Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Wouldn't it be cool if after they added more separatist droids and gave the other separatist droids a rework they added master Kenobi and we need them to get him, lol
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Since Carrie is still reading stuff,

Any chance that 5 year plan includes stuff from the now defunct expanded universe or talks of exploring that era?

Ha, that's a question that does not have an answer that will go without upsetting a bunch of people.
    We are at a point where any toon announcement will upset a bunch of people
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie (i believe this is the first time i've ever tagged a dev)
    What's up with this?
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    New Content
    February is going to be differently themed than the past two years, as we are VERY excited to bring you Separatist droids!
    Okay, februari no longer the "sith month". PepsiAddict thought the same thing and was happy about that, Suprème_Lèader_Tsao observed that that statement was inaccurate.
    I’m just glad it’s no longer Sith February

Observation: This is inaccurate. The master is coming!
    All normal so far, people love to disagree, but then i saw your "like" on suprème_Lèader_Tsao comment (page 5 if ppl want to check). I may very well be reading in to things by thinking that your like must mean there IS a sith master comming in februari.
    In general i'm not critical at all on dev communication, but if you guys do release a major sith character in the month historically known as the sith month after saying it's differently themed than the past two years, i would consider that purposefully misleading.
    Seeying as you responded to explain the difference between a few and a couple i thought i'd give it a shot, so what's up with that like carrie?! You're sending mixed signals here.
    ps. 1st of march is fine btw
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    leef wrote: »
    What's up with this?
    New Content
    February is going to be differently themed than the past two years, as we are VERY excited to bring you Separatist droids!
    Okay, februari no longer the "sith month". PepsiAddict thought the same thing and was happy about that, Suprème_Lèader_Tsao observed that that statement was inaccurate.

All normal so far, people love to disagree, but then i saw your "like" on suprème_Lèader_Tsao comment (page 5 if ppl want to check). I may very well be reading in to things by thinking that your like must mean there IS a sith master comming in februari.
    In general i'm not critical at all on dev communication, but if you guys do release a major sith character in the month historically known as the sith month after saying it's differently themed than the past two years, i would consider that purposefully misleading.
    Seeying as you responded to explain the difference between a few and a couple i thought i'd give it a shot, so what's up with that like carrie?! You're sending mixed signals here.

I think the term "misleading" is pushing it a little in this instance no ?? maybe a little ?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef im not sure how definitive an answer we can expect since there is that aura of mystery that still is an integral part of the game.
    That HK quote is huge though and as Carrie has been defending herself semantically since the RA, she definitely chooses her words with intent and purpose. So with that being said and the release cadence of Ordo, Bastilla Fallen, Carth, and Juhani it seems like you can choose your own adventure this month whether it's Grievous and the droids or preparing for Darth Revan.
    So maybe Sithuary isnt tied into our calendar? But it is coming?

ooh, i'm doing both, but that's not the point.
    If they went out of their way to NOT make it the month everyone has been expecting after they dubbed it the "sith month" themselves only to release a major sith character in februari afterall, i would find that a [redacted] move. I'm calling it out now instead of complaining about it in hindsight when everyone will just say you should have seen it comming because while that may be true, it doesn't make it any less of a [redacted] move.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    What's up with this?
    New Content

If a Sith Lord is arriving on February 28 (because events start on Thursdays these days), that doesn’t really make February a Sith Month. It’s not misleading to say the month has a different theme if we are getting 5 things that aren’t sith and then starting a sith event on the last day.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    What's up with this?
    New Content

I think the term "misleading" is pushing it a little in this instance no ?? maybe a little ?

I don't think it is pushing it at all tbh. What would you call it if i may ask?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Darth Revan arriving on Feb 28 wouldn't turn the entire month into a Sith month or make her statement false. We have a separatist dominant month with a bunch of droids and reworks for weeks. You have a better argument calling it an Old Republic month (HK + Revan)

EDIT:
    For the month of Feb we have:

Magnaguard rework
    GG Rework
    B1 battle droid
    Droideka
    B2 Battle Droid rework

Unconfirmed HK-47 Rework
    Unconfirmed Emperor's command shuttle (March maybe?)
    Unconfirmed Possible Malevolence on the 14th Feb
    Unconfirmed Darth Revan

Assuming those unconfirmed are true... it still is a droid heavy month or as Carrie implies Droid themed month
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    What's up with this?
    New Content

I don't think it is pushing it at all tbh. What would you call it if i may ask?

Over the top maybe ? Maybe I just don't understand where your coming from...

Do you feel like there is malicious intent going on did you spend money on something because the forums said something is coming and now it's not..but a "like" on a post makes you think it is but your not sure even though once carth and juhani are available you should know it's coming even though they said said "maybe it's not" but "maybe it is" ???

