FTP Contemplating Paying for Revan

FREEDOMfrom
474 posts Member
edited January 2019
I've been FTP this whole time on this game. But I am currently considering doing a 1 time spend to get Revan.

Currently my OR toons are:

zBastila 7*

Jolee need 99 shards

Zaalbar need 63 shards

T3 need 185 shards

Mission need 134.

Does anyone know how much I would have to spend? Would it just be refreshes? I assume a pack will be in the store soon. Is it possible I spend money and still not get all the shards? If it's too much I probably will just not do it.

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks
Post edited by FREEDOMfrom on

Replies

• Cost MobileGamer around $400. you are further along than he was so I'd definitely anticipate it being a bit less. Your issue after that (besides zetas and gear) is your mods. Once you get into the top ranks you will still be behind others with better mods. Finally, don't discount meta changes.
  • yaklan42 wrote: »
    Cost MobileGamer around $400. you are further along than he was so I'd definitely anticipate it being a bit less. Your issue after that (besides zetas and gear) is your mods. Once you get into the top ranks you will still be behind others with better mods. Finally, don't discount meta changes.

Yeah I know darth revan will be coming soon but I haven't put anything into those OR toons at all yet. And I'm not concerned about my mods right now, just getting Revan. I can move plenty of mods around to beef up the potential arena team.
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Using this as a baseline: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9njuex/is_699_crystals_for_faction_pack_old_republic/

Since you still need four of the characters, you should look at buying those packs. I did a little math for you and using the info in that article, you would buy the faction packs until you finished one character (after that, the math starts changing in favor of other methods).

So, assuming an average yield of 11 usable shards per pack (from that article), you would buy about 24 packs at 700 crystals per to bring your farthest character to 7* (Zaalbar and his 63 remaining shards). Once you've hit the second seven star character you'll be getting twice as many shards you don't need (compared to just Bastila) and the effective cost goes up.

Assuming an even distribution, this leaves you with needing 33 Jolee shards (more than enough to get done during the event window), 119 for T3, and 68 for Mission. Let's just assume you finish off Jolee with standard energy. Spend 2000 crystals on the 25 shard packs in the crystal shop and you're down to 94 T3 shards and 43 Mission shards left. If you haven't bought the packs already, they're probably a really good value at $10 each, which brings you to 64 T and 13 M, which should get you where you need to be depending on how many refreshes you're doing.

Total Spend:

Crystals: 24 packs * 700 per pack + 4000 for shards = 22,8 crystals
    Packs: US$20 for character packs

So, you're probably looking at around US$170 in total depending on how things go.

Edit: Baked in the presence of Bastila in the number of pack buys when it's already included in the shard yield estimate - so actual crystal spend on packs is 4200 lower than original), lowering the total cost by the price of 6k bought crystals.
  • Thanks for that feedback. I don't see the character packs yet, but i'd assume they show up soon. And that makes sense once I get two chars to 7* to forgo the packs and farm/refresh/shipment the rest.
  • I've been FTP this whole time on this game. But I am currently considering doing a 1 time spend to get Revan.

Currently my OR toons are:

zBastila 7*

Jolee need 99 shards

Zaalbar need 63 shards

T3 need 185 shards

Mission need 134.

Does anyone know how much I would have to spend? Would it just be refreshes? I assume a pack will be in the store soon. Is it possible I spend money and still not get all the shards? If it's too much I probably will just not do it.

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks

If you buy the shards from shipments you need 38,480 crystals. But you may need more or less than that. You may need more to refresh the store to get enough shards in time. Maybe less because you can still farm some or use energy refreshes for some. They are cheaper but rng dependent.

Also faction packs for crystals are cheaper but rng dependent.

But that's abot $250 in crystals.

I would pass if I were you. There will likely be another new op toon within a few weeks of revan returning so he won't be as useful as he was if you bought him 3 months ago.
  • There are worse ways to spend $200 on this game. While the Revan META may end sometime soon, the team will still be quite good for a long time to come and is likely to get an additional bump back up to top echelon after the next META has a run.
  • Hmmm good feedback guys. Yeah if its gonna cost north of like $60, I'll probably pass haha. I'm a cheapskate.

Wish we know what the next toons required for a legendary will be (Darth Revan or Malak).
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hmmm good feedback guys. Yeah if its gonna cost north of like $60, I'll probably pass haha. I'm a cheapskate.

Wish we know what the next toons required for a legendary will be (Darth Revan or Malak).

Agree with most of what was said here. I definitely wouldn't be concerned with the next meta with darth revan or malak unless you're top 20 or maybe top 50 in arena. Even if you're not concerned with arena, Jedi Revan will help lots with heroic sith raid, grand arena, territory battles and territory wars. Plus, I'm a huge Kotor fan so getting Revan just makes me giddy lol.

Even though we don't know exact toons required for the next paywall character, I think Fallen Bastila and Canderous are a safe bet and you can get bastila from hard mode and canderous in cantina node. So if you're looking to start on that asap, I'd work on those two. They'll release the others needed soon enough. I'm thinking Carth, Juhani, and HK-47. Because he was released so early on and doesn't have old republic tag, people might overlook possibility HK-47 might be one of the characters needed. Of course, this is all speculation. I'm working on ewoks for C-3po next so focusing on that before these.
  • Yeah I still need to do Ewoks more too. And yeah Revan just seems like a real strong character, but looks like i'll have to be more patient then getting him tomorrow.