Mod database

I am an old player but had a long break and when I returned to the game I discovered this new part of the game called mods, I haven’t the foggiest about what mod should go where i have just been farming speed mods and don’t actually know who needs what. Is there anyone who was in the same position and found some online aid or something that massively helped? If so please point me (and no doubt many others) in the right direction! Thank you 😁

Replies

• They have mod suggestions in game to help new players. Googling swgoh mod guide came up with several useful references, I would start there. Mods are a critical part of the game now, so you should familiarize yourself with them. Good on you for farming speed mods (hopefully with speed secondaries), they are the most important.
  • Thank you 😁 and Are the in game mods the absolute best possible to put on a given character?
  • Thank you 😁 and Are the in game mods the absolute best possible to put on a given character?

Not usually. But it's not a bad place to start.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I would recommend going to youtube and simply searching "swgoh 2018/2019 mod guide". Most of the gamechangers have videos that go over the basics of mods.

Essentially you want mods that have high speed secondary stats and primary stats that play to a characters strengths. For example on a tank you'll likely want mods that give extra protection. For characters that apply debuffs you'll usually want potency.
  • For characters you would deem important, google "swgoh mods for x" and you will get a couple of opinions on best mods sets. If you are short on time and don't want to do that for all toons, go with in game suggestion for those you deem less important.
  • http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor is the best website for mods, allows you to search by character and gives the best recommendation.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • It's better to just put in the time. Understand each character and what you're trying to boost and why.

Which characters rely primarily on speed? Which ones need less speed, but need a lot of potency or crit chance to use their skills optimally? Which ones need to stack maximum health and/or tenacity?

Then understand the difference and relative strengths between the set bonuses, primary stats, and secondary stats (both straight numbers & percentages).

Once you understand the needs of your characters and how mod stats work, you can view your mods and see which ones will "fit" best for characters.

I strongly disagree with several of the recommendations offered by CrouchingRancor, because they seem to be written algorithmically and not based on an understanding of the characters.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    It's better to just put in the time. Understand each character and what you're trying to boost and why.

Which characters rely primarily on speed? Which ones need less speed, but need a lot of potency or crit chance to use their skills optimally? Which ones need to stack maximum health and/or tenacity?

Then understand the difference and relative strengths between the set bonuses, primary stats, and secondary stats (both straight numbers & percentages).

Once you understand the needs of your characters and how mod stats work, you can view your mods and see which ones will "fit" best for characters.

I strongly disagree with several of the recommendations offered by CrouchingRancor, because they seem to be written algorithmically and not based on an understanding of the characters.

That's what the customization sliders are for, it's literally just a time saver. Hower it doesn't offer a option to prioritize sets that I can find so there is a big hole there.