Galactic Chase-Emperor's Shuttle [MEGA]

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    How regularly does the event return?

Important question that nobody is asking. Hopefully not just once a month.
  • Lio wrote: »

Agree. The post just says playing "particular nodes" - so does it move? The Road Ahead said it was on nodes we were already spending energy. This rollout has been very confusing.
  • jbs2886 wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »

Agree. The post just says playing "particular nodes" - so does it move? The Road Ahead said it was on nodes we were already spending energy. This rollout has been very confusing.

The post said that blueprints and character shards would be available on different nodes at different times. I wonder if we are getting a new character too.

"We are introducing Galactic Chase, a new type of event! During a Galactic Chase, you can earn shards or blueprints for a new character or ship by playing a particular type of node (hard, Dark Side, Cantina, Fleet, etc.)."
  • This sounds awesome. I hope we get a kit reveal soon.
  • Does anyone ever buy those energy packs? If so are they worth it?
  • I think a lot of people here have it wrong. I think this 4 days is all we get to farm it. They said these would occur again on different node types, but I think they are referring to the NEXT character they release this way. So after these 4 days, it's wait through the release cadence.

I hope the devs clarify this one way or the other.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »

The post said that blueprints and character shards would be available on different nodes at different times. I wonder if we are getting a new character too.

"We are introducing Galactic Chase, a new type of event! During a Galactic Chase, you can earn shards or blueprints for a new character or ship by playing a particular type of node (hard, Dark Side, Cantina, Fleet, etc.)."

Except it doesn't say that....but I think that may be what is happening.

• HK22 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....a 80% drop rate on a 20 energy node is pretty flipping good. So lets do some math.

100 Energy = 5 Shard (Give or Take)
    500 Energy = 2 Star Unlock
    1,000 Energy = 3 Star Unlock
    2,900 Energy = 5 Star Unlock
    6,600 Energy = 7 Star Unlock
    So probably 6800-7200 Energy to Max

That is going to be quite a bit of energy.

So if you dont purchase any energy, it should take about 3 1/2 months to max it out which still sounds pretty normal.

It's worth it if you are paying for more than 5 refreshes a day of that energy.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    I think a lot of people here have it wrong. I think this 4 days is all we get to farm it. They said these would occur again on different node types, but I think they are referring to the NEXT character they release this way. So after these 4 days, it's wait through the release cadence.

I hope the devs clarify this one way or the other.

If that's the case then we would be better off if they just released it as a marquee.
  • Does it move to a different game mode after the 5 days? Does it vanish forever?

Pleeease provide some info, this is a strategy game, we need a little bit of info to be able to strategise!
  • I think this is instead of marquee...so peharps about 6 weeks after it will appear in shipment, and then mormal farm...

If you are farming a toon in a node that uses that energy, then yea, its worth it. Particularly if it is Cantina, or mods, since you don't have a refresh cost. I don't think its worth buying jsut because they show though, if you don't have a reason
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    If the idea of it moving is correct, then the following is a feasible scenario.

The Shuttle starts at the Fleet node, then jumps to lets say Mod Challenges, then Cantina, Dark Side, with light side being its final destination before a new character/ship arrives. In this method, the player does chase the new character/ship and the company makes the money off crystals spent and refreshes.
  • 80% drop rate on a 20-energy node sounds pretty good to me. I've got multiple fleet-node-only farms to go yet, so this will definitely make that a lot less painful.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....a 80% drop rate on a 20 energy node is pretty flipping good. So lets do some math.

100 Energy = 5 Shard (Give or Take)
    500 Energy = 2 Star Unlock
    1,000 Energy = 3 Star Unlock
    2,900 Energy = 5 Star Unlock
    6,600 Energy = 7 Star Unlock
    So probably 6800-7200 Energy to Max

That is going to be quite a bit of energy.
    What's the crystal to energy ratio? Trying to see how many crystals does it cost to get a 7 star unlock
  • I still want to see new character shards on nodes as soon as they enter marquee, but whatever.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • I still want to see new character shards on nodes as soon as they enter marquee, but whatever.

