Darth Revan/Darth Malak's Rumored Roll-Out

EAforce_Hesinthegame
35 posts Member
edited January 2019
Ok felllow nerf herders, I'm calling it now:
Either Darth Revan or Malak's release will follow JKR's upcoming event, and I'm tellin ya, the requirements will be: Carth, Canderous, Juhani, (D)Bast and wait for it... that's right: Jedi Knight Revan!!...

...STAY WITH ME...

A. As we've seen before, it wouldn't be the first time the devs have incorporated one event character(toon) into another toon's hero's journey event (at 6* shard requirement no-less for BB-8 just to start JTR's), for instance there's CLS who requires a 7* R2 from it's event to unlock CLS at a 330 shard min.

B. Been reading/hearing a lot of theories about possible sith toon requiremnts, or even HK-47 (assuming an OR tag rework) and even some saying there'll be other toons required that aren't even out yet for Darth Revan/Malak's event.... Nananahh! In fact, I believe we have all the 'toons' we need to 'build' this event!... (See what I did there?;). But srsly think about it:
they all carry the Old Republic(OR) tag!

C. ...is for Carth-Freakin-ONASI! Who happens to have an OR specific leader ability, as does JKR, so it's not as though the light and dark OR toons COULDN'T work together in a faction... Lord Vader knows: we made them in KOTOR!;)

D. ...is for Drops!... of the shard type (ok I swear, I'm done lol). But the new top crystal drops ARE very light and dark OR toon frequent (not to mention both light AND dark OR node reworks). And if I've noticed any trend in GOH it's that this is usually an indicator of upcoming event relevancy.

E. ...is for EVEN-more than ANYONE that you adorghjdblaahhh!! stop me!... Reset --_--

FINALLY, and in summary: to incorporate both light and dark side OR toons, as well as the same opposite side toon (JKR), for a hypothetical event the likes of Darth Revan's kind of perfectly represents his fall to the dark side. It also perfectly adapts, translates and encompasses the game's battle experience from KOTOR over to GOH...

So if this IS to be: then, touché dev team... Cuz if ya don't know, now ya know!;)

Otherwise... way she goes, bubbs.

*For farming purposes, obviously finish-off and fortify your JKR event OR toon squad, but hey, if you're pretty set: maybe think about farming both the light AND dark side toons from that second OR release. Might make the difference.*

Thoughts?

Replies

• Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm betting it would be Darth Revan.
    1. First of all, there's "Savior, hero" achievment. Also, these two words of a quote were kinda highlighted in teaser. "Conqueror, villain" left to go.)
    2. Then, Darth Malak isn't as popular as Darth Revan. You care for him if you've played KoTOR. Or, at lease, if you've read the the certain comic books. A lot of those who weren't, don't even know the name. As of Darth Revan, you may not even know that there's a PC game, and still know this name.
    3. Then, we all think that this new upcoming legendary will be JKR counter. Why would it be Darth Malak if JKR were the counter for him in canon?
    4. Then, this new OR toons aren't really related with Darth Malak. Yes, he was the first thing to be called a "Meatbag" by HK-47, and DS Bastila were Darth Malak's apprentice, but what about Carth Onasi, Canderous Ordo and Juhani? No solid connection at all.
    5. After all - Carth Onasi + Canderous Ordo + HK-47 + DS Bastila + Juhani would make a weird team unless they will be led by Darth Revan.
    Post edited by Revan_Presence on
  • This was called weeks ago if Revan came before the rumoured sith character in February.
  • TekkarEdorf
    670 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm betting it would be Darth Revan.
    1. First of all, there's "Savior, hero" achievment. Also, these two words of a quote were kinda highlighted in teaser. "Conqueror, villain" left to go.)
    2. Then, Darth Malak isn't as popular as Darth Revan. You care for him if you've played KoTOR. Or, at lease, if you've read the the certain comic books. A lot of those who weren't, don't even know the name. As of Darth Revan, you may not even know that there's a PC game, and still know this name.
    3. Then, we all think that this new upcoming legendary will be JKR counter. Why would it be Darth Malak if JKR were the counter for him in canon?
    4. Then, this new OR toons aren't really related with Darth Malak. Yes, he was the first thing to be called a "Meatbag" by HK-47, and DS Bastila were Darth Malak's apprentice, but what about Carth Onasi, Canderous Ordo and Juhani? No solid connection at all.
    5. After all - Carth Onasi + Canderous Ordo + HK-47 + DS Bastila + Juhani would make a weird team unless they will be led by Darth Revan.

