Drop rates

Replies

  • Liath wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Apologies, yes I meant gearing not modding. The metalanguage gets overwhelming after a while.

    As said above thank you: I want to see a somewhat faster progression that takes out the tremendous grind it is. Grinding is natural, sure, but in 90%+ games I have played since getting 'hardcore' into gaming 20 years ago, even ones such as SWGalaxies could get you say 20% of the characters maxed out in 6 months hard playing. 6 months hard playing this game gets you two? Three? Characters maxed?

    Yes, you invest heavily in one team for 6 months, only one of many, only ONE!

    I have been in the Arena ranked between 350-550 daily the past year. Clearly I am not competing for the top 100: I just don't want to have to wait so incredibly long to see just one character get to gear 12. It's far too long.

    The more new characters are released, the further and further I get left behind, leading to three or four times kicked from guilds as I can't keep up. Next it will be Revan: even next time round in a few months after this time round, I still won't get him. I am troubled with getting a 7* Bounty Hunter team, as well as.... As well as... Too many!

    Devs: you are overwhelming us and are giving far too little, or far too much to cope with even if spending money too. How can this be entertaining?



    This idea that you are falling farther behind is not real. .

    GA, Arena, Raid scores say this is false

    In arena you are only facing people who started at the same time as you. You are not falling behind those people just because you can't catch up with those who started years earlier.

    In GA you are facing people with the same GP as you. When you are a newer player, your GP is low, and you are going to face people who have similarly low GP. You are not falling behind people who have been playing seriously for years. You might eventually be paired with people who have been playing casually for years, but you aren't behind them; if anything you should have an advantage since you had the ability to focus only on the currently useful characters.

    Raid scores are a function of your guild. If you are in an appropriate guild with people around your level, you aren't falling behind them, as they are in the same boat as you. If you are in a guild with people who are far above you and are basically carrying you, then getting heroic rewards long before you would naturally obtain them ought to actually place you *ahead* of most of the people you are actually competing with.

    Very well said
  • Dk_rek
    3242 posts Member
    edited January 29
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Apologies, yes I meant gearing not modding. The metalanguage gets overwhelming after a while.

    As said above thank you: I want to see a somewhat faster progression that takes out the tremendous grind it is. Grinding is natural, sure, but in 90%+ games I have played since getting 'hardcore' into gaming 20 years ago, even ones such as SWGalaxies could get you say 20% of the characters maxed out in 6 months hard playing. 6 months hard playing this game gets you two? Three? Characters maxed?

    Yes, you invest heavily in one team for 6 months, only one of many, only ONE!

    I have been in the Arena ranked between 350-550 daily the past year. Clearly I am not competing for the top 100: I just don't want to have to wait so incredibly long to see just one character get to gear 12. It's far too long.

    The more new characters are released, the further and further I get left behind, leading to three or four times kicked from guilds as I can't keep up. Next it will be Revan: even next time round in a few months after this time round, I still won't get him. I am troubled with getting a 7* Bounty Hunter team, as well as.... As well as... Too many!

    Devs: you are overwhelming us and are giving far too little, or far too much to cope with even if spending money too. How can this be entertaining?



    This idea that you are falling farther behind is not real. .

    GA, Arena, Raid scores say this is false

    In arena you are only facing people who started at the same time as you. You are not falling behind those people just because you can't catch up with those who started years earlier.

    In GA you are facing people with the same GP as you. When you are a newer player, your GP is low, and you are going to face people who have similarly low GP. You are not falling behind people who have been playing seriously for years. You might eventually be paired with people who have been playing casually for years, but you aren't behind them; if anything you should have an advantage since you had the ability to focus only on the currently useful characters.

    Raid scores are a function of your guild. If you are in an appropriate guild with people around your level, you aren't falling behind them, as they are in the same boat as you. If you are in a guild with people who are far above you and are basically carrying you, then getting heroic rewards long before you would naturally obtain them ought to actually place you *ahead* of most of the people you are actually competing with.

    Very well said

    Saying it does not make it true...so I started the same time as people in my shard guys have 4.8 million GP

    I have 3.8 how am I not falling behind ? Your right I'm not falling behind...I'm just behind

    He might want to claifiy also that Ship GP flaw that's actually making you not face people with similar GP and rosters when there are no ship areas.... which even then anything beats anything in ships so there is no real advantage to having 300k more ship GP when it's just one area....