If I can farm a character as soon as it is released, why would I buy it? This would dramatically reduce the cost of characters and thus the spend on the game.
  • CptCheez
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    What's the crystal to energy ratio? Trying to see how many crystals does it cost to get a 7 star unlock

Probably around 39k crystals, give or take.
  • Devs and producers need to ask themselves this question. Can everyone unlock this ship at 3 stars like in a marque? Can they do this for free? In its no on either of these questions then you should go back to the drawing board. Sounds like they should have already gone back to the drawing board.
  • I think the word "chase" is the key here. The way it sounds to me is that the ship will move from one node type to another and you will have to "chase" it around to continue earning shards. If they are giving 4 days per node that gives 16 days to farm it if they do not include it in MOD battles.
  • Madpup wrote: »
    Devs and producers need to ask themselves this question. Can everyone unlock this ship at 3 stars like in a marque? Can they do this for free? In its no on either of these questions then you should go back to the drawing board. Sounds like they should have already gone back to the drawing board.

I mean, you're gonna be farming nodes anyway, presumably on each type of node (light/dark/cantina/fleet) unless you are ultrawhale status and already have everything maxed. Even if you aren't laser-focused on getting shards for it, you'll end up getting a fair amount just by playing normally.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• 80% chance on a 20 energy node is pretty good.

And since it is in everyone of them i don't need to choose between this ship and Nest farm. :)
  • I think the word "chase" is the key here. The way it sounds to me is that the ship will move from one node type to another and you will have to "chase" it around to continue earning shards. If they are giving 4 days per node that gives 16 days to farm it if they do not include it in MOD battles.

The original post said *any* fleet node for 5 days. No mention of anything else.

• Any chance of fixing p3 sith soloing in one of these updates?
  • So does it go away on the 12th? Does it move? If it goes when does it come back? Once a month? Every three? How’s about that “increased clarity of communication” we talked about, @CG_Carrie?

We were given a heads up about this in the road ahead, then given dates, time and drop rates as well as them stating this is a new kind of event( meaning it is recurring). Plus CG_SBCrumb said different game mode which means that it will come back. It's pretty clear communication. As for the cadence, after the data is reviewed post event the devs will be able to see how popular the event is, # of shards obtained and what not. This will give them a better idea of how often this event will happen.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So basically no chance to make it viable without a ton of refreshes, given the time we have. Way to drop the ball on "new and exciting" way to earn shards...
    Edit: the math:
    4% drop rate per energy point means we have to spend 8250 energy to max it, not the 7000-ish that someone suggested (not that it would make much of a difference). Over five days of the event, that means 1650 daily, and there's no telling when (or if) it comes back. So yeah, just another whale toy. Move along, nothing to see here.
  • exile038 wrote: »
    So does it go away on the 12th? Does it move? If it goes when does it come back? Once a month? Every three? How’s about that “increased clarity of communication” we talked about, @CG_Carrie?

We were given a heads up about this in the road ahead, then given dates, time and drop rates as well as them stating this is a new kind of event( meaning it is recurring). Plus CG_SBCrumb said different game mode which means that it will come back. It's pretty clear communication. As for the cadence, after the data is reviewed post event the devs will be able to see how popular the event is, # of shards obtained and what not. This will give them a better idea of how often this event will happen.

I don't see anything saying nor suggesting that it is recurring. I actually don't think the event is coming back at all. A marquee EVENT doesn't ever come back. It's funny that you say this is pretty clear communication.
  • What a gip. We waited alllllllll winter for this trash... Give us something good. Why'd I spend 200 on jkr to be completely bored a week later? No sithuary?! No Darth revan?! You stink ea/cg
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Minowara wrote: »
    If I can farm a character as soon as it is released, why would I buy it? This would dramatically reduce the cost of characters and thus the spend on the game.

Good question. Let me check my “Devil’s Advocate Handbook.”

Ah, here it is.. it says: “...because farming characters and ships is not fun, requires little to no skill (once you’ve beaten the node, etc.), and you’ve got better things to do than to check in frequently to make sure that you get every morsel of energy made available to you.” Oh, and also “because your shardmates already have [the unit] maxed out with [large quantities of] speed, and you desire to stay competitive.”