Chances we get a Road Ahead today

Replies

• Speculation posts > Road Ahead.

If the Road Ahead is a thing you guys are going to continue, you have to get better at it. Otherwise, just let it die.
    Ooba hutar.
  • We will get the road ahead post 2 weeks before the end of March and it will tell us everything we have just received this quarter
  • The datamine from last quarter had a Grievous rework. This quarter's datamine has a Grievous rework. Both Road Ahead's were/are delayed.
    8c6.gif
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    The datamine from last quarter had a Grievous rework. This quarter's datamine has a Grievous rework. Both Road Ahead's were/are delayed.
    8c6.gif

Wasn't data mined. Someone leaked it, big difference.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready! As Kyno mentioned, this week is looking like a strong possibility but no promises. Cross your fingers and toes despite what Obi Wan says
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif
    To what purpose it is coming?) at this point, people in 155-170 mil gp guilds hyped not about future, but about return of event from October.. I mean, it seems sooo wrong at this point that people think about past toon (he is meta right now, but for how long? for a month?) and not about what is coming in February or March
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready! As Kyno mentioned, this week is looking like a strong possibility but no promises. Cross your fingers and toes despite what Obi Wan says
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

Any chance you guys are starting on the next one to avoid being late.

At this point i dont care about whats in this one, i only care that its on time based on the cadence you guys set.

Is April's going to come in early April or can we expect it in May?

Is July's going to come in early July or August?

Is October's going to be in early October or middle November again?

Will we start getting the calendars before the new month starts?

Will you guys communicate in a timely manor, which you promised us you would... or do we just accept that communication is not a priority now?

To paraphrase a quote from the movie...
    Try not Crumb, do or do not.
    Just tell us if you will or you will not meet the cadence you set and then do that.
    yb8r32s7s80g.jpg
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

LOL!!!! We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready... Not before it is ready, or even after it is ready, but as soon as it is ready!
  • From a PR perspective just adjust the road ahead and schedule it in the middle of the quarter or end of the quarter so it’s not late... and you could potentially surprise us and release it early by doing this.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    From a PR perspective just adjust the road ahead and schedule it in the middle of the quarter or end of the quarter so it’s not late... and you could potentially surprise us and release it early by doing this.

Exactly my thoughts
  • I love how the majority of this thread is Kyno defending CG
    1v2rvfhmmp6v.jpeg
  • Paarngfig wrote: »
    I love how the majority of this thread is Kyno defending CG

You've seen how censored this site it, you really think one of the mods would be any different?

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Paarngfig wrote: »

You've seen how censored this site it, you really think one of the mods would be any different?

Kyno does defend, but his points are not without merit, I just disagree with most of them.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

At this point i dont care about whats in this one, i only care that its on time based on the cadence you guys set.

Will you guys communicate in a timely manor, which you promised us you would... or do we just accept that communication is not a priority now?

Just tell us if you will or you will not meet the cadence you set and then do that.
    yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

I am sure they have the next year ( or two) loosely mapped out but the exact timing has a lot to do with marketing and power creep. Grievous ‘ delay (if he really was delayed) could have been as much to do with how he would interact with revan teams as anything else. Some things need to be staggered.
    Of course, I’m still anxious!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Sorry but Kyno is amazing compared to the other censors. He is more a player than schill. He just has a duty as a moderator to perform.

Look at the Players Road ahead....amazing post. Stayed up forever everyone liked it. No issues

Look at the Players Road ahead #2...amazing post. Stayed up one day..TAKEN DOWN FOR NO REASON. But it was not Kyno that took it down it was the company people....

How scary is it that a funny post is so threatening to them...

Kyno does his job and is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the censor bots.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

Some things need to be staggered.

Problem is neither side will admit when they are wrong.

when its staggered forum rages "nothing to do" which is true when your only event of the day is omega or training droids etc.

When it's back to back to back to back to back forum rages "falling behind f2p power gap get's bigger" and that is ALSO TRUE..

and neither side would accept the middle just complain too busy or nothing to do.....

