Able to 7* Chewie?

Prev1
hotdeaths
152 posts Member
edited February 2019
I put up a post a while ago, but my roster has changed a fair bit since.

Got

Boba, IG, Dengar, Greedo and Cad Bane all gear 11.
Boba 205 speed, 70% potency 50 CC 180 CD (only mods, not accounting uniques/leaders)
Dengar 172 speed, 46% potency
Greedo 210 speed, 60% potency 50% CC 200 CD
Cad 178 speed, 50% potency 50k protection, 50% CC 180 CD
Ig 190 Speed (12k health 17k protection) 70% potency 50% CC 150CD

Is this good enough?

I'm thinking I'll probably get the gear for Boba ready, but it would be my 2nd G12 and I'd rather prioritise other toons. And no, I didn't do Bossk, haven't even started him - busy with Wicket and Shoretrooper at the moment (need ship to start getting fleet masteries knocked out).

I have too much time to try, just need to know if it's possible,

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have Bobas execute zetad.

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    IG 88 is not a good option for chewie event due to health pool and his AOE. Gear wise you are at that spot where you will need good RNG to win but possible if your either patient or lucky or both. Just dont know if the other four plus IG 88 will be enough to do it. I Did it with bossk lead and dengar, greedo, boba, and cad ban, but mine were all G12+ with all Zetas and while I did it first attempt it wasnt easy...dengar and boba were the soul survivors at the end.
  • I think you should invest in Bossk, zeta lead and G12. That is a key factor to beat the event with relative ease. The rest can be G11, but you should definitely drop IG, or at least avoid using his aoe at all in the event.
    Still, if you don't want to invest in Bossk (worth it for the ship alone), you should G12 all your current toons and up their speed to around +100 from mods (with potency set on all of them, except for Boba with CD+CC). It is the minimum if you don't want to restart tens of times until you get favourable RNG.

On a side note, Bossk definitely trumps Wicket and since they are still planning to fix the C3PO zFinn interaction, you'll get more bang for your buck if you focus on Chewy instead of C3.
  • IG88 is possible the worst bounty hunter for this event, second only to Zam.

If you’re using Boba, you need to have really really high speed and potency. Do you mean you have Boba’s unique zeta’d? Since Execute doesn’t have a zeta.
  • IG88 is possible the worst bounty hunter for this event, second only to Zam.

If you’re using Boba, you need to have really really high speed and potency. Do you mean you have Boba’s unique zeta’d? Since Execute doesn’t have a zeta.

Yup my bad zeta unique.
  • Kol8Ajawa wrote: »
    2uwbx20tcojj.jpg
    Here is what you can expect with a team similar to yours. This was a guildie of mine, I did it with all G11 except Boba G12 and it took me even longer. Got him on the last day. No zetas, no Bossk

Insane mods?
  • Kokie wrote: »
    IG 88 is not a good option for chewie event due to health pool and his AOE. Gear wise you are at that spot where you will need good RNG to win but possible if your either patient or lucky or both. Just dont know if the other four plus IG 88 will be enough to do it. I Did it with bossk lead and dengar, greedo, boba, and cad ban, but mine were all G12+ with all Zetas and while I did it first attempt it wasnt easy...dengar and boba were the soul survivors at the end.

Would I have enough time with a refresh a day?
  • Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It will be the third time we see the event. No excuse not to have Bossk ready by now!
    Like mentioned by Kokie, IG is not a good choice for this event.
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

If you are starting from zilch, yeah, you can get bossk to 7* if you refresh his node once a day.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    It would be close but if I was in your position I would push hard for bossk...even if you have to occasionally buy some shards in shipments. I dont know your position crystal wise or if your f2p or p2p so my opinion is only that....an opinion but I will say a 7* chewie is worth the price of admission
  • I used Bossk (L) w/ both zetas, Cad, Greedo, Dengar, and Boba. The only G11 was Cad, everyone else was G12. Bossk has some incredible mods I had been saving for him which gave him 259 overall speed and really high health and protection.

