Since the introduction of "Mod Energy"...

The chances of getting a good/great mods has significantly dropped.

Please fix this, CG. It's been months since I was able to get a decent mod. All the mods I get now are awful.

Replies

  • Its nothing new. Mod drops have always ****, 90% of my good and decent mods have come from the shop.
    What i would like, is the elimination of any thing less than a 5 dot mod from the mod store. That would help a lot
  • Its nothing new. Mod drops have always ****, 90% of my good and decent mods have come from the shop.
    What i would like, is the elimination of any thing less than a 5 dot mod from the mod store. That would help a lot

    I disagree. My best mods now are all mods I got before mod energy became a thing. Since then, I honestly can't recall getting a good mod. It sucks. My good mods are now getting spread real thin because I can't seem to get any decent ones to put on my other characters.

    I don't understand why, you take the mods that are already good and slice them. You should end up with better mods in the end.
  • Kyno
    22114 posts Moderator
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I've gotten so many better mods since 2.0... the dedicated energy doesn't interfere with cantina, and slicing is where it's at as well as buying them in the store, not farming them where they are all grey or green anyway and need a ton of slices.

    This. Since the nee system I have gotten more mods that are high quality. Some from slice and some upgrades.
  • Gannon
    1473 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I've gotten so many better mods since 2.0... the dedicated energy doesn't interfere with cantina, and slicing is where it's at as well as buying them in the store, not farming them where they are all grey or green anyway and need a ton of slices.

    This. Since the nee system I have gotten more mods that are high quality. Some from slice and some upgrades.

    Same. I'd never found +20-24 speed mods before mod energy came out, and I farmed mods every day with one cantina refresh before, then used the rest for toons. Slicing is also super nice
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I've gotten so many better mods since 2.0... the dedicated energy doesn't interfere with cantina, and slicing is where it's at as well as buying them in the store, not farming them where they are all grey or green anyway and need a ton of slices.

    This. Since the nee system I have gotten more mods that are high quality. Some from slice and some upgrades.

    Same. I'd never found +20-24 speed mods before mod energy came out, and I farmed mods every day with one cantina refresh before, then used the rest for toons. Slicing is also super nice

    I farmed 3 cantina refreshes every day and mostly never found them. Now it's like open season hot cakes at half the energy cost. I love it.
  • I've gotten 1 good mod in a year... 24 speed. Only 5 others in the 16-19. I wish I had better luck. I dont loled paying for mods in the shop. Too expensive to just throw away when speed never improves. I get speed to improve about once in 10 tries.
  • NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited February 8
    Its nothing new. Mod drops have always ****, 90% of my good and decent mods have come from the shop.
    What i would like, is the elimination of any thing less than a 5 dot mod from the mod store. That would help a lot

    I disagree. My best mods now are all mods I got before mod energy became a thing. Since then, I honestly can't recall getting a good mod. It sucks. My good mods are now getting spread real thin because I can't seem to get any decent ones to put on my other characters.

    I don't understand why, you take the mods that are already good and slice them. You should end up with better mods in the end.

    There's only so many mods I have to put on characters I have. I need more mods for my other characters as well.

    Well it might be a different experience coming from a place with no mods. But like allot of us say it use to cost allot more and we would rarely see any value from it.

    But the major takeaway is you can't ever stop farming, because it's a slow grind reliable upon RNG. And the RNG ain't good.
  • NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited February 8
    Its nothing new. Mod drops have always ****, 90% of my good and decent mods have come from the shop.
    What i would like, is the elimination of any thing less than a 5 dot mod from the mod store. That would help a lot

    I disagree. My best mods now are all mods I got before mod energy became a thing. Since then, I honestly can't recall getting a good mod. It sucks. My good mods are now getting spread real thin because I can't seem to get any decent ones to put on my other characters.

    I don't understand why, you take the mods that are already good and slice them. You should end up with better mods in the end.

    There's only so many mods I have to put on characters I have. I need more mods for my other characters as well.

    You know what you could also be right. Maybe because I took advantage of the old system, this new system benefits me more.

