How has revan impacted your guild?

Since his first release we have been seeing a slow exodus of long time players and I'm curious if its the same else where?

Part of me thinks they are seeing the same on their side which is what led to the extreme buffs in tw and character bans.

Part of me wants to see how it gets addressed but a time that can only be reliably beat after long mirror matches seems to suck. At least previous metas went fast

Replies

• We made a squad in swgoh.gg called “revan readiness” and officers copied the data when the first revan event finished. The idea was to see who was getting themselves ready for his return since only 13 of us got him first time.

When we checked that data today to see how close the members were, we noticed we had only one player leaving since October. We have 44 revans now - 1 of the remaining 6 has a real chance if RNJesus hears his prayers.

• We haven't seen anybody leave the game because of Revan. That's silly.....there's always been a meta team in the game and it's always been annoying to deal with in arena....it won't be long until there's a new meta. We had a lot of people get him this second time around and there was a lot of excitement in the guild by people trying to get their rosters ready for Revan and getting him unlocked and geared up.
  • No one in my guild got Revan the first time around. We are currently at 105M, and not entirely F2P but no one was prepared to drop the needed $400 at the time. Today, we have 11/49 that have earned Revan so far. To my knowledge, we have not lost any guild members since the original Revan event.
  • No one quit from our guild from him. We had a couple guys get him 1st time around and now a dozen more on this 2nd round.

We've actually been really pumped with his return. We just started clearing Hstr 2 or 3 weeks before he came back, and now with the extra Revans it's been a breeze.
  • Oh and we do have some long time players in our guild, some have been around since the start of close to it. Not just a bunch of noobs. 😀
  • Our guild is pretty casual I guess - one person got him the first to round. This time I think only 2 more. I’ve been wondering something similar though regarding player fatigue. Last couple of months we’ve had a couple people quit. TB scores are dropping as well (we were close on 33 stars last DSTB, this time I think we came in at 31). Today I was able to pay attention to changes in raid tickets and I see a drop there too.

But I’ve also noticed a lack of applications to join. We’re at 112m and 45/50 but no pings for a few weeks. Maybe older players are looking for HSR guilds and newer players are in those auto guilds?

I think in the road ahead they mentioned a 5 year plan, which I hope is a sign of health in the game and not the band playing while the ship sinks. Just not sure if I’m in a bit of a bubble or if there is something wider...
  • Two people in my guild have got him, no one has left because of him.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • My guild is about 48/50 Revans... We are 180M+ GP
    HSR is on full farm.. most have 7* Traya already and focus is always on next Meta.

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    We have about 5 revans all free to play. Didn’t hurt the guild at all. Definitely not as much as when traya started to become a dominator. Made a lot of guilds implode.
  • We have around 13/48 Revans. We're 75 million total GP, but only about 60 million active GP in TW.

I was the only one who got Revan on the first run. No one has quit because of him. We're hoping we'll be able to attempt HSTR in the next few months now.
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2019
  • Looks like this post didn’t turn out the way you thought it was going to lol...
  • He impregnated 2/3 of our guild
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I dont see how anyone ,that likes this game, would quit over a character released 6 months ago.
  • Casual guild, no one got Revan the first time. Most in my guild are F2P with a couple of big spenders and a couple of smaller spenders. This time around we have maybe 6 who were ready in time and about the same who will just miss it. I have a group of younger players and old timers. Some are still working on getting JTR. We are getting close for HSTR. We lost one or two when revan initially came out because of the pay wall and there are a few grumblers with the revan meta dominating the arena. But I don't think it will last much longer. I have seen a major drop in guild applications ever since the auto guild thing started. Oh well.
  • Zero impact the first time (zero unlocks) and zero impact now (14 unlocks). We are 150 M GP.

The present impact is that some Revan teams on defence helped us to win the last TW and that we do higher scores in P2 HSTR.
  • Themy wrote: »
    Looks like this post didn’t turn out the way you thought it was going to lol...

I had no expectations, was just curious. Every time we lose a player it sucks because they are usually over 3 million gp and replacing them has become really difficult.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No impact in terms of losing players whatsoever.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Themy wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought lol.
    Anyway, if a player quits because a new and better toon got out, he's just a big crybaby.
  • our guild is extremely top heavy now. even more so than it already was. there's those of us that just got jtr, then there's ones who just got chewy, 3po, and revan. when it comes to sith, the rich just keep getting richer so to speak
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    Themy wrote: »

I had no expectations, was just curious. Every time we lose a player it sucks because they are usually over 3 million gp and replacing them has become really difficult.

My guild has always had a steady turn over rate, but I don't think its because of Revan or Traya per se. The 2 big things I see are either the whales don't like swimming with dolphins and just can't stand a group with a few people that dont get all the new toys first time around, and seek a bigger pond.

The second group are those that burn out, and either quit for good or move to a quiet guild that just does the bare minimum with no expectations.

I wish them all the best. And it does suck trying to replace a 3.5 mil player. But no one has said anything about leaving over core gameplay or meta issues.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    Themy wrote: »

My guild has always had a steady turn over rate, but I don't think its because of Revan or Traya per se. The 2 big things I see are either the whales don't like swimming with dolphins and just can't stand a group with a few people that dont get all the new toys first time around, and seek a bigger pond.

The second group are those that burn out, and either quit for good or move to a quiet guild that just does the bare minimum with no expectations.

I wish them all the best. And it does suck trying to replace a 3.5 mil player. But no one has said anything about leaving over core gameplay or meta issues.

Seems kinda rare, I've had one guild explode due to the sith release and a bunch, myself included moved for traya.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Now that the second coming has come to pass we are 50 of 50. Half of us have been around since the begining. No one quit (in my guild) because of revan. And the only gripe we had was just a gripe not an expectation of change.

We hated TW. We are a top tier guild so TW (at first) was "who has the most revans" wins.

We did boot one guy over revan. He got revan rd. 1 and refused to gear him. Said his focus was 12 gearing all his ewoks. (Howd he know 3p0 was on the way)
  • I knew a guy who quit after maxing out resistance pilot...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I know one who necro'd a thread for no clear reason.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • To be fair... I'd quit too if I G12+'d RP, but...
    Voodoo post to be sure.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever