Thoughts on Darth Revan requirements

2Next

Replies

• No sith characters in Feb, just sith ships! Kyno teased this already!
  • evoluza wrote: »
    It's a journey... You need Luke in Luke's journey, Rey in Reys and reven in revans.
    It won't be revan sounds extremely wrong

I’m pretty sure Revan wasn’t required in JKR journey!

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    No sith characters in Feb, just sith ships! Kyno teased this already!

Kyno is still just a mod! -.-
  • Ianuvan wrote: »
    It won't be Revan. They won't put a hero's journey into an equivalent event. Maybe Sion, nihilus or a new legendary

I'd say it's more likely it will be. 1) it's not a hero's journey 2) revan was used in his own ancient journey which was never done before either in comparable events.

I'd imagine its gonna be an "ancient fall" type event and revan would be required
  • I posted this elsewhere but I’ll post it here as well.

I personally think they are reinvisioning the game. This next phase of the journey will be a take on LS Revan going through the rest of the planets, Bastila gets captured and turned and ends with Revan falling and becoming Darth Revan. Then you fight with Bastila against the characters that don’t side with DS Revan in the game.

Afterwards we get a Malak legendary to finish the game and round out the Darth Revan, DS Bastila and Malak arena team. It could be a pretty interesting raid with Malak draining Jedi pods to recover his health. You could even attack the pods directly if you destroy Star Forge droids beforehand. Ultimately this is where I see them going with finishing Kotor.
  • It won't be Revan. It will be Malak and it will be a pay wall just like Revan was.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Ianuvan wrote: »
    It won't be Revan. They won't put a hero's journey into an equivalent event. Maybe Sion, nihilus or a new legendary

It's a journey... You need Luke in Luke's journey, Rey in Reys and reven in revans.

The journey here is the one you undertake in the game, KOTOR.
    If you play as light side you get JKR in the end, in that armour (but not wearing that mask! The mask is to hide the features as the game allowed for multiple dif faces)

If you play as DS you get Darth Revan - companion alignment doesn’t matter. Specific characters are required not a action or affiliation. The fact that Eye Sharow Bastila has a skill called apprentice doesn’t mean Malak either - if you play DS you win back dark side Bastila and she becomes Revans apprentice.

We are going to see Malak in this game - maybe a Starforge raid reward. Instead of debating which Sith is coming (there is no debate) we should be pondering whether or not we are getting a new raid soon or just mythic tiers-
  • All wrong :smile: We’ll get Alec who will be needed with all the other characters in a twisted plot that ultimately leads you to Vitiate who turns you both to the dark side thus unlocking them and teasing the next dark side character in August 2020
  • Hope it’s darth Revan, as kotor is not canon they can spin the story how they want maybe malek won’t ever be introduced
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Darth revan isnt coming. Thats a fact.
    Is a new sith meta coming in February and gonna make JKR play 2nd fiddle in arena, you bet.
    But darth revan isnt coming.

Too important of a toon for CG to release this early.

Darth Malak will probably be in February

You have to remember, while this is a game to us, its a business to CG, and rightfully so
  • I’m just going to put this out here

Darth Revan will be a Raid reward character.

• CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    If it foolows the dark side path of the KOTOR game i'm gonna say JKRevan, Hot Topic Bastila, Canderous, T3M4 and HK47 some those are the only characters you have after meeting Bastila after she falls to the dark side and your other allies refuse to join
  • mt875249
    119 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What if it’s a Malak event that has a 3po/Chewie high gear requirement. Any OR toons just g12+. I assume most didn’t gear them high since you only needed bastila high. The new OR releases being a decoy.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »

If you play as DS you get Darth Revan - companion alignment doesn’t matter. Specific characters are required not a action or affiliation. The fact that Eye Sharow Bastila has a skill called apprentice doesn’t mean Malak either - if you play DS you win back dark side Bastila and she becomes Revans apprentice.

