Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Only IG86 and K2SO will be the only two utterly useless droids. Every other droid either is an integral part of some squad, faction or will be reworked to make them not useless.

Even worse, these two are not in any relevant faction that has a chance to get reworked in the future so these two will probably rot in uselessness until the game dies. Which is a sad thought. RIP Ig86 and K2SO, DOA.
  • eyxp85s89fcu.png
    I just realised that this guy requires more carbantis and stun guns that Revan, this is gonna be painful, so excited to use my gear XII Grievous anyway, i still hope that Darth Revan is coming on march at least
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Experimenting with shard farming is nice and all, but do you know how you could make units accessible without additional energy grind? By reviving the freaking stores!
    Ships especially need a lot of easily farmable ones, so we can build up a solid base.
  • very sad to see what inexperienced developers that dont understand gaming are doing to this game.

since the last quarter there hasnt been really much that has been exciting and they are just changing the game to remove the fun to come up with new cash grab.

sorry but as a huge star wars fan you have distrubed the force with all you con games and bad designs.

i will never forget how bad things have gotten and how tone deaf they became.
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yay finally. Only 3 weeks late.

Now work on the next one. You have 2 months to get it out on time.
    This particular grievance has always confounded me, so I really want to understand where it comes from (I realize excitement at its core). This is what I posted back when I announced the cadence of Road Aheads:
    Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I'd like to dispel the notion that the Road Ahead should be post on the first day of the quarter. That is not always possible for many reasons. I will post it as early as I can while ensuring the content is accurate and that I can tell you enough to warrant it, but could also move it for other reasons (like getting out of the way of the Revan release).

I do appreciate the fervor though,
    -Carrie

PS. I realize my mother would tell me "couple means two" so in the spirit of not wanting to lean on the "will almost always" clause, let's say "few".

Youve quoted yourself stating 'first couple of weeks'.
    This is the 5th week currently (the end of the 5th week).

5 is not a couple. It is typically 2.

If you want to play the language card, it is also used informally to substitute a few, so 1-3.

5 is neither 2, nor 1-3.
    If you want to say that 'within the 1st month of the quarter', say that.
    You should not get any complaints for posting it on the last day of the month, if thats what you say.
    But if you say 'a couple', you will be held to account if you are 3 weeks late to 'a couple'.

You didnt dispel anything. Either you were (and still are) talkong nonsense, or youre late. Pick one.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    very sad to see what inexperienced developers that dont understand gaming are doing to this game.

since the last quarter there hasnt been really much that has been exciting and they are just changing the game to remove the fun to come up with new cash grab.

sorry but as a huge star wars fan you have distrubed the force with all you con games and bad designs.

i will never forget how bad things have gotten and how tone deaf they became.

How's anything a cash grab that's in this road ahead though?
    Maybe this game isn't for you eventhough it's starwars themed, not all starwars games can be winners. (arguably this one is a winner though, a very big winner actually).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Feedback: this is specifically in regards to new character release cadences. I love that you guys want to change up how characters are released so that we don't get marque over load. Releasing a new ship directly to Cantina onto already existing farms, (I'm taking what you wrote as the ship will be added onto nodes without removing the character already on the node?), but I just want to be up front with near consensus community expectations based off of conversations I've had with people around the game over the past year and input on potential avenues to revamp old stores.

1. Do not change character release cadences in a way that short changes us on our easy avenue to the 3 star character/ship unlock. What I mean by this is don't go back to a cadence that forces us to either fork over $ for an unlock or wait months until said character is released into a f2p location. Our biggest issue with Marque releases has and has always been that you dumped them all on is in a 6 month span of time and then dumped all the new legendary events on us in a span on 3-4 months. The repedative nature of the releases has always really been the main issue. A imediate release to a f2p location is always great, but if you significantly lower the drop rate (similar to how you had done bonus shard drops for BH before they went f2p a few months ago) while not offering a marque like event to unlock said character you are bound to receive very negative feedback and build player resentment. Similarly if a character is released straight to game achievements where our only options are to buy the character or to complete extremely difficult achievements, the player base isn't going to be happy, especially since most of us have completely finished all our easy to accomplish achievements and are now on achievements like winning 1000 arena matches. As always I understand the need to make money, but you simply can't make getting the initial character unlock harder while getting rid of an event where we were also rewarded blue 5 dot mods.

