Fleet Arena

Just hit lvl 60 a few days ago and don't really have any idea of a path to follow for fleet arena. I'm hoping to place as high as I can and looking at the others in my shard I'm not as outmatched as i am in squad arena. Are there any teams i can put together now that will do better than what I'm using? Also what are good ships/characters to start farming?

https://swgoh.gg/p/141351226/

Thanks for the advice.

Replies

• I'm still relatively new, but here is my advice:

Pre #1) Use all fleet materials credits wisely - these are in incredibly short supply as you progress early.

1) Save at least 800 fleet arena tokens before your reset in case Vader and/or his ship are available in fleet arena store. Buy these at all costs.

2) Ghost & Phantom - since you have Phoenix already, getting these ships to 3-4 stars should bring your arena ranking to top 25 by themselves. These are periodically in the fleet arena store. Once I got mine to 4*, I pretty much abandoned them for now but kept my Phoenix leveled.

3) KRU + Silencer - both are on the same cantina farm, so it will go very quickly. Get both of them to 7* asap.

From there, it really depends on what you want to accomplish. I went all dark side ships so I could farm zetas as soon as possible (need 5 x 5* dark side ships + executrix). I have about a 50/50 win percentage against like light side ships depending on RNG, but normally finish #2 by reset everyday. One guy is over 60k stronger than anyone.

Like I said, I'm new, but here's my profile in case you care: https://swgoh.gg/p/539284339/
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The blessing/curse of the release of a legendary ship is that it lays out a clear path to a beastly fleet. Bounty Hunter and Rebel ships so you can unlock Han's Falcon and then lawl your way to victory while your rebels unleash an obscene amount of assists and dispel absolutely everything.

Granted, BH ships are long farms, so in the meantime, all the TIEs (Imperial, First Order, Silencer, and Advanced) are good choices, as well as Biggs and the Phoenix ships.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    The blessing/curse of the release of a legendary ship is that it lays out a clear path to a beastly fleet. Bounty Hunter and Rebel ships so you can unlock Han's Falcon and then lawl your way to victory while your rebels unleash an obscene amount of assists and dispel absolutely everything.

Granted, BH ships are long farms, so in the meantime, all the TIEs (Imperial, First Order, Silencer, and Advanced) are good choices, as well as Biggs and the Phoenix ships.

By the time all this happens, the meta will probably shift three times over. My shard is around 20 months old and there are only 10ish Falcons. Nevertheless - this is a good point of focus.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    One of the early milestones is to collect 5 non-capital dark side ships at 4* minimum, and 8 non-capital ships of any alignment at 5* minimum. This is required to unlock the first tier of the ship ability materials challenge, which rewards zeta materials for your characters.

• Xezee wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

By the time all this happens, the meta will probably shift three times over. My shard is around 20 months old and there are only 10ish Falcons. Nevertheless - this is a good point of focus.

Sure, by then it'll probably be Sith or Separatists following a rework or something. Still, just because RJT doesn't rule squad arena anymore doesn't make her not worth acquiring.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Try to hit up nodes that give you both a character and a ship... KRU and Silencer, Jango and Hound’s Tooth.

Farm efficiently.
  • Another viable path would be the Geonosian Trio. Many people don’t do them because the geonosians themselves are not very useful in squad arena or events, but their fleet is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Another viable path would be the Geonosian Trio. Many people don’t do them because the geonosians themselves are not very useful in squad arena or events, but their fleet is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Bonus: their ships can easily be farmed from the Galactic War store. The soldier and spy's can, anyway - I'm not sure if Sun Fac's shows up there. But you can farm his on a pretty early fleet node.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sun Fac's ship does show up at the Fleet Store a lot