I gave up early on expecting speed on decent mods

Mods have become ridiculous and amazingly difficult to find the ideal stat assortment let alone it having a speed pri or sec. I'm honestly just happy to get a 5dot gold of the right shape at this point. Even when I slice having a larger number next to a average speed doesn't guarantee it will raise said speed. Any comments?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    slicing > farming
    I only farm when i run out of mods that are worth slicing. Grey mods are underrated imo. Grey mods with a speed secondary (lvl them to 12) aren't that hard to find and can potentially become amazing. If you farm -> lvl -> slice enough of them you'll eventually end up with solid mods.
    Between the mod store, decent mods from farming right of the bat and farmed mods you need to slice first, it's a whole lot easier to get great mods than it used to be imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The mod store is also useful. They don't always hit, but I've recently bought a +17 and +20 speed mods

Fleet currency I spend more on mods than I do on ships. I stay within top 50 of fleet, so as long as I'm doing that, I feel justified in doing so.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Fleet currency I spend more on mods than I do on ships. I stay within top 50 of fleet, so as long as I'm doing that, I feel justified in doing so.

When can you start to purchase Mods w/ Fleet currency?? My Store only shows an option to pay w/ credits.
  • Personally I've always enjoyed the mod treasure hunt. But indeed, it's difficult to find great mods, and it becomes more difficult over time to find useful mods, as your collection of mods improve.

That said, I have a rule to never lvl up a mod that doesn't have a speed stat, unless I find a mod that will work perfectly for one of the few characters in this game that doesn't need speed, like Baze or B2 for example.

I'm at a point, where I no longer farm random mods. I just use the mod shop and slice my existing mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Geric wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »

When can you start to purchase Mods w/ Fleet currency?? My Store only shows an option to pay w/ credits.

fleet currency / ship building materials.
    plindboe wrote: »
    That said, I have a rule to never lvl up a mod that doesn't have a speed stat, unless I find a mod that will work perfectly for one of the few characters in this game that doesn't need speed, like Baze or B2 for example.
    i level all grey mods to lvl 12, green mods to lvl 9, blue mods to lvl 6 and purple mods to lvl 3 to check if they've got speed on them. Obviously i don't level them any further if they don't.
    A purple mod without speed can get a +20 speed secondary even without slicing. Odds are very low ofcourse, but the same as for a purple mod with speed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • This thread is like complaining about not winning the lottery.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Geric wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Are you sure? Keep an eye on it for a couple of refreshes. It's a changing mix of credits and fleet currency and the small icons are easily mistaken for one another. Mine happens to be all fleet right now so it's possible you just had all credits for that refresh.