Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Please make a permanent tab for guild rules, it s exhausting to repeat the rules for new players joining the guild!
  • I am one of the many who doesn't really care about GG or the separatists. While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world) , I think this update would have been better suited for either January or March. I, as many others, really looked forward to February as there was always some cool darkside content released. I am also saddened because this is basically ruining all the excitement around a potential Darth Revan release. We all can pretty much agree that Darth Revan will be released as some sort of journey event. If you are one of the people who are thinking this new content is going to give you more time to farm the new Kotor characters and that you could possibly get a Hero's Journey caliber character without spending money you really need to rethink things and be honest with yourself. There is no way CG will allow people enough time to free-to-play farm the suspected characters for an event that big. You know they are going to make it a paywall event and I would actually be disappointed if they didn't (I won't elaborate on that as it is a completely separate argument). With that being said, if Darth Revan is not coming in February then you can bet it will not be coming for awhile and it will most likely not require all the new Kotor characters you are getting ready to farm (or have been already). My only hope is they are still planning a release of at least Malec as a legendary type event that requires the new Kotor characters. However, that really wouldn't make sense because we have never had a legendary event that used characters from both the dark and light side. All in all my outlook on either Malec or Darth Revan is now pretty bleak for the near future and that is probably the worst part about the whole situation.
  • I am one of the many who doesn't really care about GG or the separatists. While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world) , I think this update would have been better suited for either January or March. I, as many others, really looked forward to February as there was always some cool darkside content released. I am also saddened because this is basically ruining all the excitement around a potential Darth Revan release. We all can pretty much agree that Darth Revan will be released as some sort of journey event. If you are one of the people who are thinking this new content is going to give you more time to farm the new Kotor characters and that you could possibly get a Hero's Journey caliber character without spending money you really need to rethink things and be honest with yourself. There is no way CG will allow people enough time to free-to-play farm the suspected characters for an event that big. You know they are going to make it a paywall event and I would actually be disappointed if they didn't (I won't elaborate on that as it is a completely separate argument). With that being said, if Darth Revan is not coming in February then you can bet it will not be coming for awhile and it will most likely not require all the new Kotor characters you are getting ready to farm (or have been already). My only hope is they are still planning a release of at least Malec as a legendary type event that requires the new Kotor characters. However, that really wouldn't make sense because we have never had a legendary event that used characters from both the dark and light side. All in all my outlook on either Malec or Darth Revan is now pretty bleak for the near future and that is probably the worst part about the whole situation.
    Well, the Seperatists has an entire trilogy on them, while Revan is just in a video game series. I think reworking an entire faction that is useless right now is more important than another KOTOR toon. We have had enough of those in recent months.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I am one of the many who doesn't really care about GG or the separatists. While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world) , I think this update would have been better suited for either January or March. I, as many others, really looked forward to February as there was always some cool darkside content released. I am also saddened because this is basically ruining all the excitement around a potential Darth Revan release. We all can pretty much agree that Darth Revan will be released as some sort of journey event. If you are one of the people who are thinking this new content is going to give you more time to farm the new Kotor characters and that you could possibly get a Hero's Journey caliber character without spending money you really need to rethink things and be honest with yourself. There is no way CG will allow people enough time to free-to-play farm the suspected characters for an event that big. You know they are going to make it a paywall event and I would actually be disappointed if they didn't (I won't elaborate on that as it is a completely separate argument). With that being said, if Darth Revan is not coming in February then you can bet it will not be coming for awhile and it will most likely not require all the new Kotor characters you are getting ready to farm (or have been already). My only hope is they are still planning a release of at least Malec as a legendary type event that requires the new Kotor characters. However, that really wouldn't make sense because we have never had a legendary event that used characters from both the dark and light side. All in all my outlook on either Malec or Darth Revan is now pretty bleak for the near future and that is probably the worst part about the whole situation.

I'm with you on the GG front. I'm not a big fan but I'm happy for Ahnald and co.

Regarding the Darth Revan release, I have a feeling we'll see him sooner rather than later. It wouldn't be characteristic of them to afford us so much time to farm Bastila Fallen and Canderous. He can still come in February even.

