Ga bossk

Any suggestions for a counter to bossk boba dengar in 3v3 ga?
I’ve yet to find anything decent

Replies

• As long as you're faster than Bossk and can stun lock him he's toast. KRU "Halt" works great as it dispels and stuns for two turns. Focus down Greedo and/or Cad and leave Bossk for last.
  • Imperial probe droid can one shot most characters. DT deathmark and fracture can do wonders
  • Fracture is good, and the Zeta makes it so that in 3v3 you're not losing Thrawn the entire time Bossk is shutdown.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    IPD wont kill a full health Bossk.

Ive beaten him with zFinn but that is Risky because of the tenacity bonus. JTR and CLS is overkill. Jango or Embo lead +Cad and Greedo will probably work because of Stunlock and big damage. Properly geared Vets would work for the same reason but most dont have them geared that high.

The two ties I tried with Thrawn didn't work. He gimps your damage.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Step1- lock down bossk
    Step2- kill non dengar member. Twice if a fett
    Step3- kill bossk
    Step4-dengar time

In my matches (whatever bracket 2.2 mil gp is in) I can usually use one of the better attacking groups (CLS, Han Chew or something with Thrawn) and still have enough roster for the match.

I use Bossk, Boba, and Cad on my front line. Cad g11, others g12. This round, the team took 3 attempts to take down. Round before, 3 attempts and the team held and stopped anymore attacks. The first round, it got taken down in one, but the guy ran out of resources and took three attempts to take down Sidious, Scav Rey + RT
  • FO lay waste to Bossk BH. If you do zKRU, Kylo +1, you'll be fine. If it's FOO pass your first turn to KRU and stun lock Bossk. Can't resist it and it lasts for 2 turns. If it's not, KRU constantly counters and applies tenacity down to everyone very quickly. Regular Kylo stuns with Outrage. Everyone dies.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bastila lead, Yoda, and GK. Bossk is tanky but special damage is a good way to work him down.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    FO lay waste to Bossk BH. If you do zKRU, Kylo +1, you'll be fine. If it's FOO pass your first turn to KRU and stun lock Bossk. Can't resist it and it lasts for 2 turns. If it's not, KRU constantly counters and applies tenacity down to everyone very quickly. Regular Kylo stuns with Outrage. Everyone dies.

KRU/Kylo/Officer is my swiss army knife for tricky 3v3 teams. Shutting down a key enemy for two turns right out of the gate is so huge.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Similar to posts above,

I used zEP, Thrawn and Vader (all g10) to stun lock/fracture Bossk and Boba (both g12) once they were down dengar went down quick.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I stumbled across the “Carth (L), Ordo, Juhani” team which crushed the above mentioned BH team on auto...

... the opponent was all g12 with all the zetas and bells and whistles...

Despite being far less starred and geared they ground them down pretty efficiently...

Won on full auto convincingly after I had attacked their team repeatedly and had pretty much given up hope of beating them...

So I put them on defense next round and they won 6 battles! Not too shabby!!
    (this is using them at only 3 or 4 stars.... and vs 4.3 mil GP opponents)

Maybe they just caught people off guard since most don’t have any real experience fighting them...

Anyways... That’s what worked for me this last GA... more testing awaits :)
  • PaumeGadet
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @Smapty what gear level do you have carth, ordo, and Juhani at?
    I've started working on Juhani a little on the side, but have been ignoring theother 2.
    If i can get another good defensive team out of them though, I'll dump some resources in them.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd absolutely love an excuse to gear some OR characters. More details plz
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »

Theorycrafting aside, Carth/Juhani/Ordo/Mission/Z should be enough of an excuse if you just check out their kits. DOTs out the wazoo, constant group healing, double tanks and assists aplenty. Assuming you have the correct zetas of course.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »

Theorycrafting aside, Carth/Juhani/Ordo/Mission/Z should be enough of an excuse if you just check out their kits. DOTs out the wazoo, constant group healing, double tanks and assists aplenty. Assuming you have the correct zetas of course.

Zcarth is brilliant. In a 5 pair with zmission, zalbaar, canderous & jolee for constant assists, and the many many dots you'll get mean protection & health regen. None but jolee higher than g8, and carth & canderous 3*.

In a 3v3 I just used zcarth with zmission & zalbaar and it lasted 9 battles. Messaged my opponent and he said as soon as zalbaar got retribution up it was game over. 3.2m gp.
  • 2 options:
    A. Deny Bossk taunt and focus the sides -> this will be able with TM advantage teams - JTR+BB, keep bossk abi blocked by JTR, FO KRU double-turn stun on bossk (you have +30 speed from L), ImpTroopers fast kill before he taunt (you get +20 speed from L), any team with Thrawn faster than bossk.
    B. DPS your way through it. that means, let bossk taunt, just have BIG damage to deal with it, usually with % HP attacks - Zader L Dot stacking, JTR team - again- for exposes, zFinn high potency team, machine-gun exposes (Leia, C3PO +1) the +1 i recommend Paploo, for his ewoks bonuses near c3 and tankiness.. many would suggest Ackbar. and Aco+Zomb cheese with nute L/Leia L.
    for case B, remember that when Dengar is stealthed, toons like c3, leia, and acolyte cant be stealthed. so dont hit dengar if you are using them - first Bossk, then the other one (boba), then, in the end, dengar. when the stealth doesnt matter.

good luck.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Akbar leia c3po is fantastic 3v3
  • @jarvind & @CHFC22 I'm not in any postition to start putting zetas on any of them yet. I'm still "early game" having reached level 85 less than a month ago.

I just thought the idea was interesting as an extra defensive team for GA/TW. I don't have a very deep roster yet, so being able to throw them on D, and have another squad to attack with, would be huge.

Good to know they're viable at G8/G9. I think I can get them there by the 1/31 TW.

Thanks!