How possible???!!!

Hi all,

I'm getting crazy because just 3 days ago I was rank 70 and now i dropped at 220. It looks like all my best team has been heavily nerfed and all my opponents do more damage even if they are 2 or 3 level lower or 2k less power. I was winning 3 of 5 battle in arena and now I won 2 in 15 fights.
That's doesn't make sense or they just applied a secret boost to paying users?

For the info I'm lvl 49 and my team is Sidious, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Grand Moff Tarkin, Talia

Someone please advise before I trashed this game
thanks

Replies

• I don't know. Maybe Capital Games gave us a hidden Defense stat boost for how much we have paid. 10% extra for each hundred spent, only in the arena. :*

More likely, people in the top 200-and-change ranks have teams that are more competitive due to composition. Raw power count does not mean everything. Talia is not bad, but I feel like if you have access to Galactic Wars, you should look into farming and ranking up a Luminara. Your team is a bit tank-heavy, so maybe replace Boba with a healer (Luminara, Old Daka) or a damage dealer/controller (Dooku, Luke, Vader when you unlock him). I don't often see Grand Moff Tarkin in PvP, either. Sort of squishy, despite his useful skills. Hope that helps.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • I'd need more info to make a clearer judgment here, but what are the stats of your team members, such as stars and gear levels, this would help. Looking at your team though, you may need at least one better healer than Talia, who heals others at her detriment. Luminara would be a nice fit for you. I also wonder how far along you got with Tarkin because I'd gather he may be weak until he's very high level....
  • I'm sure ppl target sid 1st....taila has probably tried to heal...n has now lost 20% hp....so she's a easy 2nd target. ...then the rest will go down easly....even with chewy taunt ...imo......luminara is a fixture in most team, at this point of the game, for a good reason. A like Pure_P stated......u might wanna figure out a better team to throw out there....which other toon do u have
  • When you're under attack your squad is at a huge disadvantage. The AI it uses just isn't good, especially for Talia. You may want to consider pulling her for someone else.

Losing ground like that just happens sometimes. Yesterday I dropped 50 spots in a few hours, after maintaining the spot I was in for over a day.
  • Thanks a lot for the advise first of all.

All my character are gear lvl VI and I only need to add gear which is available at lvl 51 or more. All 4* excerpt Sid which is 5*

My team has power 13k+

I'm farming slowly daka and luminara as you advised
  • Fighton wrote: »
    I'm sure ppl target sid 1st....taila has probably tried to heal...n has now lost 20% hp....so she's a easy 2nd target. ...then the rest will go down easly....even with chewy taunt ...imo......luminara is a fixture in most team, at this point of the game, for a good reason. A like Pure_P stated......u might wanna figure out a better team to throw out there....which other toon do u have

Exactly. People figure out your builds and if you don't change somewhat frequently you will keep getting hit over and over.

@OP - you should look to replace Chewy at this point for PVP purposes. Lumi or JC would be good as a healer - leaning on just Talia and her sacrifice heal is risky.
  • I do think there's a place for talia, but not in that setup...... I've read post were people say, shes really good at a higher level, & I'm building a night sister team so she better be good at a higher level haha
  • When you make a team you have to think about how much damage you will do to win the fight, but also how the AI will handle that team when someone fights you. You can have a great team for attacking that will get shredded by a human opponent because of the way the AI handles targeting and healing.

I would love to see real one versus one fights that are live for this very reason.

Maybe someday!
  • thank you all for the nice advises, very happy about it even my frustrating tone in the post :)
  • I've dropped from the 80's to 400 in a day before...yeah it ****, but I'm back to the top 100 in my arena, and learned from the experience. The good news is, crystals aside, you don't lose much with that kind of drop.
  • There is a rat race going on to get to the top. Scout this forum and you'll find many related posts from people thinking they were directly targeted by a individual nerf to people thinking they got moved to another more developed server.
    The fact is, this game is very young, and as more and more people start playing it, and more and more start to move up, you'll find that the competition is not static, but is instead a rush.
    Competition by nature is aggressive and you should expect it to only get tougher. If this makes you want to quit, then now is the best time to do it, before things get harder.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • More and more people start catching up as the game goes on and it's really hard to win on defense without a major advantage in levels and charachters.

