Revan gearing worth it?

Revan requires a lot of gear and zeta's, and to be truly useful in arena, you need to also gear jolee and bastila.

Is it really worth all the resources, especially for f2p, when a new meta will probably land in Feb to crush Revan? or would it be wiser to stick it out till Feb comes and goes and see what lands first?

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yes its worth it. Revan's time won't be long in the meta but he is still an incredibly powerful toon in Territory Wars and Grand Arena. The easiest way to beat a Revan team on defense is using your own Revan team. You can own the next big thing but an opponent that has both Revan and the next meta team can overwhelm you. You can beat those opponents but its a lot easier if you have Revan too

Honestly, Bastilla and Jolee have a lot of mileage outside of Revan teams too and would be great ROI
  • It depends...

If it ONLY arena and you have a decent traya you could opt. To wait

However, are you in a position to participate in a new meta as ftp?

Overall I feel revan (and jolee by association) are worth gearing for tw, ga and the like, but I have no illusions that he will be any better in arena than traya currently is
  • GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Definitely not worth it, you shouldn't worry about unlocking him or gearing him as he's a useless toon.
  • Emmant wrote: »
    It depends...

If it ONLY arena and you have a decent traya you could opt. To wait

However, are you in a position to participate in a new meta as ftp?

Overall I feel revan (and jolee by association) are worth gearing for tw, ga and the like, but I have no illusions that he will be any better in arena than traya currently is

Traya is weak in arena now. Still viable, but weak. If you have a good traya team it might be better to save your crystals for the next meta, and i’m assuming u already started farming for it.

Otherwise, revan will be the way to go, since usually the meta right before will still be semi relevant.
  • I would stockpile gear and see what you think in a few weeks or as long as you can stand staring at all those green plus signs :blush:
    Honestly unless you have all of your mods with 20+ speed as well, then you'll still be locked out of the top of arena. At least that's how it is in mine.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Revan will likely be like CLS and JTR. Even long after his moment has passed, he will still be good. For raids, TW, Grand Arena. And also, there isn't a solid counter yet, and if there is, will that counter hold better on defense ? And how many will have it ?
    So yes, obviously if you get Revan you should gear him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes he is. Will he have a lock down on arena for much longer, no probably not, but he is a great toon with many other uses and is for HSR p2 what JTR is for P1. Then as stated, TW, TB, and GA.... but I guess it's all about what your focuses are.
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    Revan will likely be like CLS and JTR. Even long after his moment has passed, he will still be good. For raids, TW, Grand Arena. And also, there isn't a solid counter yet, and if there is, will that counter hold better on defense ? And how many will have it ?

There isn't a solid counter YET, but we do not know who will have that counter, yet. The most ideal thing would be to unlock Revan and simply horde until you see what the potential counter is, whether you'd rather have that character(s), or whether you'd rather upgrade Revan.

Do not decide yet, simply wait and take action when it is most advantageous. A true Revan.
  • I will unlock and hold off until we see what comes in February. I have been hoarding gear for him but will now wait. I will gear him eventually but only after I see what is coming in Sithuary.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    If you think you will GET whatever DS Revan counter MAY be coming, and you want to horde your gear for that, there may be an argument in holding off. If you probably won't get that character on the first go around, then you should probably just gear JKR. Becsuse who's going to get that counter? Whales who already have JKR with +150 speed from mods? If you don't get that counter character, you will now have to compete with all the second-time Revaners who WILL be gearing theirs.
  • Revan is great now and will be great next year, so...

up8m0zd9y9t7.gif
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    crzydroid wrote: »
    If you think you will GET whatever DS Revan counter MAY be coming, and you want to horde your gear for that, there may be an argument in holding off. If you probably won't get that character on the first go around, then you should probably just gear JKR. Becsuse who's going to get that counter? Whales who already have JKR with +150 speed from mods? If you don't get that counter character, you will now have to compete with all the second-time Revaners who WILL be gearing theirs.

This is my philosophy. Currently running Traya in arena and it's going fine, but as soon as 150 people on my shard have Revan rather than the current 30 odd pretty much any of them will just be attacking my team on auto. Farming the new characters with refreshes in the vain hope that's enough if needed. Will try and wait for a road ahead or some form of other info but given how unlikely any useful info seems to be I'll probably be gearing and switching to Revan pretty soon after unlocking him. Will wait to see how big an impact it has on arena to determine how quickly I try and gear him.

I do have his team mates at 12 and almost all his gear saved though.

Edit: Of course I'll gear him over time either way for out of arena use!
  • Just because he wont be the best in February doeant mean who wont be second best. And remember not a lot of people will get dark revan (or malek) rd 1.

Plus CLS used to be king ding a ling. Then not so much. Now who are the 3 leads in arena?

Traya revan, and oh look... cls is back.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If the meta shifts you've got to take into consideration that you might not be able to obtain the new meta regardless of whether you didn't spend your hoarded resources on revan or not. Also, revan will most likely be the 2nd best team to use in arena even if the meta shifts.
    You can choose to wait to see what happens, but that will most likely worsen your situation during that waiting period.
    I for one will imidately gear revan on the 31st. Whatever happens he'll be a great addition to my roster.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vohbo wrote: »

There isn't a solid counter YET, but we do not know who will have that counter, yet. The most ideal thing would be to unlock Revan and simply horde until you see what the potential counter is, whether you'd rather have that character(s), or whether you'd rather upgrade Revan.

Do not decide yet, simply wait and take action when it is most advantageous. A true Revan.

Yes there are. EP/SITH, TRAYA/SITH, NS and JTR are all beating Revan teams now.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Everyone beats everyone on offense. Right now, Revan teams are losing the least, and thus are meta/hold the best

that's about to change, but most players won't get the new meta, so the old meta is the best bet most likely
  • I can’t imagine a scenario where you’d regret gearing Revan.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Look at this way - would you consider gear used on Commander Luke or Jedi Training Rey to be "wasted?" Probably not, but they're both way older than Revan.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png