Will The Separatist Rework Be Meta Defying?

Replies

• Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Grievous should be a Jedi and nightsister killer.

Need anti 3po more than that. A wall of Zfinn/3po/han/chewie/RT is hard to take down. Lucky to get a turn

Easy fix: stun 3PO with your solo. Game over.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Grievous should be a Jedi and nightsister killer.

Need anti 3po more than that. A wall of Zfinn/3po/han/chewie/RT is hard to take down. Lucky to get a turn

Yeah but I was going with how the show and movie played out. Grievous did not attack C3PO. That’d actually be hilarious though if he did.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    If they released a TL synergy toon with something like: while X unit is active, Target lock cannot be evaded, and enemies cannot gain buffs or cleanse while target locked.

That might do it. Tactical Droid might be fun.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I have a sneaking suspicion people will go ham on Grievous and droids and they'll end up being lackluster. I dunno why.
    VonZant wrote: »
    If they released a TL synergy toon with something like: while X unit is active, Target lock cannot be evaded, and enemies cannot gain buffs or cleanse while target locked.

Isn't IG88 with his zeta already pretty close to this? I can't be bothered to look it up at the moment.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I've decided to just stop chasing the meta and max out the FO faction. Should have them all done by December and be ready for something the first time. ;)
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion people will go ham on Grievous and droids and they'll end up being lackluster. I dunno why.

Isn't IG88 with his zeta already pretty close to this? I can't be bothered to look it up at the moment.

Imperial Probe Droid's zeta stops characters from being able to gain buffs while target locked and IG88's zeta prevents them from being able to gain health and protection while target locked. If say Grievous or HK47 is given an ability that will prevent target lock from being dispelled (as thermal detonators were for bounty hunters), droids would immediately become a deadly team.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Imperial Probe Droid's zeta stops characters from being able to gain buffs while target locked and IG88's zeta prevents them from being able to gain health and protection while target locked. If say Grievous or HK47 is given an ability that will prevent target lock from being dispelled (as thermal detonators were for bounty hunters), droids would immediately become a deadly team.

I'd say can't be dispelled is less important than can't be evaded. If its meant to be anti-Jedi foresight will be the issue. Doesnt matter if you cant dispell it if you never get it to stick in the first place.

Anyway. Just speculation-fun. Lets see what they come with. Ive got confidence.

And to be really speculative and far looking I'm assuming Galactic Republic faction rework (hopefully) would then be anti-droid.

So Droids counter OR Jedi. GR Jedi Counter Droids. And OR Jedi Counter lots of other things.

Rock paper, etc.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm interested in seeing if his kit is limited to Droids synergy or droids + separatist

He'll be like other reworks, almost meta but not quite like every other rework

@ultra

‘Twas not the case when EP/Vader got their reworks.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • VonZant wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I'd say can't be dispelled is less important than can't be evaded. If its meant to be anti-Jedi foresight will be the issue. Doesnt matter if you cant dispell it if you never get it to stick in the first place.

Anyway. Just speculation-fun. Lets see what they come with. Ive got confidence.

And to be really speculative and far looking I'm assuming Galactic Republic faction rework (hopefully) would then be anti-droid.

So Droids counter OR Jedi. GR Jedi Counter Droids. And OR Jedi Counter lots of other things.

Rock paper, etc.

That's already covered by Imperial Probe Droid's Detect skill. It can't be evaded and dispels all buffs and has a 75% chance to target lock all enemies.
  • Dahtcha + EethKoth + Ima-Gun Di + Ugnaught + Jawa/JawaScavenger = end of all droids...

>:)
  • Fringilla_Vigo
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I remember at least five significant reworks and all of them were different:

1) Ewoks - coming from the "trash" category, they became "valid for some aspects" (especially if maxed), but nowhere close to meta defining

2) Nightsisters - coming from the "trash" to a very powerful faction, close to "meta defining" and useful in almost every possible aspect of the game

3) Vader and Palpatine rework - "Meta defining" straigh off the bat, and for relatively long

4) GMY - Not meta defining until... arrival of Bastilla

5) Bounty Hunters - form "barely viable" to the solid force in almost every aspect of the game except for the Arena.

Where will GG and separatist droid fit - it is hard to tell. But it is almost guaranteed that it is going to be at least a force to be reckon with...

If you ask me for my opionion - I would love to see the paper/scissors/rock system, with Grevious being Jedi killer, Revan - Traya and CLS killer, , Traya - Grevious killer , CLS - Traya and Grevious killer etc..

It would benefit payers with the wide roster, not the "narrow meta" chasers, switching mods for the "flavor of the month".

But that is just me...
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    I don't think so. It'll be an anti-Revan (or anti-Jedi if there are going to be new jedi leads in the future) option but will be easily beaten by anything else (Traya, CLS, ...). The new meta will be Darth Revan at the end of this month/in march.

