Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yay finally. Only 3 weeks late.

Now work on the next one. You have 2 months to get it out on time.
    This particular grievance has always confounded me, so I really want to understand where it comes from (I realize excitement at its core). This is what I posted back when I announced the cadence of Road Aheads:
    Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

I'd like to dispel the notion that the Road Ahead should be post on the first day of the quarter. That is not always possible for many reasons. I will post it as early as I can while ensuring the content is accurate and that I can tell you enough to warrant it, but could also move it for other reasons (like getting out of the way of the Revan release).

I do appreciate the fervor though,
    -Carrie

PS. I realize my mother would tell me "couple means two" so in the spirit of not wanting to lean on the "will almost always" clause, let's say "few".

Youve quoted yourself stating 'first couple of weeks'.
    This is the 5th week currently (the end of the 5th week).

5 is not a couple. It is typically 2.

If you want to play the language card, it is also used informally to substitute a few, so 1-3.

5 is neither 2, nor 1-3.
    If you want to say that 'within the 1st month of the quarter', say that.
    You should not get any complaints for posting it on the last day of the month, if thats what you say.
    But if you say 'a couple', you will be held to account if you are 3 weeks late to 'a couple'.

You didnt dispel anything. Either you were (and still are) talkong nonsense, or youre late. Pick one.

You know what, those are completely fair points. I could keep going down the semantic thing about, that is why I try to give myself an out like "almost always", but that's legalese and it is not my intention to be deceptive ever. It is my intention to give myself enough wiggle room for unforeseen situations, but that's where I think the communication gap happens between us, and it's not your fault, it's mine.

I'll make sure to publicly state, probably as we run up to the next Road Ahead, if I don't think I can get it out to you in the first two weeks that while it is my intention to release it in the first month of every quarter, it may come later - our commitment will be to, as we did this time around (learning from last fall), set some expectations that it's on the later end rather than the earlier and keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the insight and feedback.

And listen to your mother
  • Road ahead looks good, and is greatly appreciated. Would like to add a QoL request, that we also get a place to save different Fleets, like we have for Squads.

Give us back our 9shíp fleets we worked 2 years on!!!!!!!!!
  • Very eager for that Grievous rework update! I'm already impatient for it! Will be so fun, finally!
  • Years actually.... But i ain't spending anymore time on it, because every 3 months a person gets torn to pieces by a crocodile in north Queensland.
  • Im disappointed as i was hoping for sith month.
    Nevertheless, this is also good stuff, so thank you.

Couldn't agree more about unfortunate loss of Sith/Kotor month that most people I know as well as myself were looking forward to! I mean who would(besides AhnaldT101) really rather have SEPRATISTS/General Coughs A lot reworks over what MOST of us were looking forward to since last Febuary. An unfortunate and apparent disconnect with the core demographic here. Like the toon bannings a few TWs ago, that how many of us wanted in the first place or enjoyed? Sure folks are glad to see some content over none. I usually am a happy camper with the game but this is less than underwhelming and I will not spend a dime on any Speratist/droid content where I would've spent several hundred dollars(as my account will show I have spent several thousand over the years since the games release) on gear and/or shards for Malak or whatever this month could've offered. Cool idea on raid siming and buff icon stacking; other than that see ya in March....

I do not get your point — you talk about the majority of the core wanting Sith yet the majority of all players were and still are bitter about the huge paywall that JKR required in the SHORT amount of time with the toons being released.

If anything this allows more time to farm the necessary other KOTOR toons.

Was that not something the entire community voiced ? Yes, let’s complain about it when they give you more time to farm and to hoard as you’ll ignore this new faction.