    Making it impossible for me to see it from your point of view.
  • I think it's better to just slice your existing mods.
    I have better mods than before due to slicing but I've never gotten God tier mods before or after slicing.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 8
    cfodder wrote: »
    I've gotten 1 good mod in a year... 24 speed. Only 5 others in the 16-19. I wish I had better luck. I dont loled paying for mods in the shop. Too expensive to just throw away when speed never improves. I get speed to improve about once in 10 tries.

    I've been playing for a year and 2 months, and I have 4 20+ speed mods and 24 more 15+ speed mods. I refresh mod energy 3 times a day to improve mods as much as possible. Before mod energy was a thing, I had subpar mods for my arena shard. Now I've got them up to average for my shard. And by continuing to focus on them, I hope to eventually have mods that are better than average. It's a grind to work on them and lots of them don't improve the way I want at all. But if you keep working on them, you will see results.
  • The problem with mods (and not much you can do without even more ridiculous power creep) is that Speed is still all that matters. Obviously very specific toons or or circumstantial squads, zFinn, can prioritize other stuff but it's still the same 95% of mods that you care about are speed secondaries.

    People would complain nowhere near as much about getting terrible mods because who really cares about getting a god roll on protection secondary, no one. The chances of getting a god roll in speed is almost the only thing that constitutes a great mod.
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    The problem with mods (and not much you can do without even more ridiculous power creep) is that Speed is still all that matters. Obviously very specific toons or or circumstantial squads, zFinn, can prioritize other stuff but it's still the same 95% of mods that you care about are speed secondaries.

    People would complain nowhere near as much about getting terrible mods because who really cares about getting a god roll on protection secondary, no one. The chances of getting a god roll in speed is almost the only thing that constitutes a great mod.

    ^^This....I will upgrade a mod to level 12 and check to see if there is any kind of speed whatsoever. If it doesn't have any, I sell it. A waste of a few credits to do every mod I know, but all I care about these days is speed on mods any way I can get it. I know turn meter can be manipulated by some attributes like crit chance and all but I can't convince myself to stop looking for speed secondaries every time I farm mods. "Who goes first" still seems to be the most advantageous to me.
  • mjf9zlfgs7i3.jpg
    I don't know. It's the exact opposite for me. Got these 2 gems this week alone 😊kiga5grus1sc.jpg
  • No_Try
    4037 posts Member
    The chances of getting a good/great mods has significantly dropped.

    Please fix this, CG. It's been months since I was able to get a decent mod. All the mods I get now are awful.

    So....any proof?
  • I'll have to agree. Mod drop rates from the challenges were already HORRENDOUS, and now, it is even beyond that, it DOES appear it got worse after all the mod changes.

    Yes, overall, the system is better, and with slicing we can say it is easier to get great mods, if you include all the free ones you get from events, marquees etc and slice them, but that doesn't change the main point of the thread.

    Why even have "Mod challenges" as a "thing" anymore, the drop rates are so bad now I'll bet less than 5% of players even use them at all anymore. I certainly threw in the towel on them and just farm mod parts instead, just a shame it would be nice to get at least "ONE" decent blue/purple/gold mod for every 3 full 144 energy sims which I think is where it was at b4, now, hah, I'll bet it's like you need to do 10 - 144 energy sims, pathetic
  • leef
    13144 posts Member
    I'll have to agree. Mod drop rates from the challenges were already HORRENDOUS, and now, it is even beyond that, it DOES appear it got worse after all the mod changes.

    Yes, overall, the system is better, and with slicing we can say it is easier to get great mods, if you include all the free ones you get from events, marquees etc and slice them, but that doesn't change the main point of the thread.