I mean I get that...

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    leef im not sure how definitive an answer we can expect since there is that aura of mystery that still is an integral part of the game.
    That HK quote is huge though and as Carrie has been defending herself semantically since the RA, she definitely chooses her words with intent and purpose. So with that being said and the release cadence of Ordo, Bastilla Fallen, Carth, and Juhani it seems like you can choose your own adventure this month whether it's Grievous and the droids or preparing for Darth Revan.
    So maybe Sithuary isnt tied into our calendar? But it is coming?

ooh, i'm doing both, but that's not the point.
    If they went out of their way to NOT make it the month everyone has been expecting after they dubbed it the "sith month" themselves only to release a major sith character in februari afterall, i would find that a [redacted] move. I'm calling it out now instead of complaining about it in hindsight when everyone will just say you should have seen it comming because while that may be true, it doesn't make it any less of a [redacted] move.

I see what your saying... it has fruit. Although releasing one character even a big one is that really "the month of the sith"... as long as sith shuttle does not drop in Feb it won't be the month of the sith....maybe the "week" of the sith or if you already have the shards the "day" of the sith...but I would agree with Carrie that this won't be the "month" of the sith.

We can both agree no matter what happens there will be Winners, People who are not affected, and then the loser (just me)

EDIT although i did just put a Visor on SunFac....maybe he is the next Sion immortal and such
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019

I thought she said "in the months ahead" I did not think we would actually see that shuttle till end of mar/apr

Should be good for a Feb 2020 month of the sith once again unlock
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

I thought she said "in the months ahead" I did not think we would actually see that shuttle till end of mar/apr

Unless I'm mistaken, The road ahead content is only applicable to the current quarter (Feb / March). The QoL stuff, and everything else they talk about in the road ahead are things they plan on bringing to the game before the next quarter unless something unexpected happens that causes a delay.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Unless I'm mistaken, The road ahead content is only applicable to the current quarter (Feb / March). The QoL stuff, and everything else they talk about in the road ahead are things they plan on bringing to the game before the next quarter unless something unexpected happens that causes a delay.

but I don't have any carbantis or stun guns....new content should be banned until I haz dem.... (wink)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    What's up with this?
    New Content

If a Sith Lord is arriving on February 28 (because events start on Thursdays these days), that doesn’t really make February a Sith Month. It’s not misleading to say the month has a different theme if we are getting 5 things that aren’t sith and then starting a sith event on the last day.

If the sith character overshadows the other released i would disagree.
    I can't see any reason to go out of your way to make it a differently themed month, the only month ever to have a theme i might add, if you're gonna release a major sith character anyway? Why not just keep it the sith month and just add the other characters? Better yet, why does it have to be a themed month anyway if it's not sith themed?
    Anyway, we'll see what happens. At this point it's all just speculation.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Any chance that 5 year plan includes stuff from the now defunct expanded universe or talks of exploring that era?

Ha, that's a question that does not have an answer that will go without upsetting a bunch of people.

Which is why they hardly communicate anymore.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yay finally. Only 3 weeks late.

Now work on the next one. You have 2 months to get it out on time.
    This particular grievance has always confounded me, so I really want to understand where it comes from (I realize excitement at its core). This is what I posted back when I announced the cadence of Road Aheads:
    Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I'd like to dispel the notion that the Road Ahead should be post on the first day of the quarter. That is not always possible for many reasons. I will post it as early as I can while ensuring the content is accurate and that I can tell you enough to warrant it, but could also move it for other reasons (like getting out of the way of the Revan release).

I do appreciate the fervor though,
    -Carrie

PS. I realize my mother would tell me "couple means two" so in the spirit of not wanting to lean on the "will almost always" clause, let's say "few".

@CG_Carrie First, take it as a compliment. We love this game so much we want news as quick as possible. Second, there is a very easy solution: communicate more. All you have to do is pop on and say “We’re going to try and get the road ahead out by January 21st.” One sentence. If January 21st rolls around and you aren’t ready, hop on and make a second post that says “We weren’t able to get everything finalized for the road ahead by today. Our new target date is February 1st.” Pretty sure that would satisfy most of the community. It’s the not knowing and complete silence that drives us up the wall. This applies to everything. We understand dates will change, things are in flux, you need to get approvals, etc. Just hop on and keep us updated with a sentence or two and we’ll be way happier than we are now.
  • Monel wrote: »

Yeah thats why lmfao
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    1. They arent going to tell you everything.
    2. They dont have to tell you everything.
    3. Why would they want communicate when everytime they post people complain and make silly demands? Hopefully they can look past it because some of us appreciate it.
    4. Telling someone that there will be cake at a birthday is not misleading if there are also cookies and pizza. You should be grateful for all 3 no matter what.

