We need more capital ships

Prev1
Title says it all. We have so many ships, and only 4 capital ships with 7 slots each to use them. I really hope GG and Malevolence get added soon or any other capital ship because to have a full fleet left over when TW is said and done is very disappointing.

Replies

• Hopefully coupled with more sources of cap ship ability mats
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    We have so many ships,

We don't have enough ordinary ships. What we need is a capital ship for each era's factions (Rebel, Separatists, FO, etc.) and a bunch of generic ships to go with them.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    We need more ships in general. More capitals and the option to field a reasonable fleet under each of them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    We need more ships in general. More capitals and the option to field a reasonable fleet under each of them.

This. We just got to a point where each capital ship can be made viable, but not to the point where you can really field 4 teams, just by then numbers but also by viable synergy.

• Ships needs a complete overhaul. It's boring.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Since a list always appears, I guess I will do the honors. Ships that could be in the game, but that are not.

Rebels: Profundity + Raddus (Capital), Lusankya +New Republic General Antilles (Capital), A-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing, E-Wing, K-Wing, Shadow X-Wing, T-Wing

Empire: Executor + Admiral Piett (Capital), Tie Bomber, Tie Interceptor, Tie Advanced/Avenger, Tie Defender, Assault Gunboat, Missile Gunboat, Tie Phantom, Tie Striker

Separatist: Luckrehulk Battleship + Nute (Capital), General Grevious + Invisible Hand/Malevolence, Droid Starfighter, Hyena Bomber, Vulture Droid, Tri-Fighter, Grevious Fighter, Asajj's Fighter

Galactic Republic: Negotiator with General Kenobi (Capital), Revamp Plo Koon, V-19 Torrent, Republic Y-Wing, Z-95, Yoda's starfighter, Kit Fisto's starfighter

Resistance: The Raddus + Resistance Ackbar/Leia, Resistance A-Wing, Starfortress Bomber

First Order: Finalizer + General Hux

Smuggler/Scoundrel/BH: Errant Venture + Booster Terik (Capital), Hondo's Saucer + Hondo (Capital), Punishing One, Skipray Blastboat, T-Wing, Preybird

Old Republic Era: Endar Spire/Sojourner + Carth (Capital), Leviathan + Admiral Saul (Capital), Ravager + Nihilus (Capital), Ebon Hawk, OR Starfighter

Misc: Naboo N-1
  • Also add in Lukes X-wing, General Kenobi's Starfighter, Bossk ship, a version of Jango's ship, etc. Theres so many options to add more ships. Plus what someone said earlier, just generic ships for each faction would go a long way.
  • People have been saying this since ships launched. Since then, we’ve gotten chimaera and thrawn, but that’s it. All we’ve gotten is ships 2.0 to distract us while they hold off giving us new capital ships for another year. If the leaks are true and grievous is getting reworked next month, we might finally get our wish.
  • I'll take any and all, I don't care if they are not OP, just flood the game so that there's variety.

Or just make a decent Ships Raid, where ALL the new ships shards are the random prizes. Every Guild will have their own pace, and it wouldn't even be called farming as you can't aim for specific ship(s).
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Alpha901 wrote: »
    Also add in Lukes X-wing, General Kenobi's Starfighter, Bossk ship, a version of Jango's ship, etc. Theres so many options to add more ships. Plus what someone said earlier, just generic ships for each faction would go a long way.

Bossk ship?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Alpha901 wrote: »
    Also add in Lukes X-wing, General Kenobi's Starfighter, Bossk ship, a version of Jango's ship, etc. Theres so many options to add more ships. Plus what someone said earlier, just generic ships for each faction would go a long way.

Bossk ship?
    Yeah, all he has now is an invincible flying sardine can. He needs a proper ship. ;)
  • Kyno wrote: »

This. We just got to a point where each capital ship can be made viable, but not to the point where you can really field 4 teams, just by then numbers but also by viable synergy.

Speaks to a bigger problem then.
    I think that it would be best to take the focus off of toons for now and add some capital ships and those that share their synergy. It’ll give a break from the constant panic farming in my opinion.
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    Ships needs a complete overhaul. It's boring.

I know, but I get crystals from it
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Lucky for you, GG is getting a rework along with new droids, so I’d expect some Separatist ships soon

From a numbers perspective there are an excess number of ships. So are you claiming that some are not good enough? Ships are actually extremely balanced, at least outside of the ****. So maybe all can’t compete in arena, but they all can compete in TW/GA. Which ships do you think aren’t worthwhile? I bet I could easily name 6 separate teams that can compete in high level TWs.

From a numbers perspective there are an excess number of ships. So are you claiming that some are not good enough? Ships are actually extremely balanced, at least outside of the ****. So maybe all can’t compete in arena, but they all can compete in TW/GA. Which ships do you think aren’t worthwhile? I bet I could easily name 6 separate teams that can compete in high level TWs.

