After last patch, i think jedi everywhere have to flee and hide to avoid annihilation.

With all the nerfs to jedi and all the way buffs to sid in this patch,
I didn't feel balance at all. More like, revenge of the sid or sid strike back and maybe like the sid awakening.

The game is still great but recently i doubt the devs have already gone too far to the dark side of the force.

Will there be any fix or mini patch in the near future? Is there any chance that ewoks or storm troopers will be the star of the show next time. uhh, I feel very excite, really!

Replies

• Jedi OP!!! Nerf Jedi!!!

Jedi too weak!!! Buff Jedi!!!
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • yeh man luminara 4k heal and 20% heal for 2 turns and 4k crit damage and ability block is terrible
  • cause currently now it's all about the 4-5-6-7 so Jedi suck. When they remake 1-2-3 with better actors and real set you'll see the buffs coming
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I've started referring to last Thursday as the "Order 66 Patch".
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • It was there attempt to force people to use more characters than the cookie cutter jedi teams. And it works as intended.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes, now everyone is using cookie cutter Sith AoE teams. Yay.
    Adjustments, especially in a new game, should be made slowly and gently. Not "your healing is reduced by 50%" and "your damage is now doubled against Jedi".
    The new characters also seem to be stronger on one side than the other.
    The net result isn't balance, just imbalance the other way.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Adjustments, especially in a new game, should be made slowly and gently. Not "your healing is reduced by 50%" and "your damage is now doubled against Jedi".

QFT. The last patch is typical of devs in every multiplayer game. "There was an imbalance in play with a specific class at a specific point in the game. As a result we have reduced x by 50%, increased y by 50%, and introduced ability z that increases the overall effectiveness of the underpowered class by another 35% on top of the crazy changes above. You will see these changes take effect across the board rather than at the specific point where the imbalance was seen. Our unintended goal is to create further imbalance that will result in future buffs and nerfs in an unending cycle of change that will infuriate players. May the odds ever be in your favor and the force be with you."
  • Most people tend to like the Dark Side characters better. Whether this affects EA's decisions is another thing....
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Not sure which Jedi you have, but if you're encompassing the entire Jedi roster they are still right there in the thick of things. Ben, Aayla, Jinn - all can be used effectively as leaders or in general vs. Sith - same with Ima. I think they are just more even now and Sith actually have some ability to contend, but with so few Sith their build options are very limited. Widely available Sith vs. widely available Jedi though I could see being sort of a butt kicking. Sid is pretty nasty vs. Jedi and many have him, same for Dooku. Opress is a relatively quick unlock / farm if you target him and Vader most will get over time if not all. You'd need to start breaking in to the chrome / lucky bronze drop Jedi to see the parity (Jinn, Aayla, Ben, Ima, etc.). I think the move was necessary as the Jedi group as a whole was really dominating the PVP builds.

I think this Jedi issue will be a continual problem to balance though as there are just so many Jedi in the lore and powerful and popular ones, yet to be released. What happens when you get Jedi Luke (could have a few versions of him actually)? Yoda? Possibly a young Obi Wan?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Jedi's are all over the place still, and they are still very successful.
  • This game is still pretty new, and with all the interacting skills and bonuses balancing the characters is a complex task.

I'm sure they'll get the hang of it eventually, and don't doubt that it will get rebalanced again. Cuz you're right, the sith are at the top of the food chain right now.
  • Sid just dodged 8 attacks in a row in Galactic war... Dude is crazy good
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Chewdoka wrote: »
    Sid just dodged 8 attacks in a row in Galactic war... Dude is crazy good

yeah don't attack him with Jedi...especially if the leader has an evade enhancer. You will wiff over and over trying to hit him. Have to bring in some non-Jedi when you see a Sid combined with an evasion leader. He's really hard to take down in that situation. Lumi, Obi Wan, Maul, Dooku, etc. as leaders are trouble.
  • Sid is to strong at the moment. As what was said before you dont buff or nerf so drastically in one update. When I read the buffs my mouth dropped. Almost every buff was to a character I use so it benefited me greatly. But Im not blind to the fact it was overdone. The only buff that I thought was actually balanced was the Boba aoe buff because it was truly on the weak side compared to other aoes even with the ability block.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't see sid as that much of an issue for a jedi team, I still run a full jedi team even after the massive buffs to sith against jedi. I do have some issue with one persons darth maul in the top 5, although he is 4 levels above me. Just cant kill him fast enough before he takes out 50% of all my heroes hp.

