Should NS zombie rework be opted out of squad arena

The zombies rework should be opted out of squad arena for all I see are NS squads to the point I have to search a lot for none NS squads or start to build my own to battle theirs

Should the network opt the zombies new ability out of squad arena? I think it should

Replies

• Huh?
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    If you have arena full of NS, build Imp Troopers or some other AoE heavy team. But there are no NS teams in arena on mature shards anyway, so you might be just adjusting to something your shard will grow out of soon.
  • A strong CLS team should beat them still. Yes NS when fully upgraded are a pain if you dony have the right squad to beat them... they're a rock so dont fight them using scissors... go find some paper.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Zombie new and different. Only logical solution is to remove her from arena.

Might as well just Ban B1 and Droideka now too. Just to be safe.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Seriously though, I'm guessing you are on a young shard. The solo scoundrels can Auto NS and are all farmable now. Qira Vandor L3 + 2 scoundrel attackers.
  • NS is an old team that shouldn’t be as viable as it is currently. The NS zombie rework buffed the team so much that some soft-counters that worked before are now hard-countered by the rework. Reminder: this rework was to fix paper zombie (only done so because CG can’t allow cheese in the STR, not to buff them in arena) yet, it still affected the arena and PvP gameplay, and I believe it to be for the worse.

However, it’s been out for a while now and I doubt any change is going to come to fix this issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No. No player development should be restricted in any game play mode. We learned this from the banned toons in GA. We work and strategize to build the roster we want to use. Build counters and figure out a better strategy, that is the way to overcome, not remove the problem from the path.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    A strong CLS team should beat them still. Yes NS when fully upgraded are a pain if you dony have the right squad to beat them... they're a rock so dont fight them using scissors... go find some paper.

On offense you mean? Because CLS teams are not that good on defense.

My preferred counter to NS is zbossk-led bounty hunters with jango's unique also z'd. Wear the sisters down, then be sure to take them down on zjango's turn (or with boba's special rocket launcher thing) so they can't be rezzed.
  • Anyway, you can't complain bitterly about banned toons in TW (which was completely fine, I really don't get what the whole mega drama was about) and then clamor for banned toons in Arena. Why not ban revan, traya, and palp while we're at it?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Marek381 wrote: »
    The zombies rework should be opted out of squad arena for all I see are NS squads to the point I have to search a lot for none NS squads or start to build my own to battle theirs

Alternatively send in your empire team. Most players build one as one of the first few teams.
  • Nightsisters are annoying but there are a variety of counters available.
  • I run a 103.5k nightsister team and I'm one of 2 others in top 50 that arent Revan.

Revan is a solid counter for NS on defense, and Revan/Bastila w/ Jolee can sometimes run timer down on offense. Traya and strong Palpatines are also solid counters.

Cant say CLS rebels give me a hard time, old ben dies and then chewie, once those two are gone the team falls apart. Although a dumb ai spamming AOEs without zombie taunting might be luck killed.

The issue sounds like you dont have enough buff control or damage output to take down zombie or remove its taunt. Consider using nest to remove zombie taunt and focus Daka > Talzin > Assaj
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Alternatively send in your empire team. Most players build one as one of the first few teams.

I have Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Tie Pilot and Tharkin and I will not win over well geared and moded NS squad since Zombie rework. All the revives and heals will eventually kill me. But that does not matter that much because my shard around rank 200-500 is full of zBastila teams and they will eat up anything Empire can produce on both defense and offense so sticking to Empire is good if you want to see what teams are being played around rank 1000 ...
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Ladislav wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I have Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Tie Pilot and Tharkin and I will not win over well geared and moded NS squad since Zombie rework. All the revives and heals will eventually kill me. But that does not matter that much because my shard around rank 200-500 is full of zBastila teams and they will eat up anything Empire can produce on both defense and offense so sticking to Empire is good if you want to see what teams are being played around rank 1000 ...

Sub out one for Shoretrooper. You will stomp them.