But THERE is NO ship content that's fun or meaningful except smugglers run 30 seconds every 2 weeks...

I despise no ship content and the only event running is omega or training droids..... it's horrible..

give us ship content
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

Sorry but Kyno is amazing compared to the other censors. He is more a player than schill. He just has a duty as a moderator to perform.

Look at the Players Road ahead....amazing post. Stayed up forever everyone liked it. No issues

Look at the Players Road ahead #2...amazing post. Stayed up one day..TAKEN DOWN FOR NO REASON. But it was not Kyno that took it down it was the company people....

Agreed. I may not agree with him.. but hes a good mod and makes well thought replies
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Kyno does defend, but his points are not without merit, I just disagree with most of them.
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I'm not saying he's a bad mod at all, but it's how this site works. Much more sensitive it seems than any other community I've ever been a part of... He may not bad at all in terms of being a shill but you can be darn sure that the mods are going to do what they can to what many of us believe is an unnecessary extent of defending CG

You know something's off when most of the interaction the community managers have had recently includes some trolling of themselves because they know they have been so far from their own par that they have set
  • tanki60o
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Saw this on discord server

6t5zcm0nlug0.png

Hey that’s my meme :D
    I posted last quarter when we were waiting for over a month for the road ahead :)
    I AM the High Ground
  • peharps there is a in game purchase of a road ahead spoiler... =)
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Personally I dont think the devs ever NEED to communicate with us. The people in my corporate office almost never deal directly with the customer. That's the frontline peoples job. Crumb communicates when there is something to communicate, he is not going come on the forums and say "hey guys, nothing new today".

That being said interaction creates more excitement and speculation. However, speculation often leads to your disappointment. Kyno really does an amazing job of communicating with us, do you not like it because he is a mod and not CG? He is giving is the same information CG can give us, which is nothing. But why say CG doesnt communicate when Kyno is actually the one doing it?

Just my thoughts, sometimes the silence is your answer.
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    Saw this on discord server

6t5zcm0nlug0.png

Hey that’s my meme :D
    I posted last quarter when we were waiting for over a month for the road ahead :)

Hahaha its reused on discord a lot. Good job man
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    1v2rvfhmmp6v.jpeg

We must have a very different definition of majority.

• Gair
    616 posts Member
    From a PR perspective just adjust the road ahead and schedule it in the middle of the quarter or end of the quarter so it’s not late... and you could potentially surprise us and release it early by doing this.

I have to disagree with this. The Road ahead isn't very far ahead if you are already half way down the road.
  • @Kyno , you’re still Good Boy... yes, you Are!
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

I have to disagree with this. The Road ahead isn't very far ahead if you are already half way down the road.

Just the other half. So if your complaint it is "it's really late" and were are halfway through then there is really a lot left over. Pure logic.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Personally I dont think the devs ever NEED to communicate with us. The people in my corporate office almost never deal directly with the customer. That's the frontline peoples job. Crumb communicates when there is something to communicate, he is not going come on the forums and say "hey guys, nothing new today".

That being said interaction creates more excitement and speculation. However, speculation often leads to your disappointment. Kyno really does an amazing job of communicating with us, do you not like it because he is a mod and not CG? He is giving is the same information CG can give us, which is nothing. But why say CG doesnt communicate when Kyno is actually the one doing it?

Crumb IS the front line person.....at least he’s supposed to be. Kyno is like an unpaid intern helping that front line person. Personally, I think they should hire Kyno, make him the community manager.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Crumb IS the front line person.....at least he’s supposed to be. Kyno is like an unpaid intern helping that front line person. Personally, I think they should hire Kyno, make him the community manager.

Agree completely about Kyno. However we dont know what Crumbs job description actually is. His title says something and we interpret that as something, however his job description may very well say "dont say anything ever, unless we tell you to say something".
  • "...his job description may very well say "dont say anything ever, unless we tell you to say something"."

If that is the case then he is doing a bang up job!
This discussion has been closed.