    Why even have "Mod challenges" as a "thing" anymore, the drop rates are so bad now I'll bet less than 5% of players even use them at all anymore. I certainly threw in the towel on them and just farm mod parts instead, just a shame it would be nice to get at least "ONE" decent blue/purple/gold mod for every 3 full 144 energy sims which I think is where it was at b4, now, hah, I'll bet it's like you need to do 10 - 144 energy sims, pathetic

    Lets assume you're right about the droprates of blue/purple/golds mods being decreased with the introduction of mods2.0/mod energy. (i say assume because i simply don't know if it's true or not)
    Would it not make sense if they did seeying as you can now slice mods which potentially turns every single 5* mod into a god mod? If we're now able to get decent mods aswell as god mods at a much faster pace than we used to, which i believe we're getting, wouldn't that justify a decrease in blue/purple/gold mods from the challenges?
    I've dedicated ALOT of cantina energy to mod farming, both prior and post to the 100% droprate change. It's not even close to the amount of refreshes i've done after they introduced mod energy, but i'm fairly certain i've gotten more 10+, 15+ and definately more 20+ (way more) than back in those days. On top of that the refreshes are cheaper and you no longer have to choose between farming shards or mods.
    Would it be nice if the challenges dropped better mods? Sure, but based on my experience aqcuiring mods has only gotten easier with time instead of harder. So to me it seems like something we should applaud instead of complain about.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    The problem with mods (and not much you can do without even more ridiculous power creep) is that Speed is still all that matters. Obviously very specific toons or or circumstantial squads, zFinn, can prioritize other stuff but it's still the same 95% of mods that you care about are speed secondaries.

    People would complain nowhere near as much about getting terrible mods because who really cares about getting a god roll on protection secondary, no one. The chances of getting a god roll in speed is almost the only thing that constitutes a great mod.

    I tend to like all my mods to have + health + speed + defense + offense unless it is a toon that really needs potency, then I want to swap out the defense or offense for potency. My preference is for the rolls to be spread around. I like my characters to be at around 50% tenacity.

    But I am 300 to 400 rank with an expired meta team. So what I know is outdated.
  • leef wrote: »
    I'll have to agree. Mod drop rates from the challenges were already HORRENDOUS, and now, it is even beyond that, it DOES appear it got worse after all the mod changes.

    Yes, overall, the system is better, and with slicing we can say it is easier to get great mods, if you include all the free ones you get from events, marquees etc and slice them, but that doesn't change the main point of the thread.

    Why even have "Mod challenges" as a "thing" anymore, the drop rates are so bad now I'll bet less than 5% of players even use them at all anymore. I certainly threw in the towel on them and just farm mod parts instead, just a shame it would be nice to get at least "ONE" decent blue/purple/gold mod for every 3 full 144 energy sims which I think is where it was at b4, now, hah, I'll bet it's like you need to do 10 - 144 energy sims, pathetic

    Lets assume you're right about the droprates of blue/purple/golds mods being decreased with the introduction of mods2.0/mod energy. (i say assume because i simply don't know if it's true or not)
    Would it not make sense if they did seeying as you can now slice mods which potentially turns every single 5* mod into a god mod? If we're now able to get decent mods aswell as god mods at a much faster pace than we used to, which i believe we're getting, wouldn't that justify a decrease in blue/purple/gold mods from the challenges?
    I've dedicated ALOT of cantina energy to mod farming, both prior and post to the 100% droprate change. It's not even close to the amount of refreshes i've done after they introduced mod energy, but i'm fairly certain i've gotten more 10+, 15+ and definately more 20+ (way more) than back in those days. On top of that the refreshes are cheaper and you no longer have to choose between farming shards or mods.
    Would it be nice if the challenges dropped better mods? Sure, but based on my experience aqcuiring mods has only gotten easier with time instead of harder. So to me it seems like something we should applaud instead of complain about.

    Yes agreed and basically what I said. I also said why bother having the challenges anymore if you have to do 10 refreshes to get one good mod, maybe they will do away with it who knows. I mean spending 300 - 400 crystals to get a decent/good mod from the challenges was not "cheap" before, but at least you could. 800+ is just not worth it IMO.

    I suppose farming junk from the challenges and wasting resources to try and find the 1 in 10 that will turn out good is still cheaper (free really) than buying good ones from the store. I guess I am just not at that point yet to bother, I am still working on slicing good mods I acquired years ago, it's going to take a long long time to slice up all those pups.
  • Honestly most of my good mods have come from events like the smugglers run and others
  • Bill0207 wrote: »
    Honestly most of my good mods have come from events like the smugglers run and others

    I have gotten some from them too, but I think for some reason you just remember them more.
Sign In or Register to comment.