Emperor's Shuttle Actual Drop Rates?

Replies

• Now, I don't think they are lying. However, double checking never hurts because...Hanlon's razor.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    Why would you blindly trust that everything CG posts is working as intended

Found the conspiracy theorist.

Is it a conspiracy theory when we know the track record of EA?

Yes it is. This was the first time ever they announced drop rates. People had suspicions about drop rates before, actually you can see a post about it every week. Yet any long term tracker kept finding the same results. You can throughly research this topic on reddit if you are interested.

I mean, they did bait and switch with the ship energy pack. Waited until after the event started to tell us we could only by the energy pack once instead of once per day as originally stated.

Thus we should hyperbole everything into the idea that they are lying? Do they have anything to gain from lying about droprates? They are smart enough to know many players will track the rates in a game where millions of nerds play. Mistakes and lying are two very different things. You can condemn them all you want for the constant mistakes they keep doing.

No, but you just have to realize that you must take everything they say with a grain of salt. They have gone back on the things they say often enough that it is within the realm of possibility that they will edit the post today with different drop rates than initially stated.

It's all well and good to differentiate between lies and mistakes, but then all they have to do is say it was mistake to list them at 4% per energy instead of 2% per energy.

There's taking what they say with a grain of salt and there's asking the unprovable even before the event started in your timezone.
    There's no indication whatsoever that they lied or made a mistake.
    Do you really feel like ea/cg screwed up so much that it justifies asking if they screwed up even if there isn't any indication they did? That's one heck of a level of distrust imo, borderline paranoia.
    i mean, i wouldn't be suprised if they screwed up, but assuming they did before hand is an entirely different thing. What's the point in reading the forum if you're not going to trust anything the devs say anyway?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Yes it is. This was the first time ever they announced drop rates. People had suspicions about drop rates before, actually you can see a post about it every week. Yet any long term tracker kept finding the same results. You can throughly research this topic on reddit if you are interested.

I mean, they did bait and switch with the ship energy pack. Waited until after the event started to tell us we could only by the energy pack once instead of once per day as originally stated.

Thus we should hyperbole everything into the idea that they are lying? Do they have anything to gain from lying about droprates? They are smart enough to know many players will track the rates in a game where millions of nerds play. Mistakes and lying are two very different things. You can condemn them all you want for the constant mistakes they keep doing.

No, but you just have to realize that you must take everything they say with a grain of salt. They have gone back on the things they say often enough that it is within the realm of possibility that they will edit the post today with different drop rates than initially stated.

It's all well and good to differentiate between lies and mistakes, but then all they have to do is say it was mistake to list them at 4% per energy instead of 2% per energy.

There's taking what they say with a grain of salt and there's asking the unprovable even before the event started in your timezone.
    There's no indication whatsoever that they lied or made a mistake.
    Do you really feel like ea/cg screwed up so much that it justifies asking if they screwed up even if there isn't any indication they did? That's one heck of a level of distrust imo, borderline paranoia.
    i mean, i wouldn't be suprised if they screwed up, but assuming they did before hand is an entirely different thing. What's the point in reading the forum if you're not going to trust anything the devs say anyway?

No, there was some hyperbole in my statement as well. I have no reason to think the drop rates aren't what they say, outside of the fact that the things they say are often wrong. From the screenshots I've seen, they are about as close to the stated 4% as you can expect, though.
  • Stanleyclimbfall
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    ciddoypq5ldr.png

0% drop rate

Event is bugged
  • Snowden will get to the bottom of this
  • I'm getting the same bugged screen, so I can't try this out yet.

*sigh*
  • Was going to use all my energy and then wait for it reload. Guess I woke up for nothing.

As in the words of the storm trooper "move along"
  • If you guys can't clear that error, try force close the app. If that doesn't work, reinstalling might help.

Either way, reporting the situation on AnswersHQ could be beneficial.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
  • This old Chestnut again.
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    I’m 55/1475, so about 3.7% for me.

Got a 0/8 and 8/8 at various points.

Lol I think your maths are jes a lil WAY off there

I think my math is fine. 55 shards returned for (actually) 1470 energy consumed. That's a 3.74% drop rate if you want to be a 'lil' more precise.

UPDATE: The drop rate has improved to 3.95% i.e. 85 shards for 2,150 fleet energy spent.

On that basis, I'll need ~1,520 energy over 4 days to reach 5*. I've purchased the fleet energy pack so I'll need to rely on several refreshes daily from herein.
  • I'm at just over 2,000 energy spent (1k saved + 3x 120 + 640) and I'm at almost exactly 4%...320 on SF, 128 on ETA, rest on purple gear.
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This is a bit aggravating. I posted about this last night - stayed up past midnight just to do this when it launched, as EA claimed midnight your local time, but it didn't hit, and I'm STILL waiting to see it while it's going on 9am here.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    enlguy wrote: »
    This is a bit aggravating. I posted about this last night - stayed up past midnight just to do this when it launched, as EA claimed midnight your local time, but it didn't hit, and I'm STILL waiting to see it while it's going on 9am here.