    So ship GP only hurts
  • I literally said 3 words regarding another post. I think you meant to tag the other guy.
  • Kyno
    22136 posts Moderator
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Apologies, yes I meant gearing not modding. The metalanguage gets overwhelming after a while.

    As said above thank you: I want to see a somewhat faster progression that takes out the tremendous grind it is. Grinding is natural, sure, but in 90%+ games I have played since getting 'hardcore' into gaming 20 years ago, even ones such as SWGalaxies could get you say 20% of the characters maxed out in 6 months hard playing. 6 months hard playing this game gets you two? Three? Characters maxed?

    Yes, you invest heavily in one team for 6 months, only one of many, only ONE!

    I have been in the Arena ranked between 350-550 daily the past year. Clearly I am not competing for the top 100: I just don't want to have to wait so incredibly long to see just one character get to gear 12. It's far too long.

    The more new characters are released, the further and further I get left behind, leading to three or four times kicked from guilds as I can't keep up. Next it will be Revan: even next time round in a few months after this time round, I still won't get him. I am troubled with getting a 7* Bounty Hunter team, as well as.... As well as... Too many!

    Devs: you are overwhelming us and are giving far too little, or far too much to cope with even if spending money too. How can this be entertaining?



    This idea that you are falling farther behind is not real. .

    GA, Arena, Raid scores say this is false

    In arena you are only facing people who started at the same time as you. You are not falling behind those people just because you can't catch up with those who started years earlier.

    In GA you are facing people with the same GP as you. When you are a newer player, your GP is low, and you are going to face people who have similarly low GP. You are not falling behind people who have been playing seriously for years. You might eventually be paired with people who have been playing casually for years, but you aren't behind them; if anything you should have an advantage since you had the ability to focus only on the currently useful characters.

    Raid scores are a function of your guild. If you are in an appropriate guild with people around your level, you aren't falling behind them, as they are in the same boat as you. If you are in a guild with people who are far above you and are basically carrying you, then getting heroic rewards long before you would naturally obtain them ought to actually place you *ahead* of most of the people you are actually competing with.

    Very well said

    Saying it does not make it true...so I started the same time as people in my shard guys have 4.8 million GP

    I have 3.8 how am I not falling behind ? Your right I'm not falling behind...I'm just behind

    He might want to claifiy also that Ship GP flaw that's actually making you not face people with similar GP and rosters when there are no ship areas.... which even then anything beats anything in ships so there is no real advantage to having 300k more ship GP when it's just one area....

    So ship GP only hurts

    Players $$ to get ahead is not the same as you falling behind.

    You have the opportunity to get the same materials and schedule they do.

    They do have a similar GP, they just allocated those resources in a different way.
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Apologies, yes I meant gearing not modding. The metalanguage gets overwhelming after a while.

    As said above thank you: I want to see a somewhat faster progression that takes out the tremendous grind it is. Grinding is natural, sure, but in 90%+ games I have played since getting 'hardcore' into gaming 20 years ago, even ones such as SWGalaxies could get you say 20% of the characters maxed out in 6 months hard playing. 6 months hard playing this game gets you two? Three? Characters maxed?

    Yes, you invest heavily in one team for 6 months, only one of many, only ONE!

    I have been in the Arena ranked between 350-550 daily the past year. Clearly I am not competing for the top 100: I just don't want to have to wait so incredibly long to see just one character get to gear 12. It's far too long.

    The more new characters are released, the further and further I get left behind, leading to three or four times kicked from guilds as I can't keep up. Next it will be Revan: even next time round in a few months after this time round, I still won't get him. I am troubled with getting a 7* Bounty Hunter team, as well as.... As well as... Too many!

    Devs: you are overwhelming us and are giving far too little, or far too much to cope with even if spending money too. How can this be entertaining?



    This idea that you are falling farther behind is not real. .

    GA, Arena, Raid scores say this is false

    In arena you are only facing people who started at the same time as you. You are not falling behind those people just because you can't catch up with those who started years earlier.

