

    Current thinking is Carth, Canderous, Juhani, and Bastila Fallen will be for a different event for a new DS character, maybe Malak or Sith Revan, and perhaps also requiring Jedi Knight Revan.

    If you don't intend to use the required characters for Jedi Knight Revan elsewhere (though they all have their merits in certain teams), why not take them to gear VIII, and save the gear they need to go higher and only equip it if you need to?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I hope so.
    There are only two solid reasons that make me really concerned.
    1. According to the original game, at least Karth Onasi and Canderous Ordo were critical for the whole story. Which makes me worried that CG can add one or two stages to the journey, at least.

    This never happened previously for any heroes journey. However, the requirements for Chimaera's event was once lowered.
  • That seems logical. Still, clarification from Kyno himself would be nice...) Like, once and for all.
  • UdalCuain
    4662 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Can't see how it would be any different to the information he has already posted that you have quoted, but OK. @Kyno can you please put this guy's mind at ease.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    that
    Kyno wrote: »
    The difficulty of events doesn't change.
    It's present perfect, right? AFAIK, he never told it would not happen in future. Or in 2019/01/31, at least.
    I just don't know how related forum moderators and members of development team are. He could've been expressing his personal opinion there. Or, he does know that for sure. There's a difference.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I hope so.
    There are only two solid reasons that make me really concerned.
    1. According to the original game, at least Karth Onasi and Canderous Ordo were critical for the whole story. Which makes me worried that CG can add one or two stages to the journey, at least.
    2. Thoughs on how official Kyno quotes are.
    Not even going to recommend anything, but I keep gearing OR JKR unlock toon set over IX. Just for the case.

    I cannot comment on how official my statements are. I am doing the best I can do, but am not a dev. They could obviously change things without me knowing/being told.

    No they will not add stages or make changes to an event like this without stating so. We have never had an event changed in this manner. If they dont like the structure of an event, they stop doing that event and release a new one. That we have seen.

    This event will be the same as it was last time.

    If they want to "extend" that event by using the new toons they will release a new event.
  • Yep no event was ever made harder, Chimearas requirements were lowered but other than that, your stressing for no reason, g8 and lvl 85 is where I’m aiming for except for bastilla as I have her at g11 already with zetas etc..
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    I cannot comment on how official my statements are. I am doing the best I can do, but am not a dev. They could obviously change things without me knowing/being told.
    That's clarifying enough, thank you. I don't mind if this thread will be closed now. It's enough said.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Yep no event was ever made harder, Chimearas requirements were lowered but other than that, your stressing for no reason, g8 and lvl 85 is where I’m aiming for except for bastilla as I have her at g11 already with zetas etc..
    I'm a KoTOR fanboy who wants to collect all the gang))) So no, I'm not really stressing for no reason. Because, it's kinda really important for me.
    the_party_by_remireckless_dbfo1wg-fullview.jpg
    revans_muchachos__2018__by_jessyruiz_dcdycqw-fullview.jpg
    Also, I have no 7* legendaries yet, and JKR can become my first.
    Also, I've got really rough time unlocking 5* GMY with what I had these days. And I would really like to take a... Revanche by unlocking 7* GMY (that little nasty jedi hulk, thrice sawn-off) with 7* JKR)))
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The main question is: how actually reliable is that? Usually, moderators =/= development team. Can these quotes be considered as something official? Can someone clarify, please?
    If that's the main question, you picked a horrible title for your thread.
    I suspect not every forum reader knows the awnser, or what the difference between a mod and a dev exactly is, so this thread could actually benefit alot of forum users. Unfortunately it just comes across as fearmongering.
    Personally i would take a mod's, in this case kyno's, statements on the issue that's in the title more serious than just some random guy who questions said statements.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • C3Peio
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    I hope so.
    There are only two solid reasons that make me really concerned.
    1. According to the original game, at least Karth Onasi and Canderous Ordo were critical for the whole story. Which makes me worried that CG can add one or two stages to the journey, at least.
    2. Thoughs on how official Kyno quotes are.
    Not even going to recommend anything, but I keep gearing OR JKR unlock toon set over IX. Just for the case.

    I cannot comment on how official my statements are. I am doing the best I can do, but am not a dev. They could obviously change things without me knowing/being told.