• leef wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie (i believe this is the first time i've ever tagged a dev)
    What's up with this?
    New Content
    February is going to be differently themed than the past two years, as we are VERY excited to bring you Separatist droids!
    Okay, februari no longer the "sith month". PepsiAddict thought the same thing and was happy about that, Suprème_Lèader_Tsao observed that that statement was inaccurate.
    I’m just glad it’s no longer Sith February

Observation: This is inaccurate. The master is coming!
    All normal so far, people love to disagree, but then i saw your "like" on suprème_Lèader_Tsao comment (page 5 if ppl want to check). I may very well be reading in to things by thinking that your like must mean there IS a sith master comming in februari.
    In general i'm not critical at all on dev communication, but if you guys do release a major sith character in the month historically known as the sith month after saying it's differently themed than the past two years, i would consider that purposefully misleading.
    Seeying as you responded to explain the difference between a few and a couple i thought i'd give it a shot, so what's up with that like carrie?! You're sending mixed signals here.
    ps. 1st of march is fine btw

If a Sith Lord is arriving on February 28 (because events start on Thursdays these days), that doesn’t really make February a Sith Month. It’s not misleading to say the month has a different theme if we are getting 5 things that aren’t sith and then starting a sith event on the last day.

If the sith character overshadows the other released i would disagree.
    I can't see any reason to go out of your way to make it a differently themed month, the only month ever to have a theme i might add, if you're gonna release a major sith character anyway? Why not just keep it the sith month and just add the other characters? Better yet, why does it have to be a themed month anyway if it's not sith themed?
    Anyway, we'll see what happens. At this point it's all just speculation.

Well put my friend!!

It is their game to create as they want. It is a product we elect to buy/play if we want.

Clearly their past decisions have created some sort of expectations on our end — that somehow they are “required” to fulfill.

Why not shake things up — it’s a game that needs to grow/ adapt/ become new and fresh.

If you don’t like Droids or GG, okay, this update isn’t for you... but let’s go complain about a time when the DEVs actually listened to other players who wanted and asked for this ? And let’s complain that we get more time to farm for Malek/ Darth Revan ?

This Road Ahead is grand. They communicated their vision of this game continuing for years — after all that I’ve invested in it, this is great news.

And let’s not all act that Road Aheads are complete and that they do NOT surprise us with unexpected content.

• It only took months of asking and feedback, tournaments from GameChangers, hashtags and trends on Twitter, threats, YouTube channel deletion and a diss track (with a music video).

Thanks CG.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And it happened. And this is great news.

What were they to do — stop everything they had going on and planned and rework GG. Months of asking— and they delivered not just GG rework... b2 rework... magna rework. AND new additions of droideka and b1

Months of asking and it sounds like it will be well worth the wait
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Good stuff, im glad you're getting back to exploring alternative ways of releasing toons to just marquees. The wicket/talzin events were a great idea (just totally miscommunicated).
    The QoL changes are great, cant wait to sim my first Rancor!
    And finally GG rework!

i agree, the that event style was a good idea and an enjoyable game play mode. just need to be communicated better and maybe balanced better for the timeline of getting to 7*.

^^ also timing. MT was good because meta defining. But wicket came at a time when we needed more ds toons for ds Tb.

This 👆more events like Wicket / MT. More access to zetas would be great
  • I'm super excited about the GG rework. He needs his cape!
  • QOL Requests:

- Apply all Gear upgrades with one click.
    - Remove all mods with one click.
  • QOL Requests:

I don’t like the remove all mods one. I do frequently feel the need to start fresh with mods for fun, so a delete all mods option would be better, even the locked ones.
  • Now that we can sim Raids, can we talk about Arena sim.
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb this 5 year plan, is that 5 years from launch, or 5 years from now? Because it's the latter...yay!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I guess ppl forgot about the leaks last year
    They made us wait an extra month to announce the reworks they had planned for last year that were pushed backs for leaks. Great job , yeah. I figured with the wait ,it would be something cool not a rework that was planned for last November lol.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I'm super curious about the Galactic Chase event. Everything else sounds pretty good.
    Me, too. This was the most mysterious thing in the Road Ahead to me. I'm surprised no one else is speculating very much about it -- nothing here; nothing on Reddit; nothing on YouTube.

"This event will take place on one of the Cantina holotables, as the Command Shuttle will be immediately released to specific nodes there."