That team you mentioned would work really well if HK gets a OR tag. Carth lead is really fun for OR
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope, it will be the first legendary event with only darth side characters : Darth sion, Darth nihilus, bastilla fallen, canderous and HK47
  • Jenjhys wrote: »
    I hope, it will be the first legendary event with only darth side characters : Darth sion, Darth nihilus, bastilla fallen, canderous and HK47 (or Visas)

Visas isn't DS in-game
  • yes it's
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    I hope, it will be the first legendary event with only darth side characters : Darth sion, Darth nihilus, bastilla fallen, canderous and HK47 (or Visas)

Visas isn't DS in-game
    You are right, thanks
  • Visas is from the sequel and shouldn't be involved
  • I agree with the op that his scenario is likely. Probably almost certain that dark bastie, carth, Juhani, and Canderous will be needed. They could req Revan or HK47 either one as a 5th.

I'm good with it either way. I'm working hard on the other 4 but I've been ready for Revan since Nov so a little gear on him is nothing. I've been stockpiling to either gear revan or the new toon so I'll be ready. And my dark bastie is already g11 so it she should help make the event easier.

I think the hear req will be less with revan just from the bonuses he gives or making the event easier. So I'm completely ok with him being req.
  • Eaxactly. My main point was to layout the evidence for the 5 required characters for either of these events so you guys can get a head start on, say: Juhani and Carth, cuz they've been in crystal drops, and really hadn't seen any theory before mine incorporating JKR, Carth and Juhani as reqs for one of the coming DSOR events. Honestly, my original post only theorized Revan, I quickly edited it to fit Malak (so HK for 5th stead of JKR) because I knew if I didn't some real scruffy lookin one would say: awwnah what about Malak? Lol
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    ALee wrote: »
    Visas is from the sequel and shouldn't be involved

Aren’t Sion and Nihilus also from the sequel?
  • Liath wrote: »
    ALee wrote: »
    Visas is from the sequel and shouldn't be involved

Aren’t Sion and Nihilus also from the sequel?

yes they are. They are the Sith Lords in KOTOR2, not KOTOR.

• Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG/EA messed this Revan journey up from the beginning. He's a Jedi who falls to the dark side, becomes Darth Revan with Darth Malak as his apprentice. Then loses his mind and is saved by Bastila. Back to Jedi Revan. Then Bastila gets corrupted by Darth Malak and becomes his apprentice. Then Revan saves her and defeats Malak.

The way they rolled this all out is all jumbled up and backwards of sorts.

What the SHOULD have done is release Darth Malak as the 5th marquee a few months ago after Juhani and Carth were released. Then we could have had Darth Malak with his apprentice BADstila. (she has a unique SITH APPRENTICE). Or make him a Legendary (though if Sion and Nihilus were not legendary he for sure isn't)

Then we use the new KOTOR characters plus Malak (if legendary) to unlock Darth Revan. While still all jumbled up at least it sort of makes sense. What they've done from the beginning makes no sense at all.

I think the only way they can sorta salvage the lore of it all is if it's Darth Malak coming this month instead of Darth Revan, and then Darth Revan in July-ish.

But that doesn't make as much money so....
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I'm thinking the darth revan will be the revan at the end of kotor if you go ds.

That makes dark bastilla make more sense since she joins him if you go ds and kill malak.
  • Hey I hear ya, Roken! It's always best when toon roll-outs make sense with the game/movie plots, especially a character with a volatile storyline such as Revan's.. #GGOATOR
  • I think we will get Darth Malak first as a Marquee Plus event (like Jango Fett) and then a Darth Revan Ancient Journey event
  • I agree, I think it would make sense to release Darth Malak before they release Darth Revan. However if EA can only think of making as much $$ as possible then they will probably release Darth Revan first.
    I hope they don’t release Darth Revan before Malak because I’ve just got myself the jedi Knight revan and want to enjoy him rather than having to go for another revan character.
    So I’m hoping they will release malak :)