    No they will not add stages or make changes to an event like this without stating so. We have never had an event changed in this manner. If they dont like the structure of an event, they stop doing that event and release a new one. That we have seen.

    This event will be the same as it was last time.

    If they want to "extend" that event by using the new toons they will release a new event.

    I REALLY want to believe you, especially it being you who are always helpful, but I'm still not 100% sure. Sorry.
    I am pretty sure the level of the enemies won't be increased, and there won't be new levels. Where I'm not convinced is in the presence of Revan himself as an ally. The first time around we had a lot of rumours going around, how the kit was changed the previous day, how those with access to the event where underwhelmed, and the fact that you had Revan helping throughout the event really looked like a last minute fix to appease people. May be because the event was too hard before that. Whatever the reason, having the toon you are unlocking as an ally was a very strange thing, and a first time ever. And was it may be a one time only thing?
    That's my biggest fear; that this wednesday they'll be releasing a statement saying how, since we have had so much time to prepare for the event, this time, and looking forward, Revan will not be accompanying us.
    I hope I'm wrong...

    Could we get a definite answer, @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie ? Thank you!
    Post edited by C3Peio on
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @C3Pio
    That's an interesting question, but JKR wasn't simply added to the team as an ally, he takes important role in cutscenes/cinematics/plot itself, right?
    I must admit that I don't really trust CG. I will only start if I'll see that this time the event difficulty and requirements will be all the same. As for now - we didn't get any clarification from Crumb or Carrie about event difficulty and requirements. And as for Kyno - he admits that devs may change anything without noticing him. So, I won't be too surprised if they'll raise difficulty to force us into buying some brand new gear packs or whatever.
    But, removing the main character of the plot would be really weird. Why doing that if they can simply boost enemy stats?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @C3Pio
    I must admit that I don't really trust CG. I will only start if I'll see that this time the event difficulty and requirements will be all the same. As for now - we didn't get any clarification from Crumb or Carrie about event difficulty and requirements. And as for Kyno - he admits that devs may change anything without noticing him. So, I won't be too surprised if they'll raise difficulty to force us into buying some brand new gear packs or whatever.
    I, however, would be very surprised, since it has never happened before. Mythic tiers have been added to legendary events, yes, but the legendary events and Hero's Journeys themselves remain unchanged. But ok, nobody knows what happens for sure until the event goes live.

    (Yes, the requirements for Chimaera's event were lowered).

  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not trying to instigate anything, i'm genuinely curious.
    When it turns out the event is exactly the same, will you feel silly for worrying about it before hand, or will you think they (ea/cg) will most likely do it the next time or find some other reason to justify your feelings?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Official, technically not. But Kyno and other moderators are in communication with the developers so yes, in this case treat it as official.

    The difficulty of events like these has never been changed, regardless of what some people who have poor RNG one time might claim.

    The requirements are also fixed. Legendaries (Thrawn, BB-8, GMY, EP, R2, Threepio, Chewbacca) require ANY five toons from a specific faction. Less wiggle room for some factions by limited choices and some toons being far more effective, but any five can be chosen. This differs from the Journey style events (CLS, JTR, Revan), which require five SPECIFIC characters, which do not change between events. As these are some of the most powerful characters in the game developers wouldn't risk the outcry changing the requirements would cause.

    So yes, Revan will need Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and T3, and around gear VIII will get the job done.

    Uh we all know that's not true. Those that were here for Thrawn know the event difficulty spiked the second time he came around. Granted it was due to the implementing of Zetas but it was still a pretty big jump.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Official, technically not. But Kyno and other moderators are in communication with the developers so yes, in this case treat it as official.

    The difficulty of events like these has never been changed, regardless of what some people who have poor RNG one time might claim.

    The requirements are also fixed. Legendaries (Thrawn, BB-8, GMY, EP, R2, Threepio, Chewbacca) require ANY five toons from a specific faction. Less wiggle room for some factions by limited choices and some toons being far more effective, but any five can be chosen. This differs from the Journey style events (CLS, JTR, Revan), which require five SPECIFIC characters, which do not change between events. As these are some of the most powerful characters in the game developers wouldn't risk the outcry changing the requirements would cause.

