Rancor simming. What tier rewards?

Prev134
y2xbgeo9qa1x.jpg
What tier of rancor raid rewards would your guild require before the officers would sim it? Since the level of rewards is part of what CG is still fine tuning, let's give them an idea of what we expect as a player base to use this handy new feature instead of hitting auto and waiting 10 min.

Replies

• Options
    Personally I would expect no lower than 11-15 rewards for all guild members. Otherwise I wouldn't want to penalize those who are currently making the effort to be online when it opens.
  • Options
    Wow. Y'all setting your sights way too low. Gold box should be the absolute minimum.
  • Options
    Wow. Y'all setting your sights way too low. Gold box should be the absolute minimum.

This. My thoughts, for fairness, is the 10th place reward. Not too high, since everyone is getting it, but not so low that no one wants to do it.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Why not fifth?
  • Options

This. My thoughts, for fairness, is the 10th place reward. Not too high, since everyone is getting it, but not so low that no one wants to do it.

Yea 10th place rewards seems fine. But at the same time, they might want to stiffle leeched-on growth for newer players since it means they get raid han waaay quicker now tht simming is introduced.

Also, isn’t it lame that a <10min auto fight that happens at most once every 2 days is given a sim while the 20mins worth of autoing assault battles isnt even given a sim?
  • Options
    Why not fifth?
    ... they might want to stiffle leeched-on growth for newer players since it means they get raid han waaay quicker now tht simming is introduced.

That’s why not fifth. But the gold box should happen for sure or it’s not worth it. Maybe a combination of sorts. Gold box, 8-900 tokens, but only 5 shards?
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options

Literally one dude, the op, gave their opinion
  • Options
    Why not fifth?
    ... they might want to stiffle leeched-on growth for newer players since it means they get raid han waaay quicker now tht simming is introduced.

That’s why not fifth. But the gold box should happen for sure or it’s not worth it. Maybe a combination of sorts. Gold box, 8-900 tokens, but only 5 shards?

I can see your argument, but, the new player leech on rancor is frankly not holding a lot of water, Haat is harder, and the there’s always str, So, rancor being acknowledged as trivial, ie simmable, really should have no bearing on the leech possibility
  • Options
    I would definately prefer gold box, rank 5. My question tho was what is the minimum you would still sim instead of letting people auto. For my guild if it was anywhere below 11-15 rewards we would let people fight. Ideally higher tho.
  • Options
    Also, let’s not forget that part of the requirements is a mix of completions and number of seven star raid han owners, It’s not like one guy can solo it , out of 49 new players, unlock the sim feature , and boost all the rewards. It’s likely going to be weighted towards established players/guilds with pretty near full rosters of seven star Hans,
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Honestly, everyone in your guild should be able to solo the rancor if your guild can do Traya on farm. If they aren't going to implement a tied 1st place system then everyone should be receiving top end rewards or the H1-02 Prize Box (same throughout the guild) with a 80% chance to get a H1-01 Prize Box per guild member
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Why not fifth?

I can see your argument, but, the new player leech on rancor is frankly not holding a lot of water, Haat is harder, and the there’s always str, So, rancor being acknowledged as trivial, ie simmable, really should have no bearing on the leech possibility

The number of han shards varies by alot between ranks. It doesnt make sense for a new player who just unlocked guilds to basically leech and sim a few hpits and get han 2.5x as fast as he would have in the past. To us it is trivial, but at the starter ranks having han is really quite a big deal now.

Also, don’t forget that he is a pilot of a pretty great ship, which might now be the go-to option for newer players since it isn’t that hard to build towards unlocking chewie han and millenium falcon.

I could see them giving altered rewards, so less shards and more gear and currency though, but it may or may not happen since it means additional programming work rather than just picking an existing reward tier.

*edited for the “profanity” of a ship it is*
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Honestly, everyone in your guild should be able to solo the rancor if your guild can do Traya on farm. If they aren't going to implement a tied 1st place system then everyone should be receiving top end rewards or the H1-02 Prize Box (same throughout the guild) with a 80% chance to get a H1-01 Prize Box per guild member

What does having Traya on farm have to do with simming rancor?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options

It means ur guild should have 50 x 7* hans and doesnt give a hoot about hpit anymore other than for the really important gear that it drops.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

my bad was meant to quote the guy saying we should get rank 11 rewards

The sith raid is an example of a guild that has all 50 members that can place 1st (was going to say tank raid but I'm not sure all 50 members of a tank farming guild can solo rancor). My point is everyone is capable of placing 1st and is screwed over by RNG and getting watered down rewards doesn't make sense (below top 10). I think top 10 rewards is fine but top 10 with some chance of getting top 3 prize would be great
  • Options
    7-10 gives the best Rancor gear. Make it 1st place rewards because those are garbage.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Umm it better be first, second or third.... because i can press auto and wait 10 min and get top 3 in my guild most of the time, some times as low as 6th place.... but more often than not 1, 2 or 3
  • Options
    10th seems more than fair.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Or randomly distributed as it is currently. Why do we assume total rewards are increased due to simming? Why not just the same, but without the battling.

That could be an option, but Carrie mentioned specifically that they are still working on the reward structure
  • Options
    Tier one or why would anyone do it i'm never under top three depending on RNG so TIER ONE or not happening in my guild.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Meanwhile in CG headquarters:
    - Should we give them 40th place reward or 50th? 30 would be too much.
  • GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Personally I would expect no lower than 11-15 rewards for all guild members. Otherwise I wouldn't want to penalize those who are currently making the effort to be online when it opens.

You must be terrible at the raids if that's okay with you. I want top 3 or better if they are gonna sim it. If everyone gets less than top 5 it's not worth it at all.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    First place rewards for everyone or no sim as there will be a sim cost.
  • Options
    For the ones saying you always place top 3, what about the rest of your guild? Are you saying you wouldn't take tenth place rewards if it means everyone in your guild gets that too?
  • Options
    I say it should be 1st place rewards but get rid of the bonus loot box for finishing top 3.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    For the ones saying you always place top 3, what about the rest of your guild? Are you saying you wouldn't take tenth place rewards if it means everyone in your guild gets that too?

Im saying I want the best rewards. Why would you want less? How jarsh is the sim cost going to be?
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »

You must be terrible at the raids if that's okay with you. I want top 3 or better if they are gonna sim it. If everyone gets less than top 5 it's not worth it at all.

The ability to sim is likely going to be limited to guilds with the vast majority of players having 7* han. If you're in a guild like that and you're one of the only 5 people to be able to solo rancor, you need to find a better guild.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299