    In GA you are facing people with the same GP as you. When you are a newer player, your GP is low, and you are going to face people who have similarly low GP. You are not falling behind people who have been playing seriously for years. You might eventually be paired with people who have been playing casually for years, but you aren't behind them; if anything you should have an advantage since you had the ability to focus only on the currently useful characters.

    Raid scores are a function of your guild. If you are in an appropriate guild with people around your level, you aren't falling behind them, as they are in the same boat as you. If you are in a guild with people who are far above you and are basically carrying you, then getting heroic rewards long before you would naturally obtain them ought to actually place you *ahead* of most of the people you are actually competing with.

    Very well said

    Saying it does not make it true...so I started the same time as people in my shard guys have 4.8 million GP

    I have 3.8 how am I not falling behind ? Your right I'm not falling behind...I'm just behind

    He might want to claifiy also that Ship GP flaw that's actually making you not face people with similar GP and rosters when there are no ship areas.... which even then anything beats anything in ships so there is no real advantage to having 300k more ship GP when it's just one area....

    So ship GP only hurts

    You're talking about something completely different than the OP. You can certainly fall behind people that start at the same time as you and spend money when you don't. But you're not falling behind because the gear grind is tough or because a lot of characters are being released when it's equally tough for everybody. No matter where they set the drop rates, or how many characters get released, you would still fall behind people who spend money. Which is the point of them spending money and not something that will be or should be changed.

    ETA: Besides, in arena you only need one great team, or a couple of good teams to counter the few teams that pop up. GP is almost completely irrelevant to arena standings. It's completely possible for f2p to hang at the top.

    Ship GP is also a completely separate question from what the OP is talking about and is not a matter of anybody falling behind, it's just different priorities. (If you were talking about me in that section, I'm not a he.)
  • I'd have to say that farming characters is the easiest and quickest it's been since I've started playing the game. Hard node characters can be farmed in 35 days or less if you keep refreshing.
    Gear is definitely a pain, but after you get your raid and arena teams set, you can afford to hoard gear for when it is necessary (next meta shift or legendary/heroic releases).
    I do wish there was an option to strip gear from unused characters (like mods) especially with toons that i utilized when i first started playing like luminara or royal guard.
  • So as a f2p player it is possible to keep up. The price however, is never developing older toons. The end result of that.. sure you can compete in GA, arena, even do well in raids.. but that ewok event, forget it your not going to be able to gear your ewoks well enough to ever managed the bonus without sacrificing being competitive. Need to gear those vets to get JTR? Sacrifice again maybe waiting another 6 months for Revan.

    Keeping up and being competitive means a sacrifice in another area. If it isn't meta, ignore it or lose any chance to compete.

    I think all the OP is asking for is the chance to compete, and at the same time the chance to catch up on those older events that he wasn't around for because he didn't start playing 3 years ago.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • “They do have a similar GP, they just allocated those resources in a different way.“ by Kyno

    This argument is really not working. But you are resistent on this, no matter how many people bring in plausible explainations.

    1. To bring toons and ships together in arena where one is nearly unimportant is a bad choice.

    2. GP doesnt reflect the real power of specific toon or teams, especially which are op. They are underrated. But i accept this is a difficult thing to solve properly.

    3. Means the outcome of many grand arena fights is predetermined, and for that
    not worth playing.

    4. If people invest in “wrong“=“not usefull toons“ with whatever reason and not in the “right“ toons, you are looking to have, are punished till to the end of this game. A sad look into the future.

  • I'm wondering where i can look up the actual drop rates for shards on hard nodes?
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    Brynx wrote: »
    I'm wondering where i can look up the actual drop rates for shards on hard nodes?

    You can’t. The only data we have is what a group of players collected.
  • ObiShenobi wrote: »
    So as a f2p player it is possible to keep up. The price however, is never developing older toons. The end result of that.. sure you can compete in GA, arena, even do well in raids.. but that ewok event, forget it your not going to be able to gear your ewoks well enough to ever managed the bonus without sacrificing being competitive. Need to gear those vets to get JTR? Sacrifice again maybe waiting another 6 months for Revan.

    Keeping up and being competitive means a sacrifice in another area. If it isn't meta, ignore it or lose any chance to compete.