    So yes, Revan will need Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and T3, and around gear VIII will get the job done.

    Uh we all know that's not true. Those that were here for Thrawn know the event difficulty spiked the second time he came around. Granted it was due to the implementing of Zetas but it was still a pretty big jump.

    uuh?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Official, technically not. But Kyno and other moderators are in communication with the developers so yes, in this case treat it as official.

    The difficulty of events like these has never been changed, regardless of what some people who have poor RNG one time might claim.

    The requirements are also fixed. Legendaries (Thrawn, BB-8, GMY, EP, R2, Threepio, Chewbacca) require ANY five toons from a specific faction. Less wiggle room for some factions by limited choices and some toons being far more effective, but any five can be chosen. This differs from the Journey style events (CLS, JTR, Revan), which require five SPECIFIC characters, which do not change between events. As these are some of the most powerful characters in the game developers wouldn't risk the outcry changing the requirements would cause.

    So yes, Revan will need Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and T3, and around gear VIII will get the job done.

    Uh we all know that's not true. Those that were here for Thrawn know the event difficulty spiked the second time he came around. Granted it was due to the implementing of Zetas but it was still a pretty big jump.

    Nonsense. I remember all the whining. I had no issue with the thrawn event second time round (only got him 5* on the initial run). Your point brings me back to people with poor RNG claiming an event has been altered.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Official, technically not. But Kyno and other moderators are in communication with the developers so yes, in this case treat it as official.

    The difficulty of events like these has never been changed, regardless of what some people who have poor RNG one time might claim.

    The requirements are also fixed. Legendaries (Thrawn, BB-8, GMY, EP, R2, Threepio, Chewbacca) require ANY five toons from a specific faction. Less wiggle room for some factions by limited choices and some toons being far more effective, but any five can be chosen. This differs from the Journey style events (CLS, JTR, Revan), which require five SPECIFIC characters, which do not change between events. As these are some of the most powerful characters in the game developers wouldn't risk the outcry changing the requirements would cause.

    So yes, Revan will need Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and T3, and around gear VIII will get the job done.

    Uh we all know that's not true. Those that were here for Thrawn know the event difficulty spiked the second time he came around. Granted it was due to the implementing of Zetas but it was still a pretty big jump.

    Nonsense. I remember all the whining. I had no issue with the thrawn event second time round (only got him 5* on the initial run). Your point brings me back to people with poor RNG claiming an event has been altered.

    And low geared toons
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    leef wrote: »
    Not trying to instigate anything, i'm genuinely curious.
    When it turns out the event is exactly the same, will you feel silly for worrying about it before hand, or will you think they (ea/cg) will most likely do it the next time or find some other reason to justify your feelings?
    That's okay, I see no reason to hold grudges there.
    No, I will not fill silly.
    And no. If this event's difficulty will be the same as it was last time, that'll make a good reason for me to think that they won't be raising any legendary event difficulties in future.
    It's just... Nothing stopped them from making this character such a sky-high paywall. Don't you remember all the drama? And if they think that they can drain people even further (I am pretty sure they do), why wouldn't they?
    Yes, there's a chance that a lot of f2p will ragequit. And so what? They aren't getting anything from f2p players, so why would they actually care?
    In my point of view - last time this event happened, they've expressed their money hunger eloquently enough.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    C3Peio wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I hope so.
    There are only two solid reasons that make me really concerned.
    1. According to the original game, at least Karth Onasi and Canderous Ordo were critical for the whole story. Which makes me worried that CG can add one or two stages to the journey, at least.
    2. Thoughs on how official Kyno quotes are.
    Not even going to recommend anything, but I keep gearing OR JKR unlock toon set over IX. Just for the case.

    I cannot comment on how official my statements are. I am doing the best I can do, but am not a dev. They could obviously change things without me knowing/being told.

    No they will not add stages or make changes to an event like this without stating so. We have never had an event changed in this manner. If they dont like the structure of an event, they stop doing that event and release a new one. That we have seen.

    This event will be the same as it was last time.

    If they want to "extend" that event by using the new toons they will release a new event.

