Can we get an update on zFinn, C3PO and HSTR?

Replies

• This is transparency, Beiji.

They had a solution. They tested the solution. They did not like that solution. They will devise something else.

That is plenty of information as far as we're concerned. And that's all the information there is to give; they cannot tell us when a solution that does not exist yet will come.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Not to mention they are testing things. These are the sort of things people complain about because we do not see them doing it visually but they are letting us know that they do these kind of stuff.

I think what's important here is that they will not be touching Traya at all. At least for now. Makes sense, since zFinn is a game breaking zeta
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    We don't know anything. You could also say that we know the Falcon event will require 3 BH ships or that Shorestrooper will be banned from the next TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think what's important here is that they will not be touching Traya at all. At least for now. Makes sense, since zFinn is a game breaking zeta

No, they said they tested a solution involving the interaction between 3p0 and Finn lead and they were displeased with it. That doesn't mean that's what their ultimate target will be, or even that they're currently targeting it, just that's what their failed plan targeted.

• TVF wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I've got a zeta waiting that I'd like to put on Finn, but I'm not going to until I know that he's not going to get nerfed because of the C-3PO loop in P3. Do you think you could update us on what you're planning to do to get rid of the loop? Even just saying what you won't do would be appreciated.
    Please, please, for the love of Pete, do not rush them to a decision on this.

The more patience we have the more likely the result will be more to our liking.
    They've said they are going to think about this, and I wholeheartedly support that decision.

I'd much rather they take their time and get it right the first time. Put the zeta on someone else if you're worried.

I asked him for an update, not to rush out a change.

I imagine we'd know if there was something worth letting us know about.

Well is telling us they tried and it wasnt good worth knowing? Im just hoping for a “nope not nerfing move along guys” announcement
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I've got a zeta waiting that I'd like to put on Finn, but I'm not going to until I know that he's not going to get nerfed because of the C-3PO loop in P3. Do you think you could update us on what you're planning to do to get rid of the loop? Even just saying what you won't do would be appreciated.
    Please, please, for the love of Pete, do not rush them to a decision on this.

The more patience we have the more likely the result will be more to our liking.
    They've said they are going to think about this, and I wholeheartedly support that decision.

I'd much rather they take their time and get it right the first time. Put the zeta on someone else if you're worried.

I asked him for an update, not to rush out a change.

I imagine we'd know if there was something worth letting us know about.

Well is telling us they tried and it wasnt good worth knowing? Im just hoping for a “nope not nerfing move along guys” announcement

They already said they are fixing it. The only questions are how and when. So you can hope but prepare to be disappointed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Can we get a update losing rewards to people that only solo p3.... not fun this is a serious slap in the face for how long this has dragged on
  • "How long this dragged on" is... not that long, in terms of business days. Much of the duration was over the holidays. They had to put together a fix from scratch after coming back from the holidays.

Last update we got is that they put together and tested a solution, which did not work to their satisfaction, so now they are devising an alternative.
    Still not a he.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Falcon bug fixed in 3days also can we get a pin on this topic unless your trying to Bury this problem this is supposedly a real problem that is affecting the player base
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Drim wrote: »
    Falcon bug fixed in 3days also can we get a pin on this topic unless your trying to Bury this problem
    1) Please Dog no. There are way too many pins in this subforum already.

2) These are not remotely comparable issues. The Falcon bug is just that. A minor bug not working as intended or described. The Finn issue is a big multifaceted design question.
    Still not a he.
  • The Falcon's issues are a different beast. The issues with Han's Falcon were things with that character that did not work as they should have. C3PO and zFinn interactions work exactly as expected they just happen to be effective in the one area of the game that they don't want you to be effective in. I hope that they throw us a bone and never fix it. It would be goodwill to the players. If someone wants to whine because they didn't farm Ewoks; oh well.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Drim wrote: »
    Can we get a update losing rewards to people that only solo p3.... not fun this is a serious slap in the face for how long this has dragged on

Can we please get people to leave them alone about this so they don't feel rushed at all?

I don't want to have to deal with this changing 5 times because some people have no patience. Rushing them means they'll fix it, and then people will farm, and then they'll find a reason to fix it again, and then even the people that waited will be out their gear invested.