    I think all the OP is asking for is the chance to compete, and at the same time the chance to catch up on those older events that he wasn't around for because he didn't start playing 3 years ago.

    This is very true. Been playing for 11 months now FTP. I've concentrated on fleet and squad arena using my crystal income to accelerate farms for legendary/heroes journey toons. After going for chewie; my arena team is behind and has gone from getting top 10 on a good day to not making top 50. I'm no where near revan or 3po. I have to choose which area to sacrifice to get these toons or ignore them for now and focus on keeping my crystal income coming in.

    It's very difficult to do both the chasing the new shiny and keep competitive without spending money, I know it's by design, but I do understand why it feels like it's demotivating to some folk. I'm ok to just accept it, make my choices and stand by them.
  • ObiShenobi wrote: »
    So as a f2p player it is possible to keep up. The price however, is never developing older toons. The end result of that.. sure you can compete in GA, arena, even do well in raids.. but that ewok event, forget it your not going to be able to gear your ewoks well enough to ever managed the bonus without sacrificing being competitive. Need to gear those vets to get JTR? Sacrifice again maybe waiting another 6 months for Revan.

    Keeping up and being competitive means a sacrifice in another area. If it isn't meta, ignore it or lose any chance to compete.

    I think all the OP is asking for is the chance to compete, and at the same time the chance to catch up on those older events that he wasn't around for because he didn't start playing 3 years ago.

    Are you talking about the assault battle? You also can use Jedi, which includes many important arena/raid characters. Plus, the reward for the top tier of the assault battle is 2 omegas; a f2p who is focusing generally isn't in an omega crunch, because they're not gearing fast enough to overcome the omega income. So missing out on the rewards won't put you behind.

    As far as your whole claim that gearing the vets for JTR somehow puts you behind on Revan, well that's just not a remotely reasonable proposition. The JTR event can be done with a VERY weak Vet Han, and a g8 (possibly even less) Vet Chewie. If getting a character to g8 somehow derails farming shards, you really need to better manage your resources.
  • How hard it is to get g12 depends on where you're at in the game. The drop rates suck if your only option is to farm it.

    But as you progress, you quit needing to farm gear from nodes. With 3 raids giving guild currency and tb giving increasing amounts of ge currency, you get a lot of gear there. Then as you star more and more toons you get shard currency for gear too.

    By the time you're at end game, you get several thousand guild currency a week. Around 10k ge currency every 2 weeks and 1000 or so shard currency a day. So the gear crunch is far less. Not to mention the raids, tw, tb, and ga all have gear as rewards. If you consistently get top 10 in all those raids you get plenty of gear to get a toon or two to g12 every few weeks.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Apologies, yes I meant gearing not modding. The metalanguage gets overwhelming after a while.

    As said above thank you: I want to see a somewhat faster progression that takes out the tremendous grind it is. Grinding is natural, sure, but in 90%+ games I have played since getting 'hardcore' into gaming 20 years ago, even ones such as SWGalaxies could get you say 20% of the characters maxed out in 6 months hard playing. 6 months hard playing this game gets you two? Three? Characters maxed?

    Yes, you invest heavily in one team for 6 months, only one of many, only ONE!

    I have been in the Arena ranked between 350-550 daily the past year. Clearly I am not competing for the top 100: I just don't want to have to wait so incredibly long to see just one character get to gear 12. It's far too long.

    The more new characters are released, the further and further I get left behind, leading to three or four times kicked from guilds as I can't keep up. Next it will be Revan: even next time round in a few months after this time round, I still won't get him. I am troubled with getting a 7* Bounty Hunter team, as well as.... As well as... Too many!

    Devs: you are overwhelming us and are giving far too little, or far too much to cope with even if spending money too. How can this be entertaining?



    This idea that you are falling farther behind is not real. .

    GA, Arena, Raid scores say this is false

    In arena you are only facing people who started at the same time as you. You are not falling behind those people just because you can't catch up with those who started years earlier.

    In GA you are facing people with the same GP as you. When you are a newer player, your GP is low, and you are going to face people who have similarly low GP. You are not falling behind people who have been playing seriously for years. You might eventually be paired with people who have been playing casually for years, but you aren't behind them; if anything you should have an advantage since you had the ability to focus only on the currently useful characters.

