Does General Kenobi need a Zeta?

With all the Seperstist reworks it makes me think the Jedi of that era will get touched up sooner or later...so do you think General Kenobi need to get a little upgrade to keep him relevant?

Does General Kenobi need a Zeta? 71 votes

Yes, he needs a Zeta
53%
trevyclauseZombie961anonidudeSaralebNo_TryWallynator94RandomSithLordMr_SausageBrtStlndTheRealCaloNordDrazz127FürkészRichfxxxCyprusJK_47HK22MirkraagAustin9370TrojanTevlodiObight1 38 votes
No, he's good enough already
46%
DwinkelmleefPhoenixeonCosmicJjhbuchholzHuatimusDEATHCOYOTECarSickShoeKyJoe_CoolDroidekaCarterHyuuzhanronKrjstoffJaVCnSyrup_Chugger3KiritoismynameTheLordOfMadnessRhunneKai_MulaiMagicMatthews99 33 votes

Replies

• An interesting possibility that I think would make him better without changing much - make Soresu the Zeta,
    - 100% chance to gain a zeta at the end of his turn (+35%Z)
    - General Kenobi can stack up to 3 Foresight's, their cooldown is reset to 2 every time he gains a new one.

Too OP? Or would just keep up with the new tanks coming-out?
  • No, he's good enough already
    He is still one of the best if not the best plug and play tank.

While i kind of see the point 'he's the only raid character without a zeta', fact remains a zeta would make him stronger, and he does not need a boost imo.
  • bl08f4nfqly2.png
    xw8n3gnn4r16.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    lol Legend91 .... you absolutely killed it. I would get that zeta ability in a heart beat...
  • Yes, he needs a Zeta
    Yes but ONLY if it’s clone-specific.
  • He’s been a major part of the meta for as long as any toon. I’d say he’s fine as is. He’s versatile and plug and play in a lot of different factions makes him one of the best characters the game has released
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Yes, he needs a Zeta
    For consistency's sake, General Kenobi needs a zeta since the two other raid characters have them. Others are suggesting further Clone synergy which is an excellent idea or having some synergy that betters JKA and Ahsoka. You could also have a zeta that just gives him 20% extra offense and provides half of that offense to JKA, Ahsoka, and the Clones.
    Nope. As stated, he's an excellent character as is
  • Yes, he needs a Zeta
    Unique not until he really starts to die down, leader yes, if nothing else to have some Jedi variety
  • Odd question.

Would he be better with a zeta? Obviously so.

Does he need one? No.

Is he good without one? He's pretty good yes...very good? Debatable. And down to opinion of course.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If they give him a zeta now, it will be underwhelming since he's already amongst the most used characters in arena at the moment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
    leef wrote: »
    If they give him a zeta now, it will be underwhelming since he's already amongst the most used characters in arena at the moment.

I agree. Wait until he’s basically entirely useless, then revive him with a Zeta... much like with EP. If he gets a zeta today, he will immediately be in decline again tomorrow as power creep accelerates.

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Really? I literally never see him on my shard.

By the way that's a "Really? Isn;t it interesting that shards are different!" rather than a "Really? I think you're lying!"

Because you're obviously not lol.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but he’s on 44 out of the 45 Revan teams in my top 50.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

By the way that's a "Really? Isn;t it interesting that shards are different!" rather than a "Really? I think you're lying!"

I just check the swgoh.gg meta report in these cases. It's not perfect, but it's the best source of objective data available to us that i know of.
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/100/#all
    Obviously it doesn't repressent the entire playerbase since it only focusses on top100, but i think it's safe to assume ea/cg bases their reworks/zetas etc on that group of players. Those players will use the most effective teams available.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but he’s on 44 out of the 45 Revan teams in my top 50.

No sarcasm, being straight.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Before the release of Revan I would have argument Ed that he should get an omega upgrade (5% health and protection on the leadership) and 10% foresight chance on the leadership.

Now no chance to a zeta and I'd be against the omega too.
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    He is still one of the best if not the best plug and play tank.

While i kind of see the point 'he's the only raid character without a zeta', fact remains a zeta would make him stronger, and he does not need a boost imo.

Exactly. He doesn't need a zeta. General Kenobi is EASILY the best tank in the game. And same with my shard, that statistic is very accurate. And I'm one of those top 50 in my arena who use GK.

5b9x405iaky3.png

jljzn8hntgou.png
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
    I don’t think you put a third option, which is the fact that he doesn’t NEED a zeta, but at the same time he’s not "good enough" either. So he could get a rework, but not necessarily a zeta.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Yes, he needs a Zeta
    Who cares if he is the “the best tank in the game”? That’s debatable. He’s great on a Jedi team. As for a great plug and play, not so much anymore. Whenever I put him in a non Revan or Bastilla team he’s borderline useless. He’s constantly stunned, ability blocked, dazed etc.

Why should other outstanding characters have zeta’s and not him? I’d really like to see a zeta that affects his tenacity similar to CLS. If that would happen he would then be a great plug and play character again.
    Oh for goodness sakes, he’s on every REVAN team I fight WITHOUT A ZETA... no he doesn’t need a dang zeta, my word!
    Without zeta he's in almost every bastilla and revan team...
  • Yes, he needs a Zeta

Indeed I rarely see him even in the top 400