Revan or C3PO

As the title suggests, going to be finishing my current farms soon. Which of those two should I do next? Don’t have to gear OR toons quite as much to unlock Revan. But it seems C3PO has more all around utility. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Revan first.
  • C3po unless you are going hard for OR arena. C3po is nothing short of awesome in raids, and makes some of the other events easier, too.
  • Yeah go for C3PO I say
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Franimus wrote: »
    C3po unless you are going hard for OR arena. C3po is nothing short of awesome in raids, and makes some of the other events easier, too.

Revan is equally awesome in raids. He solos the Rancor, HAAT, and puts out huge numbers in P2 of the Sith Raid.

EDIT: And he does it without creating a turn meter loop.
  • I'd say that depends on your arena team. Unless you already use Jedi and figure Revan can greatly improve your ranking, you'll probably get more mileage out of Threepio.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'd also say C3PO since it's a very good general purpose toon. Revan team will only work under the specific team which takes lots of development. And by the time you got it, he'll be old news. So the place he excels at-arena meta will be no more.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    I'd also say C3PO since it's a very good general purpose toon. Revan team will only work under the specific team which takes lots of development. And by the time you got it, he'll be old news. So the place he excels at-arena meta will be no more.

Worth noting that arena is hardly the only place Revan performs well. He absolutely crushes phase 2 of HSTR, for instance.

Still, 3P0 definitely has more versatility going for him. And you pretty much only have to worry about speed and potency when modding.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• If you're a newer player, I'd definitely say Revan. The gear requirements for 3PO are significantly higher, and leave you with an otherwise not particularly useful team of Ewoks. Use your gear on Jedi instead, and you can have a team that is ready to go as soon as you have the unlock. 3PO is certainly more fun to use (I use him in my arena team and I have both), but a lot harder to get to 7*.
  • If you're a newer player, I'd definitely say Revan. The gear requirements for 3PO are significantly higher, and leave you with an otherwise not particularly useful team of Ewoks. Use your gear on Jedi instead, and you can have a team that is ready to go as soon as you have the unlock. 3PO is certainly more fun to use (I use him in my arena team and I have both), but a lot harder to get to 7*.

I'm glad someone brought this up - Revan basically requires the toons at 7* and g7 or 8, no zetas.

C3P0 requires 7*, g11-12, and at least a few zetas by all accounts. Much higher barrier to entry.

Also the team you have to build to get 3P0, while awesome, doesn't really give you a team to use 3P0 in.

Building for Revan already gives you 60% of the most popular Revan layout.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Let me answer it like this, depends on which four toons of a very strong team you have.

If you have Zeta Finn, BB-8, JTR, Scavanger Rey (or Chewie), adding C3PO is a must do, I have seen that team perform incredible things in practically everything.

If you happen to have maxed Bastilla Shan, Jolee Bindo, Grandmaster Yoda and CLS, by adding a Revan lead (but must be able to get his 3 zetas), you would perform exceedingly well both in PVP and PVE.

The two teams are approximately equal in my mind but taking them all to crazy speeds and G12+ is difficult, so you gave to focus on one or the other, at least for some time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Worth noting that arena is hardly the only place Revan performs well. He absolutely crushes phase 2 of HSTR, for instance.

Still, 3P0 definitely has more versatility going for him. And you pretty much only have to worry about speed and potency when modding.

I don't know if i would call 3po more versatile than revan to be honest. While it's true that 3po can make a bunch of squads better, all those squads get blown out of the water by revan in all game modes (except for raid damage at the moment, but a nerf/fix on zfinn/3po is still pending).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • My advice is to go for C3PO. He's viable in a lot of different teams than Revan is. Right now, Revan has one basic team that makes him really good: Revan, Bastila, GMY, GK, and Jolee.Replacing anyone of those for another toon weakens Revan teams. If you look at all of the top tier arena teams in Squad arena that run Revan, 99% of them are running that line up. C3PO, however, is good with Rebels, CLS, Resistance, JTR, Ewoks, Droids, Galactic Republic ... the list goes on. Between the two, you'll get a lot more mileage out of C3PO than you will with Revan, especially with the Grevious Rework coming up.
  • I’ve had 7* g12 3po since release, and just got 7* Revan (now G9).
    I’ve been running ChewCrew in arena since getting 3po, and have no plans to run Revan at all.

Having said that: go for Revan. His usefulness in TW, GA, and any event that requires Jedi is utterly unmatched. There are currently under 5 teams that can beat Revan, but Revan can beat any team. 3po makes teams greater, but Revan is overpowered and overdeveloped. It will be several years before Revan is complacent.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • They’re both awesome. I’m pretty new to the game and I’m 100% convinced revan is the better option. Whether he’ll be able to get you #1 in squad arena by the time you get him is another matter but he’s a versatile toon that’ll still improve your arena rank while giving you a huge damage dealing team in many game modes.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    revan ainec
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If you have to choose, I'd say it depends what characters you have and developed. I don't have 3PO yet but looks like he's amazing with CLS lead, raid han, legendary chewie, and r2 in arena against revan and traya teams. 3PO is also great in raids with JTR lead and a resistance team. So if you have those characters and geared, I'd go for 3PO.

Revan is great in all parts of the game too and you will generally use the same team. In arena you'll want General Kenobi and in raids, hermit yoda.

If you have those characters ready to go, then it's just preference. Personally, I'd go with Revan as I'm a huge Kotor fan. But 3PO is probably going to be back in March so if you have ewoks close, even to just 5 star, I'd work on those.