Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• No lie...this Road Ahead actually revived my love for this game. Started dying once they made Jango Fett marquee (still farming him, just hit 6 star) AND released the KOTOR toons at the same time, alluding to Revan joining the game. Just been a slow death since then.

But this...THIS is what we needed back in October but I'll happily accept it now. Can't wait for EVERY SINGLE THING. This RA is perfection and I applaud all of you at Capital Games. The only thing that sorta irks me is the fact that I burned over 40k in crystals farming these new KOTOR toons to 7 star because I assumed either Darth Malak or Darth Revan, or both, were coming. Hopefully I didn't burn those crystals for nothing.

Other than that...you guys nailed this. Thank you for reviving me. And I'm sure I speak for a lot of us launch players. @CG_CapGaSP @CG_RyDiggs @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Now that GG is getting his rework i hope you plan bringing his Malevolence too, or at leas his personal ship.
    And do i foresee a Legendary Separatists event leading to Padme? After all, who was the separatists greatest enemy! :smiley:
  • I loved how the end suggested that there would be an HK-47 Rework. I'm excited for that, and I hope he has synergy with both droids and the old republic carth team.
  • i personally think they should get rid of the gamechangers and the people who want the info to come from the gamechangers want it that way for devious reasons.

yes i will say it the gamechangers arent good for the game. they can make their videos without getting private access that they leak to their friends and back channel guilds.

thats actually one thing i am happy to see. the info and release information should come from ea/cg and they should improve on how they do it with increased communication "thats a joke theyve said they would do 10x over now".

i am happy grevious is finally going to be useful but the mark feels missed still on timing. its always good to get something but getting a christmas gift on january 15th doesnt feel like christmas. grevious shoulda been worked a long time ago so i wont aplaud them for being behind and think its funny all the people who are applauding this lazy development that isnt really bringing much real content
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    I loved how the end suggested that there would be an HK-47 Rework. I'm excited for that, and I hope he has synergy with both droids and the old republic carth team.

We plrobably need HK and the other KotOR characters for Darth Revan.
  • Road ahead looks interesting ! One QOL suggestion I would make is to implement a daily log of attacks you get in arena. You would receive it in your inbox at the same time as the rewards you get based on your rank. It would show you the players and squads that have attacked in the last 24 hours, and whether your squad defended successfully or lost. There might even be extra rewards added (a number of arena tokens per successful defence, with a daily maximum cap). At the moment, if my arena rank doesn’t change, I don’t know if it’s because people pass when they see my squad, or if they try and lose, hence my suggestion !
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    I loved how the end suggested that there would be an HK-47 Rework. I'm excited for that, and I hope he has synergy with both droids and the old republic carth team.

My current farms are counting on it
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »

I'm farming Dark Bastila and Canderous. Waiting for Juhani and Carth to get a node.But I wouldn't be surprised that they change things up because now we know marquee characters are used for legendary characters.
  • Riffinator wrote: »

I'm farming Dark Bastila and Canderous. Waiting for Juhani and Carth to get a node.But I wouldn't be surprised that they change things up because now we know marquee characters are used for legendary characters.

And we all know how OP they can make DS toons
    not
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

not

not?
    well, okay.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

not

not?
    well, okay.

Only a sith deals in absolutes!
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    My favorite part of this entire post was the meatbags HK reference at the very end. And what it’s probably alluding to.

My HK-47 Defense Team is one of my most successful "secret" defense teams in GA/TW (not in the first row of course).
    So I'm kinda hyped :)

but …

"[Decleration] Assassination protocols activated. Die meatbags!"

Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just watched Ahnoldt101’s video and I’m disappointed for him that he wasn’t the first to know about the GG rework as Carrie said he would be. Shame.

He was told on December 30th. We actually told him in case he really was going to delete his channel. But I have learned what to assume so I will never be disappointed.

Beckett quote! Beckett! Confirmed!

So Beckett is coming to the game?!?!

The answer is yes! But no, they have not confirmed it. I'm just having some fun and lobbying. ;)
  • It's a fantastic big step in the right direction.

This game should be able to spread the player base fairly wide. There shouldn't be a reason to get a big chunk of the player base to focus on 1 squad or 1 character at the same time.

Though I was looking forward to February Sith Month #3, I guess cadence are meant to be broken.

As for SIM'ing the Rancor Raid, IMO, similar to GW, if you're able to solo it 10 times (manual or Auto), the SIM should be unlocked. At 10 times, it's not a fluke that you're able to. As for players who are not able to solo it yet, they should be competing for "a top spot". Thus the SIM'ing players should get an exact prize, while the current ranking system should be in place for the ones actually fighting the Rancor.

With new droids, there could be a potential for new and wild combinations. I'm happy with a new pile of non-OP characters in the game.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Never had any doubt that you will return Carrie. Thanks for the road ahead post. Everything looks great and I never had any desire to farm the Separatist Droids until now. Now that you are re-working GG, can we please have his flagship also? Having his flagship will bring synergy to the separatist ships.

• Ultra wrote: »
    Rancor Raid Sim is great. Hope the rewards aren't awful distribution or nerfed

Now if only the tank raid was given the same extension

It says rewards will be equal and the sim is optional. The rewards should stay the same. The tank raid can't be done 100% on auto with multiple teams so it will probably take much more time to become simmable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

not

not?
    well, okay.

And some of them were absolutely OP at the time ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sparrow wrote: »
    Raid simming is awesome but isn't the more important metric to raid simming the ability of a guild to clear it easily?

