Chances we get a Road Ahead today

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Paarngfig wrote: »
    Kyno , you’re still Good Boy... yes, you Are!

And one day you will grow up to be a real boy. Dont worry.
  • Paarngfig
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @kyno, wow! Good thing you’re a moderator or else that would be cause for removing? No worries though you got that covered! Keep it coming, 😂 let’s see who’s post gets removed first???
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready! As Kyno mentioned, this week is looking like a strong possibility but no promises. Cross your fingers and toes despite what Obi Wan says.

Didn’t get JKR on the first go, but he’s coming back on 1/31. So, we cool for a while, bro.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready! As Kyno mentioned, this week is looking like a strong possibility but no promises. Cross your fingers and toes despite what Obi Wan says
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

Any chance you guys are starting on the next one to avoid being late.

At this point i dont care about whats in this one, i only care that its on time based on the cadence you guys set.

Is April's going to come in early April or can we expect it in May?

Is July's going to come in early July or August?

Is October's going to be in early October or middle November again?

Will we start getting the calendars before the new month starts?

Will you guys communicate in a timely manor, which you promised us you would... or do we just accept that communication is not a priority now?

To paraphrase a quote from the movie...
    Try not Crumb, do or do not.
    Just tell us if you will or you will not meet the cadence you set and then do that.
    yb8r32s7s80g.jpg
    In CG's defense, this road ahead was going to be late from the start due to the holidays. They said they plan on releasing it on Jan before the holidays and update us if they can't, which Crumb did with a bunch of other information like zFinn fix is being delayed since there were some issues the same week they came back from the holidays.

They've been pretty clear and open with the status of the Road Ahead. I know some people like to imagine CG staff are robots and shouldn't be given holidays during the hoilday season because they make millions, but these robots have families too
  • Ultra wrote: »
    We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready! As Kyno mentioned, this week is looking like a strong possibility but no promises. Cross your fingers and toes despite what Obi Wan says
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

At this point i dont care about whats in this one, i only care that its on time based on the cadence you guys set.

Will you guys communicate in a timely manor, which you promised us you would... or do we just accept that communication is not a priority now?

Just tell us if you will or you will not meet the cadence you set and then do that.
    yb8r32s7s80g.jpg
    In CG's defense, this road ahead was going to be late from the start due to the holidays. They said they plan on releasing it on Jan before the holidays and update us if they can't, which Crumb did with a bunch of other information like zFinn fix is being delayed since there were some issues the same week they came back from the holidays.

They've been pretty clear and open with the status of the Road Ahead. I know some people like to imagine CG staff are robots and shouldn't be given holidays during the hoilday season because they make millions, but these robots have families too

Yeah, lots of holidays in january holding them back. Smh, its ok cg dude , plenty of ppl wont care , no need to come on here with this absurd post about holidays from a month ago.
    Its been over a month since the holidays , no excuse for it to be this late unless its intentional. Which will be obvious once its released after the Revan event starts.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We are working to get the Road Ahead up as soon as it's ready! As Kyno mentioned, this week is looking like a strong possibility but no promises. Cross your fingers and toes despite what Obi Wan says.

Didn’t get JKR on the first go, but he’s coming back on 1/31. So, we cool for a while, bro.

That is exactly how I feel about the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

Yeah, lots of holidays in january holding them back. Smh, its ok cg dude , plenty of ppl wont care , no need to come on here with this absurd post about holidays from a month ago.
    Its been over a month since the holidays , no excuse for it to be this late unless its intentional. Which will be obvious once its released after the Revan event starts.

The return of an event has never been on the Road Ahead, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

The return of an event has never been on the Road Ahead, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

We shall see, if it comes out after the 31st with the newest flavor of the month, then waiting till after the Revan event is exactly as planned. But im sure thats not it. Its just they are still working on whats coming out in the next 2 months , since they certainly didnt have anything planned 2 years out and all lol.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

Again, holidays dont sneak up on you in a corporation.... mine released our holiday schedule for 2019 last october officially... but we all knew what Christmas holiday would look like well before that.

