Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• I confess myself..disappointed. No talk of new Raids. Guess they figure SRT is enough. Dunno, I sense a cloudy future. Time will tell.
  • You had me at grievous rework 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Just take all my money... finally getting that droid love!!
  • Droideka gonna be a legendary requiring 5 clone troopers (hefty gear) calling it now
  • So HK47 rework too? Good! :)

Liked pretty much all that was explained. New droids and a button to skip the rancor raid is going to be nice.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    So HK47 rework too? Good! :)

Liked pretty much all that was explained. New droids and a button to skip the rancor raid is going to be nice.

I think that they learned from the Revan paywall mistake. I think that they are giving us time to farm the required toons just like the RJT event. It will come down to Onasi and Juhani being the “vets”. It will still be paywall, but nowhere near JKR high. I can support that.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I think that they learned from the Revan paywall mistake. I think that they are giving us time to farm the required toons just like the RJT event. It will come down to Onasi and Juhani being the “vets”. It will still be paywall, but nowhere near JKR high. I can support that.

Give me half of that and I’ll be happy, and by that I mean give me enough time to farm one of those vets and drop some cash on the other. JK Revan was waaaaay too paywall and while I have him now and he’s boss, I’m glad I didn’t drop $400 on him the first pass.
    For RJT, I passed on spending cash, missed her and hated CG because of only two weeks to farm two high end Cantina node farms. If it was only one of them, I’d have bought a pack and crystals in order to get the other. They need to realize the fortune in smaller sales instead of gigantic all or nothing’s. If you tossed the whales and krakens a JKR every so often, no issues. But make it the norm? No go
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    Very very very nice. Reading through this it shows you guys did the best thing and listened to the community on what we wanted toon wise (battle droids and GG), farming wise (achievement characters and event character farms), and even in the QoL fixes as well.
    Thank you thank you and thank you again. I’ll always call you guys out when necessary, and happily so, but in this case, you guys have done a fantastic job. Keep up the good work :)
  • I’m just glad it’s no longer Sith February

Observation: This is inaccurate. The master is coming!
  • Really like the hidden buffs idea. All ideas sound good to me.
  • Is it coincidence that I got grievous to 7 stars today? I think not!
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Is it coincidence that I got grievous to 7 stars today? I think not!

Ha ha well congrats! I’d call you lucky!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Great news. Finally some prequels stuff.
  • Hi CG,

Firstly thank you so much for listening to the community. You really nailed what the people want with this upcoming content and i'm so excited for these next few months in swgoh!

I will give you a little bit of negative feedback though. I was really disappointed that you didn't give ahnald a heads up about the grevious rework prior to release. Whatever happened with leaks and the game changers, it's not worth ostracizing all of the game changers over. These guys are advocates for your game. They keep many of us dedicated players interested and excited about it (and in the end that has to benefit you guys, right?:).

In this particular case, i was equally as excited about ahnalds video as the grevious rework itself, but i could tell in his vid that he was kinda bummed he didn't get more time to prepare for it (maybe he would have even made another awesome song?:)

Anyway please reconsider your communication with the game changers, but other than that, keep doing what you're doing. This game is great! :)
  • Ralyn wrote: »
    Bummer still no Padme

I hope Padme is the next.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Hi CG,

Firstly thank you so much for listening to the community. You really nailed what the people want with this upcoming content and i'm so excited for these next few months in swgoh!

I will give you a little bit of negative feedback though. I was really disappointed that you didn't give ahnald a heads up about the grevious rework prior to release. Whatever happened with leaks and the game changers, it's not worth ostracizing all of the game changers over. These guys are advocates for your game. They keep many of us dedicated players interested and excited about it (and in the end that has to benefit you guys, right?:).

In this particular case, i was equally as excited about ahnalds video as the grevious rework itself, but i could tell in his vid that he was kinda bummed he didn't get more time to prepare for it (maybe he would have even made another awesome song?:)

Anyway please reconsider your communication with the game changers, but other than that, keep doing what you're doing. This game is great! :)

Lol GG rework has been rumored for like over 1.3 years i believe....

More angry no ship assUlt battles or anything
  • I like a lot of this. Good work.

Does B1 sound like a droid version of Nightsister Zombie to anyone else?

B1 sounds exactly like a droid version on NS zombie. If they make GG into the jedi killer that was part of the Clone Wars it will help shift the meta in a big way. I am excited and can't wait to see where it goes from here

The ONE jedi we get to see him kill ?
  • @CG_Carrie Speaking of droids, I wonder when will Threepio can synergize with Droid allies? Since his release, he was a best support for Ewoks, Rebels, the Resistance, and the Galactic Republic for many years, but he was supposed to help his Droid allies in the battle.
  • The emperors shuttle sounds like good will,on haven't gotten something we could farm straight away since what... Magmatrooper?

AhnoldT101 gonna have a party in his next video

Pao went straight to store
  • There are several things that I really like, especially the GA matchmaking that will not include ship GP anymore if no ships are used. And overall, there is a lot to look forward to. Better squad management sounds great, as well as the hidden buffs option. Especially against Jedi teams it has become hard to see who still has foresight and who not, that will definitely solve the problem. :)

But... the timing for the Grievous stuff feels a bit "meeeh" to me... I was looking forward to Sith February. Farmed the Sith ships and all, expecting something great. And now it's all Separatists :( . I mean, please don't get me wrong, in general I was also looking forward to a Grievous rework and to new Clone Wars content, as I love the show much more than the new movies! Besides the B1 and Droideka, I would also love to see Padme in the game finally. But not at this time of the year, why not a month later or so? Can't really enjoy it right now, as you knew that everyone was expecting Sith content this month, it was a beloved tradition that definitely influenced many peoples' farming plans.