Example you take 50 people who can beat the rancor on auto in 10 minutes, they start a new guild and can't sim the raid for 6 months.... What the hell is that.

If the content is trivial for a guild then you should be able to sim it.

Its based on the number of times a guild has beat it on heroic and the number of people with a 7* Han. So in theory(depending on what CG makes those numbers) a new guild could sim the raid immediately. We just have to wait until more information becomes available. Also the post says that rewards will be equal and the sim ability is optional.
  • I love this game. Grievous is a terrible character. Enough of him.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Alongside this and the more traditional events, we will be introducing more achievement-based characters this year. They may show up as actual achievement rewards or in currency shops (such as Wampa and Hermit Yoda). We’ll be able to talk about that more in-depth in coming months.
    Dang, now I gotta save all my GET for toons again and the Stun Gun bottleneck becomes much worse

There is always the chance of new events that can reward us with some of the gear for the bottle necking. Also achievements were mentioned so they may be adding gear to that area as well. One can hope
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    exile038 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rancor Raid Sim is great. Hope the rewards aren't awful distribution or nerfed

Now if only the tank raid was given the same extension

It says rewards will be equal and the sim is optional. The rewards should stay the same. The tank raid can't be done 100% on auto with multiple teams so it will probably take much more time to become simmable.
    Rewards are equal between guild members but the rewards you get are being tuned (amount of gear / what gear you get) and the last time they did equal distributed raid rewards it was a disaster
  • [/quote]

"Sir.. SIR!! I asked for ketchup but you only gave me TWO PACKETS! SIR!!!!

It's MA'AM
  • I suggest something most strongly. DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING, THEN YOU CANNOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Sounds strange huh, well I have learned my and by extension your expectations are rarely fulfilled. We take every word as gospel. It will happen, they said so, etc.. Take the Road Ahead as a possible scenario. Then go along and enjoy your time in game. If it happens, great. If not, meh, oh well stuff happens or not. Seriously. Do not run around all excited, only to have your expectations not realized. Take the RA as a white board of ideas. Those in the industry know white boards are not carved in stone and can be changed for many reasons.

My two cents.
  • ... DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING, THEN YOU CANNOT BE DISAPPOINTED...
    My two cents.

This right here is worth more than 2 cents.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    ... DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING, THEN YOU CANNOT BE DISAPPOINTED...
    My two cents.

This right here is worth more than 2 cents.

If figure harboring lofty expectations is fine, but temper them with a dash of reality.
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

not

not?
    well, okay.

And some of them were absolutely OP at the time ;)

That's not a tale you would hear from a Jedi.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The status effect compression option is nice, but why not just display all the status effects of the targeted and selected characters by their portraits in the upper right and lower left? I worry that it'll hide a non-essential buff or debuff, making it look like the character isn't buffed or debuffed at all, and this would affect abilities that do different things based on whether the target is buffed or debuffed (BH payouts, dengar's and sabine's basic, etc).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The status effect compression option is nice, but why not just display all the status effects of the targeted and selected characters by their portraits in the upper right and lower left? I worry that it'll hide a non-essential buff or debuff, making it look like the character isn't buffed or debuffed at all, and this would affect abilities that do different things based on whether the target is buffed or debuffed (BH payouts, dengar's and sabine's basic, etc).

There is a toggle option(turning the feature on and off), but the main buffs will show, like foresight and taunt.
  • Harrison1684
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    As we all know by now he may be getting a rework, but whats your opinion on it and would you recommend working on him aswell as the b2 battle droid.
    Thanks
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yay finally. Only 3 weeks late.

Now work on the next one. You have 2 months to get it out on time.
    This particular grievance has always confounded me, so I really want to understand where it comes from (I realize excitement at its core). This is what I posted back when I announced the cadence of Road Aheads:
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I'd like to dispel the notion that the Road Ahead should be post on the first day of the quarter. That is not always possible for many reasons. I will post it as early as I can while ensuring the content is accurate and that I can tell you enough to warrant it, but could also move it for other reasons (like getting out of the way of the Revan release).

I do appreciate the fervor though,
    -Carrie

PS. I realize my mother would tell me "couple means two" so in the spirit of not wanting to lean on the "will almost always" clause, let's say "few".

Youve quoted yourself stating 'first couple of weeks'.
    This is the 5th week currently (the end of the 5th week).

5 is not a couple. It is typically 2.

If you want to play the language card, it is also used informally to substitute a few, so 1-3.

5 is neither 2, nor 1-3.
    If you want to say that 'within the 1st month of the quarter', say that.
    You should not get any complaints for posting it on the last day of the month, if thats what you say.
    But if you say 'a couple', you will be held to account if you are 3 weeks late to 'a couple'.

You didnt dispel anything. Either you were (and still are) talkong nonsense, or youre late. Pick one.

You know what, those are completely fair points. I could keep going down the semantic thing about, that is why I try to give myself an out like "almost always", but that's legalese and it is not my intention to be deceptive ever. It is my intention to give myself enough wiggle room for unforeseen situations, but that's where I think the communication gap happens between us, and it's not your fault, it's mine.

I'll make sure to publicly state, probably as we run up to the next Road Ahead, if I don't think I can get it out to you in the first two weeks that while it is my intention to release it in the first month of every quarter, it may come later - our commitment will be to, as we did this time around (learning from last fall), set some expectations that it's on the later end rather than the earlier and keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the insight and feedback.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
This discussion has been closed.