Revan Ruse

2Next

Replies

• I'm suspicious and expecting the worst. This may be unhealthy, but this way I can enjoy disappointments.
    My reasoning is in many topics in "Dev Announcements and News" and "Feedback" sections.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Xezee wrote: »
    C3Peio wrote: »
    My suspicions lie elsewhere; are we 100% sure the difficulty will be the same? To be more precise: is Revan for sure going to be an ally or was that just for the whales?

And this is the most important question here.
    No they will not change the event from how it was the last time it ran. Being suspicious of everything is unhealthy, especially with nothing to support it

How positive are you? I don't know, mate, I wish I had your confidence... Last time around the whole Revan-as-an-ally was terribly weird, it looked as a last minute addition to appease the whales. But now we've had more than enough time to take the requiered toons beyond G8, and they might think of taking Revan away (which is the normal way for any event beyond Legendary. We've never used the reward toon to get themselves!)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    My suspicions lie elsewhere; are we 100% sure the difficulty will be the same? To be more precise: is Revan for sure going to be an ally or was that just for the whales?

No they will not change the event from how it was the last time it ran. Being suspicious of everything is unhealthy, especially with nothing to support it

How positive are you? I don't know, mate, I wish I had your confidence... Last time around the whole Revan-as-an-ally was terribly weird, it looked as a last minute addition to appease the whales. But now we've had more than enough time to take the requiered toons beyond G8, and they might think of taking Revan away (which is the normal way for any event beyond Legendary. We've never used the reward toon to get themselves!)

I get the whole "prepare for the worse, hope for the best" attitude, but i don't know why so many people seem to be afraid that the event will somehow be more difficult.
    Im 99% sure that the event will be exactly the same. I do however have all of them g12 except for t3m4 or whatever that droid is called. you're gonna want to use jolee and bastilla with revan anyway and zaalbar and mission are solid toons.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I wish I was more excited about Revan returning. I'm ready for him, but have the feeling that they won't allow plebs to catch up to the Kraken in arena and will just release another paywall character imminently. I caught the Palp meta for a while in our relatively young shard, but since Revanue came along the top 20 has been solid whale territory. I may be just disenfranchised but it seems like the game has shifted to whale-coddling and never mind the rest.
  • Smidday wrote: »
    Im still suspicious of the revan returns post, it’s probably another paywall. Surprise! Darth Revan! We did say Revan. The last two years has been a sith lord, so 3 for 3?

2mbe2Z8.gif

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I can't see what you guys are struggling with, unless you've hidden under a rock the whole time you've been playing this game (or are new). The optimal path for CG is to instigate a panic farm to make money. It's fairly obvious that those toons for Revan (or Malak) are Carth and Juhani, and that DS Revan will fall on the last week of February giving you 3 weeks to farm them (same as Vets for JTR, and Zalbar/mission for Revan). You should have no excuse for not having Canderous and Bastilla at 7* in time tbh

I don't think Malak is on the cards this time round as it then impacts the Revan set - up and the actual storyline. You'll need the 4 new toons, plus LS Revan to get DS Revan. It's then likely that Malak will be thru an event where you can use LS or DS Revan (like Kotor) and 4 OR toons.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I would bet my entire crystal stash that the event will be the same as it was last time.

We have never used the reward character to get himself, but in past journey events we have used an earlier version of the journey character (Farmboy Luke; Scavenger Rey). Here an earlier version didn't exist, so giving us the character to use as an ally made perfect sense. Having no Revan to use in Revan's journey would not have made sense.
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    I can't see what you guys are struggling with, unless you've hidden under a rock the whole time you've been playing this game (or are new). The optimal path for CG is to instigate a panic farm to make money. It's fairly obvious that those toons for Revan (or Malak) are Carth and Juhani, and that DS Revan will fall on the last week of February giving you 3 weeks to farm them (same as Vets for JTR, and Zalbar/mission for Revan). You should have no excuse for not having Canderous and Bastilla at 7* in time tbh

I don't think Malak is on the cards this time round as it then impacts the Revan set - up and the actual storyline. You'll need the 4 new toons, plus LS Revan to get DS Revan. It's then likely that Malak will be thru an event where you can use LS or DS Revan (like Kotor) and 4 OR toons.

Nope. LS Revan will not be needed. There is no money to be made if he's the 5th. The 5th toon required will be released in early February.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019

100% Positive. You could use Revan in earlier tiers (1 to 6) of the game too aka non-whales. Capital Games never adjust the difficulty to make an event harder or change the way the event works on a second, third or subsequent passes. They have stated this. Its not their M.O. and they aren't some soulless corporate machine that would.