I also hope we see a Malak before Darth Revan. The sooner the better. I'm nowhere NEAR being ready for either, but I'm eager to see the KOTOR chapter of SWGOH close (despite being an enormous KOTOR fan).
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    I am one of the many who doesn't really care about GG or the separatists. While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world) , I think this update would have been better suited for either January or March. I, as many others, really looked forward to February as there was always some cool darkside content released. I am also saddened because this is basically ruining all the excitement around a potential Darth Revan release. We all can pretty much agree that Darth Revan will be released as some sort of journey event. If you are one of the people who are thinking this new content is going to give you more time to farm the new Kotor characters and that you could possibly get a Hero's Journey caliber character without spending money you really need to rethink things and be honest with yourself. There is no way CG will allow people enough time to free-to-play farm the suspected characters for an event that big. You know they are going to make it a paywall event and I would actually be disappointed if they didn't (I won't elaborate on that as it is a completely separate argument). With that being said, if Darth Revan is not coming in February then you can bet it will not be coming for awhile and it will most likely not require all the new Kotor characters you are getting ready to farm (or have been already). My only hope is they are still planning a release of at least Malec as a legendary type event that requires the new Kotor characters. However, that really wouldn't make sense because we have never had a legendary event that used characters from both the dark and light side. All in all my outlook on either Malec or Darth Revan is now pretty bleak for the near future and that is probably the worst part about the whole situation.
    Well, the Seperatists has an entire trilogy on them, while Revan is just in a video game series. I think reworking an entire faction that is useless right now is more important than another KOTOR toon. We have had enough of those in recent months.

Very solid point. I just wish the Separatists were more interesting 😅
  • It only took months of asking and feedback, tournaments from GameChangers, hashtags and trends on Twitter, threats, YouTube channel deletion and a diss track (with a music video).

Thanks CG.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years of whining... For a trash character. Who's gonna pick GG over the other 30.characters that would destroy him any day? Jkr jtr gmy gk.cls ep dv dn D's dt etc.... I'd rather use ig88. Even with a rework. He'll be as useful as 6* no mods no zetas Barris. Just trash. Release vaylin already. Talon Mara jade bane anyone for deity's sake
  • Droideka wrote: »

The separatists were in a trilogy, not had an entire trilogy about them. They were useless pawns in a much greater scheme by a sith. The separatists are the least interesting part of the prequel trilogy.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited February 2019

The separatists were in a trilogy, not had an entire trilogy about them. They were useless pawns in a much greater scheme by a sith. The separatists are the least interesting part of the prequel trilogy.

That's why all of the star wars have somewhat failed since Disney took over. A great hero needs a great villian. Sure Senator Palpatine was fine, but GG was garbage until Clone Wars cartoon explained where he came from. But the droids were an integral part of the movie. In the opening scene of Phantom Menace Obi wan and QGJ split when the droidekas showed up. Why the separatists just didnt make a million more of those I'll never understand.
  • While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world)

I typed 'rework grevious' into the search field of these forums and got 320 results.
  • Monel wrote: »

That's why all of the star wars have somewhat failed since Disney took over. A great hero needs a great villian. Sure Senator Palpatine was fine, but GG was garbage until Clone Wars cartoon explained where he came from. But the droids were an integral part of the movie. In the opening scene of Phantom Menace Obi wan and QGJ split when the droidekas showed up. Why the separatists just didnt make a million more of those I'll never understand.
    Cost. They could build over 100 B1s for every droideka they built, and the separatists preferred quantity over quality.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Cost. They could build over 100 B1s for every droideka they built, and the separatists preferred quantity over quality.

In retrospect kind of a stupid move. Clones couldnt kill them and jedi ran away. Oh well, I guess if they went with my theory the jedi would have lost... oh wait...
  • Was really hoping they were also going to updates some of the shops a little, maybe throw in some of the newer ships in the Fleet store, the Galactic War store really needs a shard reshuffling as could the arena store do with one, guess we can only keep hoping

In retrospect kind of a stupid move. Clones couldnt kill them and jedi ran away. Oh well, I guess if they went with my theory the jedi would have lost... oh wait...

Droidekas, while strong, were not suited to open combat on the battlefield. While they tear lightly-armed infantry to shreds, they can easily be destroyed by heavier weapons such as rocket launchers or vehicle-mounted weaponry. The 100 B1s would be better in this situation. Droidekas are better suited fighting defensively in starships, where the clones can’t bring vehicles or use launchers.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CyclonusNL wrote: »
    Was really hoping they were also going to updates some of the shops a little, maybe throw in some of the newer ships in the Fleet store, the Galactic War store really needs a shard reshuffling as could the arena store do with one, guess we can only keep hoping

GW, arena and cantina stores are officially dead and there has been no indication that CG might change their stance on it.
  • The clones need a healer and i think many wil have Kix in the game.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Except... you know.... Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012. Well after the prequels were made.
  • DarkerSith
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Lio wrote: »

Droideka was not as strong as you think, their sheilds protected against high velocity projectiles including a swing of a light saber, however if you are a fan of the clone wars the cartoon shows them easily dispatching of these droids by rolling emp garbages through there sheilds. Because they were rolled at slow speed they went right through.
  • Does anyone think we may get sneak peak of some kits before (at least a day) they are released. I don’t know how much resources I should commit.
  • DarkerSith wrote: »
    Does anyone think we may get sneak peak of some kits before (at least a day) they are released. I don’t know how much resources I should commit.
    They pretty much always do kit reveals before releasing a character. Even if they don’t, you can just hoard your gear until they get released, then decide if the investment will be worth it.
  • True
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Except... you know.... Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012. Well after the prequels were made.

