Dengar, but no Bossk

ubcj4vq89lrx.png

So I just took Dengar to 7* (just not showing because of the site refresh). Obviously none of my new Bounty Hunters are up to snuff, though I have started farming Bossk and Jango Fett as my hard nodes. Is this even doable, or is the Bossk lead mandatory? If doable, what gear do I need to get my toons to?

Replies

• Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Bossk lead lets you get away with undergeared hunters. It is possible with a boba lead when properly nodded, but will require much better gear levels or amazing rng. And two of your hunters are IG-88 and Zam, which are the two worst BH for this event. I couldn’t beat the event until I replaced my g12+ arena modded 88 with my g9 greedo. With what you have, you would need gear 11-12 for all hunters.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I did it with 3 restarts without Bossk —> took 3 attempts for Dengar to stealth —> after that it was straightforward.

I used G12 Boba (no Zetas on anyone) with G11.5 Zam,Cad, Dengar and Greedo
    Boba CD/CC mods Potency Cross, CD triangle
    Others stacked for Potency —> Potency Crosses and where appropriate Potency mods. Kits that need CC to work well e.g. Greedo, Cad —> I made sure they had enough CC
    Speeds —> nothing special +80/character (no need for your Arena mods)
  • So doable, but crank that gear out.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    G12 Boba, g11 Cad Bane, g10 Zam and Greedo and g9 Dengar will make it if modded properly and with your best mods.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    G12 Boba, g11 Cad Bane, g10 Zam and Greedo and g9 Dengar will make it if modded properly and with your best mods.
    True, but Greedo is quite vulnerable at low gear and worthy of G11+
  • So what's my gear order? Greedo > Cad > Zam? Cad > Greedo > Zam?
  • I prioritized Ewok farming/gearing over BH so I'll be ready for the next 3p0, so now I need to run on this again
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    True, but Greedo is quite vulnerable at low gear and worthy of G11+

Yes. More gear is always better. That goes without saying.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    So what's my gear order? Greedo > Cad > Zam? Cad > Greedo > Zam?

I would prioritise Greedo and Cad Bane. Higher survivabiluty on Greedo helps, and he can dish out quite some damage, if he gets a long streak of bonus attacks. Cad's gear will also improve his ship.

Edit:
    Doh! You already do that in both your suggestions.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    So what's my gear order? Greedo > Cad > Zam? Cad > Greedo > Zam?

I would prioritise Greedo and Cad Bane. Higher survivabiluty on Greedo helps, and he can dish out quite some damage, if he gets a long streak of bonus attacks. Cad's gear will also improve his ship.

Edit:
    Doh! You already do that in both your suggestions.

All good! Just didn't know if there was any definite "Greedo first" (or opposite) recommendation.
  • I got away with: zBoba(g12),dengar,ig88,cad,greedo(g11s)
    If you will attempt with team under boba's leadership, potency is a mandatory (and a LOT), except for boba himself. Mod boba with crit damage & chance with good speed secondaries. Don't give up if you lose a lot. Patience is the key. It took me about 1.5h

P.S. zeta on Boba is optional, but it sure helped me a lot, on a finishing blow with any attack you recover 100% protection.
  • And like someone said, with Bossk's leadership you could beat this event with undergeared characters, unlike with boba