Road Ahead: 1/31/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Stokat wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    I am one of the many who doesn't really care about GG or the separatists. While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world) , I think this update would have been better suited for either January or March. I, as many others, really looked forward to February as there was always some cool darkside content released. I am also saddened because this is basically ruining all the excitement around a potential Darth Revan release. We all can pretty much agree that Darth Revan will be released as some sort of journey event. If you are one of the people who are thinking this new content is going to give you more time to farm the new Kotor characters and that you could possibly get a Hero's Journey caliber character without spending money you really need to rethink things and be honest with yourself. There is no way CG will allow people enough time to free-to-play farm the suspected characters for an event that big. You know they are going to make it a paywall event and I would actually be disappointed if they didn't (I won't elaborate on that as it is a completely separate argument). With that being said, if Darth Revan is not coming in February then you can bet it will not be coming for awhile and it will most likely not require all the new Kotor characters you are getting ready to farm (or have been already). My only hope is they are still planning a release of at least Malec as a legendary type event that requires the new Kotor characters. However, that really wouldn't make sense because we have never had a legendary event that used characters from both the dark and light side. All in all my outlook on either Malec or Darth Revan is now pretty bleak for the near future and that is probably the worst part about the whole situation.
    Well, the Seperatists has an entire trilogy on them, while Revan is just in a video game series. I think reworking an entire faction that is useless right now is more important than another KOTOR toon. We have had enough of those in recent months.

The separatists were in a trilogy, not had an entire trilogy about them. They were useless pawns in a much greater scheme by a sith. The separatists are the least interesting part of the prequel trilogy.

That's why all of the star wars have somewhat failed since Disney took over. A great hero needs a great villian. Sure Senator Palpatine was fine, but GG was garbage until Clone Wars cartoon explained where he came from. But the droids were an integral part of the movie. In the opening scene of Phantom Menace Obi wan and QGJ split when the droidekas showed up. Why the separatists just didnt make a million more of those I'll never understand.
    Cost. They could build over 100 B1s for every droideka they built, and the separatists preferred quantity over quality.

In retrospect kind of a stupid move. Clones couldnt kill them and jedi ran away. Oh well, I guess if they went with my theory the jedi would have lost... oh wait...

Well the separatist uprising where orchestered by Palpantine and I guess he didn’t really want them to win, just be a boogey man strong enough to pose a real threat so the Galactic Republic and the Jedi were forced to use the clone army he had created to fight them. If either side were too strong the war would have been over too quickly and he might not have been able to assume absolute control.

This.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Lio wrote: »
    Fastg33z wrote: »
    WHEN IS THE FINN FIX LIKELY. Lots of new content being released without the old one being fixed. This is a joke. You've promised a fix for over a month now. People like myself and many other withholding zetas and suffering in raid because of this. Do something already or just say we can't be bothered or even can't figure it out. What's so difficult about it?

How are you suffering in the raids? Because others are ranked higher than you? Puh-leeeeeeze

Also, if they had rolled out a so-so fix already, people would've been complaining about how broken it was, about how EA sucks, about how they suck at their jobs, and blah blah blah. Just sit tight and wait. Until then, be happy for your guildmates ranked higher than you.

They should do what they say. I never said I'd fix Finn nor c-3po. They did. I also chose not to zeta Finn because of this. I've been waiting a month thank you very much. They've rolled out other fixes in the interim but yet they claim they can't do that one. And ofc I'm happy for my guild mates I'm just not happy about the delay. Anyhow hurry up and Fix Finn Carrie or get some better coders in to do the job.
  • Fastg33z wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    WHEN IS THE FINN FIX LIKELY. Lots of new content being released without the old one being fixed. This is a joke. You've promised a fix for over a month now. People like myself and many other withholding zetas and suffering in raid because of this. Do something already or just say we can't be bothered or even can't figure it out. What's so difficult about it?

How are you suffering in the raids? Because others are ranked higher than you? Puh-leeeeeeze

Also, if they had rolled out a so-so fix already, people would've been complaining about how broken it was, about how EA sucks, about how they suck at their jobs, and blah blah blah. Just sit tight and wait. Until then, be happy for your guildmates ranked higher than you.