No excuse not to have him, since I’ve been ftp for a while
  • Chances of success with the following?

zBossk 220 speed, G12, 75,000 protection before leadership
    Boba 210 speed, G11, CD/CC, 216%
    Cad 190 speed, G11, CD/CC, 216%
    Zam 235 speed, G11, speed/potency, 186%
    Greedo 180 speed, G11, CC, 186%

I can possibly have Jango 7* in time to replace any one of them but probably won't have a geared-up and 7* Dengar by the next event.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Chances of success with the following?

I can possibly have Jango 7* in time to replace any one of them but probably won't have a geared-up and 7* Dengar by the next event.

Very possible but I question having Zam in that squad, since she doesn’t add much at all. But I would also get Boba to G12, or he is too squishy. And without Dengar it’ll be very difficult
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Chances of success with the following?

Dengar is clutch, but once again I think with good RNG and bossk lead you can pull it off. I know a couple of my guildmates pulled it off without dengar but I think they aged 10 years in the process lol
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If you’re curious what I used: https://swgoh.gg/squads/138988

@hotdeaths
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    It will be the third time we see the event. No excuse not to have Bossk ready by now!
    Like mentioned by Kokie, IG is not a good choice for this event.

Yeah I know I know but I had to catch up on other events due to returning (I stopped just as phoenix came out had to catch on cls and rey + thrawn)
  • hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

If you are starting from zilch, yeah, you can get bossk to 7* if you refresh his node once a day.

@mesa176750 You sure? I can do 2 crystal refreshes a day if I drop all my farms, but I dont want to do it unless I can get him 7* certain. Don't really want to buy shipments, but is that advised?
  • I did it with g12 bossk, g11 cad bane, g10 boba, and g9 greedo and dengar. Only took around 10 attempts.
  • 330 shards, 30% drop rate = 990 attempts. 8 attempts/day (before refresh) = 124 days. 2 node refreshes cuts that down to 41 days. Plenty of time for Chewie's return.

If you already have him at 3* from the marquee event, it gets even easier. 105 days, or 35 days at 2 node refreshes.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • 330 shards, 30% drop rate = 990 attempts. 8 attempts/day (before refresh) = 124 days. 2 node refreshes cuts that down to 41 days. Plenty of time for Chewie's return.

If you already have him at 3* from the marquee event, it gets even easier. 105 days, or 35 days at 2 node refreshes.

Thank you! Unfortunately hadn't returned playing when his marquee was around. I'll get Wicket to 5* (around 10 more shards then I'll burnout bossk. His gearing seems easy enough too - nothing unreasonable.
  • My Bossk is my only truly maxed toon - G12+5, both zetas, 4/6 6* mods. Don't regret it at all. He's a beast.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Will have a team of Jango, Boba, Embo, Dengar, Greedo by the time Chewie comes back. Should be enough with all but Dengar g12.
  • My Bossk is my only truly maxed toon - G12+5, both zetas, 4/6 6* mods. Don't regret it at all. He's a beast.
    Embo makes Chuck Norris envious but Bossk makes him cry like a baby. ;)
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    My Bossk is my only truly maxed toon - G12+5, both zetas, 4/6 6* mods. Don't regret it at all. He's a beast.
    Embo makes Chuck Norris envious but Bossk makes him cry like a baby. ;)

Yeah - trying hard to get Embo to 7*. Greedo is making me a sad panda in FSR.
  • There is a video out there of some doing it without Bossk or Dengar. I think they showed it with Embo lead. Might have been Thunderwack?
  • @Salatious_Scrum @Kokie

Would 7* Jango be a better investment than gearing up Zam/Greedo any further? He's about to hit 5* from the HT farm so he'll be 7* well before the event. I could probably get him to g10-11 rather quickly.
    @Salatious_Scrum @Kokie

Would 7* Jango be a better investment than gearing up Zam/Greedo any further? He's about to hit 5* from the HT farm so he'll be 7* well before the event. I could probably get him to g10-11 rather quickly.

I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a worse choice.
  • Fair enough.
    Fair enough.

I mean Greedo has that whole chain attack on crit, and the tm removal/stun. But he's squishy and his bonus attacks are RNG reliant.

Zam is, well, I don't even know really. Good supposedly with a TD team but...

Jango, on the other hand, has the same self-res that Boba has plus taunt ignore and prot recovery.