Kit Reveal: B1 Battle Droid

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »

The 100 stacks and cannot be instant kill is a stupid mechanic and looks like they didn’t learn their lesson from Zombie

Whining already? Good grief.

@CG_SBCrumb could you please clarify the multihit mechanic question? Thanks! This toon looks great!
    Ooba hutar.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So, Greedo (and hopefully reworked Kit Fisto!) can technically but rarely completely or mostly wipe out B1 with a lucky string. Embo lead BH with Greedo...

Really can't wait to see Magnaguard and Deeka. Good stuff so far.
  • Regarding multiple hit attacks.....from the update notes:

"B1 and abilities that deal damage multiple times: B1 will lose 8 stacks for each instance of damage dealt. For example, being hit with Rey (Scavenger)'s "Flurry of Blows" will remove 32 stacks and being attacked while B1 has Expose will cause it to lose 16 stacks."
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    B1 and abilities that deal damage multiple times: B1 will lose 8 stacks for each instance of damage dealt. For example, being hit with Rey (Scavenger)'s "Flurry of Blows" will remove 32 stacks and being attacked while B1 has Expose will cause it to lose 16 stacks.
    It helps that you clarified this. So this unit doesn't really "die" until it has 0 stacks and things like Imperial Troopers don't gain any benefits from dwindling stacks and he doesn't disappear after taking one hit even if his health pool is 0
  • As long as it isn't easy to make B1 taunt, I think this is the right way to do an "auto-revive" style kit. Keeps that character around longer than expected, but doesn't make the entire team revolve around a stupid character like NS Zombie.

Call me a whiner, but it simply isn't fun to play with or against Zombie. B1 looks much better, despite having a similar shtick.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    DOes losing stacks count as dying? If yes then there is actually a reason to put Ventress on a separatist squad now. :)
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Ventress will love B1. So there is actually a reason to put her on a separatist squad now. :)

B1 isn't "defeated" though until he's down to 0 stacks....up until that point, he's just losing stacks and not defeated or killed. So he won't feed AV's unique. By contrast, Zombie is defeated and revives.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    All i see is target lock and IG88 zeta.....bye bye healing
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    If it’s going to be arena viable I feel like there has to be sort of anti counter mechanism. B2 and B1 both with AOE abilities that Rebels and other counter teams would just eat alive.

But b1 just comes back, and b2 grants all other droids a bunch of TM

B1 isn’t going to come back very long if he’s getting smacked with constant counter attacks. And B2 will give a CLS lead more TM than he gives droids. Have you ever seen a Traya team vs the new CLS teams? Remember what happens when Sion uses that AOE, even with all of the defensive mechanisms from Traya?

I’m not criticizing the characters yet, because we don’t have 3/5 of the team. I was just trying to predict what we might see coming based on the current weaknesses.

Taunts, GG will force taunt, prob a lot of other foresights and stuff coming too
  • NEED
  • Hanfirst wrote: »
    He better not require gear thar gives health(Carbanti, Stun guns) if he has 1 HP that is such **** for eating up gear.

You better believe he's going to require a lot of health gear. Start hoarding those carbs and mk6 droid callers.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    He better not require gear thar gives health(Carbanti, Stun guns) if he has 1 HP that is such **** for eating up gear.

You better believe he's going to require a lot of health gear. Start hoarding those carbs and mk6 droid callers.

Yes, just like Yoda and C3PO... :s
  • I wish Stormtrooper has something similar to Droid Battalion.
  • I wonder about mass assist attacks. If you trigger mass assist from Revan or GK for example. Will B1 lose 8 stacks or 40?
  • I wonder about mass assist attacks. If you trigger mass assist from Revan or GK for example. Will B1 lose 8 stacks or 40?

Sub in Ezra for a potential 2 hits on basic for whooping 48 stacks.