I made a mod once and the amount of people that showed up and made demands and silly complaints on something that I had given them for free was astounding. It discouraged me at first. But then I just learned to ignore them. Its just the internet. It magnifies the good and the bad.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Yeah thats why lmfao

Yes that and then sometimes they just cant. The mouse doesnt like people to share secrets.

Yeah thats why lmfao

Yes that and then sometimes they just cant. The mouse doesnt like people to share secrets.

So what was the excuse for the three previous years of horrid communication. No need to answer, we know your response will be to defend cg no matter what. Its ok
  • PukeCrywalker
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Im disappointed as i was hoping for sith month.
    Nevertheless, this is also good stuff, so thank you.

Couldn't agree more about unfortunate loss of Sith/Kotor month that most people I know as well as myself were looking forward to! I mean who would(besides AhnaldT101) really rather have SEPRATISTS/General Coughs A lot reworks over what MOST of us were looking forward to since last Febuary. An unfortunate and apparent disconnect with the core demographic here. Like the toon bannings a few TWs ago, that how many of us wanted in the first place or enjoyed? Sure folks are glad to see some content over none. I usually am a happy camper with the game but this is less than underwhelming and I will not spend a dime on any Speratist/droid content where I would've spent several hundred dollars(as my account will show I have spent several thousand over the years since the games release) on gear and/or shards for Malak or whatever this month could've offered. Cool idea on raid siming and buff icon stacking; other than that see ya in March....
    Post edited by PukeCrywalker on
  • Wouldn't it be cool if after they added more separatist droids and gave the other separatist droids a rework they added master Kenobi and we need them to get him, lol

No
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Yeah thats why lmfao

So what was the excuse for the three previous years of horrid communication. No need to answer, we know your response will be to defend cg no matter what. Its ok

Not defending just explaining how it works. Maybe you work for a company that allows you to say whatever whenever you want but Disney does not work that way. Everything needs a signoff but a lot of different people. I get why you dont like that, but that wont change anything. Maybe one day you will be able to see the business side and not just your side.

Personally I'd love to have a layout of what is coming and when so I can plan to participate accordingly. But that's not going to happen because it might change how much people spend money in a negative way. Companies arent in business to make it easier on your wallet.
  • leef wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    What's up with this?
    New Content

If the sith character overshadows the other released i would disagree.
    I can't see any reason to go out of your way to make it a differently themed month, the only month ever to have a theme i might add, if you're gonna release a major sith character anyway? Why not just keep it the sith month and just add the other characters? Better yet, why does it have to be a themed month anyway if it's not sith themed?
    Anyway, we'll see what happens. At this point it's all just speculation.

Well put my friend!!

Yeah thats why lmfao

Not defending just explaining how it works. Maybe you work for a company that allows you to say whatever whenever you want but Disney does not work that way. Everything needs a signoff but a lot of different people. I get why you dont like that, but that wont change anything. Maybe one day you will be able to see the business side and not just your side.

Personally I'd love to have a layout of what is coming and when so I can plan to participate accordingly. But that's not going to happen because it might change how much people spend money in a negative way. Companies arent in business to make it easier on your wallet.

As a customer, if a company i do business with tells me i will get my catalogue every 3 months, and doesn't deliver for whatever reason, its bad and id stop doing business with them. (Which btw i have, gone completely free to play) if they couldnt come through on their word , it shows very poor business practice and planning. Not sure about your job, but mine doesn't accept late work just cause a holiday that had been on the schedule for 365 days comes up. And then postpone that 31 more days after said holiday. Not very business like in my opinion, but yeah they are running a good business lol

Yeah thats why lmfao

And yeah i called that weak defense coming, thanks
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Yeah thats why lmfao

And yeah i called that weak defense coming, thanks

Lol ok.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It’s a little boggling because it’s such an easy thing to fix. The community isn’t upset about when the road ahead was released, we’re upset about the complete lack of communication. As I mentioned in my previous post, this whole issue could be fixed by a 1-2 sentence post once a week giving us a status update. We aren’t going to blame you if things get delayed (well at least I’m not) as long as you keep us informed. It’s the complete communication blackout despite thread after thread and post after post asking for an answer that makes people angry.

This game is all about resource management and planning and it’s frustrating when we can’t plan. I know to a certain extent you need to keep us in the dark in order to make money, but we aren’t asking for specifics. All we’re doing is asking for regular updates on when you’ll tell us the specifics.
  • All I’m saying with my comment is that “meatbags” hints at an HK rework. He’s been needing an updated kit to match what the other OR characters can bring.

And HK can bridge the gap from Droids to the Sith that so many people are waiting for.

Hey, I’m open to anything that could potentially challenge the JKR meta... Droids or otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.