Yup, I know. Sorry should have been more specific for YOU.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Yup, I know. Sorry should have been more specific for YOU.

Um... your comment made it look like Disney was responsible for Palpatine and GG being garbage villains. My mistake for misundertanding your misunderstandable comment.
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Since Carrie is still reading stuff,

Any chance that 5 year plan includes stuff from the now defunct expanded universe or talks of exploring that era?

Ha, that's a question that does not have an answer that will go without upsetting a bunch of people.
    We are at a point where any toon announcement will upset a bunch of people

Which is why they hardly communicate anymore.

Yeah thats why lmfao

Yes that and then sometimes they just cant. The mouse doesnt like people to share secrets.

So what was the excuse for the three previous years of horrid communication. No need to answer, we know your response will be to defend cg no matter what. Its ok

Not defending just explaining how it works. Maybe you work for a company that allows you to say whatever whenever you want but Disney does not work that way. Everything needs a signoff but a lot of different people. I get why you dont like that, but that wont change anything. Maybe one day you will be able to see the business side and not just your side.

Personally I'd love to have a layout of what is coming and when so I can plan to participate accordingly. But that's not going to happen because it might change how much people spend money in a negative way. Companies arent in business to make it easier on your wallet.

As a customer, if a company i do business with tells me i will get my catalogue every 3 months, and doesn't deliver for whatever reason, its bad and id stop doing business with them. (Which btw i have, gone completely free to play) if they couldnt come through on their word , it shows very poor business practice and planning. Not sure about your job, but mine doesn't accept late work just cause a holiday that had been on the schedule for 365 days comes up. And then postpone that 31 more days after said holiday. Not very business like in my opinion, but yeah they are running a good business lol

I never used the phrase "good business" just said "business". Yup you have to meet deadlines set by your boss, we are the consumer not the boss so your comparison does not hold water.

Good job ignoring the point if my post to keep blindly defending cg, no use talking.
    Post edited by Darknesswon on
  • Flint1508 wrote: »
    The clones need a healer and i think many wil have Kix in the game.

Gregor or Wulff (young versions) first please. I like Wulff more but Gregors armor was boss. Kix - was he in the Krell episodes? I'm drawing a blank.

I'm not sure why, but I get them all confused sometimes.
  • hopefully GG will be a hard counter to revan and then we can have arena back to normal. GG won't counter hard other teams tho so id expect it to balance out the arena
  • WHEN IS THE FINN FIX LIKELY. Lots of new content being released without the old one being fixed. This is a joke. You've promised a fix for over a month now. People like myself and many other withholding zetas and suffering in raid because of this. Do something already or just say we can't be bothered or even can't figure it out. What's so difficult about it?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Fastg33z wrote: »
    WHEN IS THE FINN FIX LIKELY. Lots of new content being released without the old one being fixed. This is a joke. You've promised a fix for over a month now. People like myself and many other withholding zetas and suffering in raid because of this. Do something already or just say we can't be bothered or even can't figure it out. What's so difficult about it?

How are you suffering in the raids? Because others are ranked higher than you? Puh-leeeeeeze

Also, if they had rolled out a so-so fix already, people would've been complaining about how broken it was, about how EA sucks, about how they suck at their jobs, and blah blah blah. Just sit tight and wait. Until then, be happy for your guildmates ranked higher than you.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    When it comes to nerfing a character, let’s not rush CG into a decision that we may all regret. Give them time to consider their options and choose the best way to deal with the interaction.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    When it comes to nerfing a character, let’s not rush CG into a decision that we may all regret. Give them time to consider their options and choose the best way to deal with the interaction.

Logic = 100

Well the separatist uprising where orchestered by Palpantine and I guess he didn’t really want them to win, just be a boogey man strong enough to pose a real threat so the Galactic Republic and the Jedi were forced to use the clone army he had created to fight them. If either side were too strong the war would have been over too quickly and he might not have been able to assume absolute control.
This discussion has been closed.