My guess is if anything, there could be a Darth Revan intermediate character that you need to get legendary Darth Malak, and *he* will be potentially meta-shifting. (Maybe with OR ships and an OR capital?)
  • evoluza wrote: »
    That new reinforcement ability to call in more B1 will be OP

It's a bit too early to tell, but the main question is whether it is going to mimic the zombie mechanics or is it going to be something different.

The different possibilities that are cming to my mind are:

1) B1 dies permanently only if the leader dies (or GG dies)
    2) B1 dies permanently if alone, but no taunt ("zombie like", but attacker)
    3) B1 replaces every defeated droid (strong attack, low health pool) and they start to die only when there are no other toons on the battlefield)

Option 3 would be awesome, but not likely (match going on for too long)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    That new reinforcement ability to call in more B1 will be OP

It's a bit too early to tell, but the main question is whether it is going to mimic the zombie mechanics or is it going to be something different.

The different possibilities that are cming to my mind are:

1) B1 dies permanently only if the leader dies (or GG dies)
    2) B1 dies permanently if alone, but no taunt ("zombie like", but attacker)
    3) B1 replaces every defeated droid (strong attack, low health pool) and they start to die only when there are no other toons on the battlefield)

Option 3 would be awesome, but not likely (match going on for too long)

A variation of 3:
    Every droid starts the battle with "Separatist reinforcements" buff, can't be dispelled or copied.
    Separatist reinforcements: When this unit is defeated, replace it with a B1 droid (no Separatist reinforcements on it).
  • I could see the B1 having something similar to what we saw with the IT toons in the most recent TW. B1 will have a counter above its head and will be replaced X amount of times during the battle.

GG gets a new zeta tacked on to his Sinister Laugh that allows him to rez any dead droid. If no droids are dead when he uses it then B1's counter goes up 1.
  • I feel like if there’s any time for them to go all out on a rework, it’s now. Last year it was Vader and Palpatine, this year it’ll hopefully be grievous and the rest of the droids. I hope at least the are on the same level as bounty hunters or nightsister, where they’re at least partially viable. I just don’t know if they’ll make characters that old and that everyone has the new meta.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    I feel like if there’s any time for them to go all out on a rework, it’s now. Last year it was Vader and Palpatine, this year it’ll hopefully be grievous and the rest of the droids. I hope at least the are on the same level as bounty hunters or nightsister, where they’re at least partially viable. I just don’t know if they’ll make characters that old and that everyone has the new meta.

Not sure if everyone really has GG, the farm is tedious and there is better stuff to get from the shard store. I don't think many newer players have him.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Grievious will be a jedi killer, therefore Grievious squad will counter Revan's squad

General Grievous + New Droids + Separatist Rework = Revan Slayers
    That would be super stupid.
    1. General Grievous, a cyborg that got pretty much soloed by a single jedi in canon... As a counter for a best jedi there is?
    2. Reworking the worst-of-the-worst faction ever to be a hard counter for the best jedi team so far, really?
    3. Jedi were an easy prey for ages. This faction was pretty much useless until Bastila became f2p. Now, it's only been like half a year since Jedi started to be competitive. Sure, why not just drop them back into abyss? That's one great way to punish all who whaled to get JKR the first time, and all those who've put an effort to get him the second time.
    4. Actually, if droids were so good then why would good old Palps need Vader to bring Jedi Order down?
    If you want a hard counter for Revan, it's Emperor Vitiate. He's kind of a self-made God of Death in Star Wars Universe. And the one who actually defeated Revan. Like, twice.
    Post edited by Revan_Presence on
  • Grievious will be a jedi killer, therefore Grievious squad will counter Revan's squad

General Grievous + New Droids + Separatist Rework = Revan Slayers
    That would be super stupid.
    1. General Grievous, a cyborg that got pretty much soloed by a single jedi in canon... As a counter for a best jedi there is?
    2. Reworking the worst-of-the-worst faction ever to be a hard counter for the best jedi team so far, really?
    3. Jedi were an easy prey for ages. This faction was pretty much useless until Bastila became f2p. Now, it's only been like half a year since Jedi started to be competitive. Sure, why not just drop them back into abyss? That's one great way to punish all who whaled to get JKR the first time, and all those who've put an effort to get him the second time.
    4. Actually, if droids were so good then why would good old Palps need Vader to bring Jedi Order down?
    If you want a hard counter for Revan, it's Emperor Vitiate. He's kind of a self-made God of Death in Star Wars Universe. And the one who actually defeated Revan. Like, twice.

First of all, Grievous wasn’t a pushover in terms of killing Jedi, and revan wasn’t the best Jedi there was. (That would be yoda, or in legends, GM Luke). Grievous was regarded as the greatest Jedi killer of all time behind Vader. (and grievous isn’t even force sensitive)

Secondly, the Jedi have had their time in the sun, being pretty much unchallenged in every part of the game since revan dropped. Separatists have never had any glory (except B2, and the bugs in fleet) and if they are a counter to Jedi, that doesn’t mean they’ll counter sith, rebels, NS, resistance, BH, and whatever other meta or semi meta teams are out there.