You think you could put together 4 different teams to take down a maxed Hounds (& a standard attacker & support) without using a hounds tooth in your fleet?

Or really, how many different ship combinations can take down a hounds tooth without using it itself. To be fair I think GP should be equal or attack it with less.thatd be fun to see.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

You think you could put together 4 different teams to take down a maxed Hounds (& a standard attacker & support) without using a hounds tooth in your fleet?

Or really, how many different ship combinations can take down a hounds tooth without using it itself. To be fair I think GP should be equal or attack it with less.thatd be fun to see.

What do you define as standard attack and support? List me an exact team. That’s not exactly the claim I made, as there are lots of non HT teams in TW, but I’d like to take on the challenge anyway and see if I can develop said teams.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited February 2019

What do you define as standard attack and support? List me an exact team. That’s not exactly the claim I made, as there are lots of non HT teams in TW, but I’d like to take on the challenge anyway and see if I can develop said teams.

Silencer & Poe & TFP are classic attackers. Anything with good damage. Support is more for control. Could use stealth, stun, target lock, etc.

Classic supports Bistan, Cassian, XB, Gauntlet, Scimitar kylo’s Shuttle. Well I’m just naming ships with the support tag lol.

But lineup shouldn’t have two attackers or supporters with Hounds Tooth. One of each.

I love ships. I dunno how combos could take down a respectable Hounds tooth team of even GP without using HT. I can only think of three.

1Geos,
    2. Ackbar w/Falcon
    3. silencer/TFP/Poe combo.
    4. ?????????

And I don’t think changing a ship lineup by 1 or two should count as a new team. Would be interesting to see “unused” ships do the job.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    And I might add that the Chimera can one shot kill HT... so lineups with the other 3 Capital ships would be most interesting.

So a Specific team... let’s say Tarkin Capital ship with starters:

HT, Gauntlet & Tie Advanced.
    Reinforcements: Phantom, Save 1, Scimitar, TFP,
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Silencer & Poe & TFP are classic attackers. Anything with good damage. Support is more for control. Could use stealth, stun, target lock, etc.

Classic supports Bistan, Cassian, XB, Gauntlet, Scimitar kylo’s Shuttle. Well I’m just naming ships with the support tag lol.

But lineup shouldn’t have two attackers or supporters with Hounds Tooth. One of each.

I love ships. I dunno how combos could take down a respectable Hounds tooth team of even GP without using HT. I can only think of three.

1Geos,
    2. Ackbar w/Falcon
    4. ?????????

And I don’t think changing a ship lineup by 1 or two should count as a new team. Would be interesting to see “unused” ships do the job.

I use Thrawn, Biggs, Ghost and Vader - Phantom Cassian Lando HT (who I never need to call). Gets the job done against HT.
  • VonZant wrote: »

1Geos,
    2. Ackbar w/Falcon
    4. ?????????

I use Thrawn, Biggs, Ghost and Vader - Phantom Cassian Lando HT (who I never need to call). Gets the job done against HT.

Do you think you could pull it off without HT as a reinforcement? I’m guessing you one shot the opposing HT with Chimera?
  • Capital Ships options back in the day
    4n8ld8yxqj98.png
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Padme ship was non combative so if they did make it i think be some kinda buff along lines of c3po/Hyoda

Along with the strong GR leader Padmé to maybe counter the coming Separatist Droid team...?
  • We need a death star raid
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    We have so many ships,

We don't have enough ordinary ships.
    Sure we do! Enough for one more capital ship at least. We could really even do with two--we wouldn't have enough regular ships to put out six full defensive teams in TW or GA, but we'd still have enough for five no problem, and that would give some real choice with compositions.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    1) Death Star ship raid with Luke’s X-wing as the reward, please.

2) has everyone given up on Nute getting a Cap Ship and GG getting his signature bomber??? He flies it all the time in the show - and even in the HAAT ending animation sequence.

3) Don’t know if anyone remembers, but there was a data-minining source a long time ago about Nute being a fleet commander and the speculation of a Vulture Droid ship without a pilot.

Edit:
    4, gimme a Holdo Resistance ship already please.
    5, should have had a Hux FO ship already please.
    6, GK/Echo/Cody clone dropship please.
    7, Jango prequel Slave 1 please.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Guys, I wouldn’t get so impatient with ships. In the buildup to Ships 2.0, they said they were intentionally holding back on ships until they fixed the format. Since Ships 2.0, we’ve had a new ship almost every month. That’s a lot to keep up with. I mean people are still complaining about Han’s falcon being too OP and that it was released too soon.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    We need ships removed from the game.
    QoL improved nr1 at this point.
    The **** release didn't help ships at all, please someone punish this people who designed ****.

Assuming that the censored word is Mil F, yeah, totally agreed. Fleet arena is cancer right now, we need a counter asap. Hopefully the EP shuttle delivers, but I'm afraid not.