Kit Reveal: B1 Battle Droid

Replies

• TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    While it seems pretty clear that multi-attackers like Raid Han or Princess Leia would remove 8 stacks with each attack, I am Interested to see the interaction with characters like Scavenger Rey’s Flurry of Blows and Sabine Wren’s basic. Does dealing damage multiple times remove 8 stacks of Droid Battalion each time (32 in those cases), or just once?

Good question, has to be 8 stacks per instance of damage. Group attacks and counter-attacks may be able to drop this guy quickly.

That’s my question also. Revan Mark, GK mass attack etc... seems like they would drop him very quickly since he’s not “dying” between each attack.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    While it seems pretty clear that multi-attackers like Raid Han or Princess Leia would remove 8 stacks with each attack, I am Interested to see the interaction with characters like Scavenger Rey’s Flurry of Blows and Sabine Wren’s basic. Does dealing damage multiple times remove 8 stacks of Droid Battalion each time (32 in those cases), or just once?

Should behave the same way as the raid bosses who get 5% TM each time they take damage.
    Fearsome Foe III
    "As long as this unit isn't Toppled, it has +1 Bonus Action (with a 50% chance to gain an additional Bonus Action each turn) and gains 5% Turn Meter whenever it takes damage."
    So with Hans double tap it should take away 16 stacks of Battalion.
    Minor point but nilly does do damage outside of raids, if you try him against dooku on (I think) the bonus level of the nightsisters event you'll see him repeatedly fail to instantly defeat him with annihilate. I have never been in a position to check outside of that event or a raid though.

The Dooku in this event is considered as a "raid boss" (Isolating him with Traya gives your characters the health steal up and crit damage up buffs which you get when damaging an isolated raid boss).

That was the same point I was making - the interaction for multi attacks is pretty cut and dried, but it’s those who deal multiple instances of damage with a single attack that I am wondering about (again using Scav Rey Flurry of Blows, it either misses due to dodge/foresight/whatever, or it hits dealing damage twice, plus once more if buffed, 55% chance for an additional damage.). Does each ‘damage’ within that one attack remove 8 stacks of Droid Battalion, or does the single attack only remove 8?

As written, it should remove 8 each time, and following along with your fearsome foe description above, I am reasonably sure that Sabine’s Blasters Akimbo basic (which deals damage 2-5 times) does indeed allow multiple sets of 5% TM increases to Sion in phase 2 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid.

But, the written description (especially of newly released characters) doesn’t always follow along precisely with how it plays out in game, which is why I brought it up...

Follow up to the same thought; will hitting an Exposed or Death Marked (Although I don’t see how Death Mark would stick currently, since you deal damage to apply it, the kit would immediately cleanse it), remove 8 or 16 stacks? When does the cleanse on damage come into play (thinking RJT lead here)? Does hitting the Exposed B1 cleanse the Expose, then deal damage for 8 stacks, or vice-versa for 16? Does that cleanse on damage take place before or after the check for a critical hit and 70% chance to apply expose?
  • Attack of the poodle droid!
  • I don't think that multi or mass-attacks would work on B1? Since, in my experience, multi/mass-attacks either take the enemy to 0 health, then they die (which would make B1 lose 8 stacks, since it only "dies" once), or the multi/mass-attack is outright cancelled (meaning that B1 would only be "killed" once, thereby losing 8 stacks).
    The real killed for B1 is AoE attacks
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • How will the AI react to a Special with cooldown 0? My understanding was that the AI always prioritizes Specials, so will it never call the basic under AI control?
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    I don't think that multi or mass-attacks would work on B1? Since, in my experience, multi/mass-attacks either take the enemy to 0 health, then they die (which would make B1 lose 8 stacks, since it only "dies" once), or the multi/mass-attack is outright cancelled (meaning that B1 would only be "killed" once, thereby losing 8 stacks).
    The real killed for B1 is AoE attacks

Going to make these droids very tricky to deal with if that is the case, since AOE is feeding right into B2’s hands for 100% TM gain. Without seeing ig-100 or droideka kits yet, I already am foreseeing that getting daze on B2 and cleansing a (presumed) pre-taunt to focus fire down B1 is going to be one of the better ways to deal with these guys.

Calling a hard counter prediction - RJT lead with threepio or Holdo will shut the droids down hard.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    How does it interact with Traya isolate or Thrawn fracture?
  • Halo wrote: »
    Puddis95 wrote: »
    What happens if annihilate is used on b1

B1 ‘can’t be defeated’
    Annihilate ‘instantly defeats’ an enemy.

My guess is the same as zombie, nothing happens and it just loses its 8 stacks as normal
    Correct, B1 will just lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion if annihilated
  • Good Question: Will this be a marquee?
  • Nvm, found my answer on the Road Ahead. It is

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

When B1 takes damage, they dispel all debuffs on themselves and lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion. At the start of B1's turn, they gain 3 stacks of Droid Battalion.