B1 is great, but we still need more to have a chance against JKR.
  • I'm still not sure if multi attacks or mass attacks would work like that? Things like Flurry of Blows and Fracture deal multiple instances of damage in one attack.
    A mass or multi hit attack deals damage once with every instance of the attack (ie Leia attacks 3 times, three instances of one damage, Gk assist with 1 instance of damage from each buffed ally), so theoretically if B1 "dies" to the first attack instance, then going off other times when enemies die before the second or third instance, the character wouldn't attack again, and B1 would only lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion?
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • If I am reading his kit right, he needs two zetas? If a mass produced fodder unit like a B1 has two zetas, I am scared that Droideka or magnaguard may have even more. Heck, they may even give Grievous a zeta for each arm.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm only seeying 1 zeta
    Unique 2 - Droid Battalion
    FINAL TEXT (ZETA): B1 can't score critical hits or be revived. B1 has no Protection, 1 Health and 100 stacks of Droid Battalion, and can't be defeated or destroyed while they have Droid Battalion. When all stacks of Droid Battalion expire, B1 immediately destroys itself. B1 is immune to Damage Over Time.
    When B1 takes damage, they dispel all debuffs on themselves and lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion. At the start of B1's turn, they gain 3 stacks of Droid Battalion.
    Droid Battalion: Each stack grants B1 +2% Offense and all Separatist allies +0.5% Tenacity and Critical Avoidance
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • One ability is unlocked at lvl 82 and the other is unlocked at 84. Every final ability that unlocks at those levels has required a zeta.
  • If the text doesn't specify Zeta, it doesn't need a Zeta. That simple. No need for level based theory crafting when there is a clear text.
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    I'm still not sure if multi attacks or mass attacks would work like that? Things like Flurry of Blows and Fracture deal multiple instances of damage in one attack.
    A mass or multi hit attack deals damage once with every instance of the attack (ie Leia attacks 3 times, three instances of one damage, Gk assist with 1 instance of damage from each buffed ally), so theoretically if B1 "dies" to the first attack instance, then going off other times when enemies die before the second or third instance, the character wouldn't attack again, and B1 would only lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion?

B1 doesn't die, as his kit says he can not be defeated until there are 0 stacks remaining. If he is never defeated, then all of those attacks will hit. Each hit will take off 8 stacks. So theoretically, if you did Revans direct focus and then GKs mass assist back to back, then that would remove 80 stacks right there. add in an additional 16 if you have Ezra and he hits for a 2nd time in both cases. So that's 96 stacks after 2 players have gone. Theoretically.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    @Ephran Boba and Chopper, at least, would beg to differ.

Boba:
    qlwaqcmub3p6.png

Chopper:
    s6vvwwf23rda.png

• Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Ephran Boba and Chopper, at least, would beg to differ.

Really? I've had their abilities maxed for a long time.
  • Alright, so the kit reveal says that only droid battalion has a zeta, not his other unique or special. But roger roger and blast them both need to be above level 80 to be unlocked, which means zetas, while droid battalion stops at level 80, which means it should be an omega ability. Either there has been some sort of mistake, or they are completely changing how abilities work after level 80.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    One ability is unlocked at lvl 82 and the other is unlocked at 84. Every final ability that unlocks at those levels has required a zeta.
    well...
    • b1 barrage: lvl 8 unlocks at lvl 76
    • blast them: lvl 8 unlocks at lvl 82
    • roger roger: lvl 8 unlocks at lvl 84
    • droid battalion: lvl 8 unlocks at lvl 80 (has a zeta according to the kit info)
    so i dunno man.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The Zeta adds 50 stacks to get to the 100 in the ability description. So he's much less useful without the Zeta: only 50 stacks.

The other three are all Omega abilities.

This is according to GG, however.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So it seems that he only does have one zeta. While we have had omega abilities that were unlocked at levels above 80, they are very rare, and we have never had two of those on one character. We also have never had a zeta that was unlocked at level 80. In fact, the description of a zeta mat is, “A rare material used to upgrade character abilities beyond level 80.” I know CG was getting all upset about us nitpicking that the definition of a few is two in the road ahead, but beyond level 80 means more than 80, so we shouldn’t have zetas AT level 80.
  • Check swgoh.gg
    Only one zeta: Droid Battalion
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Technically, both definitions are right.
    What I'm more worried about is how many Zetas Grievous and Magnaguard will need and if those Zetas will be necessary for the next Legendary event that needs Separatists
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    So it seems that he only does have one zeta. While we have had omega abilities that were unlocked at levels above 80, they are very rare, and we have never had two of those on one character. We also have never had a zeta that was unlocked at level 80. In fact, the description of a zeta mat is, “A rare material used to upgrade character abilities beyond level 80.” I know CG was getting all upset about us nitpicking that the definition of a few is two in the road ahead, but beyond level 80 means more than 80, so we shouldn’t have zetas AT level 80.

Why would you look at the levels at which an ability is unlock if you could just view the kit on the forum though?
    I mean, you can get all up in their business about lvl 80 not being beyond level 80 which the zeta mat description states, but why would you?