Whatever the fix is, I'll deal with it. Maybe I'll even build the team in the meantime since every single character in it has many many uses. Or I'll have other priorities and finish them instead. Either way, this getting fixed soon DOESN'T MATTER at ALL!

Relax. The best thing for all of us to do for everyone involved is to have patience and not rush them. Let's only get this fixed once. Rushing them will literally hurt everyone, and the ones who are most anxious for the fix will suffer most.
  • Drim wrote: »

My guild is able to do tier 6 consistently now, in under a week, just because I am able to take down p3 in a day. Otherwise we max our raid tickets and have to spend most of the time doing tier 5. So we all get better rewards, not just me. (I was typically top 5 before anyways, due to NS, so its not like i jumped up out of nowhere.) It's not all sunshine though, I still can't solo it on auto, only about half. So to solo I have to spend an hour or three making sure c3po always has full tm.

So please do not nerf the zfinn+c3po mechanic!
  • I know top guilds in HSTR that fight for the top 10 spots hate this team. For 2 reasons
    1: It allows those who didn't "earn" it to get top 10
    2: It allows guilds who didn't struggle like they did to beat HSTR

I think both these are good for the game tho. HSTR has been out about a year now, and it's so tough that MANY guilds still cant beat it. A year after HAAT did most guilds still struggle? How long before HAAT had phases people could solo and most average and above guilds had it on farm?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Also, please refund me all prizes I would have received if I had a better JTR squad when we started doing hsth. And refund me what I should have earned because people with a good chex mix team were doing better than I.

And while we're at it, what's with letting people with revan get the crystals that should have rightfully been mine in arena?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Also, please refund me all prizes I would have received if I had a better JTR squad when we started doing hsth. And refund me what I should have earned because people with a good chex mix team were doing better than I.

And while we're at it, what's with letting people with revan get the crystals that should have rightfully been mine in arena?

Right On!!!!! You would think people are hacking the system and cheating. C3PO was available to everyone. I got a 5 star C3PO and I love the Finn team LOL. I easily finish in top 50 of arena now but I guess I should be crying that those pesky Ravens beat me all the time. That's not fair Revan needs to be nerfed. I can not solo phase 3 of the Tier 5 Sith Raid with my Zeta Finn, C3PO, Han, Chewy, and bb8 team. Actually even on manual the most I have done was about 60%. I don't think it is just a plug and play solo. I think you have to have crazy high potency to do it. I have about 75% potency on my characters and apparently that's not enough.

Leave it as is and all you complaining farm Ewoks and get him next time. Problem solved.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Not remotely comparable.

If you don't have a JTR team, you're missing out on a couple million damage. You can make up for that elsewhere. Maybe you don't have a JTR team, but you have an Embo hunters team or an Aurra hunters team that can get you those points back elsewhere. Maybe your Chex isn't as good as others', but you can put together a ROLO followup to get you back in the running.

zFinn/3PO is not a few million that can be made up elsewhere. It's 38 million, through an infinite loop. No other team anywhere can come remotely close to those numbers.

You can take someone who has a good P1 JTR squad, P2 Beast Mode, P2 Leia Spam, P2 Bastila Jedi, P3 Bounty and the Beast, P3 Aurra Hunters, P3 ROLO, P4 Nightsisters, and all combined do less than zFinn/3PO. One team trumps entire good, long-farmed, well thought out rosters.

If you have someone in a reasonable hSith guild whose only team is zFinn/3PO, who can solo P3, and everyone else has a broad and solid crew, the person with zFinn/3PO will still likely get first, or at least top ten. From one team.

And not due to tactics, or sound investments. It's because of an infinite loop. An exploit. And one that fundamentally destroys competition.

Also, CG very reasonably has a policy that the current end game content should still be a competition and a challenge. Autoing it with an infinite loop wrecks the raid. Will that be acceptable some day? Sure. But not today. And probably not until there's a fourth raid, or some other form of even higher-end content.
    Still not a he.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    people that don't have jtr have good embo/aurra squads, and have a good ROLO squad?

