If someone was starting now

I have a general question of if someone was to start this game now what would be the priority be for which characters and teams to go for?

Replies

• The first thing to work towards would be a the phoenix squad. That actually bags you two different legendary characters. (EP and Thrawn) + it can be used as a good early game squad arena team. Once you have them, you can work towards building up an empire team for you squad arena. You can then slowly move into getting R2D2 from your empire team and then work towards getting CLS, by getting all the relevant characters. Once thats done, start working on your First order team, which will bag you BB-8 leading to you getting Rey(Jedi training). RJT will take longer than the rest due to certain farms. But basically, to sum up:

1. Phoenix
    2. Empire
    3. Old ben + Leia + STH + Farmboy luke
    4. First Order
    5. Rey Scavenge + Vets + Finn + Poe

After this, you can focus on farming towards the BH/Ewoks and Old republic chars. Hope this helps
  • So avoid going for Revan from the start?
  • jojomatt wrote: »
    The first thing to work towards would be a the phoenix squad. That actually bags you two different legendary characters. (EP and Thrawn) + it can be used as a good early game squad arena team. Once you have them, you can work towards building up an empire team for you squad arena. You can then slowly move into getting R2D2 from your empire team and then work towards getting CLS, by getting all the relevant characters. Once thats done, start working on your First order team, which will bag you BB-8 leading to you getting Rey(Jedi training). RJT will take longer than the rest due to certain farms. But basically, to sum up:

1. Phoenix
    2. Empire
    4. First Order

After this, you can focus on farming towards the BH/Ewoks and Old republic chars. Hope this helps

You do not need Poe. Do not get him, he is not worth it. Don't go for it. NOT POE.

Everything else is good though, definitely do that!
  • You need to get to Dark Side stage 5 and Cantina stage 7 to unlock the toons for Revan.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So avoid going for Revan from the start?

The advice for a new player will always be to build a good base of toons, this includes a path that will get you to the legendary characters.

It's not that you cant go for him first, it's just a path that ends short and doesnt branch out that much. It can also be done as a background farm while doing the "suggested path "
  • So Phoenix seems to be the first to farm but from what I see is the first to drop once you get EP and Thrawn. What if you were focusing on ships?
  • If I were focusing on ships, I'd probably try First Order. Pretty good ships that are relatively easy to farm (KRU+Silencer) and you need 5 dark side ships to unlock zeta mats anyway.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So avoid going for Revan from the start?

If you absolutely want to go for Revan as early as possible, I would go about it like this:

1. Phoenix
    Unlocks Palpatine & Thrawn for the DS team that is necessary to farm Bastila & Jolee. Dominates in the arena early on, provides you with 2 Jedi for your later arena teams led by Bastila and later Revan, and helps in the fleet arena. Ezra and Kanan will also help unlock GM Yoda.

2. Empire
    Farms Bastila & Jolee and provides you with additional pilots for your fleet (TIE pilot and Vader, as well as Tarkin for your capital ship).

3. Old Republic
    Unlocks Revan and replaces your Phoenix arena team with a Jedi squad consisting of Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, Kanan and one more, who will also unlock GM Yoda. I recommend either Old Ben or Ahsoka for her ship (great Hound's Tooth counter). But you could also plug in Mace or Consular from free Bronziums for the time being.

From there on in, you can pick up Warrior's pillars where you left off. But personally, I'd continue with:

4. Bounty Hunters + Ships
    Provides your fleet with THE best tank, helps unlock higher fleet nodes and star up Executrix, and enables you to farm zetas from the ship ability mats challenge. Also helps unlock Chewbacca and Han's Millennium Falcon.

While the Millennium Falcon performs much better in a rebel fleet, it's still a force to be reckoned with in a mixed Executrix fleet. And you can always work on your Ackbar and Home One and add rebel ships to your roster at a later point, which would also allow you to unlock Thrawn's Chimaera.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So Phoenix seems to be the first to farm but from what I see is the first to drop once you get EP and Thrawn. What if you were focusing on ships?

They run very useful ships too.

They are a good team for the tables, GW, TW and GA. That is why many recommend them.
  • Phoenix seems to be the solid first team to go for. Really wondered if there is another team to start with that would be better
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Warriors 5 pillar system, as stated above, is the best way to get started imo. Every new player should watch that video.
  • Someone posted a fantastic diagram that showed how every legendary character & ship could be obtained.

I believe it goes Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper lead to Palpatine & Thrawn
    Phoenix (the first 5 + Sabine) allows Ghost & Phantom ships
    Palpatine, Thrawn, Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot, Tarkin lead to R2D2 as well as the Emperor's Shuttle (newly announced), TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced, & Executrix
    R2D2, Farmboy Luke, Leia, Old Ben, & Stormtrooper Han get Commander Luke
    Commander Luke allows high scores and solos in the Rancor & AAT raids, unlocking Han Solo & General Kenobi
    Wedge & Biggs and their ships; Cassian, Jyn, and K2SO and Cassian's U-Wing, & the Phoenix Ships & Thrawn unlock Chimera
    Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Mission, & Zaalbar unlock Revan
    Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben unlock Grandmaster Yoda
    Both versions of Kylo Ren, Phasma, First Order Stormtrooper, & First Order Officer unlock BB-8 plus TIE Silencer & Kylo's Shuttle
    BB-8, Scavenger Rey, Finn, & Veteran Smugglers Han & Chewie unlock Jedi Training Rey
    Bossk, Boba Fett, IG-88, Cad Bane, & Dengar unlock Chewbacca plus 4 ships
    Bounty Hunter ships plus raid Han & legendary Chewie unlock Milenium Falcon
  • jojomatt wrote: »
    The first thing to work towards would be a the phoenix squad. That actually bags you two different legendary characters. (EP and Thrawn) + it can be used as a good early game squad arena team. Once you have them, you can work towards building up an empire team for you squad arena. You can then slowly move into getting R2D2 from your empire team and then work towards getting CLS, by getting all the relevant characters. Once thats done, start working on your First order team, which will bag you BB-8 leading to you getting Rey(Jedi training). RJT will take longer than the rest due to certain farms. But basically, to sum up:

