Chucko Marek vs The Lords of the Sith, A KotOR Story

13Next

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Revan's story does conclude as a massive quest in SWTOR, but I think his own game around that story (and some additional content) warrants its own game as a KOTOR 3.

I tried with SWTOR, I really did, but to me the MMO style of play made it impossible for me to get into the game.

It was made impossible to progress without teaming up with others and no one seemed wanting to team up. Plus, I play on my time - I cant be held responsible for "meeting" people online. I pick up and play when I want to and when I have time around work and family to do so. Half hour here 40 mins there etc.

Another issue I had was you could see everyone else in the world playing the game racing around to do their next quest - it looked like a chicken run or the amazing race, it just took the immersive feeling out of the game for me. Same could be said about Elder Scrolls Online. I loved Skyrim but was upset by its MMO style follow-up.

SWTOR currently sits on my shelf collecting dust, while I flat out returned Elder Scrolls to EB games.

BIG shame.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Revan's story does conclude as a massive quest in SWTOR, but I think his own game around that story (and some additional content) warrants its own game as a KOTOR 3.

I tried with SWTOR, I really did, but to me the MMO style of play made it impossible for me to get into the game.

It was made impossible to progress without teaming up with others and no one seemed wanting to team up. Plus, I play on my time - I cant be held responsible for "meeting" people online. I pick up and play when I want to and when I have time around work and family to do so. Half hour here 40 mins there etc.

Another issue I had was you could see everyone else in the world playing the game racing around to do their next quest - it looked like a chicken run or the amazing race, it just took the immersive feeling out of the game for me. Same could be said about Elder Scrolls Online. I loved Skyrim but was upset by its MMO style follow-up.

SWTOR currently sits on my shelf collecting dust, while I flat out returned Elder Scrolls to EB games.

BIG shame.

I guess I will read Revans wiki page to find out what happens. lol
  • It is official, I made one last push and beat KotOR 2. Not a bad game, it seemed like they tried to recapture the original by coming up with a second exiled jedi with memory issues. Game play was easy on normal, for the most part. I did make my character a super healer and enlightenment with fury attack was awesome. Will wait for a while before I start both again. This time KotOR should be easier, since I have a better idea of what to do.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    It is official, I made one last push and beat KotOR 2. Not a bad game, it seemed like they tried to recapture the original by coming up with a second exiled jedi with memory issues. Game play was easy on normal, for the most part. I did make my character a super healer and enlightenment with fury attack was awesome. Will wait for a while before I start both again. This time KotOR should be easier, since I have a better idea of what to do.

Nice! - ya the first KOTOR to me was way better and KOTOR 2 certainly tried to recapture the first, but I preferred a lot of the gameplay in KOTOR 2. Best mission by far is spitting your team across Dxun and Onderon and pushing through the temple to save the queen - always thought a good Sith battle there (reminiscent of Darth Maul in TPM) would have been cool.

Like I say, I like the open ending of KOTOR 2 - but very disappointed about the sequel being SWTOR in MMO style - for me as the "3rd part" it really didn't work.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

BIG shame.

There are nice long Youtube videos of Revan's story from SWTOR you could watch - could be fun with a bag of popcorn rather than a boring read on Wookieepedia, lol
  • Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

BIG shame.

There are nice long Youtube videos of Revan's story from SWTOR you could watch - could be fun with a bag of popcorn rather than a boring read on Wookieepedia, lol

Sometimes books are preferable to movies. I still like to nourish my imagination. lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    True - the option is there if you want more of a cinematic experience though. And Wookieepedia is hardly a "good novel".