In short, the GG and the seps are worthy of being a counter to Jedi, and although they might be a foil to the dominance of revan in arena, that doesn’t mean they’ll eclipse everyone.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    The rise of Eeth Koth
    Jaws-Movie-Poster-with-Jawas--56638.jpg
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm interested in seeing if his kit is limited to Droids synergy or droids + separatist

He'll be like other reworks, almost meta but not quite like every other rework

@ultra

‘Twas not the case when EP/Vader got their reworks.
    I think EP/Vader rework were different since CG was pushing for the Sith meta -- 2 weeks later Darth Sion was released that made them meta + Darth Nihilus and Sith Trooper got a rework to buff Traya which in turn made EP more powerful and dominant until people were able to unlock her. Which proves your point, GG rework combined with the two new toons might make them meta dominant. I figured it would be like Bounty Hunters but you've changed my mind with the EP/Vader callback
  • I think I agree with people who think the droid rework will be a temporary stop gap against the current meta, and I think it will resemble the Nightsisters... they have their moments in Arena, even now, but they require an offensive hand to truly guide them. I think they'll have that same kind of PvE and GA/TW type of viability that Sisters have, and offer everyone a second Sister like option. And I do think they will be made with the intent of being effective specifically against Jedi.

But the monetization is limited to B1 and Droideka, so no, this doesn't have the same signature for meta that the current trend shows. Darth Revan and darkside OR is the next true meta, as it will take disciplined efforts to farm effectively for what is bound to be a Darth Revan or Darth Malek legendary (or both).

That all being said, I can't wait to see a REAL General Grievous at work.
  • Revan_Presence
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    First of all, Grievous wasn’t a pushover in terms of killing Jedi, and revan wasn’t the best Jedi there was. (That would be yoda, or in legends, GM Luke). Grievous was regarded as the greatest Jedi killer of all time behind Vader. (and grievous isn’t even force sensitive)
    GG was killing Jedi who forgot how to fight after centuries of peace. As of the Old Rpublic era, there were Great Hyperspace War, Great Sith War, Mandalorian Wars, Jedi Civil War. Learn canon and try judging by the enemies, at least. GG was killed by a single jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, who almost got smashed by Jango Fett, the single mandalorian. Revan led a war against whole army of Mando'ade and single-handedly defeated their War Leader, Mand'alor the Ultimate. As of Yoda and Luke, they both got defeated by Emperor Palpatine. And Palpatine is nothing if compared to Emperor Vitiate, the one who never needed no fleet, no tool like Death Star, and no army but himself to wipe out every living thing on entire planet.
    Secondly, the Jedi have had their time in the sun, being pretty much unchallenged in every part of the game since revan dropped. Separatists have never had any glory (except B2, and the bugs in fleet) and if they are a counter to Jedi, that doesn’t mean they’ll counter sith, rebels, NS, resistance, BH, and whatever other meta or semi meta teams are out there.
    You are so wrong. The sith ruled over the arena for centuries, which isn't really canon-wise. In canon, no sith reign lasted long after being caught in Jedi iron sights.
    In short, the GG and the seps are worthy of being a counter to Jedi, and although they might be a foil to the dominance of revan in arena, that doesn’t mean they’ll eclipse everyone.
    GG should be reworked in order to be competetive against jedi teams. But not to the point where he'll be able to stomp Revan or Bastila lead. That would be such a nonsense. Bastila's battle meditation were strongest in the entire Star Wars history, and Revan was the greatest jedi War Leader. Absolutely no droid should be able to top it.
    Post edited by Revan_Presence on
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    There's no money in GG, B2 or Magnaguard and no one is likely whaling on two marquee droids with Darth Revan on the horizon. So unlikely to be meta defining. This is just filler material to get the community to shut up about GG rework.

Magnaguard will likely be the best of the 3 existing toons, simply cause his gear is a pain and he needs more Carbs than Revan, but he's farmable from a 10 cost cantina. GG is a relatively easy gear and will need a major stat overhaul, especially speed (he's 118 maxed I believe) to be viable. Same with B2 - he doesn't have a bad kit on paper, just the power creep has left him in the trash (similar to Sunfac)

At best he'll be a good team in TW or GA, maybe in SithRaid

I wouldn't be surprised if the OR toons become farmable at the same time we are distracted by the emperor's shuttle.

My prediction:
    8th Feb - Emperor'l shuttle
    W/c 11th - one marquee
    W/c 18th - 2 reworks
    W/c 25th - GG rework, one marquee
    1st March - Revan
  • Soo... my question is how long after the rework will people be complaining about how hard GG is to get?