Phoenix team needs to be fixed.

2Next

Replies

• Executioner, Kylo, and KRU are Cantina farms. Not really worth buying in stores.
  • It’s not RNG that you’re seeing Phoenix a lot. It’s the simple fact that at lower levels Phoenix is really popular for Arena, so naturally you run into them a lot more. I wish I had someone in my shard that runs Phoenix, just so it’d be an easy win :(
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Executioner, Kylo, and KRU are Cantina farms. Not really worth buying in stores.
    I don't think I've ever seen Executioner in a store.

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Shipments only I think. Or a chromium if you're still doing those. The benefit to farming the Kylo's and Executioner is you get FOO to 7* at the same time.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Shipments only I think. Or a chromium if you're still doing those. The benefit to farming the Kylo's and Executioner is you get FOO to 7* at the same time.
    oh, ok. That makes sense. I don't look at the crystal shipments very often, and I never buy a chromium, so I probably would never have noticed.

Right now I'm in the middle of my KRU farm, and yeah my FOO is at 99/100 shards. Stupid one shard. :D
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    When I meet them in squad arena and have 5,000 power over them and I can’t dent them, the team is just annoying. Seriously, you gave that team too much. It’s easy to see, everyone has them in arena. I’ll never spend money on this game when all you can do is buy the exact same team to compete. It’s a good game but I get days when I’m tired of having to face 1,000,000,000 Phoenix teams over and over and over in Galactic War and Squad Arena. Tone them down.

I understand where you coming from but it’s a common and easy team to farm. It’s not going away any time soon. As your teams Develop you will start to see less and less of them as they don’t have real Arena Viability. Just give it a little more time you won’t see them. In my Arena I literally seen one Phoenix team for the entire week. Now it’s mostly Night sisters and Various Rebel Teams, First Order, Resistance etc.

Easy to farm??? Tell that to my Stungun supply....

I think you are misundestanding Farm for Gearing up.

They are early accessible in all areas. Squad Arena, Cantina Battles.. etc.

Oops, you're totally right. My bad
  • I'm new to the game, six weeks in and GP 200k, but was advised to focus on Phoenix early. I guess everyone else got he same advice because most of the 200-500 level teams are Phoenix squads. Part of the fun of the game for me has been figuring out how the AI plays, in order to gain advantage. I can almost always beat a Phoenix team in arena if their power is only a little higher than mine if I can stay on the attack. RNG of landing debuffs becomes the decider. Taking out Chopper first seems easier at my stage of the game - I don't have to dispel Kanan's taunt very often and can focus on hitting the droid.
    Any other newbies have an opinion on strategy to beat this team with a relatively limited collection of toons?
  • Basically, anyone who reads the forums or reddit or watches SWGOH content on Youtube is going to start with Phoenix, because they're the best (free) starting team. Mirror matches are annoying because Phoenix teams have lots of survivability but not a ton of damage output in the early game. You'll probably see a lot of time outs. I would take out Hera first to prevent revive and reduce turn meter gain, then Chopper to prevent health & protection recovery, then Ezra to reduce damage, and then pound away at Kanan and Zeb until they go down. It does get much easier to take them out when you get other synergized teams, but maxed out gear 12 Phoenix teams with full zetas are dangerous for many teams and should not be underestimated.