2. Do something with your old dead stores. Cantina, GW, Arena, and Ship Arena haven't been touched in well over a year. While you mentioned releasing new characters to stores, you specifically mentioned releasing them to GE Store like hYoda and Wompa. While I'm not advocating for brand new characters to be released right into GW store, what I'm asking is for harder to farm characters to be moved in. There are plenty of B-C class characters that are in hard node farms or 20 energy nodes on Cantina that plenty of us will never farm because they simply are not worth it. A good example is Baze. He is an amazing tank who can be used to make a good TW/GA team but he is no longer any good in arena and has zero use in raids or TB battles. This would be a perfect character to see removed from his hard node and moved to a store. Another example is the Vets. These characters are useless outside of the JTR unlock. Having at least one moved to a store or having one or both moved to lower energy nodes would be great, especially for new players who would be able to utilize them at least for credit heists or smugglers run.

TLTR: changing character release cadence is great, just don't make getting character unlock/farming harder.
  • Love this road ahead. 100% supportive of the QOL changes and super happy for the immediate future.

Now back to farming for Darth Revan....
  • When should we learn more about simming the pit raid? I have a few questions.
    Would we have the hour before payouts to hit sim?
    If a player can solo the raid and sim it, does previous damage dealt in the raid effect their score?
    Price of simming the raid, is it 1 ticket or several or do we even need sim tickets?
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So When We Are Getting Missing Revan Shards ; After the TW Locked ? or Falling Down in Arena to the Lower Ranks ? August ?
  • don't get me wrong I am pleased to see droideka is finally coming but a road ahead isn't supposed to be for the year to come ? Here they just give us what will happens in 2 weeks. For that I am a bit disappointed. And weeks to wait for just that ?
  • So When We Are Getting Missing Revan Shards ; After the TW Locked ? or Falling Down in Arena to the Lower Ranks ? August ?

Soon
  • When should we learn more about simming the pit raid? I have a few questions.
    If a player can solo the raid and sim it, does previous damage dealt in the raid effect their score?
    Price of simming the raid, is it 1 ticket or several or do we even need sim tickets?
    As I understand it the guild/raid-lead will sim the raid for all. You just join as usual.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • I’ll give some positive feedback to @CG_Carrie since no one has been able to do that without complaining.
    Carrie and the other devs, you did it, you made me extremely happy this road ahead! It was worth the wait! I cannot think of anything else except the Grievous magna b2 rework, along with b1 and droideka! I am so pumped, and I hope that you read this and are happy that at least one player has voiced his excitement!
    #grievousreworked
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just watched Ahnoldt101’s video and I’m disappointed for him that he wasn’t the first to know about the GG rework as Carrie said he would be. Shame.

He was told on December 30th. We actually told him in case he really was going to delete his channel. But I have learned what to assume so I will never be disappointed.

Beckett quote! Beckett! Confirmed!
  • still no squad management for fleet setups???
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Just watched Ahnoldt101’s video and I’m disappointed for him that he wasn’t the first to know about the GG rework as Carrie said he would be. Shame.

He was told on December 30th. We actually told him in case he really was going to delete his channel. But I have learned what to assume so I will never be disappointed.

Beckett quote! Beckett! Confirmed!

So Beckett is coming to the game?!?!
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Nurgle wrote: »
    When should we learn more about simming the pit raid? I have a few questions.
    As I understand it the guild/raid-lead will sim the raid for all. You just join as usual.

If that don't make it easy as pie.
    It would be nice if the clarified the language, I find it vague and unconvincing.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Well then you and the gamechangers seem to be on different pages lately. Have you watched his video? He doesn’t seem to know and was the last GC to put out a video on it. He should have been the one to announce it. You could have made the road ahead then left the GG part to him on his channel. You do this for gaming-fans, why not ahnald? I enjoy the gamechangers content and I feel that you guys are not utilizing them in the most effective way. It’s free advertising.

