Jango Zeta?

I'm about to spend my second all-time zeta on Jango's Notorious Reputation skill. Enemies defeated on his turn can't be revived. I've been looking forward to actually having to ability mats to put this zeta on - not so much zeta mats but Im always short on mk3 and omegas lol. Although buying his zeta is going to use up 20 of my available 25 zetas. Since I'm FTP - well, more or less - this is going to be my last zeta for the immediate future probably...

So I want this zeta because I've found that, for instance, Boba's execute ability has been my main defense against revive-teams (NS, tusken, ewok etc).
So my first zeta was bobs fett's. I've been using bh as my general purpose breadwinner squad and look to keep doing so for the near to mid future. Now; I am already aware that this is not an acceptable long term plan for scoring 1s in squad arena etc I'm well aware that Revan Jedi or FO are the reigning champs in the current metagame. However, my heaviest hitting unit has been Bas-Jedi Base, running thusly:
Bastilla (L)
GMYoda
Luminara (working on getting Old Ben toughened up to take this spot)
And I've been using Bobs, Jango combo to round it out as the heavy hitters.
Especially with Yoda's Bastilla mass-buff, the two fett's are brutal damage wise. Then toss in the fact that they both auto revive at least once and both replenish protection regularly since Boba's was my first zeta - same as everyone right?...

Is Jango's reputation zeta going to give me the highest payout running the aforementioned squad do you guys think? I'm ready to buy it now but having second thoughts lol of course!

Replies

• Options
    Thought I might add: my major ga offense 3 squads I've been using boba lead on the first, jango on the 2nd. So getting a lot of utility out of the fett's on that front as well...
  • Options
    What is your overall aim? Arena? Raids?
  • Options
    Prob SA / GA is more what I look to improve. I can hold my own on raids for the time being...
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Its unlikely in the upcoming year, given they just had a pass, that BHs will be competitive in Squad Arena, but they are useful on both Offence and Defence in GA (although you probably want Bossk lead tbh). It will also make obtaining chewy, if you haven't already, easier.

You could continue to use the team you mentioned above if it's working for you, but for longevity in squad arena you should look at other options imo.
  • Options
    GMY is a very hard hitter if modded correctly.
    If it is your 2nd zeta I would use it on a leader ability... It will affect 5 chars instead of one.

But you would need 5 jedi or 5 BH etc to make use of it properly.
  • Options
    Use that zeta on your Bastila instead. Her Tenacity w/ the protection up and auto taunt is very very helpful. And although it doesn't prevent revive-teams from reviving, it will make NS have an impossible time plaguing you. That works very well in all game modes.
  • Options
    So I want this zeta because I've found that, for instance, Boba's execute ability has been my main defense against revive-teams (NS, tusken, ewok etc).

Wait, since when do Tuskens revive?

THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options

If I recall correctly, Tusken Shaman does have a team revive ability. I could be wrong though, and I'm too lazy to pull up a skill list right now :p
  • Options
    Vendea wrote: »

If I recall correctly, Tusken Shaman does have a team revive ability. I could be wrong though, and I'm too lazy to pull up a skill list right now :p

He does not. His unique gives tuskens TM when another one is defeated. His other moves are attacks.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Now; I am already aware that this is not an acceptable long term plan for scoring 1s in squad arena etc I'm well aware that Revan Jedi or FO are the reigning champs in the current metagame.

You must be on a really weird shard if First Order is taking top places alongside Revan teams.

As for Jango, as you stated, he isn't going to be a viable long term arena choice, which is the only place where his unique zeta would really help you. The reigning teams there currently are Revan, Sith, Rebels, and Nightsisters. The unique might help you occasionally vs. Jedi or Nightsisters, but probably not enough to prevent them stomping you.

You'll get the most bang for your buck with early zetas by putting them on leadership abilities, so they boost up an entire team instead of just one character. You've got Bastila, and she is easily the best Jedi leader available after Revan, so that's a good one to go for. You already have GM Yoda and are working on Old Ben as well, so that's the start of a decent Jedi team. Lumi won't be useful long-term, but there are plenty of serviceable options to round out the team.

Alternatively, if you want to go for Revan and skip using Bastila as your lead altogether, for now you could put it on Yoda's Battle Meditation, as that is a pretty essential piece to a competitive Jedi team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Tuskens plus visas? Haha
  • Options
    Zeta jango will absolutely destroy ns, fo and palpatine lead teams. I used jango lead bh for awhile in arena and those above teams were simple targets even if they had much higher squad power. As for facing bastilla, revan or rebel teams you will get destroyed.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Dolbs35 wrote: »
    Zeta jango will absolutely destroy ns, fo and palpatine lead teams. I used jango lead bh for awhile in arena and those above teams were simple targets even if they had much higher squad power. As for facing bastilla, revan or rebel teams you will get destroyed.