To clarify - does Fracture remove 32 stacks? Likewise with Scav Rey's 2nd special?
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Question: what's the point of ever leveling/gearing B1 up beyond the point where he has access to all his abilities? He dies in one hit, right? No expenditures necessary (or in fact, advantageous).

The amount of stacks probably increase with gearing so there will probably be a minimum gear level needed to get the 100 stacks to start the battle.
  • I guess you would mod B1 with Speed and Potency sets? Get as much Speed and offense as possible with the potency to land the target lock. No sense in doing defense, health, protection, crit chance or crit damage. Maybe tenacity?
  • What are you guys going to do to prevent paper zombie kind of thing? Like he has 1 health and no protection. Why would I gear him up? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Interesting kit but should be taken down fast by some teams like Han/Chewie combo(Hans special follow by basic with 2 assists from chewie can be 5 shots so 40 stacks gone) Revan Jedi with Gen K. Revan special for 5+ hits followed by Gen K special for 5+ hits gets it down 80 stacks+.
  • What are you guys going to do to prevent paper zombie kind of thing? Like he has 1 health and no protection. Why would I gear him up? @CG_SBCrumb

Gear for speed and offense.
    He better not require gear thar gives health(Carbanti, Stun guns) if he has 1 HP that is such **** for eating up gear.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Correct, B1 will just lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion if annihilated

@CG_SBCrumb what about with mass assist or multi-hit attacks? Will B1 lose 8 stacks for every hit in one attack chain or will B1 just lose a total of 8 stacks?
  • Hmm...Could this be the best 3 star character ever? Health and defense stats won’t matter. Only thing is damage and the 12 speed from G12 gear. Wonder how much damage he will do.
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    edited February 2019
  • I feel like a lot of questions will be answered when we see the GG rework and Droidekka - Magna Guard... I could see a tanky - taunting Magna guard or dekka protecting the whole group while GG, B1, and B2 have at it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • If it’s going to be arena viable I feel like there has to be sort of anti counter mechanism. B2 and B1 both with AOE abilities that Rebels and other counter teams would just eat alive.
  • If it’s going to be arena viable I feel like there has to be sort of anti counter mechanism. B2 and B1 both with AOE abilities that Rebels and other counter teams would just eat alive.

But b1 just comes back, and b2 grants all other droids a bunch of TM
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Anti-counter will probably be taunting Droideka Sheild Generator ability, ‘this unit starts the encounter with 500% undispellable bonus protection, this unit is immune to critical hits while it has bonus protection, and starts the encounter with Taunt’ or something similarly crazy...
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    How will the AI react to a Special with cooldown 0? My understanding was that the AI always prioritizes Specials, so will it never call the basic under AI control?

he will use his basic when any separatist ally uses an ability, otherwise like bb8 he will always use his special to gain more stacks of droid battalion
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    If it’s going to be arena viable I feel like there has to be sort of anti counter mechanism. B2 and B1 both with AOE abilities that Rebels and other counter teams would just eat alive.

But b1 just comes back, and b2 grants all other droids a bunch of TM

B1 isn’t going to come back very long if he’s getting smacked with constant counter attacks. And B2 will give a CLS lead more TM than he gives droids. Have you ever seen a Traya team vs the new CLS teams? Remember what happens when Sion uses that AOE, even with all of the defensive mechanisms from Traya?

I’m not criticizing the characters yet, because we don’t have 3/5 of the team. I was just trying to predict what we might see coming based on the current weaknesses.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Anti-counter will probably be taunting Droideka Sheild Generator ability, ‘this unit starts the encounter with 500% undispellable bonus protection, this unit is immune to critical hits while it has bonus protection, and starts the encounter with Taunt’ or something similarly crazy...

If thermal detonators aren’t a hard counter to it I’m going to be disappointed.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Loses 8 stacks of Battalian but with his special on 0 cooldown he’ll just gain 8 stacks on the start of his turn.
    With the insane offense boost and AOE spam all this team needs is a taunting tank to be broken and that’s what droideka’s role will be

The 100 stacks and cannot be instant kill is a stupid mechanic and looks like they didn’t learn their lesson from Zombie
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Loses 8 stacks of Battalian but with his special on 0 cooldown he’ll just gain 8 stacks on the start of his turn.
    With the insane offense boost and AOE spam all this team needs is a taunting tank to be broken and that’s what droideka’s role will be

The 100 stacks and cannot be instant kill is a stupid mechanic and looks like they didn’t learn their lesson from Zombie

But how do you know? It hasnt been released yet
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • This looks amazing. Much more potential in this kit than the palpmobile.
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    Interesting kit but should be taken down fast by some teams like Han/Chewie combo(Hans special follow by basic with 2 assists from chewie can be 5 shots so 40 stacks gone) Revan Jedi with Gen K. Revan special for 5+ hits followed by Gen K special for 5+ hits gets it down 80 stacks+.
    That’s why he’s coupled with B2, who has a high probability of gaining a free turn with any multi-hit (1-.6^number of hits). Blast em heals you, they counter a ton, B2 gets a free turn and you can TL/dispel as needed...