When you have an extremely late community deliverable you dont follow it up with a we are going to be late again because holidays.

And if you do... you dont give up a whole month of your next 3 months deliverable.

Thats extremely poor planning.

Also, its a straw man argument to suggest any of us are saying they cant take the holiday off. No one has said they should come in and work christmas to get the road ahead out.

No, weve only said they know january 1st is coming. They knew the community would ask for it within the first week of the new year. They knew they were late last time. They knew saying it would be late was going to be bad.

They should have worked on it and had it done before the holidays and in no scenario should they ever be 4 weeks late.

In 2 days they will be a month late instead of 29 days... read as almost a month late to the point of it not mattering if its out before feb 1st aka $1.99 is under $2 but does that penny really matter.....

Holidays are pretty standard throughout a year, they dont simply sneak up on you. Plan for them. If you have a deliverable due during or after them... finish it early. If you have to post it late.... dont let it be this late.
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Crumb was on Ahnoldt/CubsFan’s stream and teased a new puzzle... “The bees have left the hive and the handkerchief is blue.” Sounds like we’ll be getting a new puzzle soon. Perhaps Friday?!
    Post edited by JediKnight_MarkRyan on
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I dont want road ahead just means next doom farm already feel like
    mtcunpca0ovj.jpeg
  • Puzzle Wars: Galaxy of Schmucks
    Ooba hutar.
  • From a PR perspective just adjust the road ahead and schedule it in the middle of the quarter or end of the quarter so it’s not late... and you could potentially surprise us and release it early by doing this.

A road ahead is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when CG means to.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

Come on. It has been said multiple times here - they want us to invest in Revan before they start hyping up the next shiny thing. Spent resources = more purchases. Your arguments for defending CG are mostly reasonable but this pretend ignorance is just insulting.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

We shall see, if it comes out after the 31st with the newest flavor of the month, then waiting till after the Revan event is exactly as planned. But im sure thats not it. Its just they are still working on whats coming out in the next 2 months , since they certainly didnt have anything planned 2 years out and all lol.

People need to stop with this two months/two years business. There is a huge difference between having a general plan for what you intend to accomplish in the next few years, and having a specific plan in place that you are ready to announce for what you will definitely be able to release in the next few months. Having A in no way guarantees that you have B, and not being ready to release B for public consumption is not evidence that you don’t actually have A.

If I have a 5 year plan for my life, it’s going to be broad strokes. It doesn’t mean I can tell you exactly what I’m going to be doing in 3 months.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

People need to stop with this two months/two years business. There is a huge difference between having a general plan for what you intend to accomplish in the next few years, and having a specific plan in place that you are ready to announce for what you will definitely be able to release in the next few months. Having A in no way guarantees that you have B, and not being ready to release B for public consumption is not evidence that you don’t actually have A.

If I have a 5 year plan for my life, it’s going to be broad strokes. It doesn’t mean I can tell you exactly what I’m going to be doing in 3 months.

This... you have to accept that
    6c43i9gcy6nd.jpeg

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

Add the scenario to it. If you cant do that why would you tell everyone that every 3 months you would tell what the next 3 looked like.

And wouldnt you admit you couldnt do that and change your release of said information with those eagerly awaiting an update on your next 3 months.

You gave your word, the least you could do after missing it by a month is admit you cant keep up and set a new schedule.

Now add to it that you have a rep with your followers for lack of communication thats getting worse as each late thing happens.

Do you think you should fix it or would you still believe its unreasonable to expect what you promised until you changed your promise?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

Add the scenario to it. If you cant do that why would you tell everyone that every 3 months you would tell what the next 3 looked like.

And wouldnt you admit you couldnt do that and change your release of said information with those eagerly awaiting an update on your next 3 months.

You gave your word, the least you could do after missing it by a month is admit you cant keep up and set a new schedule.