    I REALLY want to believe you, especially it being you who are always helpful, but I'm still not 100% sure. Sorry.
    I am pretty sure the level of the enemies won't be increased, and there won't be new levels. Where I'm not convinced is in the presence of Revan himself as an ally. The first time around we had a lot of rumours going around, how the kit was changed the previous day, how those with access to the event where underwhelmed, and the fact that you had Revan helping throughout the event really looked like a last minute fix to appease people. May be because the event was too hard before that. Whatever the reason, having the toon you are unlocking as an ally was a very strange thing, and a first time ever. And was it may be a one time only thing?
    That's my biggest fear; that this wednesday they'll be releasing a statement saying how, since we have had so much time to prepare for the event, this time, and looking forward, Revan will not be accompanying us.
    I hope I'm wrong...

    Could we get a definite answer, CG_SBCrumb CG_Carrie ? Thank you!

    They will not remove him as an ally, that would be a change to the event. They do not change events in that way. If they are unhappy with an event they pull it and release a new event. There is also 100% no reason to think they would change it.

    They were not rumors, the dev team stated they got feedback from beta/game changers that he was underwhelming and they decided to change his kit. This had nothing to do with the event nor caused any changes to the event.

    They do not change events in the manner you are expressing ever. The use of him as an ally was more of a nod to the fact that he was the playable character in the game. This was also the first run of an Ancient Journey (or whatever they called it) and that could also be why we saw a different layout with him as an ally.
  • leef wrote: »
    Not trying to instigate anything, i'm genuinely curious.
    When it turns out the event is exactly the same, will you feel silly for worrying about it before hand, or will you think they (ea/cg) will most likely do it the next time or find some other reason to justify your feelings?
    That's okay, I see no reason to hold grudges there.
    No, I will not fill silly.
    And no. If this event's difficulty will be the same as it was last time, that'll make a good reason for me to think that they won't be raising any legendary event difficulties in future.
    It's just... Nothing stopped them from making this character such a sky-high paywall. Don't you remember all the drama? And if they think that they can drain people even further (I am pretty sure they do), why wouldn't they?
    Yes, there's a chance that a lot of f2p will ragequit. And so what? They aren't getting anything from f2p players, so why would they actually care?
    In my point of view - last time this event happened, they've expressed their money hunger eloquently enough.

    It wasn't that big of a paywall though. 5 characters, no zetas needed, and G8 only. Sure, they kept the farming schedule as tight as they normally do to ensure only a select few (most of whom spent some money) unlocked him. But outside of shards you didn't really need anything else. Requiring 10+ characters (by way of including a Legendary among those required for Revan), or G12 with multiple zetas would have been a "sky-high paywall."

    The $400 unlocking was from game changers that unlocked with no farming (pack purchases only). Most folks I know spent significantly less than the $300 required to bring a new marquee character to 7*. Revan, Bastila, and Jolee at 7* for less than a marquee? Doesn't sound horrible...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Not trying to instigate anything, i'm genuinely curious.
    When it turns out the event is exactly the same, will you feel silly for worrying about it before hand, or will you think they (ea/cg) will most likely do it the next time or find some other reason to justify your feelings?
    That's okay, I see no reason to hold grudges there.
    No, I will not fill silly.
    And no. If this event's difficulty will be the same as it was last time, that'll make a good reason for me to think that they won't be raising any legendary event difficulties in future.
    It's just... Nothing stopped them from making this character such a sky-high paywall. Don't you remember all the drama? And if they think that they can drain people even further (I am pretty sure they do), why wouldn't they?
    Yes, there's a chance that a lot of f2p will ragequit. And so what? They aren't getting anything from f2p players, so why would they actually care?
    In my point of view - last time this event happened, they've expressed their money hunger eloquently enough.

    Fair enough, strange, but fair enough.
    I'm sure there will be character releases in the future that are just as hard or even harder to obtain the first go around than revan. Mainly because if they release a palp difficulty event now it will basically be a hand out for all long term players, so it makes sense that the difficulty gradually increases over time.
    So while i don't think they'll increase the difficulty to make more money, there's still enough money to be made in this game and i'm sure the devs will try their hardest to do so by any means necessary. However, this game has been super f2p friendly this entire time, so apparantly they also care about maintaining a healthy playerbase. That seems contradictionary, but i guess that is how they think they'll make the most money in the long run. Afterall, they aren't running a charity.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Official, technically not. But Kyno and other moderators are in communication with the developers so yes, in this case treat it as official.