Um, either get the team or wait til it's nefred. sheesh
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Just give Traya a stacking even 1% Tenacity when down, and bam, problem solved. Its not really hard. Maybe even make her get Tenacity up buff when she's hit 50 times while down, or even 100, it will only effect this and not effect anything else.

The fixes are really simple, and yet, its been delayed because the first one was too bad? Its a confusing concept. You don't need to touch C3 or Finn, just touch Traya a little, and the team still can do some damage, but then the loop ends. If you have to change it.

I'm fine with it staying, the raids old now, it should be soloable entirely, but the real problem here?

The top 10 reward system.

Stop putting bandaids on the raid and just fix up and even out the drops, enough of the top heavy if you get 11th even with the same amount of effort as 10th but your reward are 100% worse Raid. Noone would complain about how much damage someone else can do if it wasn't a requirement to get top 10.
  • Here’s what zFinn+3PO and this “unintended consequence” have done for us:

Our guild is now doing and completing hSTR and getting record numbers participating vs the utter apathy that t6 was being greeted with and the enormous, tedious slog that it took to complete it. As a result we’ve begun getting Traya unlocked and decent G12 gear.
    We’ve also become a full 50/50 guild having struggled to get beyond around 42-44/50 for most of least year.
    There is now a real buzz to the guild with decent TB and TW participation and results, excellent ticket generation rates and a big uptick in discord and in game comms.

Yes, for some, it is unwelcome but for us, it has been enormously positive and completely transformational for our guild and our collective enjoyment of this game.
  • They could just add to Acolytes basic “if enemy has foresight, attack again” that would make her useful again
  • TVF wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    I’d like to know what they are going to do also, I was going to zeta Finn for the upcoming JTR journey and TW, but the dark side clouds everything.

Hopefully the Dev team can update us on what their timeline is looking like. 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 6 months etc.

Other than that I’ll save the zeta until they do.

You won’t need zFinn to get JTR, but you might consider zesting him anyway. His zeta leadership is key to the new HAAT solo with Threepio.

For now...

I suppose they could nerf Threepio or zFinn in the HAAT. But honestly, zFinn has always been really good in 2/4 phases of HAAT—surely they realized in playtesting that Threepio’s kit would make the HAAT soloable, and chose not to change anything. (but who really knows?)

I figure the plan generally is that over time, new toons can make old content trivial. Just like CLS made it possible to auto-solo the pit, now Threepio makes it possible to (almost) auto-solo the tank. Maybe in a year and a half they’ll release a toon that solos the HSTR.

They’ve already said they dont care about nerfing HAAT because its been soloable for ages
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Just give Traya a stacking even 1% Tenacity when down, and bam, problem solved. Its not really hard. Maybe even make her get Tenacity up buff when she's hit 50 times while down, or even 100, it will only effect this and not effect anything else.

The fixes are really simple, and yet, its been delayed because the first one was too bad? Its a confusing concept. You don't need to touch C3 or Finn, just touch Traya a little, and the team still can do some damage, but then the loop ends. If you have to change it.

I'm fine with it staying, the raids old now, it should be soloable entirely, but the real problem here?

Stop putting bandaids on the raid and just fix up and even out the drops, enough of the top heavy if you get 11th even with the same amount of effort as 10th but your reward are 100% worse Raid. Noone would complain about how much damage someone else can do if it wasn't a requirement to get top 10.

Bingo! Rewards should be the same for at least top 15 or 20.

Ay, if only. Top 15 or 20 would be so welcome cause that's usually everyone that's participating or has put a good amount of damage in anyway, top 10 is way way to exclusive.
    Here’s what zFinn+3PO and this “unintended consequence” have done for us:

Our guild is now doing and completing hSTR and getting record numbers participating vs the utter apathy that t6 was being greeted with and the enormous, tedious slog that it took to complete it. As a result we’ve begun getting Traya unlocked and decent G12 gear.
    We’ve also become a full 50/50 guild having struggled to get beyond around 42-44/50 for most of least year.
    There is now a real buzz to the guild with decent TB and TW participation and results, excellent ticket generation rates and a big uptick in discord and in game comms.

Yes, for some, it is unwelcome but for us, it has been enormously positive and completely transformational for our guild and our collective enjoyment of this game.

