Does Guild Recruitment Actually work?

TheSpiceOfLife
70 posts Member
edited January 2019
So I have been wondering if anyone ever joins guilds from the recruitment tab? I've been posting on there for years and never got anyone from it. So is my pitch wrong or is it just a waste of time?

We really want to get more ppl in our guild.

PS. Let me make this clear we are not trying to recruit from this post, just asking a question.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes it works.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It looks like your recruiting thread is very old. That may be an issue.
  • Posted new stuff today
  • But how can a small guy compete with the big guns with all there fancy pics?
  • Yes, it works.

Your guild only has 6 active members. A guild merger might be more what you are looking for.
  • No we don't how'd you come to that conclusion?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    But how can a small guy compete with the big guns with all there fancy pics?

So you are admitting you knqo it works, but you just cant do it as well. There is not much anyone can help you with in that department
  • No I am not admitting that I know it works since I've been doing for several months and not gotten a single bite. I am just noticing that there are others who have big posters and was wondering if they get all the offers due to big billboards and knocking the small guys out of the running thats all.
  • No we don't how'd you come to that conclusion?

From your recruitment thread ...
    We here at the Legends of Old are looking for new and experienced players. We would like to start doing tier 5 raids on The Pit, we are only 10 players 6 are active we really would like to become a real power house guild and eventually do tier 7 raids.

We only have one rule no foul language!

So if you are looking for a nice easy going guild with cool ppl that enjoy talking Star Wars drop us a line or join us, we would love to have you.

My Ally Code: 335-133-324
  • That’s an old one but yes you are correct
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No I am not admitting that I know it works since I've been doing for several months and not gotten a single bite. I am just noticing that there are others who have big posters and was wondering if they get all the offers due to big billboards and knocking the small guys out of the running thats all.

For them to be "knocking the small guys out of the running", they would have to be working for them.

Anyway, putting a little more information and trying to keep it at the top [without using bump] can really help.

Great info to include is your TB info, TW record, and what raids you are doing and thier frequency.
  • Ok thanks for the good info!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I have found 2 new guilds this way in the past.
  • But how can a small guy compete with the big guns with all there fancy pics?

Have you tried lying?
  • Of course not! That is dishonest and I can't do that to my fellow SWGOH players!