They should do what they say. I never said I'd fix Finn nor c-3po. They did. I also chose not to zeta Finn because of this. I've been waiting a month thank you very much. They've rolled out other fixes in the interim but yet they claim they can't do that one. And ofc I'm happy for my guild mates I'm just not happy about the delay. Anyhow hurry up and Fix Finn Carrie or get some better coders in to do the job.

L
    O
    L
  • Fastg33z wrote: »

I think coding days are gone, most games are created with interfaces to maintain it. The team or teams that create the game are let go at, or soon after launch.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

L
    O
    L

LOL is correct.

Also, I highly doubt the fix will make Finn's zeta worthless. You can still zeta him. He's long been considered one of the best zetas in the game. Even with the advent of GA, his zeta has become very useful. You just want to shake your fist at the sky and curse somebody and CG becomes an easy target on these forums for you. It's just frivolous.
  • Protect and defend them all you want. Don't detract from the fact that they STILL haven't fixed this P3 issue.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Protect and defend them all you want. Don't detract from the fact that they STILL haven't fixed this P3 issue.

And I'm STILL fine with that.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    What I liked about the two reworks CG did with Nightsister Acolyte and Zombie was that they didn't try to nerf the characters. Sure, Acolyte's kit was sort of nerfed because she lost the double attack on basic, but they gave her basic 2x damage and the same stealth % (90 instead of 91 is minor enough). Double basic was better but the kit was largely the same

I'm sure whatever changes they do, they will try to maintain the kit to function the same while preventing the phase solo
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What I liked about the two reworks CG did with Nightsister Acolyte and Zombie was that they didn't try to nerf the characters. Sure, Acolyte's kit was sort of nerfed because she lost the double attack on basic, but they gave her basic 2x damage and the same stealth % (90 instead of 91 is minor enough). Double basic was better but the kit was largely the same

I'm sure whatever changes they do, they will try to maintain the kit to function the same while preventing the phase solo

Except that taking the double tap away from NSA made her ability to clear foresight null and void, which was one of her best attributes IMO.

Sigh... my G12 NSA just sitting there waiting to be relevant again...
  • I am continuously impressed with every update that I've seen over my last year of playing. Quality of Life changes are the most impactful and the dev team keeps delivering on those. The new buff/debuff changes outlined here will be a welcome site for those that run a Bastila Shan + Grand Master Yoda Team among many others.

I hope something is in the works for helping to identify character roles more easily, especially in combat. There is no doubt a very large character library in the game and that is by design. However, it is a daunting task, for newer players especially, to tell the difference between Attacker, Tank, Healer & Support roles of their enemy teams. I've also found myself surprised to see some characters turn out to be a tank or support when I'm finally able to obtain them after being thoroughly thrashed by them in battles previously.

I would like to propose a standard icon to be included on character portraits next to their level indicators that identify the role of that character. Something simple like: Attacker=Sword or Tank=Shield would be a great quality of life change that most players would appreciate.
    A Veteran RPG Gamer who never stops looking for ways to improve his gaming experience and well as those of others.

Check Out My Gaming Channel on Minds where you will find my
    Rants, Ravings, Tips, Tricks & Brainstorms of a Veteran RPG Gamer.
    https://minds.com/PapaSolDragon
  • Ultra wrote: »

Except that taking the double tap away from NSA made her ability to clear foresight null and void, which was one of her best attributes IMO.

Sigh... my G12 NSA just sitting there waiting to be relevant again...

