Not enough Zetas to go around...

The last time I spent any fleet tokens to get shards was a very long time ago. I've been spending my tokens exclusively on Zetas, my guild is high GP and we win alot more than we lose, getting 3 Zetas in TW most of the time. I'm also undefeated in GA and despite all the effort I'm constantly dry off Zetas.

Revan comes and brings 3 more and 1 with Jolee if you actually want to have a competitive arena squad. Then all the legendaries which required Zetas to get to 7 stars like Bossk for BH and Chirpa for 3PO.

I look back at all of my Zetas and I can tell you with great certainty that I don't regret any of them. I keep seeing posts asking to refund Zetas but if I could go back I wouldn't refund any of them because I'm always very careful of how I spend them. I'm by no means wasteful or impulsive with Zetas and still I find myself short.

Now we're about to get a bunch of reworks as well as a new character that we know of. The amount of Zetas we need to enjoy all of these squads even after we've spent tons of gear for all of them, is very high.

I understand the incentive of keeping them low and force us to do the extra work to earn them in GA and TW but even with my impressive and definitely way high than average win rate I'm still unable to get the amount of Zetas I need.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They are meant to be a rare resource, this makes the choices we make each time a hard one. Not to say that you didnt or dont find use for the ones we have used, but each time we use it do we think we have a better use for it in the foreseeable future.

If you have made no choices you wouldnt trade for another (half the point of the refunds people suggest), than consider yourself lucky and keep with your plan.

The income rate is ok, but good but good enough. If they increased them then as you pointed out whole game modes become less because people dont want to put in the work if the rewards are just more of something that will sit for a while.

Also as you approach later game omegas become the choke point not zetas.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They are meant to be a rare resource, this makes the choices we make each time a hard one. Not to say that you didnt or dont find use for the ones we have used, but each time we use it do we think we have a better use for it in the foreseeable future.

If you have made no choices you wouldnt trade for another (half the point of the refunds people suggest), than consider yourself lucky and keep with your plan.

The income rate is ok, but good but good enough. If they increased them then as you pointed out whole game modes become less because people dont want to put in the work if the rewards are just more of something that will sit for a while.

Why does it HAVE to be a hard choice?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Because they are end game abilities.

I don't understand the logic. They aren't really end game abilities because the game has no "end game". It's continuous process that is only affected by the power creep.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    The game is about managing resources. So shut up and just manage them. You claimed that there is no stun gun bottleneck. So why don’t you find the zeta “illusion”
    The idea of this kind of game is working towards a goals ... making things difficult to acquire and introducing things that are important and new is what this game always does. You will never have all the zetas.
  • Stick wrote: »
    The game is about managing resources. So shut up and just manage them. You claimed that there is no stun gun bottleneck. So why don’t you find the zeta “illusion”
    The idea of this kind of game is working towards a goals ... making things difficult to acquire and introducing things that are important and new is what this game always does. You will never have all the zetas.

Learn the difference between gear(stats) and abilities.
  • I've got zetas up the wazoo, manage yours better.
    jkb6z25leqhu.jpg
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I've got zetas up the wazoo, manage yours better.
    jkb6z25leqhu.jpg

Wow, if you don't mind, can I see your profile and how long you've played?
    I've got zetas up the wazoo, manage yours better.
    jkb6z25leqhu.jpg

You're hoarding resources at an extreme level. That's good for you, having the patience to do this. Although I'm also assuming you rank very high because there's no way you have enough crystals to save AND farm all the nodes. This type of hoarding is impossible for those who don't place top 5 in both arenas
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/137721834/

Played since Nov 2016?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/137721834/

Played since Nov 2016?

Hhm, I have 2 less zetas than you but then again you have enough materials to get 9 more.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    3 zeta mats from challenges per week (slightly more on average).
    3 from TW per week (you win most).
    Up to 6 from fleet shop.
    1-2 from daily login rewards and Wicket/Talzin events.

Add to this a couple from GA or other special events/sources.

Altogether, you can farm 2 full zetas every 3 weeks (give or take), which seems quite reasonable.

Because if it wasn't, it the significance of zeta's would be watered down. Rare things are designed to be powerful, and Zetas are meant to be relatively rare. If the choice wasn't hard, it would mean that zetas are either easy to come by, or there are clear best zetas and you just follow the best zeta list and that's boring gameplay

https://swgoh.gg/p/137721834/

Played since Nov 2016?