This is incorrect. If you turn dark side, Carth will no longer be your companion.
    Neither will Mission, its quite easy to remember that part if youve played it through..
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »

This is incorrect. If you turn dark side, Carth will no longer be your companion.
    Neither will Mission, its quite easy to remember that part if youve played it through..

There have been previous arguments made that it had to be Malak because of the Bastila apprentice link. Story wise when you take the dark side route you don’t have all of these companions with you at the end, as you have mentioned, but this doesn’t matter for swgoh. Story wise you weren’t fighting Battles in KOTOR with more than 3 characters and of course you had Carth from the beginning of Taris.
    They will mix and match the required characters just like the JKR event. Carth probably doesn’t get to play by the end of the event :)
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    What if it’s a Malak event that has a 3po/Chewie high gear requirement. Any OR toons just g12+. I assume most didn’t gear them high since you only needed bastila high. The new OR releases being a decoy.

A geared Revan (which most will have), Jolee and Bastilla would be all you'd need. Gearing the rest would still be irrelevant
  • Would have to be some character to turn the Sith from lightweights to heavyweights in a LS dominated game
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Would have to be some character to turn the Sith from lightweights to heavyweights in a LS dominated game

Take one Jedi Revan Kit and replace the keyword 'Jedi' with 'Sith'.

Watch as DS Revan, Traya, DN, Sion and Malak become new meta.

Rebels/CLS to fall back in to obscurity, until Jedi Luke, with a Clone / Separatist revival in the middle

(Although as someone else has mentioned, Malak as a raid reward for a star forge themed event would be sweet)
  • The first Ancient Journey event basically walked through half of the game, the escape from Taris and two of the four planets you travel to looking for star maps.

I think the next Ancient Journey will take place in the 2 remaining star map planets of Manaan and Kashyyk. This is where you will use Carth and Juhani. Then there will probably be the fight against the companions who betray you when you reclaim the mantle of Sith Lord, followed by a fight against Malak on the star forge. For these portions of the event you will use Fallen Bastila, Canderous, and possibly HK-47 and/or T3-M4.

It's possible that JKR is required since his event is returning or possible that they provide Darth Revan for the event like they did last time with JKR. I would think that if he is needed we will know around the start date of his event's return.

My guess is Malak as a playable character is released as a marquee that really ramps up the Darth Revan led sith squad. It doesn't make sense for him to be required to use as a playable character to unlock Darth Revan, but this will provide additional incentive to spend additional money to optimize your newly aquired Darth Revan.

I think they go ahead and do this now for sith month and to round out the KotOR I content all at once while the new content from Disney is in a lull. The Mandalorian, Clone Wars continuation and episode 9 are all around the corner. Passing up the opportunity to use the rest of the KotOR I toons to unlock Darth Revan now seems foolish to me. What does his release or event look like if it comes months or years from now? Required toons for events aren't always obvious, but they always make sense (arguably C3PO is the only exception, but people still called it). The only other option seems like a raid, but do they really make another raid with a sith KotOR sith reward? I think a lot of people are getting sick of content from a game from 15 years ago that they never played, and the plan was to appease all of the KotOR fans with one consecutive string of releases and events. Now seems to be the time. Maybe I'm way off base, but that's what I'd do if I were planning these things.
  • There's no need to continue this "journey", there's no need for more OR characters. This has gone beyond the stages of homage and anniversary celebration. We have characters that appear in over 20 episodes of a show, major characters of movies, major characters of a current SW game all missing, but here we are with a duplicate of a character that has not appeared in any other SW media in the past decade.
  • Kotor is still the best SW game ever made. It's unfortunate that some are too young to have appreciated it first time round. But remember, kids in their 30s like me who played it first time round are the ones with the $$$. Makes sense to me to milk nostalgia
  • If u need Jedi Revan to get sith Revan, then no one gets him unless they ran Jedi meta, if they all switch from Jedi to sith meta, assuming that Darth Revan is better than the required characters, then the squad arena collapses in the sense that you either run sith empire with palp lead, or sith with Revan lead, and that's it