I do love that you have a five year vision.

PS: open up the beta program please. I would love to participate.
  • Anyone notice they specifically mentioned B1 getting a marquee but nothing for droideka? To be honest, my main guess is also marquee, but I’m kind of hoping for some low-level legendary. Anyone have thoughts on this?
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Anyone else a bit narked by this road ahead? I mean the way I read it can be summarised as follows.
    • We have a five year plan.
    • In the next year we'll be introducing new characters (some as achievements), and galactic chase as an event for Emperors shuttle.
    • QOL update coming soon. Guessing this is Feb. Includes rancor raid simming.
    • February is separatist month.

This kind of sounds more like a road of February. Not that happy that they are a month late, but this literally only covers the current month. There's nothing quarterly about it.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate having some vision into the year ahead, and I think this first road ahead of the year is the perfect place. But this is supposed to cover 3 months is it not, or at least the 2 months which are left in this quarter.

The road ahead is missing the first month because it's passed and the last month because... what? How can you be a month late (33%) in delivering a third (33%) of the road ahead.

Granted there's also the possibility that carrie is talking about the galactic chase event just after talking about the year ahead, and forgot to say - by the way we're starting to talk about this quarter now. Sort of hoping this is the case, but that's not how it reads.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Goble57 wrote: »
    Anyone notice they specifically mentioned B1 getting a marquee but nothing for droideka? To be honest, my main guess is also marquee, but I’m kind of hoping for some low-level legendary. Anyone have thoughts on this?

guild event store or new TB map reward are my guesses.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lio wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    Congrats on posting the road ahead after I already read this in a speculation and leak thread. Real good job being ahead of the game on your own content.
    I bet you send hate mail to Apple and Samsung when an internal employee leaks the upcoming device a few days or weeks before its announcement

"Sir.. SIR!! I asked for ketchup but you only gave me TWO PACKETS! SIIIR!"

IT'S MA'AM!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Well then you and the gamechangers seem to be on different pages lately. Have you watched his video? He doesn’t seem to know and was the last GC to put out a video on it. He should have been the one to announce it. You could have made the road ahead then left the GG part to him on his channel. You do this for gaming-fans, why not ahnald? I enjoy the gamechangers content and I feel that you guys are not utilizing them in the most effective way. It’s free advertising.

lmao seriously? He is only playing surprise to get views on youtube. Maybe he didn't know about the other reworks but cmon'.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Awesome Road Ahead, thank you! Very excited for all of the upcoming content. Please don't listen to the trolls who only bring negativity. I think that they are merely more vocal than all of the people who are happy with what CG is doing.
  • *raises hand for the beta program also*

Rather than watching for beta-recruiting posts, isn't there somewhere we could just put our names on a list? For instance, I'd hate to be away on vacay for a week and then come back to find out I missed the call for volunteers.
  • Only IG86 and K2SO will be the only two utterly useless droids. Every other droid either is an integral part of some squad, faction or will be reworked to make them not useless.

Except for the fact that K2SO and his faction (Rogue One) have a dedicated combat mission in LSTB. He's far from useless when geared properly and paired with Cassian.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

lmao seriously? He is only playing surprise to get views on youtube. Maybe he didn't know about the other reworks but cmon'.

He said a bunch of times in his video that he didn’t know this was coming about was bummed about it. He was the last GC to post a vid on it. I’m saying it was handled wrong considering the hype that Ahnoldt101 has given GG in the past. I dunno what CG told him, but he seemed to be in the dark. Perhaps they told him
    CG: “GG is getting reworked, so don’t delete your channel”.
    Ahnoldt101: when?
    CG: “soon”

Either way, the GC and CG need to work together. Ahnoldt101, mobilegamer, cubsfanhan, warrior, and nukin make great videos that I enjoy. I just think that CG can use them in a better way.
This discussion has been closed.