Yeah, it has been a positive to some, but the part I don't get is why you took people in who only joined because you became a HSTR guild, Staying at 42/50 sounds better then a 50/50 guild with eight people who are only there to take gear away from the actual people who have put effort into gearing and working on the right times slowly over time. Sounds like your 42-44 was going good enough and would have started having fun regardless :)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Bingo! Rewards should be the same for at least top 15 or 20.

Ay, if only. Top 15 or 20 would be so welcome cause that's usually everyone that's participating or has put a good amount of damage in anyway, top 10 is way way to exclusive.
    Here’s what zFinn+3PO and this “unintended consequence” have done for us:

Yeah, it has been a positive to some, but the part I don't get is why you took people in who only joined because you became a HSTR guild, Staying at 42/50 sounds better then a 50/50 guild with eight people who are only there to take gear away from the actual people who have put effort into gearing and working on the right times slowly over time. Sounds like your 42-44 was going good enough and would have started having fun regardless :)

People, especially n00bs, are “taking gear?” Your guild sounds great!
  • Gorem wrote: »

Sorry, friend, but you could not be more wrong. The 8 we attracted were not noobs but all at least hSTR ready if not very hSTR experienced (including one 4.6m GP player) and have all contributed hugely to our guild community with advice and expertise.

Not sure how/why you read from my post that we were going good enough before then. The truth is we absolutely weren't and were looking at the nuclear option of a guild merge that would have upset a lot of people in both guilds. Unfortunately there's a category of guild that's stuck in a not-quite-at-hSTR stage, incapable of keeping its better players who can easily find hSTR-farming guilds to join and unable to attract the sort of hSTR-ready players that could get them to hSTR status as they aren't an hSTR guild. zFinn/3PO changes all that for them and, in our case, pushed us over that hSTR line and precipitated all the good things that have followed.

AFAIC, I hope whatever nerf they come up with is minor.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

Sorry, friend, but you could not be more wrong. The 8 we attracted were not noobs but all at least hSTR ready if not very hSTR experienced (including one 4.6m GP player) and have all contributed hugely to our guild community with advice and expertise.

Not sure how/why you read from my post that we were going good enough before then. The truth is we absolutely weren't and were looking at the nuclear option of a guild merge that would have upset a lot of people in both guilds. Unfortunately there's a category of guild that's stuck in a not-quite-at-hSTR stage, incapable of keeping its better players who can easily find hSTR-farming guilds to join and unable to attract the sort of hSTR-ready players that could get them to hSTR status as they aren't an hSTR guild. zFinn/3PO changes all that for them and, in our case, pushed us over that hSTR line and precipitated all the good things that have followed.

Thank you for proving my point, you know you proved the exact point I was trying to make, right? oh wow, a 4.6mil player joined your guild to take a top 10 spot, did I get that correctly?

That you were "suddenly" good enough for that "top player" to join you? Not because of being in a good guild or friendship or anything, but to literally take your hard earned gear?

You do realise that top 10 is everything in HSTR because of how badly designed it is, right?

You got those "HSTR" ready players because you are a HSTR guild, so in respect, thank you for agreeing with me on your mistake :)
  • Gorem wrote: »

Yea the reward structure is bad, coming from someone who always takes top 3 when not stuck at working overtime, that’s saying something.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Thank you for proving my point, you know you proved the exact point I was trying to make, right? oh wow, a 4.6mil player joined your guild to take a top 10 spot, did I get that correctly?

That you were "suddenly" good enough for that "top player" to join you? Not because of being in a good guild or friendship or anything, but to literally take your hard earned gear?

You do realise that top 10 is everything in HSTR because of how badly designed it is, right?

You got those "HSTR" ready players because you are a HSTR guild, so in respect, thank you for agreeing with me on your mistake :)

What’s better, being tops the T6 leaderboard or needing to fight to top 10 on heroic?

My guild is 42/50 and we can’t do the HSTR however will probably with enough coordination after Revan , I would gladly trade lesser gear for Traya shards and not need to instruct the guild every few hours during each phase

Being able to sit back and tear through the raid hopefully is well worth having to fight for top 10 compared to guaranteed top 2 I am currently