DSTB platoons

Since the last post was closed by @EA_Cian for “necroposting” as he says in his comment,

“This thread's a year old so I am gonna close it. If you feel it might still be a relevant discussion to have you could start a new thread, but let's please try to refrain from necroposting in threads in the future.”

I’ll do what he asks because it IS a relevant discussion to have still that the devs refuse to listen to us about. I don’t see how that topic was irrelevant though because the problem is ongoing where we have a number of toons required for our DSTB platoons that we need for our CM’s. There are far too many high end and expensive toons required while other toons like a Nute, Mob Enforcer, Sun Fac, etc are barely needed. That’s a major problem when you have characters like Bastilla Shan Fallen, Sion, Nihilus and DT and Shore have several spots per phase. Cian can you please direct the attention of the devs to this because it is very much relevant still

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    isn't that the whole purpose of platoons, having to chose between platooning or using them in SM/CMs?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Toons which are needed for CMs/SMs are never included in platoons for that phase, I'm not sure what you're saying OP.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Toons which are needed for CMs/SMs are never included in platoons for that phase, I'm not sure what you're saying OP.

That's not entirely accurate. There's an overlap, if you platoon all your empire toons in p6 DSTB except for the ones you can't platoon (Veers and IPD iirc) you won't be able to do the special mission, nor the empire only combat mission.
  • leef wrote: »
    Toons which are needed for CMs/SMs are never included in platoons for that phase, I'm not sure what you're saying OP.

That's not entirely accurate. There's an overlap, if you platoon all your empire toons in p6 DSTB except for the ones you can't platoon (Veers and IPD iirc) you won't be able to do the special mission, nor the empire only combat mission.

My point is that there’s too many of specific toons required for platoons that are also needed to feasibly beat the SM/CM’s. True you should be choosing and expanding your roster, but when you need a dozen DT’s as opposed to 1 or 2 mob enforcers...somethings too lobsided
  • @leef
    I just ran through my guilds platoons and we have, in each section, 3+ full platoons worth of empire characters. So that’s just about 7 platoons worth of empire characters required for that one slice. 105 empire characters alone. Many of them repeats like DT, Thrawn, Palp, Tarkin, Krennic and TFP...that’s way too many and then add in two required CM/SM needing just empire? Cmon now
  • It just forces you to make better squads, The empire chars ya listed are by no means the only ones you can use to beat the missions. And you are correct, roster diversity is the goal and the reason behind it , most likely.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef
    I just ran through my guilds platoons and we have, in each section, 3+ full platoons worth of empire characters. So that’s just about 7 platoons worth of empire characters required for that one slice. 105 empire characters alone. Many of them repeats like DT, Thrawn, Palp, Tarkin, Krennic and TFP...that’s way too many and then add in two required CM/SM needing just empire? Cmon now

i count 18 empire toons, so that leaves 8 to spare per player. 8*50=400, that should be enough to fill those 105 empire platoons.
    Besides, you don't need full platoons to get max CM waves.
  • leef wrote: »
    leef

i count 18 empire toons, so that leaves 8 to spare per player. 8*50=400, that should be enough to fill those 105 empire platoons.

It certainly helps considering how hard the rebels hit on assists and how often they chain. But I wonder how easy it is to beat both of those missions without a viable lead and weak support. I’m sure that imperial super commando is high on everyone’s list to gear and mod up 👍🏻
  • Our guild (47* DS TB) has pretty much abandoned phase 6 platoons.

In middle and bottom zones, platoons 3&4 are ALWAYS exclusively Empire. That’s 60 toons, many of them highly desirable combat toons. There’s usually a pile more Empire in other platoons as well.

Would filling platoons make combats easier? Maybe. But when you’ve got factions like BH, FO, NS, Sith for the 2 non-Empire combats, we’re not seeing any significant drop offs in completed waves.

Would it make the Empire combat easier? Debatable. Earning the platoon bonuses at the cost of guild members losing their preferred toons might even make it worse rather than better.

The special mission is also all Empire, but we’ve found that Veers, Starck, Range, Thrawn, IPD is the best chance of success, and mercifully the platoons don’t tend to seek too many of them.

And we are still around 20M toon GP short of 48*, so it’s a long time til these decisions will likely cost us anything.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    “This thread's a year old so I am gonna close it. If you feel it might still be a relevant discussion to have you could start a new thread, but let's please try to refrain from necroposting in threads in the future.”

I’ll do what he asks because it IS a relevant discussion to have still that the devs refuse to listen to us about. I don’t see how that topic was irrelevant though ...

[...]

You seem to have misunderstood something. The moderator didn't claim that the discussion was irrelevant. He claimed that it was an old discussion, you necroed.

• Waqui wrote: »

I’ll do what he asks because it IS a relevant discussion to have still that the devs refuse to listen to us about. I don’t see how that topic was irrelevant though ...

[...]

You seem to have misunderstood something. The moderator didn't claim that the discussion was irrelevant. He claimed that it was an old discussion, you necroed.

I actually didn’t post or contribute to that discussion but saw it was closed for “necroing”. However the comment that flagged Cian to close it wasn’t an irrelevant statement, nor was the thread irrelevant, although old. So to say that it was necroing, adding to a thread so old and irrelevant that it serves no purpose, isn’t correct. :wink:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    leef

It certainly helps considering how hard the rebels hit on assists and how often they chain. But I wonder how easy it is to beat both of those missions without a viable lead and weak support. I’m sure that imperial super commando is high on everyone’s list to gear and mod up 👍🏻

No need to wonder how easy that is, just don't platoon so many solid toons that it leads to you getting in trouble to get max waves.
    I'm getting max waves for a while now regardless of how filled the platoons are. Most of the time we can't even fill all the platoons even if we tried because we simply lack the necessary toons/ships to do so.
    Platoons are overrated, it's better to work on teams that can do the job regardless than to worry about platoons. I feel rather confident in saying that because my guild's TB results have improved quite alot while our ability to fill platoons hasn't. Obviously also because of raw GP, but i'm referring to the CM/SM results.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

[...]

I actually didn’t post or contribute to that discussion but saw it was closed for “necroing”. However the comment that flagged Cian to close it wasn’t an irrelevant statement, nor was the thread irrelevant, although old. So to say that it was necroing, adding to a thread so old and irrelevant that it serves no purpose, isn’t correct. :wink:

Ok. I stand corrected. It was not necroed by you. Still: Adding to very old discussions IS necroing, no matter how relevant the discussion is today. And still, the moderator didn't claim, that the discussion was irrelevant.