The frustration must be palpable.
  • enlguy wrote: »

So is it supposed to drop at midnight local time? Your personal refresh time (if you changed it)? Or some other "midnight somewhere" time?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    I’m 55/1475, so about 3.7% for me.

Got a 0/8 and 8/8 at various points.

Eh, I see what you did there
  • Got 19 shards out of 480 ship energy so far, i.e. 3,96%, which is what's to be expected based on the stated drop rate.

Anyway, would have been pretty foolish for them to state the wrong drop rate, since it's easy for everyone to check. Too many conspiracy nuts on this forum.
  • SonofRambo
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Be warned it appears the fleet energy pack is only available for one purchase over the 5 days rather than once per day as originally assumed. Has put a spanner in my farming plan

I’m 54 / 1584 so 3.4% for me
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Why would you assume it's anything other than what they've published though?

Because when money is an incentive it's always good to assume that people won't be honest about stuff. It's the most logical response based on our experience with human behavior

You are so wise
    Tell us more you genius
  • So far I've used about 400 energy on a 10 energy node and I've got 20/80 shards. So, it's going fairly well for me so far.
  • No_Try wrote: »

I think given the history of bugs and shady dealings coming from EA that questioning short term drop rates is not necessarily "conspiracy theory". I mean would you really put it past EA to alter drop rates for short periods of time in order to increase spending for an event? I sure wouldn't.
  • No_Try wrote: »

I think given the history of bugs and shady dealings coming from EA that questioning short term drop rates is not necessarily "conspiracy theory". I mean would you really put it past EA to alter drop rates for short periods of time in order to increase spending for an event? I sure wouldn't.

I would put it past them to explicitly lie about drop rates during an event. That's a whole other level.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • 21/380 on 20 energy nodes
    I also noticed that the drop rate for regular shards has also improved. Only missed one shard out of 20 tries
  • This far, 6/6 20 energy Sith Fighter node
  • I'm envious of some of you sharing. Currently at 3.33% per energy. Hoping that levels out to 4% before the event ends.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    enlguy wrote: »

So is it supposed to drop at midnight local time? Your personal refresh time (if you changed it)? Or some other "midnight somewhere" time?

Your personal refresh time.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I have quite a history with this company, it's not EA, it's CG. They started with humble beginning of facebook games. I came here from their previous game which was also an EA property. As Nikom's comment, Hanlon's razor is very much in action here. Of course all their dealing have very much profit focus. We can see this openly and clearly in most of their decision processes (character design, release timing and method etc.).

Pack probabilities is one such thing that takes advantage of gambler's fallacy and other perceptional shortcomings. Nowadays they are law bound to announce it. Did the announcement change any of the player decisions? I doubt it. And anyone with minor knowledge of how such things are designed should already know your chances to get the best outcome is incredibly skewed. This applies almost everywhere in the game like getting the highest speed bump on a given slicing.

I don't know what you exactly mean by shady dealings. I remember exactly one of those, the droid caller change when Rancor was introduced. What you have in mind as such are probably mere incompetence to my understanding. Yes I would put it past them to alter drop rates for short periods of time to increase spending.

Why use guerilla tactics when you can easily do it openly playing into people's weaknesses, desires and tendencies? You have very little to gain and much to lose. In terms of customer image you are already fighting an uphill battle where any single thing you will do will be scrutinised to death by millions of eyes and you will regularly fail in something no matter what you do.

Anyway, believe what you believe. I think this is still blowing it out of proportion. We are on the same side as our motivations perfectly align. I just don't see the Goliath same as you.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    6ydyfvhk68fx.png
    Drop rates are great and even better I was able to complete 1 g12 and 1 g12+ gear.
    Looking forward to tomorrow! Thx CG!
    Much rather this then buying packs.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Re the point of this thread, my initial drops were spot on the stated 4% mark. A little under 1k energy spent got me 39 shards.
  • 9/15 attempts on Nest.
    So on an 80% chance node I am currently achieving less than 66% success.
    Small sample though.
  • Corpus wrote: »
    9/15 attempts on Nest.
    So on an 80% chance node I am currently achieving less than 66% success.
    Small sample though.

Spent 1,000 energy (640 energy pack + 360 energy from refreshes at midnight). At 46/80 vs the "average" expected value of 40/80, so I'm slightly ahead.