Assist bonus?

Do characters reduce turn meter when assisting? CLS for example. Can I put a AA leadership in with CLS and a bunch of support units to have CLS constantly attacking?

Replies

• Yes.

Any assisting unit attacks with their basic attack, and any effects from the basic come with it.
  • Thanks!
  • You cannot, however, assist an assist. So for example, Ezra, Han, Chewie. Call Han for the assist with Ezra, Chewie’s assist for Han won’t fire off.
  • You cannot, however, assist an assist. So for example, Ezra, Han, Chewie. Call Han for the assist with Ezra, Chewie’s assist for Han won’t fire off.

Is this your assumption only, or did you test this? Id expect Chewie to assist on too, in this scenario.

Is this your assumption only, or did you test this? Id expect Chewie to assist on too, in this scenario.

Seen it with Threepio calling Han (with translation), and Chewie (without translation) doesn't assist Han.

Chewie's kit makes it clear - he assists during the ally's turn. Would have been fun under an Ackbar lead if not!
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Good to know, thanks.
    Lazy dog that Spacedog is. :)
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I swore when I call Han to assist with Qira, Chewie assists (he is not prepared). Perhaps Guard gives Han the ability to call an assist and changes it? I'll watch in arena today.

And I dont have his zeta but I thought FOST zeta could call an assist off of an assist?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    And I dont have his zeta but I thought FOST zeta could call an assist off of an assist?

It can, his ability description has a bit that says "whenever First Order Stormtrooper uses and ability" though which is different from most other ability descriptions that call assists. When FOST assists (or counters, or taunts etc.) he's "using an ability" so gets a chance to call an assist.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    VonZant wrote: »
    I swore when I call Han to assist with Qira, Chewie assists (he is not prepared). Perhaps Guard gives Han the ability to call an assist and changes it? I'll watch in arena today.

Was Qi'ra Guarded? And FOST might, his zeta description says "any ability." I haven't tried him under Phasma yet to see if that would work.

Also, if you use Ezra under Ackbar and call Hoda to assist, I believe you get another assist from Hoda's primary for a total of four actions (Ezra's attack, Hoda's attack, assist from Ezra using a non-attacking ability, assist from Hoda using a non-attacking ability. It doesn't make a lot of sense, granted)

Edit: I just tried the FO thing - it does work. KRU stuns, FOST assists, KRU assists.
  • Wrong. Assis ton assist works, tested. Ex qira call Young han (under guard) then chewie will attache too
  • Mission can assist Zaalbar if he assist under Carth lead
  • Seranya6 wrote: »
    Wrong. Assis ton assist works, tested. Ex qira call Young han (under guard) then chewie will attache too

Only if Chewie is prepared. I ran CLS/Ezra/Han/Chewie/Old Ben in arena for a while. Chewie would only assist once when a Guarded Ezra called Han to assist. Chewie's kit explicitly forbids assisting guarded characters out of turn.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Seranya6 wrote: »
    Wrong. Assis ton assist works, tested. Ex qira call Young han (under guard) then chewie will attache too

Only if Chewie is prepared. I ran CLS/Ezra/Han/Chewie/Old Ben in arena for a while. Chewie would only assist once when a Guarded Ezra called Han to assist. Chewie's kit explicitly forbids assisting guarded characters out of turn.

Yeah as someone poited out above, chewie is assisting my Guarded Qira. That is whats doing it. Its not Han calling him.

All I know is things melt when it happens. ;)
  • The assisting on assists may be programmed differently for each scenario. When using C3PO Oh My Goodness, I choose BB8, and while there's a bunch of actions happening, he does not gain an additional assist from him attacking out of turn.
  • yuuzhanron wrote: »
    The assisting on assists may be programmed differently for each scenario. When using C3PO Oh My Goodness, I choose BB8, and while there's a bunch of actions happening, he does not gain an additional assist from him attacking out of turn.

He should, and does when I use it. Are you sure it's not just happening quickly?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Aayla calls assists when assisting as well. Use Ezra to call her and her chance to call an assist still works.
  • Dengar will also chain-assist when his payout is active. :)