Hhm, I have 2 less zetas than you but then again you have enough materials to get 9 more.

I also have enough currency to buy enough zeta mats for another 10 more, but my bottleneck is Omega mats in all seriousness. As you approach the end game, you will eventually see that the choke point is Omega mats, and I buy them from the Ability mats packs that they occasionally sell, as well as from Weekly Shipments, and still there isn't enough Omegas.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I’ve used 65 zetas on characters and still I feel like I’m perpetually behind the curve...

Sure I put a lot of zetas into “questionable” choices for the sake of experimentation and the fact that’s its fun to try different things...

It’s nice that they’ve made them somewhat easier to obtain.... But still... there never seems to be enough haha

There’s always some new character or reworks that need buttloads of zetas :(
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    also I made this same thread a year a half ago... when 17 zetas was apparently a lot

(Its kind of funny to go back and read it now)

But the point still stands....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124434/the-zeta-crunch/p1
  • I've just recently unlocked both JTR and JKR and only have one zeta ready. Holding it until after reworks and new droids even though my droids are weak. Haven't had much luck in the challenge recently and still have things to buy in the fleet store so I usually only buy one mat/week.
    Besides JTR and JKR, there are many I'd like to try such as Big Z or one of the new BH. I don't have any NS zetas yet as I haven't had resources to spare on them. Used 4 on CLS and Chewie since the return of Chewie's event but am now dropping in arena to the surge of Revan teams that can beat me even at gear 10.
    I started playing in Nov 2017. My first Zeta was Thrawn lead, which helped fight all the EP lead in the arena at the time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Just out of curiousity, what's your .gg profile or allycode? (i know you're probably not going to share)
    I'm just wondering what makes you think you don't have enough zetas. Are you gearing up superfast? which will enevitably lead to having alot of g12 toons which would benefit from reasonably good zetas without having enough zetas to equip on them.
    Personally i haven't had that problem, i do have some g12's that have reasonably good zetas which i haven't equiped, but that's about it. I've got 4 spare zetas at the moment, but i don't have unequiped abilities left which would really make a difference.
    The fun part of not having unlimited zetas is the planning/resource management aspect of it. Soon we'll get the droid reworks/releases, which may very well shake up the meta. I saved up zetas instead of equiping them on toons like ezra just to be ready for something like that to happen. However, chances are that ea/cg releases an even more powerfull meta next month (darth malak/revan for example), so again i have to make a choice whether or not i'm going to equip them on the droids, or save them to be ready for a potentially even better option. Managing your resources "correctly" can give you a competative advantage in arena/ga/tw. That's one of the aspects i really enjoy in this game.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019

I don't understand the logic. They aren't really end game abilities because the game has no "end game". It's continuous process that is only affected by the power creep.

It is unlikely they will add another set of skills.

Power creep and progression aside, zetas are the highest level of skills achievable at this moment, that means they are the current end game material. When they are not, then they may be easier to get.

Edit to add:

Unlikely is not strong enough for adding a skill. They have never added a skill, the max has always been 8, they just took it from some and added zetas, and other they add to the 7 and give 8.

I think you misunderstand what end game and power creep means in a game of this style.

End game - is a road you are on, not the destination. We have hit what would be considered "end game" a few times already. They are caps put in place, we have had 2 different level and gear caps in place throughout the history of the game, at those times they were "end game", then they added another turn off the road to bring us to a new level of "end game". End game is not a point you hit and can say I'm done, they are a series of checks on the path. There is no solid definition for this, as in a progression game, things like this need to be dynamic.

Power creep - has nothing to do with end game. A new more powerful toon or ship is just another check box on the path, having that toon or ship doesnt mean you are an end game player, not having it doesnt mean you are not. New players can and will have access to more powerful toons and ships way earlier in their game then veterans did comparatively.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Smapty wrote: »
    also I made this same thread a year a half ago... when 17 zetas was apparently a lot

(Its kind of funny to go back and read it now)

But the point still stands....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124434/the-zeta-crunch/p1

Read your old post. Interesting snapshot of the game a couple weeks before I started. Greatest part for me was:
    Now Luke has 3... the soon to be revealed reworked rebels will probably need them as well...

A year later, after NS, Resistance, Sith, Solo, BH, and KotOR toons were released or reworked, Chewbacca arrived for the reworked rebels.

Puts all the certainty about "the upcoming Dark Revan release" into perspective. Maybe it's right around the corner. Maybe it's not. :smiley: