Beating Han's Falcon without Han's Falcon

Immediate disclaimer: I am not saying the Falcon should be nerfed. I'm working on my Rebel ships, but it's going to be a while before they're in ship-shape (ayyyyy).

Anyway, has anyone found a way to reliably beat a Rebel fleet with the Falcon in it, other than mirror-matching it? I'm honestly at a loss. My starting lineup currently consists of Hound's Tooth, FO TIE, and TIE Silencer. I'd heard that stunning the Falcon can work, but I tried that and no dice; it recovers from stun before their Ackbar moves, then Ackbar uses the LOLASSISTFRENZY ability and my FO TIE is dead before I've even got my first reinforcement.

Attacking Hound's Tooth first doesn't do me any favors either, nor the third, which is usually Biggs or Bistan's U-wing. Basically I have to hope that I get extremely lucky and don't lose a ship to the AOE ability from Ackbar (maybe one out of ten matches), otherwise it's impossible to win because I just can't overcome the combination of the Assist Festival plus HT losing taunt due to the Falcon's auto-cleanse and dispel.

Any advice? My ship options are very limited beyond what I already use, but profile link just in case: https://swgoh.gg/p/918597557/ships/
u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• If you don’t have it, the odds are zero, of course, except for good rng with gat. But In other cases you have no chance.
  • From what my shard chat has been talking about, kylos tie silencer is the answer. I believe there’s a video on YouTube on how to beat the falcon using the silencer.
  • Stun him with a faster silencer. I don't have a good silencer though.

Personally I use Cassian reinforce if I dont have breach on my ships. Lando's Falcon if I do. I have about a 50/50 win rate. If he also has Bistan in the starting lineup, I have a zero win rate.

I'm guessing a Ghost + maxed Reys Falcon off the bench might do it, but I can't test as my RMF blows.

As far as tanks, Biggs + Vader is better than HT I think. That's what I use. Clone Sarge + Plo + Mace might be even better.
  • And just spitballing here, but how fast is resistance Xwing? It has a daze that may help cut down assists.

Also saw FOTie + Poe works. I think the guy had to remove 3 mods from his Poe to get it to go after FO Tie. But if the first attack on HMF strips protection, Poe can Insta-Gibb the HMF.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    @VonZant The issue isn't that I can't stun the Falcon. I can stun it before it makes its first move every time. The problem is that I stun it, it gets its turn and does nothing, then Ackbar goes and does the AOE which still results in the assist frenzy because the Falcon isn't stunned anymore.

And half the time my HT can't survive the massive beatdown, so there's no way my Biggs will live through it even if Vader is there.

As far as Resistance Xwing and Poe, the former's pilot is at like gear 7 so no go, and the latter is also low-geared and I don't even have the ship unlocked. Since I'd need to gear pilots either way, I feel like just gearing up my Rebels is the way to go there.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @Jarvind Yeah I'm not sure that the Akbar AOE open is a problem for just people without HMF. It will usually decide the match depending on Crits. Its a problem for everyone. ;)
  • The geos can do it with Ackbar too. Similar damage outputin the opening 2 rounds that you must make use of to get an edge.

Ht cad silencer also proven to work.
  • I've yet to encounter HMF in the arena, but I wrote down some tips from my guild chat:

Method 1: Chimaera with Geonosian Soldier, -Spy and Hound's Tooth
    - Absorb the first hit
    - Gain taunt with HT
    - Use Chimaera's buff special. The enemy HT should now have Defense Down and lack Protection Up.
    - Geo Spy special and Soldier special should take out HT in two shots
    - Keep taking out reinforcements as they arrive. Bring in Sun Fac or another tank for dual taunts.
    - Take out HMF

Method 2: Imperial TIE Fighter and Poe's X-Wing
    - Max ITF and mod Poe to be one step slower
    - Use ITF's special on HMF
    - Finish off HMF with Poe's special
  • Cassian reinforcement to strip HMF buff (and any taunts on the table), shoot a lot. Works pretty much every time for me.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Can somebody please explain what’s going on here? My maxed Tie Silencer stun does work only 20% of the time. (No, I am not trying to stun HT while it has tenacity up). HT breach on Phoenix or Biggs works only 50%. Overall it seems like in addition to all the other completely overpowered buffs and multi assists the falcon rebel fleet gets some crazy tenacity buffs. But I don’t get it where it comes from (so clearly I cannot counter it)
  • Ok. This is getting ridiculous. Biggs dodged/evaded/resisted (whatever) my Tie silencer 4!!! (In words: FOUR) times in a row just now. I call **** on that.
  • Ghost reduces potency. If HT reinforces, he increases tenacity. Together Can be very bad.

Breach is bugged right now to provide 25% accuracy down.

There. ;)
  • VonZant wrote: »

That helps explain why I've been getting so many dodges lately.
  • VonZant wrote: »

That helps explain why I've been getting so many dodges lately.

Yeah. Needs to be a priority fix. Its Not like HT needs any extra survivability, but whiffing 4 times in a row is absurd. Usually it ends up on a tank, but when one of your attackers gets it, it can ruin you.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    VonZant wrote: »
    Ghost reduces potency. If HT reinforces, he increases tenacity. Together Can be very bad.

There. ;)

Thanks. Now it starts to make sense....
  • The last 3 matches, without fail... When Silencer has advantage and offence up, "dodge" on HT.

Every single time...

Over the last 10 matches it's at least 75% miss rate.
    Can't be WAI...
  • The last 3 matches, without fail... When Silencer has advantage and offence up, "dodge" on HT.

Every single time...

Over the last 10 matches it's at least 75% miss rate.
    Can't be WAI...

All you had to do was to read back 1 post. Its not WAI. Breach is bugged. Its confirmed to be a bug for months.
  • Well it seems to affect a buffed silencer way more than any other ship....
  • Well it seems to affect a buffed silencer way more than any other ship....

Thats perception only. A breached ht also misses a lot, but noone cares because he doesnt do meaningful damage anyway.. But when youre 100k+ hitting (+stunning) shot misses, that hurts.
  • I'm having some success using HT, Sith bomber and sith fighter as my opening trio. Sith Fighter works well against the enemy HT since he can hit under protection and my Bomber lands mines when he gets hit which will daze the enemy. I can generally survive the opening salvo just fine, but if the other fleet gets the full five ships out, I can't keep up on the DPS.
  • Either way the current Han Falcon, HT, Biggs setup with Phoenix reinforcement is just stupid. I cannot say it any other way. The developers need to take another serious look at balancing.

I just had an encounter where the assist triggered 6 shots!!!

Not even talking about the breach bug and all the other crazy buffs etc.

And I know that the people playing this combo now will come out and tell me that I just don’t understand the strategy and/or logic of all the effects or that I just need to build up my fleet etc.pp.

But that doesn’t change that the Falcon (especially in the Rebel fleet combo) is WAY to OP.
  • I just won against the falcon, ht, ghost and biggs. Falcon wasn't maxed and the other ships - I don't remember but its top 3 so. Im using what I have: tfp, biggs and sun fac(g9) + vader and kylo. I freaking oblitareted him. Then when I play against the guy who is 1st place without moving down from it for 2 weeks I was killed in seconds cuz his ships are fully upgraded and he is a whale.

But it does work against weaker falcons.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    But it does work against weaker falcons.

Unfortunately no weak Falcons in my shard :-(
  • Still broken...