Emperor's Shuttle Actual Drop Rates?

Prev13
I know we have the published drop rates from CG but curious if anyone can share their experience so far?

Replies

• 0 as it starts on 02/08....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Why would you assume it's anything other than what they've published though?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 0 as it starts on 02/08....

There's a couple time zones that are past midnight already, and should have had their drops start.
  • Why would you blindly trust that everything CG posts is working as intended
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    Why would you blindly trust that everything CG posts is working as intended

Found the conspiracy theorist.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The actual drop rates will be the stated drop rates.

What players pull in limited series may differ, but that's doesnt change the actual drop rates.
  • Not a conspiracy theorist as I wouldn’t have attributed it not working to malintent.

All I asked for was for was for people to share their experiences but I see I’m met with only the people who can’t help but have an opinion on everything except for the original question in the post.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    Not a conspiracy theorist as I wouldn’t have attributed it not working to malintent.

All I asked for was for was for people to share their experiences but I see I’m met with only the people who can’t help but have an opinion on everything except for the original question in the post.

You asked that the actual drop rate is. The actual drop rate doesnt change, and is exactly what is stated. That's how math works.

What you want to see is small sets of data from a sub set of players, which will most likely lead to opinions based on incomplete facts and a misunderstanding of statistics.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sorry, my curiousity got the better of me.
    To awnser your question; i don't know, the event hasn't started yet for me.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m 55/1475, so about 3.7% for me.

Got a 0/8 and 8/8 at various points.
  • 5/6 so far. 20 energy node
  • leef wrote: »
    Why would you assume it's anything other than what they've published though?

Because when money is an incentive it's always good to assume that people won't be honest about stuff. It's the most logical response based on our experience with human behavior
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

eh?
    This doesn't make any sense. It's impossible to spend 1475 fleet energy and i assume you haven't simmed 1475 fleet nodes.
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

Lol I think your maths are jes a lil WAY off there
  • Stud3099 wrote: »

Is it a conspiracy theory when we know the track record of EA?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    24 shards / 480 energy (1 refill was banked). So I got better than the announced drop rate.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Yes it is. This was the first time ever they announced drop rates. People had suspicions about drop rates before, actually you can see a post about it every week. Yet any long term tracker kept finding the same results. You can throughly research this topic on reddit if you are interested.

I think my math is fine. 55 shards returned for (actually) 1470 energy consumed. That's a 3.74% drop rate if you want to be a 'lil' more precise.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Yes it is. This was the first time ever they announced drop rates. People had suspicions about drop rates before, actually you can see a post about it every week. Yet any long term tracker kept finding the same results. You can throughly research this topic on reddit if you are interested.

I mean, they did bait and switch with the ship energy pack. Waited until after the event started to tell us we could only by the energy pack once instead of once per day as originally stated.

I think my math is fine. 55 shards returned for (actually) 1470 energy consumed. That's a 3.74% drop rate if you want to be a 'lil' more precise.

Now , try doing the math using shards returned for sims attempted, . . . There’s your drop rate .
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I mean, they did bait and switch with the ship energy pack. Waited until after the event started to tell us we could only by the energy pack once instead of once per day as originally stated.

Thus we should hyperbole everything into the idea that they are lying? Do they have anything to gain from lying about droprates? They are smart enough to know many players will track the rates in a game where millions of nerds play. Mistakes and lying are two very different things. You can condemn them all you want for the constant mistakes they keep doing.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Lastly they don't even have to announce drop rates whatsoever, till this one they never did. If I were them I wouldn't even announce it this time. Why risk it...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Now , try doing the math using shards returned for sims attempted, . . . There’s your drop rate .

In his defense, this is the one droprate which is better expressed with shard/energy used. Caught me offguard aswell, also because 1475 isn't divisible by 8 or 10.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This new ship's blueprints have a drop rate of 4% per point of Ship Energy per attempt (8 = 32%, 10 = 40%, 16 = 64%, 20 = 80%). Please note that each attempt is an independent event.
    3.74% is rather close to 4%

In his defense, this is the one droprate which is better expressed with shard/energy used. Caught me offguard aswell, also because 1475 isn't divisible by 8 or 10.
    This new ship's blueprints have a drop rate of 4% per point of Ship Energy per attempt (8 = 32%, 10 = 40%, 16 = 64%, 20 = 80%). Please note that each attempt is an independent event.

Mebbe, In that light, that is one way to make it work, Seems easier to follow with, 100 sims netted me xx shards, since the percent is essentially the same over any node.

That being said. What nodes is being used, would appear to be low energy nodes which have a slight less chance of paying off.

• Kyno wrote: »
    Not a conspiracy theorist as I wouldn’t have attributed it not working to malintent.

You asked that the actual drop rate is. The actual drop rate doesnt change, and is exactly what is stated. That's how math works.

What you want to see is small sets of data from a sub set of players, which will most likely lead to opinions based on incomplete facts and a misunderstanding of statistics.

Requoted for all the truth in it. We could sticky the above by Kyno for all drop rates (except to note that the character shards are ~30%). But the above four sentences are probably two of the truest things ever posted on these forums regarding drop rates in the past 3+ years.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Mebbe, In that light, that is one way to make it work, Seems easier to follow with, 100 sims netted me xx shards, since the percent is essentially the same over any node.

That being said. What nodes is being used, would appear to be low energy nodes which have a slight less chance of paying off.
    The different nodes all have different droprates, but the droprate per energy remains the same. 100 energy on a 10 energy node (40% droprate) or on a 20 energy node (80% droprate) drops the same amount of shards on average, 4 in this example.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    42 tries 34 shard, simm from hard node 20 Energy, 80 % drop rate

Umm I don't think it works like that. It is a 4% chance per energy point so the math he did is actually the best way. It is a 32% chance on an 8 energy node and an 80% chance on a 20 energy node so simply saying out of 100 Sims I got X number of shards would not work unless you specify that all Sims came from 20 energy nodes.

Essentially if I sim 100 times on an 8 energy node I should get 32 shards but if I sim 100 times on a 20 energy shard I would get 80 shards. If you sim on a mix of different energy shards you have to determine your rate per energy as he did.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Thus we should hyperbole everything into the idea that they are lying? Do they have anything to gain from lying about droprates? They are smart enough to know many players will track the rates in a game where millions of nerds play. Mistakes and lying are two very different things. You can condemn them all you want for the constant mistakes they keep doing.

No, but you just have to realize that you must take everything they say with a grain of salt. They have gone back on the things they say often enough that it is within the realm of possibility that they will edit the post today with different drop rates than initially stated.

It's all well and good to differentiate between lies and mistakes, but then all they have to do is say it was mistake to list them at 4% per energy instead of 2% per energy.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    leef wrote: »

But not all sims are alike. I used 32 x 20 energy sims for Sith Fighter, 32 x 16 energy sims for Ani's Fighter, and the balance for 10 energy sims for purple gear.

The published drop rate of 4% was in terms of ship energy spent, and that is how I represented my observations as a comparison. Due to the tiered energy costs for various missions, the only consistent factor to determine a drop rate is in terms in of energy spent per shard - not how many sims you've attempted.

If you're only farming using your 165 free energy per day, it doesn't matter a lot because you're probably only farming 8/16 missions. But if you've preloaded energy and/or you're investing in multiple refreshes each day, its likely you'll be farming across several energy tiers because node refresh costs become excessive the more you refresh any particular hard fleet node.