    Raid scores are a function of your guild. If you are in an appropriate guild with people around your level, you aren't falling behind them, as they are in the same boat as you. If you are in a guild with people who are far above you and are basically carrying you, then getting heroic rewards long before you would naturally obtain them ought to actually place you *ahead* of most of the people you are actually competing with.

    Very well said

    Saying it does not make it true...so I started the same time as people in my shard guys have 4.8 million GP

    I have 3.8 how am I not falling behind ? Your right I'm not falling behind...I'm just behind

    He might want to claifiy also that Ship GP flaw that's actually making you not face people with similar GP and rosters when there are no ship areas.... which even then anything beats anything in ships so there is no real advantage to having 300k more ship GP when it's just one area....

    So ship GP only hurts

    Players $$ to get ahead is not the same as you falling behind.

    You have the opportunity to get the same materials and schedule they do.

    They do have a similar GP, they just allocated those resources in a different way.

    And spend money to pull ahead. Me falling behind, or them pulling ahead is only an argument of semantics. The point is the gap between pay and free is growing, regardless of which term used to describe it.

  • Are you talking about the assault battle? You also can use Jedi, which includes many important arena/raid characters. Plus, the reward for the top tier of the assault battle is 2 omegas; a f2p who is focusing generally isn't in an omega crunch, because they're not gearing fast enough to overcome the omega income. So missing out on the rewards won't put you behind.

    As far as your whole claim that gearing the vets for JTR somehow puts you behind on Revan, well that's just not a remotely reasonable proposition. The JTR event can be done with a VERY weak Vet Han, and a g8 (possibly even less) Vet Chewie. If getting a character to g8 somehow derails farming shards, you really need to better manage your resources.

    I was being vague intentionally, as there is always way to counter any single argument in isolation.

    To perhaps make my point in a slightly different way, let's focus on what it takes to remain competitive.
    Assume "competitive" means maintaining a position in the top 200 of the arena, and having some decent teams for TW and GA.

    In this case, you're going to need to farm your toons to g12. Farming a single toon to G12 instantly enforces a choice - farm the 50-150 pieces of gold gear you need for that toon to be g12, or farm shards for characters. Only in very rare circumstances do the toons you need shards for coincide with the nodes you are farming gear on. You will see some of that gear from raids, but not enough, and you may wait weeks before the raid drops the gear you actually need.

    So if all your energy is going to specific toons for gear, and what's left is farming those shards you need for Revan, what's left to focus on an Ewok, or a Veteran, or even Hoth Rebel Soldier so you can improve your TB.

    The sheer quantity of gear required by the now 160+ toons in the game contrasted against the timing of meta shifts and the new character release cadence create an environment where newer players aren't permitted the option to be both competitive, and "catch up" on older content.

    The game is a grind yes, but without some kind of change, it's going from grind and you'll get there, to hell hath frozen over, and you still don't have a 7* Wicket.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    ObiShenobi wrote: »

    Are you talking about the assault battle? You also can use Jedi, which includes many important arena/raid characters. Plus, the reward for the top tier of the assault battle is 2 omegas; a f2p who is focusing generally isn't in an omega crunch, because they're not gearing fast enough to overcome the omega income. So missing out on the rewards won't put you behind.

    As far as your whole claim that gearing the vets for JTR somehow puts you behind on Revan, well that's just not a remotely reasonable proposition. The JTR event can be done with a VERY weak Vet Han, and a g8 (possibly even less) Vet Chewie. If getting a character to g8 somehow derails farming shards, you really need to better manage your resources.

    I was being vague intentionally, as there is always way to counter any single argument in isolation.

    To perhaps make my point in a slightly different way, let's focus on what it takes to remain competitive.
    Assume "competitive" means maintaining a position in the top 200 of the arena, and having some decent teams for TW and GA.

    In this case, you're going to need to farm your toons to g12. Farming a single toon to G12 instantly enforces a choice - farm the 50-150 pieces of gold gear you need for that toon to be g12, or farm shards for characters. Only in very rare circumstances do the toons you need shards for coincide with the nodes you are farming gear on. You will see some of that gear from raids, but not enough, and you may wait weeks before the raid drops the gear you actually need.