Totally!
    They re-nerfed NS Acolyte and pretended it was an "un-nerfing". And they never responded when people pointed out the horrible second nerf she got!
    Can't heal if don't hit to do damage, can't hit to do damage if not double tapping (or shooting through foresight) when foresight is up. One Nerf (that they never addressed).
    There are other issues too (c.f. statistic variance).
  • You got to be kidding me. Raid sims?? That is ridiculose... Thats about the only part of the game that is even playable! We want to PLAY THE GAME! Its getting kinda pointless if we can just sim everything! I think its stupid that you can sim galactic war. Thats the best part of the game for me. Its the only part where we can have fun and try different teams without the fear of being instantly destroyed! Your really screwing up the game for us players... Its a game! We want to play it! Your going in the wrong direction with all this sim crap. Think about it...
  • As it is now theres about 30 min. A day of playtime. We want MORE PLAYTIME! NOT LESS... I guess im just going to have to find another game. One i can actually PLAY!!
  • One last thing... Every faction should have a meta. The game should not be dominated by 1 character. That is boring and stupid! Look at your arena server. Arent you sick of revan by now??!! I am. There should be other teams that stand a chance. Everyone should not be using the same team!!
  • As it is now theres about 30 min. A day of playtime. We want MORE PLAYTIME! NOT LESS... I guess im just going to have to find another game.

Please do.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    As it is now theres about 30 min. A day of playtime. We want MORE PLAYTIME! NOT LESS... I guess im just going to have to find another game. One i can actually PLAY!!

You don't have to sim everything. I have been going for bounty hunters quests and I have played more that 30 minutes today.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    You got to be kidding me. Raid sims?? That is ridiculose... Thats about the only part of the game that is even playable! We want to PLAY THE GAME! Its getting kinda pointless if we can just sim everything! I think its stupid that you can sim galactic war. Thats the best part of the game for me. Its the only part where we can have fun and try different teams without the fear of being instantly destroyed! Your really screwing up the game for us players... Its a game! We want to play it! Your going in the wrong direction with all this sim crap. Think about it...

uhh you know you can NOT sim the raid right ?
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world)

I typed 'rework grevious' into the search field of these forums and got 320 results.

For the record, I typed in "Rework Mace" and got over 800 results.

jcnblp9i3uby.gif
  • As it is now theres about 30 min. A day of playtime. We want MORE PLAYTIME! NOT LESS... I guess im just going to have to find another game. One i can actually PLAY!!

the opposite of this. game takes way too much time. make everything quicker.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Both arenas are in ruin, because off greed and poor balance off new chars. If you want to keep ppl playing the game that is what you should focus. Talking about mi lf in the post from a dev like its something good just show how little you care about having a balanced game.
  • Seems as if GG rework didn't go as well as planned. Is there a possibility of jedi knight like coming soon?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    While any new content is great and I am happy for all the GG fans out there (Ahnald and maybe 3 other people in the world)

I typed 'rework grevious' into the search field of these forums and got 320 results.

For the record, I typed in "Rework Mace" and got over 800 results.

jcnblp9i3uby.gif

I'm not a huge fan of Mace, so I don't really care if they rework him or not. However, I have wondered if the devs hate Mace for some reason. Everywhere he exists in the game is complete garbage. His toon is garbage. His ship is the worst of all capital ships, and even the daily challenge that involves him where you get the resources is total garbage. It is literally a waste of a daily challenge... and who's the leader of it... Mace. Not one useful resource included in that daily challenge.
  • I really like the stuff mentioned in the road ahead... especially the GA matchmaking change, which clearly has not been updated yet (as I look at the current 3v3 GA matchups)
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    GodlikeNay wrote: »
    His ship is the worst of all capital ships
    His capital ship or rather (timeout) team was the strongest before **** came out.
    No more advantages.
  • Goble57
    99 posts Member
    I understand things take time and there’s been a lot going on, so I’m just wanting to know what to expect. Is there any timeline we can know for those QOL updates? @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    next road ahead?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    next road ahead?

And so it begins
  • The road ahead isn't due until April. So around May 1st - give or take a week or two for unexpected delays in getting it signed off.

It'll cover the 3 month period between May 1st and May 31st
  • Lio wrote: »

Also, I highly doubt the fix will make Finn's zeta worthless. You can still zeta him. He's long been considered one of the best zetas in the game. Even with the advent of GA, his zeta has become very useful. You just want to shake your fist at the sky and curse somebody and CG becomes an easy target on these forums for you. It's just frivolous.

Finns zeta was the biggest investment waste for me do date.
This discussion has been closed.