New 4x Fleet Pack and Retiring of the Fleet Mega Pack [MEGA]

Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited January 2019
CG_SBCrumb wrote:
Hi Holotable Heroes,

In an upcoming Update, we’re going to introduce the 4x Fleet Pack for 1895 crystals. This pack is very similar to the 1x Fleet Pack but will contain 4 cards, with each card containing between 10-100 blueprints.

We will continue selling the 1x Fleet Pack (499 crystals, also ships only) but we will be retiring the Fleet Mega Pack (the 2499 Crystal pack that contained both Ships and Pilots) at this time.

<<DEV POST>>

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    [Reserved]
  • Hmmmm possibly setting up to remove the ships dependancy on having the pilot geared? So we wont have to level, star, and gear a character that is useless outside of ships?
  • Prosser wrote: »
    Hmmmm possibly setting up to remove the ships dependancy on having the pilot geared? So we wont have to level, star, and gear a character that is useless outside of ships?

More likely they didn't sell well and they're hoping that decoupling them will make folks more likely to buy.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Prosser wrote: »
    Hmmmm possibly setting up to remove the ships dependancy on having the pilot geared? So we wont have to level, star, and gear a character that is useless outside of ships?

More likely they didn't sell well and they're hoping that decoupling them will make folks more likely to buy.

More likely yes, but I can always dream!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The only way that would go away is if they made some other grindy components for the ships to replace that development.
  • Yeah this is a good decision on there part. they were way too much crystals and I never bought any as I did not want the pilot shards because like most people I had pilots gear 7 before the ships. I just wish the cost of the ship packs were closer to character packs as I don't think the increase of price is quite worth it. Now if they really wanted to make money you have new character packs. So instead of 1330 for 4 characters you have it at say 1500 but you are guaranteed to not get characters older than say 6 months. i know these would sell a lot better as people stop buying pack when they know at least 1/2 the toons are old characters they don't need.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The only way that would go away is if they made some other grindy components for the ships to replace that development.

Eugh, mods for ships
  • Hantal86 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Eugh, mods for ships

Every ship can now have special modifications, not just the Falcon!
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ships are not fun. They need a raid. Just pick one of the Death Stars, and we’ll blow it up. (There’s always a way to do that.)
  • Prosser wrote: »

Tbh majority of the pilots are still generally usable. Two of the geos are decent in 3v3 GA under poggle. All the tie pilots are good. Wiggs is wiggs. SRP is a taunter and recommended for LSTB p6. The list goes on.
  • [quote=Tbh majority of the pilots are still generally usable. Two of the geos are decent in 3v3 GA under poggle. All the tie pilots are good. Wiggs is wiggs. SRP is a taunter and recommended for LSTB p6. The list goes on.

That makes total game sense. If they put everything good into a few packages, it becomes very easy to decide where to invest your time. Vet Han and Chewy going into JTR is another great example, although it seems in recent legend chases, they've upped the utility of the base characters so that it's not completely idle labor at the end of the day.

• Alternatively, they introduce ships like the new falcon that require elite toons, e.g. a ship piloted by the Dark Triumvirate, Revan's ship, Commander Luke's ship that uses R2D2 and C3PO, and a version of the falcon piloted by Jedi Rey and BB-8.