    So if all your energy is going to specific toons for gear, and what's left is farming those shards you need for Revan, what's left to focus on an Ewok, or a Veteran, or even Hoth Rebel Soldier so you can improve your TB.

    The sheer quantity of gear required by the now 160+ toons in the game contrasted against the timing of meta shifts and the new character release cadence create an environment where newer players aren't permitted the option to be both competitive, and "catch up" on older content.

    The game is a grind yes, but without some kind of change, it's going from grind and you'll get there, to hell hath frozen over, and you still don't have a 7* Wicket.

    In addition to raids we have the guild store, guild event store, and shard shop as sources for gear, as well as the crystal shop if you save up your earnings. Plenty of sources of gear besides farming it from nodes.
  • ObiShenobi wrote: »
    I was being vague intentionally, as there is always way to counter any single argument in isolation.

    To perhaps make my point in a slightly different way, let's focus on what it takes to remain competitive.
    Assume "competitive" means maintaining a position in the top 200 of the arena, and having some decent teams for TW and GA.

    In this case, you're going to need to farm your toons to g12. Farming a single toon to G12 instantly enforces a choice - farm the 50-150 pieces of gold gear you need for that toon to be g12, or farm shards for characters. Only in very rare circumstances do the toons you need shards for coincide with the nodes you are farming gear on. You will see some of that gear from raids, but not enough, and you may wait weeks before the raid drops the gear you actually need.

    So if all your energy is going to specific toons for gear, and what's left is farming those shards you need for Revan, what's left to focus on an Ewok, or a Veteran, or even Hoth Rebel Soldier so you can improve your TB.

    The sheer quantity of gear required by the now 160+ toons in the game contrasted against the timing of meta shifts and the new character release cadence create an environment where newer players aren't permitted the option to be both competitive, and "catch up" on older content.

    The game is a grind yes, but without some kind of change, it's going from grind and you'll get there, to hell hath frozen over, and you still don't have a 7* Wicket.

    First, being intentionally vague only serves to not get your point across. Second, you're creating a false dichotomy. Getting a character to g12 doesn't mean you have to choose between gear and shards. Gear can be acquired in a variety of ways -- guild store, guild event store, shard shop, crystal shipments, raid rewards, event rewards, guild event rewards -- that do not conflict with shard farming.
  • Liath wrote: »

    In addition to raids we have the guild store, guild event store, and shard shop as sources for gear, as well as the crystal shop if you save up your earnings. Plenty of sources of gear besides farming it from nodes.

    Guild Store - Farm Gear or farm shards for Ewoks, Stormtroopers for DSTB, Resistance for Rey
    Guild Event Store - Farm gear or farm Hoda, or Wampa
    Shard Shop - Sure.. once you're been playing long enough that you have 7*'s that are providing you any savings.
    Crystal shop - You mean you have more than the crystals you are using on energy refreshes for gear pieces or shards for legendary farming?

    Not to mention that newer players are not receiving boundless credits for each of these stores to begin with. If you are going to counter my argument, at least give me something other than another example of being forced to make a choice.

    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    ObiShenobi wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

    In addition to raids we have the guild store, guild event store, and shard shop as sources for gear, as well as the crystal shop if you save up your earnings. Plenty of sources of gear besides farming it from nodes.

    Guild Store - Farm Gear or farm shards for Ewoks, Stormtroopers for DSTB, Resistance for Rey
    Guild Event Store - Farm gear or farm Hoda, or Wampa
    Shard Shop - Sure.. once you're been playing long enough that you have 7*'s that are providing you any savings.
    Crystal shop - You mean you have more than the crystals you are using on energy refreshes for gear pieces or shards for legendary farming?

    Not to mention that newer players are not receiving boundless credits for each of these stores to begin with. If you are going to counter my argument, at least give me something other than another example of being forced to make a choice.

    Why would I give you another argument than being forced to make a choice when being forced to make choices is the fundamental foundation of the game? Do you really expect to never have to make choices?

    The question being discussed is whether any of this results in “falling behind.” Everybody is facing the same choices, so having to make those choices doesn’t mean you are falling behind. The fact that you won’t “catch up” to people who have been playing for 3 years longer any time soon garners zero sympathy from me when you aren’t competing against those people in any meaningful way.
  • ObiShenobi wrote: »
    If you are going to counter my argument, at least give me something other than another example of being forced to make a choice.