More and more people are running Sid which really hurts your Chewbacca by making him immune to heals. If you want to run a taunting tank in PVP maybe go Han Solo or Poe. They should perform better in current meta.

Talia is not an ideal main healer because she hurts herself to heal and it is likely your damaged toon won't even recieve the benefit vs Sid. Ideally swap her out for luminari or Old Daka if you want a healer.

Lastly, I am not a huge fan of Tarkin. He is not going to be easy to get to 7*. Fives, Datcha, phasma, kylo Ren ... There are many better options.

• I usually drop from the top 100 around prize time to 180-220 range over night. It sucks when you drop too far cause you can't make it back to the top 100 in only five battles. I've been experimenting with changing my team on my last battle of the day to defend my rank better. I dont have enough data yet to notice a difference in how far I drop.

Like someone said above the difference in prizes isn't that big a deal, its more the pride thing of having a higher ranked squad for me.
  • I probably have one of the best pvp squads on my server and it's nothing to see me knocked down to rank 20ish from #1 over night. And its not even cheaters it's just the fact the AI plays horribly lol. It really does.
  • and a lot more people are on vacation from school and work (ie. myself). There will be more activity with people having more free time. So polish up your blasters, adjust your sabers, because more people are joining the fight
  • When I saw what team you used, I lol'd.
  • Your team needs way more damage
  • I went from 600 to 2k, I use Sid, Dookieku, Phasma, Chew, and Luke or that ugle **** with the cowboy hat and duel pistols. But oh well.
  • I feel like no matter what kind of team you put together for defense, you are going to get beat, often. The more concerning thing is losing battles where you are attacking.

I very rarely lose battles even against players with +3000 power than me because I load up on heroes that can do some nice single target damage. In your case I think Talia is fine to have in there but I would take out both chewy and boba and maybe Tarkin too and add some attackers with single target abilities and a healer. As others have said Luminara is amazing cause she has a great attack and a very nice heal.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i don't know. i went from rank 200 two weeks ago to rank 5 today. i'm fighting people 5 levels higher than me with 2k more power.

my team is:
    sid
    lumi
    jc
    daka
    dooku
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse wrote: »
    i don't know. i went from rank 200 two weeks ago to rank 5 today. i'm fighting people 5 levels higher than me with 2k more power.

my team is:
    sid
    lumi
    jc
    daka
    dooku

Daka is strong in pvp?
  • LoneJedi, if you are going to go away a few weeks, leave a 7* full gear team at level 60 there. Otherwise, as everyone progresses level and starts you'll be droped much worst.
  • ccfoo wrote: »
    reizse wrote: »

my team is:
    sid
    lumi
    jc
    daka
    dooku

Daka is strong in pvp?

I haven't been beaten in the arena for the past week and the only change was adding Daka. On the offence I find her incredibly useful with the right setups to compensate for the rng risks of using her.
  • My pvp level is also dropping fast, i win 3 ish a day on the allotted fights but each day I am lower & lower.

There is a very simple reason this is happening & there is no way you or I can stop it. Reason?.......Simple

They are spending more money on this game than you.
  • RhinoNZ wrote: »
    My pvp level is also dropping fast, i win 3 ish a day on the allotted fights but each day I am lower & lower.

There is a very simple reason this is happening & there is no way you or I can stop it. Reason?.......Simple

They are spending more money on this game than you.

What was your previous ranks?
  • I finished 1 tonight but I'm getting out leveled and at this rate I won't be able to compete with the top 5 soon. The only thing keeping me in the top 3 is this forum, which I don't think they read, lol.