If the Shuttle were just a new farm on a Light, Dark, Cantina, or Fleet node, then that alone wouldn't constitute "a new event called the Galactic Chase." It could be a new holotable with new nodes, but since Carrie said it would involve "completing daily activities that you would already be doing anyway on these nodes," then I'm doubtful it will involve new nodes. So perhaps it will be a new holotable, but one that is somehow tied to "specific nodes" on Light, Dark, Cantina, or Fleet Battles. Will it be like quests? achievements? a new store? I guess we'll find out soon...
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    I'm super curious about the Galactic Chase event. Everything else sounds pretty good.
    Me, too. This was the most mysterious thing in the Road Ahead to me. I'm surprised no one else is speculating very much about it -- nothing here; nothing on Reddit; nothing on YouTube.

"This event will take place on one of the Cantina holotables, as the Command Shuttle will be immediately released to specific nodes there."

If the Shuttle were just a new farm on a Light, Dark, Cantina, or Fleet node, then that alone wouldn't constitute "a new event called the Galactic Chase." It could be a new holotable with new nodes, but since Carrie said it would involve "completing daily activities that you would already be doing anyway on these nodes," then I'm doubtful it will involve new nodes. So perhaps it will be a new holotable, but one that is somehow tied to "specific nodes" on Light, Dark, Cantina, or Fleet Battles. Will it be like quests? achievements? a new store? I guess we'll find out soon...
    There isn't much to say regarding Galactic Chase.

Going by your post, it sounds like a special marker that jumps around the holotable. As in, Unit X is the one we are chasing. X is currently in Cantina 3-A and after one sim (cannot be simmed?) he will now pop up in Fleet node 4-D and then X will go to LS Hard 7-A and so on... and everytime you beat X you get 1 shard of X

idk I'm hoping for more information on it
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Since Carrie is still reading stuff,

Any chance that 5 year plan includes stuff from the now defunct expanded universe or talks of exploring that era?

Ha, that's a question that does not have an answer that will go without upsetting a bunch of people.
    We are at a point where any toon announcement will upset a bunch of people

Which is why they hardly communicate anymore.

Yeah thats why lmfao

Yes that and then sometimes they just cant. The mouse doesnt like people to share secrets.

So what was the excuse for the three previous years of horrid communication. No need to answer, we know your response will be to defend cg no matter what. Its ok

Not defending just explaining how it works. Maybe you work for a company that allows you to say whatever whenever you want but Disney does not work that way. Everything needs a signoff but a lot of different people. I get why you dont like that, but that wont change anything. Maybe one day you will be able to see the business side and not just your side.

Personally I'd love to have a layout of what is coming and when so I can plan to participate accordingly. But that's not going to happen because it might change how much people spend money in a negative way. Companies arent in business to make it easier on your wallet.

As a customer, if a company i do business with tells me i will get my catalogue every 3 months, and doesn't deliver for whatever reason, its bad and id stop doing business with them. (Which btw i have, gone completely free to play) if they couldnt come through on their word , it shows very poor business practice and planning. Not sure about your job, but mine doesn't accept late work just cause a holiday that had been on the schedule for 365 days comes up. And then postpone that 31 more days after said holiday. Not very business like in my opinion, but yeah they are running a good business lol

I never used the phrase "good business" just said "business". Yup you have to meet deadlines set by your boss, we are the consumer not the boss so your comparison does not hold water.
  • Have been waiting for this rework since ages....
    About time the separatists got reworked
    Hope that these reworks will cause droids to become meta
  • Droideka wrote: »
    QOL Requests:

I don’t like the remove all mods one. I do frequently feel the need to start fresh with mods for fun, so a delete all mods option would be better, even the locked ones.

Wait, you delete all your mods for fun? Like... get rid of them all?
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Help me please, I’m literally freaking out. I quite literally have never been this excited about the game as of now! Grievous rework!!!! 🤩🥳🤩🥳
    Who else is having a heart attack?