    If you want progression without having to make any choices, you're playing the wrong game. Resource management -- i.e., making choices -- is how this game is played.
  • leef
    13182 posts Member
    Why is it a f2p vs p2p discussion all of a sudden? O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!

  • If you want progression without having to make any choices, you're playing the wrong game. Resource management -- i.e., making choices -- is how this game is played.

    Once again you've missed the point.
    leef wrote: »
    Why is it a f2p vs p2p discussion all of a sudden? O_o

    The conversation always seems to steer that way, in particular for newer players, because the gear system hasn't been reviewed since the game launched. When it did, with the low toon count, and lower gear tiers, newer players could see an end game at actually collecting them all. With the evolution of the game, all the new toons and gear tiers, the endgame now only looks possible for p2p players.

    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • ObiShenobi wrote: »

    If you want progression without having to make any choices, you're playing the wrong game. Resource management -- i.e., making choices -- is how this game is played.

    Once again you've missed the point.

    Was this another intentionally vague point? Or is your point that players shouldn't have to make choices about "older" characters, and should be able to just farm and gear them without needing any resources required for newer characters, be it energy or gear?

  • Was this another intentionally vague point? Or is your point that players shouldn't have to make choices about "older" characters, and should be able to just farm and gear them without needing any resources required for newer characters, be it energy or gear?

    More a statement that you countered my counter in isolation, rather than as part of the larger conversation. The point is that the game has evolved to a stage where keeping up with what is current and remaining competitive prevents any ability to make visible progress on older content.
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • leef
    13182 posts Member
    ObiShenobi wrote: »
    The conversation always seems to steer that way, in particular for newer players, because the gear system hasn't been reviewed since the game launched. When it did, with the low toon count, and lower gear tiers, newer players could see an end game at actually collecting them all. With the evolution of the game, all the new toons and gear tiers, the endgame now only looks possible for p2p players.

    I don't know man. One thing is for sure though, the newer f2p players progress a whole lot faster than i did back when i was a new player. As for collecting them all, after close to 3 years of playing i still haven't gotten urrorororor from a bronzium ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno wrote: »

    They have also made the grind better over time...

    Sorry, but when it comes to Mods they made only worse. The amount of white mods dropping is ridiculous, not to mention the stupid white mods on the Mod Store, who here spend million credits buying white mods? That insults our intelligence. White mods should totally be removed from the Mod Store.

  • leef
    13182 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

    They have also made the grind better over time...

    Sorry, but when it comes to Mods they made only worse. The amount of white mods dropping is ridiculous, not to mention the stupid white mods on the Mod Store, who here spend million credits buying white mods? That insults our intelligence. White mods should totally be removed from the Mod Store.

    Yea, lets go back to having to farm mods with cantina energy without the 100% droprate...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I don't know how many shards I had Cad Bane at in december but I just finish him and boba Fett to 7*. Was ez

  • [/quote]

    I don't know man. One thing is for sure though, the newer f2p players progress a whole lot faster than i did back when i was a new player. As for collecting them all, after close to 3 years of playing i still haven't gotten urrorororor from a bronzium ;)[/quote]

    I have him, level 2 and 162/85 shards, all from Bronzium, lol.

    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm.
  • I have asked around and not sure if any of you have noticed but these terrible Drop rates are killing me. Today so far 0/6 Mission, 1/8 Wicket, 1/8 Sith Fighter, 0 Jango, 1 Hounds Tooth/6. This is criminal if I was paying I'd want my money back. As soon as they announced Revan's return the drop rates went down from roughly 1/3 to 1/8. You can't prove anything but I think they did it on purpose to try to get more spending for people close to finishing off there Old Republic toons for Revan. If this was real world and a company was caught controlling supply to increase profits they would be investigated. the funny thing is they are doing the opposite for me. If I was closer I was going to spend $$ to finish off Mission as I am 67 shards away. But with the drop rate so bad buying her pack will not help me finish her in time so I am stuck grinding and only getting 1 a day for the next 2 months so when Revan returns in 3 months I will be ready.
Sign In or Register to comment.