...does FO stand for something other than First Order? And if not, how would Jango's zeta make any difference against them?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The team i used for awhile was jango lead, bobba fett, bossk, dengar and a fast nest. Nest would attack first dazing everyone and reducing tm, then jango would use his fire attack, bossk you use taunt, bobba used aoe ability block, bossk again with swarm stun attack, and finally dengar mini mines to finish off getting bh contract up before the other team has a chance to attack. Very easy for teams that dont have high tenacity like bastilla ect.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

...does FO stand for something other than First Order? And if not, how would Jango's zeta make any difference against them?

Jango lead with his zeta leadership allows bobba and jango to do massive damage from the start of the fight plus reduces teams potency. When i used jango lead bh/scoundrel team 100k+ power FO teams were extremely easy against my 90k power team. Jango lead is prerty great vs all teams minus revan, bastilla and cls rebel teams. Imo
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Jango lead with his zeta leadership allows bobba and jango to do massive damage from the start of the fight plus reduces teams potency. When i used jango lead bh/scoundrel team 100k+ power FO teams were extremely easy against my 90k power team. Jango lead is prerty great vs all teams minus revan, bastilla and cls rebel teams. Imo

Oh. Sure, but OP was asking about his unique, not his lead. Hence my confusion.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Oh. Sure, but OP was asking about his unique, not his lead. Hence my confusion.

Gotcha. Yea jangos unique basically just made ns a breeze and also helped at times with teams that use jolee. I was just trying to give my overall opinion of how jango with his zetas did for me in arena. Basically any team you can easily land debuffs jango lead bh should be able to win.
  • Options
    Use that zeta on your Bastila instead. Her Tenacity w/ the protection up and auto taunt is very very helpful. And although it doesn't prevent revive-teams from reviving, it will make NS have an impossible time plaguing you. That works very well in all game modes.

^ This. When Talzin hits my Jedi team twice with plague, it only sticks on 1-2 characters thanks to the +150% tenacity from Bastila's zeta. Stuns from Daka and Ventress also rarely stick. It may be more work to take out NS with a pure Jedi team, but you'll rarely lose a single character in the process. Kill Old Daka 3 times, kill or dispel zombie as necessary in between, and from there on it's a cakewalk. Especially with Old Ben's ability block and Ezra as a second dispeller / major damage dealer.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Jango lead zeta is amazing, unique is not worth doing.. Use Boba to finish things, cuz he doesn't need a zeta to execute. His is also super underwhelming.
  • TheTaskMaster12
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

You must be on a really weird shard if First Order is taking top places alongside Revan teams.

As for Jango, as you stated, he isn't going to be a viable long term arena choice, which is the only place where his unique zeta would really help you. The reigning teams there currently are Revan, Sith, Rebels, and Nightsisters. The unique might help you occasionally vs. Jedi or Nightsisters, but probably not enough to prevent them stomping you.

I'm gonna play devils advocate here, I run BH as my primary arena team and exclusively hunt down nightsisters where i can, since my shard is exclusively NS, Bastila, EP with a *couple* revan and traya teams.

zJango (unique) makes taking down any NS squad a breeze.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options

I'm gonna play devils advocate here, I run BH as my primary arena team and exclusively hunt down nightsisters where i can, since my shard is exclusively NS, Bastila, EP with a *couple* revan and traya teams.

zJango (unique) makes taking down any NS squad a breeze.

I agree with your assessment but it is a rather niche zeta and in the grand scheme of SWGOH it is more luxury than necessity.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    Jango lead zeta is amazing, unique is not worth doing.. Use Boba to finish things, cuz he doesn't need a zeta to execute. His is also super underwhelming.

Boba's zeta is potentially worth it just for TW shenanigans. Put a G12 zeta Boba in a backish territory and watch him devour all the C-teams getting thrown at him.

This also works with Kylo Ren.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Put it on Bastilla or Yoda if they're on your main arena team.
  • Options
    GMY is a very hard hitter if modded correctly.
    If it is your 2nd zeta I would use it on a leader ability... It will affect 5 chars instead of one.

But you would need 5 jedi or 5 BH etc to make use of it properly.

Yeah, zeta bastila if you haven't yet