Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Buffems
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'd prefer just keeping them
    all "vanilla".
    Definitely more vanilla ones and definitely no banned characters.
  • Buffems wrote: »
    I'd prefer just keeping them
    all "vanilla".
    Definitely more vanilla ones and definitely no banned characters.

this ^^
  • Vanilla (regular mode) as much as possible please
  • My vote is:
    3 "vanilla" TW and 1 "with some bonus" TW per month.
  • 1 vanilla every 2 months
    I liked picks and bans but prefer picks.
    Someone here had the idea of a 3vs3 TW. Sounds interesting too.

PS: the last TW was the funniest ever, for me
  • It's as if millions cried out and were ignored.. again..
  • ScummerAntilles said it perfectly in the first reply. This game element is fundamentally flawed. While he’s probably correct that it’s not beyond redemption I have no faith that any fix we got would be worthwhile or timely. Therefore my preference would be to ditch TW entirely and fold the rewards into something else, while freeing up more calendar space for GA, which matchmaking issues aside does what TW should do - lets people who like the format do it in sensible time chunks and let’s those who don’t ignore it without worrying about the impact on their guild
  • MaraxusSW wrote: »
    ScummerAntilles said it perfectly in the first reply. This game element is fundamentally flawed. While he’s probably correct that it’s not beyond redemption I have no faith that any fix we got would be worthwhile or timely. Therefore my preference would be to ditch TW entirely and fold the rewards into something else, while freeing up more calendar space for GA, which matchmaking issues aside does what TW should do - lets people who like the format do it in sensible time chunks and let’s those who don’t ignore it without worrying about the impact on their guild

+1000000000000
  • If u watched ur guild throw 30 squads at a weak ewok team, ud understand why they are quitting the game too. Ur stupididity has gone too far. I havent spent 2 years farming toons only to realise they cant be used. Let me use my toons or give me my money back.
    Vanilla or oblivion.
    Im not relearning the rules every week.
    If any of my guild set def on a latte mochha half caffe cuppacino twars, they get removed from my guild.
    We are on strike with no picket crossers.
    U will earn the title of general by default if u fight us.
  • I think alternating Vanilla and Special wars would be good. If we go back to having 4 wars per month, starting with Vanilla war set and then doing a modified war set might be fun.
    The frequency can be revisited as new characters are introduced to the game.
    Please DO NOT BAN charcters.
  • Chewblocka
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I like adding small bonuses to individual characters (especially rarely used characters), but god tier bonuses for entire factions is a no.
  • My vote is 100% “Vanilla”.
  • My vote s for every TW vanilla
    4 times per month
    Please no more bans, no more bonuses
  • What about to have same calendar for both TWs?
    And let guild to choose (by leader or any officer) whether guild wants play vanilla or non-vanilla TW.
  • Please, for the love of the game, stop playing with TW modes. You have had over 100 pages stating that TW vanilla is the preferred mode, why won't you listen? Is Rian Johnson now in charge of TW?

GA was set up to be your play and fun mode. Please let us have our fun in TW designing teams and trying to help the guild out. These 'fun' improvements by the devs are not. Our guild lost players due to the December and January 'fun' and I expect to lose more due to this. Why work on characters and teams that are not going to work the way they are designed?

Bans were the worst and I hope who ever thought they were good is forced to watch TLJ every day the rest of their lives. Small, occasional (i.e. 1-2 times A YEAR) bonuses may be ok such as in November, but this faction boost is almost as bad. When a 90-100K team can't beat a 40-60K team due to unlimited turns you have failed to design it correctly. This mode is about skill and time in choosing and equipping a team, not hoping the devs haven't lost their mind and pushed out something they call fun but we call something else, with multiple four letter words.

And for those who say 'It is only one TW' this proves it is not. This is (if I am counting correctly) three out of four TW in 2019 that are not vanilla. Our guild likes the vanilla TW and does not participate in the 'fun'. If we lose out on the mode we enjoy, then I can't see us staying around to support a game that does not listen to its customers. This game is starting to jump the Sarlaac pit, and many of us are hoping it turns away before it is to late.
  • This got way more complicated than I like, took me time I cannot afford to rework squads. That said, I can reuse what I have so far. I do NOT love the crazy bonuses unless I know about them before the GA, so a notice thru inboxes next time will help. With almost two years in the game I am used to being jerked around by the developers like this. My response is an uncharacteristic apathy resulting in lower play time and tightened purse strings. Those who like having to constantly scramble fascinate me.
  • More vanilla!

• new map with an unlockable backdoor mechanic.

That is the stuff dreams are made of!

I'm a mediocre player in a mediocre guild and really enjoy this mediocre good experience. And its a really bad experience to be matched with another mediocre guild that has a super whale that uses golden Revan/Han teams to Solo us with a deadlock block.