Although saying that, I struggle in general against his lumi + barris + consular anyway since I struggle to burst them down quick enough before their healing is off cooldown.

Lumi + Bariss + Consular + Maul + Sid leader is a real pain, may be easier if I wasn't 4 levels behind though, they all feel quite tanky even maul compared to people i have fought around my level with these chars before :'(

Overall on the attack you can still deal with sith enemies quite easily, just kill maul first. On the defense, if the ai does not focus maul you are just screwed. As with most issues with balance in this game defense team AI can be a serious problem.
  • For the last time JEDI DONT suck. The problem is everyone used one or two strategies.

Counter or 3x healers.

Jedi are great with the right set up, but the Jedi needs are mostly payed for. Aayla,qui gon, kit, anakin, Obi wan, pylo are all great. You need to learn to synergy better and develop a strategy outside healing.
  • Ravage wrote: »
    For the last time JEDI DONT suck. The problem is everyone used one or two strategies.

Counter or 3x healers.

Jedi are great with the right set up, but the Jedi needs are mostly payed for. Aayla,qui gon, kit, anakin, Obi wan, pylo are all great. You need to learn to synergy better and develop a strategy outside healing.
    Jedi don't suck, but the anti-jedi effects are too powerful. Getting double damage, or near 50% (with a good evasion leader) evasion is just stupidly OP.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I got hit by a 6* maul today in arena..I didnt kill him just to see how bad his AOE was. It didn't dissapoint. If I had a lesser team he would have crippled my entire squad. I actually agree now with this buff because they left his HP and Defense very low. Darth needed some kind of niche. The problem arises when you have Maul and Old Daka on the same team. Who do you attack first? Maul? What if Daka rezes him? Daka? Then Maul has time to wind up his AOE. Lol, decisions decisions! I choose Daka and it worked out. Barely.
  • That's the deal on Mual - sure his hit is powerful, but the guy is unbelievably slow and his health is among the lowest in the game. He's well balanced even after the Jedi power buff. The Jedi are dead predictions are just overdone. Sith are not dominant, it's just more in equity now. Before these changes Sith were lagging behind. They have so many fewer options and build configurations - they actually have no options :) There are only 5 Sith (correct me if I'm wrong).
  • Strong attacks will always defeat strong defense/heals. Jedi damage is a joke. Light side damage is crap.
  • I think the buff to sith was given bc to date the strongest known team is a Jedi counter team, ima gun Di, Ayala, fisto and others.
  • I think a problem might be that players are really in 2 different places in game play. Those that complain about sideous are probably more of the global launch who don't have great counter options to a 5+ star sideous that's geared up. The Sith are so squishy, but ftp global launch probably won't have enough non-jedi damage to reliably bring him down before heals start kicking in.

It is a similar problem to what dooku and Barriss were, easy to get or buy characters whose early power level is high is going to recieve a lot of complaints, regardless if it is more balanced later in the game.
  • I'm loving using my Maul as leader heehee nearly 50% dodge for Sid against Jedi ;)
  • Lol. You have no idea how broken certain Jedi compositions are. There are people at the top of the pvp ladder with Gun-Di lead, maxed Aayla, old ben, kit, lumi/barriss etc. That team can destroy almost anything..
  • Daykos wrote: »
    Lol. You have no idea how broken certain Jedi compositions are. There are people at the top of the pvp ladder with Gun-Di lead, maxed Aayla, old ben, kit, lumi/barriss etc. That team can destroy almost anything..

I love going against these teams lol, not because of easy wins, they aren't, I just enjoy having a mini Sith vs Jedi fight :D