1. Phoenix
    2. Empire
    4. First Order

would it be too late to farm BH? since many events needs BH or Scoudrels. i am opening a 2nd account trying to start with nightsisters(buying cards)+pheonix(using energy and shipments)+BH(using energy and shipments). or am I being too greedy and unrealistic?
  • If say walk away very quickly... sigh
  • So Ewoks? cause they can beat everything else and are easy to farm.
  • If you are f2p, you'll have to manage your resources at the maximum. Phoenix characters are cheap and easy to farm before 65 lvl, help you with pve content and very good fleet arena. I started an f2p alt around June, imao avoid to invest for the moment in Palpatine and Thrawn; this is what happens with Arena: first (before 65) lots of phoenix, top ranks whales or dolphins (p2p) with 10-15 levels adventage (even with better characters that can be purchased via packs and bundles); next (before 75) people switch to Palpatine teams (usually Vader, Thrawn and 2 others: TIE pilot, Tarkin, Sith Trooper, Nihilus, Sion, Bastila (fallen)), or current panic farm toons (in my case was Bounty Hunters and Old Republic) and again, top ranks with same or higher level adventage; gradually, Arena switch to current meta. So by the time top ranks reach level 85 with solid arena squad and good economy (cause crystals incoming) if you are f2p you will be between 75-80, struggling gearing characters that will not help you (in this stage) to obtain better incoming. So my advice is to focus farm Phoenix characters and ships, and start as soon as possible to farm Bounty Hunters pilots and ships (Boba Fett, Cad Bane, IG-88 and Bossk) and focus only in your arena squads (character and fleet). Switching Phoenix for BH in arena allow you to hold 150-50 rank, but if you invest in a solid fleet squad the incoming crystals will be enough to compensate (I've finished 1st almost every day). Fleet recomendation Ackbar capital ship, Phantom, Ghost and Kylo Unmasked TIE Silencer; gearing and upgrading this toons/character hold you in top 20s arena, once your BH fleet be included, your ranks will climb, adding Millenium Falcom makes your fleet an invencible one unless your opponents have it. Also, try to find a guild that are at least doing heroic Rancor. Finally, once you finish your farm in Squad Rena Shop and Cantina Battles Store, invest in Ship Buildng Materials and Prestige, those are hard to adquire in other places, and you need it to be competitive in fleet arena. And, as others says in early posts, Warriors 5 pillars is a good begginers guide. Cheers
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    First off all dont start this game now, most ppl are leaving, after the dev team fk up the arenas
  • You definitely need to have some scoundrels developed for credit heists. These can be BH's as they are all scoundrels but you can also get ST Han (needed for CLS anyway).

You don't need to spend tons of resources on them. Just star and level them up a little bit at a time (while focusing on your main characters) until you can beat the highest Credit Heist tier.
  • Phoenix --> Empire --> CLS rebels still seems like the optimal starting path, with a sidebar in there to build up some scoundrels enough to complete Credit Heists. Actually, now I might replace "scoundrels" with "bounty hunters" or "smugglers" since every BH and smuggler is also a scoundrel, and those factions are used for their own events.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Darthsm
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I started in July 2018. I get why ppl say phoenix first. I went that route on my first account. I've never seen top 100 arena or top 5 fleet. Months after being done with phoenix, I have thrawn/palp/r2/cls, I still struggle to stay in the top 200

On my 2nd acct, created a few weeks later, I focused on KRU-TP-FOX first in cantina, FoTP from ls/ds nodes, foo from cantina, ships and ahsoka from gw. This acct. has stayed in top 100 arena and top 5 fleet for weeks after hitting 85. I also focused on boba, greedo, and cad bane for heists. This path gets you to bb8/jtr first.

Phoenix is a terrible squad to play with, I had a horrible time leveling/using them in arena. Thrawn-r2-cls is better to focus on as a side project once you're level 85 because so many of the characters are useless in most aspects of the game when you're still leveling up. If you choose phoenix path first, enjoy timed-out arena matches and much longer times to get through gw.

My opinion

Post edited by Darthsm on
  • Some good advices here. For ships, I'd suggest going for KRU asap for a pilot/ship easy combo.
  • Another advice would be focus on ships asap, you will have better chance to be in the top 20 in ships then in arena, you will earn a lot of crystals, that could help ! Be smart, if you know that too much people are targeting top 100 in arena, ships arena is way much easy if you anticipate it!
  • So Phoenix seems to be the first to farm but from what I see is the first to drop once you get EP and Thrawn. What if you were focusing on ships?

IMHO; if you are focusing on ships I would still start with Phoenix, then Empire then First Order. Phoenix ships are decent, empire can get you a solid Tarkin, Vader and TFP and FO will get you a couple of solid ships too. Should allow you to start doing the tarkin zeta material challenge quickly. Biggs would be a good toon and ship to build and farm Bossk and HT as soon as possible.