We are a mediocre guild, but have been playing twars back door for 12mths. Using only the buttons given by EA/CG, we infiltrate enemy guilds at start of twars def, and take notes. Enemy leaders, tanks, gold gear, last active indicates who signed up twars, READ back all swgoh comms for 3 days. Often reads def setup. Han solo has been aboard the death star for some time.
    Vanilla only mimicking the movies.
    In what universe does wicket whoop palp thrawn vader fett dooku?
  • TW is such a time suck. Waiting 2 hrs for your guild to clear a wall because you only have 1-2 teams ideal to counter that team and then check back in later is not ideal.

Adding super characters like Mace is one way to address that issue and may give allow me 3-4 teams.

Some ideas:
    You can only use a character 10 times in a region. This forces guilds to use 3 or more team comps in a wall and will allow people to check in and take out 3-5 teams in one sitting and maybe check in one more time to hit another wall.

Each player can only deploy defenses in 2 territories and can only attack in 2 territories. Again this eliminates walls and allows players to attack when they have time.

For both of the above scenarios fleet would have to be an exception.

Bans were the worst idea you have had and not just for the much stated reason that when you invest in a character you should be allowed to use them. If you banned 3 characters instead of 28 people would have probably been irritated but not nearly as much.

“Any” changes to TW should be announced 1 month in advance and be minor enough to not require massive amounts of time to restrategize. Banning 28 characters killed almost every team I own and was not worth the effort reconfigure all of my teams. Giving 4 characters super powers on the other hand required little reconfiguration. 4 factions getting superpowers this most recent TW was a bit much.
  • Any idea that allows people to only have to check in once or twice per TW would be welcome. Walls where you only have 1-2 good counters and have to wait 2 hrs for your guild make TW suck.

1) you can only use a character 10 times in a region. You can still put 50 Revan/NS/etc teams on D but you can’t build a wall.
    2) each shard member may only deploy defenses in 2 territories. They can also only attack in 2 territories. All territories would be accessible at the start and not require one territory be defeated to open the next and fleet would be free for all.

Each idea would require strategic guild decisions and these ideas and many others you might decide to implement should be announced well in advance. A month notice would be my recommendation to give people a chance to plan.

• I think all vanilla all the time is best. If you wanted to have "special TW" bonuses, then they could be offered as a third TW rather than as a replacement for a "vanilla TW."
  • I find occasional bonuses for underpowered/underused toons and factions interesting and entertaining!
    1 improved faction or 4-5 toons per TW is enough, though - making more of them so ridiculously OP changes the whole game too much.
    So I'd like a little spice in about 50% of the TWs in form of those smaller bonuses (could also be territorial ones, platoon-like or whatever - no bans please!)
    And as we always need 1 war to actually see the effect of the bonuses in action to really effectively use them in the next one, I would like to see a pair of "spiced" TWs alternating with a pair of vanilla ones.
  • onk
    316 posts Member
    Two Vanila and two with bonuses per month is fair enough for me .
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Maybe not faction bonuses but single character bonuses.
  • Let me start by saying first and foremost, I do not like these Territory War variations. That being said, I know they're happening whether I like it or not, so, it would be cool to see TW bonuses on one special TW per month. More than that seems a little overkill. TW has become a lot of players favorite part of the game before these changes were even made. I know it's my favorite for sure. As for these ***monthly TW bonuses*** please don't ever ban characters again. There was nothing fun about that. The IT bonuses were cool but hard to work with since you only have 5 minutes. The ewok bonuses were kind of overkill, but still a little fun. But for future reference, myself (and my entire guild) enjoy "VANILLA" Territory Wars MUCH BETTER than the variations. So please, if you're going to do these variations, just limit them to once a month. Thanks!
  • I want see a set rotation between the standard FO, BH bonus and certain factions get bonus in each TW. If the developers are to roll out a new map other than Hoth, I want to see factions related to that map get the bonus.
  • What if every other Territory Wars you can randomize it where one guild can only use light side and the other guild only darkside ? Giving certain buffs to the usual "clone wars" era toons like G.K., Grievous, Dooku etc... making it more like T.B., closer to film settings
  • Hey there...excited to see some bonuses come back, but not too thrilled that we have Vanilla and Bonus this week in back to back wars. That is a lot of re-modding and shuffling in a fairly small amount of time to deal with it.

Just my 2 cents
  • @CG_SBCrumb the thread about Jawa's being bugged got closed and referred to the help site and of course they can't do anything about it since it's not active. Has this bug been fixed?
  • I like all the attempted changes to TW, this includes banning of the characters and then buffing other characters. I would like to see the Vanilla mode 1 time per month. Otherwise change it up. Give Tusken some love or let the feminist rule the Galaxy. I would even like a hidden bonus to a character like what EA did for Mace but not stating who gets it.

Reading all the negative comments about the banned characters is funny IMO, I wonder how many complain about the ban characters are not unlocking characters or leveling them up to keep their GP low for GA. Cry me a river, I spend $$$$ and not allowed to use the team I focused on.

EA is challenging us to use all characters not just the latest or recent meta characters.

Thanks EA for making TW interesting and challenging.
This discussion has been closed.