    The difficulty of events like these has never been changed, regardless of what some people who have poor RNG one time might claim.

    The requirements are also fixed. Legendaries (Thrawn, BB-8, GMY, EP, R2, Threepio, Chewbacca) require ANY five toons from a specific faction. Less wiggle room for some factions by limited choices and some toons being far more effective, but any five can be chosen. This differs from the Journey style events (CLS, JTR, Revan), which require five SPECIFIC characters, which do not change between events. As these are some of the most powerful characters in the game developers wouldn't risk the outcry changing the requirements would cause.

    So yes, Revan will need Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and T3, and around gear VIII will get the job done.

    Uh we all know that's not true. Those that were here for Thrawn know the event difficulty spiked the second time he came around. Granted it was due to the implementing of Zetas but it was still a pretty big jump.

    They didn't change the Thrawn event. The Thrawn event was made slightly harder by virtue of previous improvements made to enemy AI not due to anything with the event actually changing.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Official, technically not. But Kyno and other moderators are in communication with the developers so yes, in this case treat it as official.

    The difficulty of events like these has never been changed, regardless of what some people who have poor RNG one time might claim.

    The requirements are also fixed. Legendaries (Thrawn, BB-8, GMY, EP, R2, Threepio, Chewbacca) require ANY five toons from a specific faction. Less wiggle room for some factions by limited choices and some toons being far more effective, but any five can be chosen. This differs from the Journey style events (CLS, JTR, Revan), which require five SPECIFIC characters, which do not change between events. As these are some of the most powerful characters in the game developers wouldn't risk the outcry changing the requirements would cause.

    So yes, Revan will need Bastila, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and T3, and around gear VIII will get the job done.

    Uh we all know that's not true. Those that were here for Thrawn know the event difficulty spiked the second time he came around. Granted it was due to the implementing of Zetas but it was still a pretty big jump.

    Nonsense. I remember all the whining. I had no issue with the thrawn event second time round (only got him 5* on the initial run). Your point brings me back to people with poor RNG claiming an event has been altered.

    No you really don't. It was harder because they added a zeta to Thrawm the second time around.

    The minimum gear requirement rose too. And the kill order changed.

    That may not be the only time either. I can't speak to EP or Yoda post zeta but id have to guess they got tougher too.
  • jejuzang wrote: »

    No you really don't. It was harder because they added a zeta to Thrawm the second time around.

    The minimum gear requirement rose too. And the kill order changed.

    That may not be the only time either. I can't speak to EP or Yoda post zeta but id have to guess they got tougher too.

    No they didn't. Thrawn hasn't changed since he was released. In fact, it's easier than the first release because Phoenix got zetas. And neither the Yoda nor EP events are any different. You can play the first tier of the mythic and see that it's the same as it was.
  • jejuzang wrote: »

    No you really don't. It was harder because they added a zeta to Thrawm the second time around.

    The minimum gear requirement rose too. And the kill order changed.

    That may not be the only time either. I can't speak to EP or Yoda post zeta but id have to guess they got tougher too.

    No they didn't. Thrawn hasn't changed since he was released. In fact, it's easier than the first release because Phoenix got zetas. And neither the Yoda nor EP events are any different. You can play the first tier of the mythic and see that it's the same as it was.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/137780/thrawn-event-is-buffed-broken-requires-hotfix

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/137721/is-the-thrawn-event-harder
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »

    No you really don't. It was harder because they added a zeta to Thrawm the second time around.

    The minimum gear requirement rose too. And the kill order changed.

    That may not be the only time either. I can't speak to EP or Yoda post zeta but id have to guess they got tougher too.

    No they didn't. Thrawn hasn't changed since he was released. In fact, it's easier than the first release because Phoenix got zetas. And neither the Yoda nor EP events are any different. You can play the first tier of the mythic and see that it's the same as it was.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/137780/thrawn-event-is-buffed-broken-requires-hotfix

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/137721/is-the-thrawn-event-harder

    What's the point of linking these threads? There are no dev comments so the contents are only speculation. Nothing more than what's already been offered in this thread.
This discussion has been closed.