Also that might not be a popular opinion, but I am not anything but excited for the Rancor raid simming. I can already tell right now that my guild leader and officers will want to go the lazy way and use the simming option, while I enjoy every single Rancor. I always play funny music while autoplaying it and that's an entertaining moment of the day. Too much simming ability is not good for the game, or there will be a time when there's nothing left to really play.

I hope the last sentence of the Road Ahead was really a hint to HK-47 and not just random. All of that could only be distraction, to allure people to stop farming the new OR characters or the Sith ships... and they will still become necessary sooner than it seems now. At least that's my hope! ;)
  • I’m just hoping Droids become meta since sooooo many people got Revan the second time around. Not looking forward to a zillion Revans in arena when Revan v. Revan fights are so long and monotonous. Been doing Revan v. Revan for so long now. Ready for a change.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    To that end, one of our big QOL features this year is going to be raid simming. If a guild has beaten the Heroic Rancor raid a certain number of times and a (to be determined) number of guild members have Han Solo at 7*, the guild will be able to sim completion of the Rancor Raid and all guild members will receive equal rewards. While we are still tuning the exact rewards, the intention is to keep the inflow of rewards but allow guilds to enjoy the rewards and spend their time on new content without having to repeat the version of an event they’ve mastered. At this time, we are only activating raid simming on the Rancor, but will be able to explore adding it to the other raids at a later date. We should note, that if, for any reason, you don't want to sim the Rancor, you always have the option to play through the way it is currently with the current reward distribution.
    I've got one question about those raids sims. What about quests that requires to complete x raids or get ranked in a particular raid ? Will the sim considered as if you get 1st rank ?
    My concern is obviously, most of the guilds will probably go for the sim option, if that option prevents us from completing our quests, it might become an issue.
  • Oh I see.. separatists rework cause everyone's got a head start on the DS OR farming.

In the words of the great fish man; 'its a trap!'
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yay finally. Only 3 weeks late.

Now work on the next one. You have 2 months to get it out on time.
    This particular grievance has always confounded me, so I really want to understand where it comes from (I realize excitement at its core). This is what I posted back when I announced the cadence of Road Aheads:
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I'd like to dispel the notion that the Road Ahead should be post on the first day of the quarter. That is not always possible for many reasons. I will post it as early as I can while ensuring the content is accurate and that I can tell you enough to warrant it, but could also move it for other reasons (like getting out of the way of the Revan release).

I do appreciate the fervor though,
    -Carrie

PS. I realize my mother would tell me "couple means two" so in the spirit of not wanting to lean on the "will almost always" clause, let's say "few".
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just watched Ahnoldt101’s video and I’m disappointed for him that he wasn’t the first to know about the GG rework as Carrie said he would be. Shame.

He was told on December 30th. We actually told him in case he really was going to delete his channel. But I have learned what to assume so I will never be disappointed.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Carrie, thank you for the update and lets all remember that a lot of developers actually post either useless notes on patches or details on them after the patches have gone live. Of course, we prefer to have advance warning to plan for optimal play, but some advance knowledge is way better than none.

On sim raids freeing up time for new things, hopefully that means a new raid or another guild-wide event is in the works.

Also thanks for Grievous, hopefully the rework is a good one.
  • Excellelent news, but I'm missing this beauty:

szv1fo266hc7.jpg
  • Whilst I love everything you have proposed, especially the attention to enjoyment of the game and balance, as well as the quality of life improvements.

However perhaps the most Important quality of life improvement besides the ability to manage your squads without having to have energy or an event to launch a battle in.... ridiculous... almost as ridiculous is the fact that we dont have a Gear Inventory. I cannot believe these two things were not patched on day two. But please please please add an inventory for gear before any of the other QOL changes aside from squad management @CG
  • I like a lot of this. Good work.

Does B1 sound like a droid version of Nightsister Zombie to anyone else?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I hope it turns out that way.

Could be similar to the way Imp Troopers works with TW buffs. This was my first thought anyway. I’m just so happy with everything they announced and looking forward to a more healthy system of character release cadence. I don’t like to speak for others but rewors are some of the most exciting content updates this game has to offer.
    I must applaud CG for at least attempting to listen to the feedback of the player base. Buff display being one (not high on my priority but still appreciated), squad management, and content being released straight to nodes is something we should all be happy with.
    Let’s not forget that these forums where filled with people asking ships to NOT be counted toward GA match making so thank you again. Maybe we can all learn a lesson here (including CG) that new content takes time to perfect and that constructive criticism and feedback has a more profound place here on the forums than straight out hate mail.

On a final note I’m very curious to see how the sepertist faction is reborn, especially Magna, B2, GG and Droidika.

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Give me half of that and I’ll be happy, and by that I mean give me enough time to farm one of those vets and drop some cash on the other. JK Revan was waaaaay too paywall and while I have him now and he’s boss, I’m glad I didn’t drop $400 on him the first pass.
    For RJT, I passed on spending cash, missed her and hated CG because of only two weeks to farm two high end Cantina node farms. If it was only one of them, I’d have bought a pack and crystals in order to get the other. They need to realize the fortune in smaller sales instead of gigantic all or nothing’s. If you tossed the whales and krakens a JKR every so often, no issues. But make it the norm? No go

Well said, I can especially relate to the last paragraph.
    So far this year looks great and time will tell if they have truely listened to the player base that so emphatically keeps this game alive.
This discussion has been closed.