Galactic Chase-Emperor's Shuttle [MEGA]

Prev1345678
crzydroid
7253 posts Moderator
edited February 2019
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are introducing Galactic Chase, a new type of event! During a Galactic Chase, you can earn shards or blueprints for a new character or ship by playing a particular type of node (hard, Dark Side, Cantina, Fleet, etc.).

Starting on midnight February 8th (Player Local Time), blueprints for the EMPEROR’S SHUTTLE will be available as a bonus reward on any Fleet Battles node until February 12th!

This new ship's blueprints have a drop rate of 4% per point of Ship Energy per attempt (8 = 32%, 10 = 40%, 16 = 64%, 20 = 80%). Please note that each attempt is an independent event.

DEV POST
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    Reserved
  • Don't they already do this for the Jedi Consular and Geonosian Soldier? It seems like I get a few shards of theirs for every battle that I do since they are on so many nodes
  • Well you can be sure that Carth or Juhani wont appear on fleet battle nodes then :)

• Don't they already do this for the Jedi Consular and Geonosian Soldier? It seems like I get a few shards of theirs for every battle that I do since they are on so many nodes

GSoldier has exactly ONE node. Consular does have 4 though.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Well you can be sure that Carth or Juhani wont appear on fleet battle nodes then :)

This is a good thing. Lol!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • The big question is how many stars to unlock? It will really decide if I go all out during this event or not.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Hmmmm.....a 80% drop rate on a 20 energy node is pretty flipping good. So lets do some math.

100 Energy = 5 Shard (Give or Take)
    500 Energy = 2 Star Unlock
    1,000 Energy = 3 Star Unlock
    2,900 Energy = 5 Star Unlock
    6,600 Energy = 7 Star Unlock
    So probably 6800-7200 Energy to Max

That is going to be quite a bit of energy.
  • How often does the event come back?
  • The big question is how many stars to unlock? It will really decide if I go all out during this event or not.

I don't think it's an event per se -

It will just move around the holo-tables every so often. The amount of crystals you'd have to throw at fleet energy to get it (7*) in the 4 days it's in fleet would be astronomical.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    The big question is how many stars to unlock? It will really decide if I go all out during this event or not.

This is the important question that needs to be answered. A 2-3 star unlock could be good for younger fleet players, but my guess is probably 3 or 5 stars.
  • So is this going to be a continuous thing that rotates tables or will it run for a few days on one table and then have a time gap before it comes back on another table?
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    ... I also think we'll get screwed on the drop rates, unless you pay money as per usual. ..

How? This is the first time they've actually flat out stated the drop rate.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....a 80% drop rate on a 20 energy node is pretty flipping good. So lets do some math.

It doesn't matter which node you farm. That's why they set the drop rates the way they did. No matter which energy node you pick, you should get about the same number of shards.
  • and when all are at 0 crystal for emperor shuttle... JUHANI AND CARTH =) u are genious!!!
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I like this. This seems like it'll be a cool way to release new characters/ships.
  • My guess is 4* unlock, the only toons that unlock @ 5* are legendaries, hoda, and wampa. 4* makes the most sense as you could get fairly close to 80 shards in 4 days f2p if you do well in arenas
  • HK22 wrote: »

100 energy averages 4 shards, that should be your baseline. That puts a 7* unlock at 8250 energy.

If you just use free energy generated over the 4 days (120 + 45 each day, so 660 in total), you average around 25-26 shards this cycle.
  • Tarah wrote: »
    and when all are at 0 crystal for emperor shuttle... JUHANI AND CARTH =) u are genious!!!

Maybe they will put Juhani and Carth in fleet nodes so we can do both ... not!

• Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    HK22 wrote: »

100 energy is not 100% so u get probably 4 shards...

• First let's see if this ship is any good...
  • Hankenstein
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Man what I would give to get those drop rates on the existing shards for those nodes....some days I average 10% drop on the 20 energy nodes.

This might even be better than double drops at times.
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    ... I also think we'll get screwed on the drop rates, unless you pay money as per usual. ..

Weren't they forced to do so? And still the drop rates will be crap. We all know that.

They disclosed drop rates for packs but not character shards.
    NoomiZ wrote: »

Weren't they forced to do so? And still the drop rates will be crap. We all know that.

They disclosed drop rates for packs but not character shards.

i see about 3/10 on every node

• Calx
    112 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

Your math is slightly off. Since it's 0.04% drop rate per energy, that's equivalent to 25 ship energy per expected shard.

Stars | Shards | Ship Energy
    1-star --> 10 --> 250
    2-stars --> 25 --> 625
    3-stars --> 50 --> 1250
    4-stars --> 80 --> 2000
    5-stars --> 145 --> 3625
    6-stars --> 230 --> 5750
    7-stars --> 330 --> 8250

Using 3 ship energy refreshes per day (x100 crystals each, x300 total), you could expect to finish in 15.71 days.
    Using 6 ship energy refreshes per day (x150 crystals each, x900 total), you could expect to finish in 9.32 days.

Working backwards, in order to spend 8250 energy in 4 days, you would need 2062.5 energy per day.
    Subtract out the 24hr x 5 of natural energy, and the 45 of bonus energy, and you still need 1897.5 energy per day.
    That's 15.8 ship energy refreshes, granting 120 energy per refresh. I'm not even sure what the crystal cost is past the first 5 or 6...
  • So does it go away on the 12th? Does it move? If it goes when does it come back? Once a month? Every three? How’s about that “increased clarity of communication” we talked about, @CG_Carrie?
    Ooba hutar.
  • Hmm.
    1000 is the pre-load limit
    525 energy per day is 3x refreshes
    3625 energy over the event duration (including preload)
    4% drop rate gives ...... drumroll..... 145 shards exactly

Obviously real RNG will vary, but that's a weirdly exact number to be accidental.
  • How regularly does the event return?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    If one of those Fleet Bonus Energy Packs drops during this event, you better believe people will take advantage of it.