We use reward toons all the time in marquees. Its nothing original. They told us during JKR that the vets don't need a lot of gear because the most difficult part about journey events is suppose to be the race to shards, not the event themselves and they wouldn't launch an event that requires panic farm + really high gear on toons.

Only time they did change anything was on Assault Battles: Battle of Geonosis but that was a one-off outlier
  • It’s not really a ruse if everyone knows what’s coming.

Nope. LS Revan will not be needed. There is no money to be made if he's the 5th. The 5th toon required will be released in early February.

As far as I'm aware, people still clambering about for shards for LS Revan. Makes sense to me to use him - then those who don't pay to get him are essentially locked out of Darth Revan. I think that's incentive
  • I actually could see HK being the 5th. The hang up will be that like Eyeshadow Bastila, Carth and Juhani will both be single-node hard farms. Maybe one goes to cantina, the other to Fleet, but I expect we won't get dual nodes again. Which would make up the difference in being one less toon to farm.

Worst case scenario is two toons on Fleet nodes.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Worst case scenario is two toons on Fleet nodes.

That will definitely require packs to finish and I dunno if they'd want to take the backlash from what would be an obvious cash grab.

1 ship node is likely to require packs to finish in the time available anyway and it's slightly more subtle
  • jfears2
    186 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's funny to me that a thread with absolutely no supporting evidence has made it this far. Some pessimist who comes in with a theory with no evidence or precedent to back it up; and some people actually agree that they might change the event to make it harder... that has never happened and you are all loony to think it will.

With that said, it will be the hardest event ever from now on, chewy times 3PO times thrawn. What can I say; I like to entertain conspiracy theorists.. it's fun :smile:

p.s; let's make the event require 7* traya while we're at it to really **** off some people haha.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • jfears2 wrote: »
    It's funny to me that a thread with absolutely no supporting evidence has made it this far. Some pessimist who comes in with a theory with no evidence or precedent to back it up; and some people actually agree that they might change the event to make it harder... that has never happened and you are all loony to think it will.

With that said, it will be the hardest event ever from now on, chewy times 3PO times thrawn. What can I say; I like to entertain conspiracy theorists.. it's fun :smile:

p.s; let's make the event require 7* traya while we're at it to really **** off some people haha.

That would at least increase her value a bit to make it more reflective of the effort to get her.

Not here when they ballsed up the first return of GMY event and he came back on steroids? Turns out the crazies who predicted it would be harder were right that time....
  • jfears2
    186 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Reyalp wrote: »
    jfears2 wrote: »

Not here when they ballsed up the first return of GMY event and he came back on steroids? Turns out the crazies who predicted it would be harder were right that time....

I was obviously being sarcastic but the Yoda debacle was based on just what you said, he had been reworked; we have no reason to think Revan will be different unless they announce some type of rework right before the event goes live.

You may be talking about before his rework early in the game, I didn't start playing till Jan 2017 so if it was before then I missed it.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...

For the chewie event Second time around I geared up some of my BH to g12 and added 4 zetas and it took at least 100 attempts. Now when the event first dropped I could take out at least 2 of the rebels, second times I couldn’t get a hit in even with my fastest mods, I just had to keep trying and trying and trying and trying, sure they nerfed bossks contract, but this event was 100% more difficult. I almost deleted the game, think this was a sore spot for a lot of people and maybe thats why we’re sceptical.

However, my point was that they might bring Darth Revan, it was when I posted this, they announced Revan was returning, so I wanted to see what other people thought. And lets not forget its not CG that make all these decisions, remember its EA squeezing them and theyve already bombed two SW games since buy exclusive rights from Disney
  • How could anything guard against JKR in the future? He picks off the toon of his choice right from the start.
  • How could anything guard against JKR in the future? He picks off the toon of his choice right from the start.

“Darth Revan is immune to “ignore taunt” effects”

“Darth Revan is immune to “ignore taunt” effects”
    Reyalp wrote: »
    jfears2 wrote: »

I was obviously being sarcastic but the Yoda debacle was based on just what you said, he had been reworked; we have no reason to think Revan will be different unless they announce some type of rework right before the event goes live.

You may be talking about before his rework early in the game, I didn't start playing till Jan 2017 so if it was before then I missed it.

Yoda is the event uses his old kit,not the new one according to Dev posts after his rework in 2018.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    How could anything guard against JKR in the future? He picks off the toon of his choice right from the start.

Jedi specific counter skill can easily take down the team. Everyone seems to forget matches are not one toon. Revan is great, because he makes the jedi team viable. Break that synergy and the jedi are just as weak as they were before.

No money to be made lol.... Revanue being required would bring the most money. How did you even think it wouldn't? A 75-400 dollar character as apposed to a free one hahahaaah. Good logic there.