I’m not arguing about whether it’s ok for the Road Ahead to be late or not. I’m only arguing with the nonsense people keep spouting that the Road Ahead being late means they are lying when they say they have a 3-year plan.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

I’m not arguing about whether it’s ok for the Road Ahead to be late or not. I’m only arguing with the nonsense people keep spouting that the Road Ahead being late means they are lying when they say they have a 3-year plan.

Now that i can agree with. Wanting to release darth revan and episode 9 characters has to be on the list but yeah december release dates likely arent locked down.....

But i bet christmas is lol.... so i still expect january road ahead to be in the first week back from holiday
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    bmrh2ytlux30.gif

yb8r32s7s80g.jpg

Now that i can agree with. Wanting to release darth revan and episode 9 characters has to be on the list but yeah december release dates likely arent locked down.....

But i bet christmas is lol.... so i still expect january road ahead to be in the first week back from holiday

Keep in mind that posting the road ahead isn't that simple, it has to go through rounds of approval and so on, so the first week after holidays is unrealistic. That said, a month later does seem a bit too much...
  • looks like xmas holidays are the reason why road ahead is late. but did the holidays come as a surprise?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    What amazes me is peoples inability to read between the lines. If they had something to tell us they would tell us. Since they havent told us anything that means they either dont have anything to tell us are they cant tell us anything. Hence the silence.

They broke the cadence they said they would follow, I understand why that might upset you, but this is second time they did. The cadence they set cant be followed for some reason. The fact that it has happened twice means there is no cadence anymore. Time to get past it. We have all said we would do things and then didnt follow through, we have all done things we said we would never do. No big deal, either enjoy the game or don't. That's up to you.
  • Think of it this way. Why should they tell us what is coming in the future? All that does is make us happy and gives us a better idea of who to farm or gear up ahead of time. that does not do them any good as it reduces the chances of someone spending money to get what they need in that last minute. Plus if they tell us and something gets pushed back do to a coding issue or something like that then the community screams at them calling them liars. So I do not blame them one bit for no road aheads.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Monel wrote: »
    What amazes me is peoples inability to read between the lines. If they had something to tell us they would tell us. Since they havent told us anything that means they either dont have anything to tell us are they cant tell us anything. Hence the silence.

Methodically releasing info is a far cry from they don't have information and the only "can't" would be upper management witholding that info until the Revan event comes out and after people pour resources into him.

The road ahead likely isn't delayed for reasons because they have to get the approval on the information they are releasing, I have no doubt in my mind that everything is written, planned and approved. They are just waiting for the time that they were approved to publicly post that information.

• my projection is that this quarters Road ahead will be released 2/3rds of the way through the quarter...whats the use of a road ahead for the quarter if its late like the last one?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Methodically releasing info is a far cry from they don't have information and the only "can't" would be upper management witholding that info until the Revan event comes out and after people pour resources into him.

The road ahead likely isn't delayed for reasons because they have to get the approval on the information they are releasing, I have no doubt in my mind that everything is written, planned and approved. They are just waiting for the time that they were approved to publicly post that information.

Right, so if they are waiting until its approved that means they currently cant.
  • Monel wrote: »

Right, so if they are waiting until its approved that means they currently cant.

I get that, I said that to be true... But it's all very meticulous and schemy, there are no ifs and or buts about the content itself waiting approval, just the timing.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Think of it this way. Why should they tell us what is coming in the future? All that does is make us happy and gives us a better idea of who to farm or gear up ahead of time. that does not do them any good as it reduces the chances of someone spending money to get what they need in that last minute. Plus if they tell us and something gets pushed back do to a coding issue or something like that then the community screams at them calling them liars. So I do not blame them one bit for no road aheads.

Because feeding the peasants keeps them happy. Happy peasants are less likely to revolt. Play Lords of the Realm 2 and see what happens when the peasants are not fed.

Also Big trouble in little China not getting any love ITT
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I get that, I said that to be true... But it's all very meticulous and schemy, there are no ifs and or buts about the content itself waiting approval, just the timing.

Ok, so we are agreeing! Good day sir or ma'am!
This discussion has been closed.