I was freaking out!!! 🤯🤯
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    QOL Requests:

Wait, you delete all your mods for fun? Like... get rid of them all?
    It was a joke. We were suggesting terrible QOL changes.
  • Eh not too disappointed about February’s content. Gives me more time to farm OR toons while ignoring horrific prequel content. I really don’t understand people’s obsession over droids and GG. Star Wars has so much amazing lore that anything related to separatists bores me. They were pawns in a much greater scheme....
  • @CG_Carrie My friends birthdays keep popping up and they love to play this game. I don’t think giving people your extra shards will ever be a reality but how about allowing the purchasing of the character packs as a gift to them such as the Jolee Bindo/Bastila pack or Big Z etc, that way the purchase still occurs but it’s gifted. It’s a good way to make money and be able to help those who are less fortunate financially or if it’s a celebration (birthday / graduation / etc). Let me know your thoughts! There would probably need to be a decent amount of programming because of having to make sure multiple purchases aren’t done for one account, although the idea is nice.
  • Leytuhas wrote: »
    Congrats on posting the road ahead after I already read this in a speculation and leak thread. Real good job being ahead of the game on your own content.

Wondered how long it would be until the first moan, there really is no pleasing some people! I don't know why you bother coming on here if you already know it all, just to complain?

A long awaited but very promising Road ahead, good job CG, thanks :smile:

I cannot agree more..its sad to see so many entitled gamers come here and complain about everything..why even play the game if you hate it all..i can only imagine they lead miserable lives as well
  • Monel wrote: »
    Since Carrie is still reading stuff,

Any chance that 5 year plan includes stuff from the now defunct expanded universe or talks of exploring that era?

Ha, that's a question that does not have an answer that will go without upsetting a bunch of people.
    We are at a point where any toon announcement will upset a bunch of people

Which is why they hardly communicate anymore.

Yeah thats why lmfao

Yes that and then sometimes they just cant. The mouse doesnt like people to share secrets.

So what was the excuse for the three previous years of horrid communication. No need to answer, we know your response will be to defend cg no matter what. Its ok

Not defending just explaining how it works. Maybe you work for a company that allows you to say whatever whenever you want but Disney does not work that way. Everything needs a signoff but a lot of different people. I get why you dont like that, but that wont change anything. Maybe one day you will be able to see the business side and not just your side.

Personally I'd love to have a layout of what is coming and when so I can plan to participate accordingly. But that's not going to happen because it might change how much people spend money in a negative way. Companies arent in business to make it easier on your wallet.

As a customer, if a company i do business with tells me i will get my catalogue every 3 months, and doesn't deliver for whatever reason, its bad and id stop doing business with them. (Which btw i have, gone completely free to play) if they couldnt come through on their word , it shows very poor business practice and planning. Not sure about your job, but mine doesn't accept late work just cause a holiday that had been on the schedule for 365 days comes up. And then postpone that 31 more days after said holiday. Not very business like in my opinion, but yeah they are running a good business lol

I never used the phrase "good business" just said "business". Yup you have to meet deadlines set by your boss, we are the consumer not the boss so your comparison does not hold water.

So you are defending bad business practices , come on dude really? And yes if the iPhone says its coming out in may and doesnt deliver until June, there will be plenty of **** of customers, who would, get this , complain about it being late, wow what a idea. Same goes here, except this is the second time in a row they missed their own deadline , not one made by anyone else. So actually the only leaky boat here is your theory that you only have to answer to your boss and not your customers.
  • About that buff/debuff prio why not let us individually choose in a in-game list of status effects which ones we want prioritized...i guess it could depend on matchup what is more important to see
  • Ive had a gold grevious for months.
    He is so slow that he is useless.
    I assumed that every main chr from the movie would behave as they would in said movie.
    I welcome the new content.
    Surprised u havnt included some chrs, such as jaja binks, or amidalla. Last i looked i had 5 chewbaccas and 5 han solos.
    Here's an idea, a shapeshifter that morphs to one of a number of chrs every second turn. Annakin chased a shapeshifter.
    Also, most ppl dont watch the cartoon series, and find it hard to see where NS come into it.
This discussion has been closed.